Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,885 members, 7,814,000 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

My Husband Is Always Running - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Is Always Running (29427 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / My Husband Runs Away From Having Sexual Intercourse With Me: Wife / Some Sweet USUALS Every Husband Is Supposed To Be Giving To His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Mercyu1(f): 6:30pm On Jul 11, 2013
There ar things some people refused 2 giv proper thought b4 passin their judgements here.The poster said her hubby even b4 they met ran away frm his parent's house for 5yrs just cos his mum asked him 2 do house chores,ran away just 2weeks after their wedding n came bck after 4months n does d running away subsequently.To me,this is nt just about d wife being arguementative,insultin or naggin if atall she does.Wat kind of arguement wil make a man 2 leave his wife just 2weeks after wedding as wel as during pregnancy?Which married couples do nt hv arguements once in a while n later resolve it?I can bet everybody here dt d man is either egoistic n does nt want 2 take blames 4 anytin he does wrong,is nt man enof 2 handle his matrimonial issues,has a mistress somewhere or even has a personality disorder.@D OP,i suggest u pray always 4 ur hubby,try 2 find out frm him wat exactly makes him run away n seek advice frm a psychologist.ITS WELL!

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by dnawah(m): 6:37pm On Jul 11, 2013
Peace be with u,see wat to do next time,u have argument be the 1st to go.stay as long as u wish and come back.this is 4 him 2 get d test of ur feelings.but most importantly pray 4 him.u really need a special super glue,to glue him.and that super glue is JESUS OK.
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 11, 2013
Arguments most likely force men to leave home for hours and perharps a very few days BUT NOT WEEKS let alone MONTHS. Girl, I don't wanna discourage you but your husband has a lady outside there who he runs to. He only comes back because he still respects his marriage. If I were you, I will minimize the arguments to win him fully back first so he won't have reasons to start loving his mistress which I believe he hasn't done yet. So you still have an egde dear, move fast before its too late. Shalom
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Chegal(f): 6:40pm On Jul 11, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Stories like these make the MrBrownJays and their attitudes to pregnant women look acceptable.

@OP, why should you be having mild to heavy arguments with your spouse frequently? Sounds like you instigate them. Please explain 'heavy arguments'. Do you get violent? Throw things around? Do you have a sharp, caustic tongue that's quick to insult the hell out of the man??

You're pregnant. The least you can do is respect yourself and keep your mouth shut. Why must you have an argument with your husband? Pls don't give the excuse of being hormonal this and hormonal that! Aren't you aware of the complications that can arise from having a high bp, which can be induced from unnecessary arguments?

I'm sorry to say this, but your husband sounds like the more mature one here. Rather than entangle himself with a battle of words, he chooses to walk out of the situation till things cool down. Or what do you expect him to do? Sit down quietly while you heap insult upon insult upon his head? Do you even know what might happen if he snaps?

Or maybe, you really are one of those who has a fetish for violence and only feel loved if your husband plummets the living daylights out of you.

Sorry, but from what you've posted, I support your husband 100%. You on the other hand haven't learnt your lesson. If sitting down to discuss amicably, and keeping your mouth shut while he airs his grievances is too much for you to bear, then don't blame him the day he walks out on you for good... straight into the arms of a more accommodating missus.

Oh, and I need to ask this of you: Didn't you guys date at all before getting hitched? Didn't you study the man before tying the knot and saying "I do"?
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by obuji: 6:47pm On Jul 11, 2013
There is a big difference between walking away from trouble and running away from the house. What makes you a man if you can run away from your own rightful home for a week, 2 weeks, one month? That's crazy.
Is so silly how you guys are already passing judgment on the lady. Even if she has sharp mouth, any man who was not expecting that from his wife is not yet ready to settle down.
And how do you expect the woman to have already knew the kind of man he was? Even if they did date, was it marriage.
I blame the man for not being a man. He should take charge and correct all correctables or endure the uncorrectables.
Can you imagine goodluck Jonathan running away from Nigeria because there are so many crisis all the time??

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 11, 2013
Wislet: daily news, how u dey?
I am not fine ogrin really wanna make some e-trouble tonightgrin

And Alutacontinua is giving me a lead to follow...grin

For what reason shud people date, huh(maybe for sex, money, favour, poverty upliftment, peer-pressure, etc? what else?)

@Aluta, did your father dated your mother before marrying her? If yours did, mine didn't do anything like courtship or dating and they have been married for so long now still living happily like sister and brother...dating is a western world culture which has destroyed the world....I know you guys won't understand cos it sounds weird for someone to stay without a girlfriend or boyfriend right No wahala....the world will soon realize their mistakes....soon smiley

Most married ladies are encountering marital crises today becos of the numerous guys they dated!!!

You have already enjoyed all what u are supposed to enjoy in marriage during dating and courting, so y complain that the marriage isn't sweet

And how have u been @wislet...been longsmiley
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by CollinsLeSkillzMadumere(m): 6:53pm On Jul 11, 2013
This calls for maturity. Efemena obviously has a beef with the OP, he is bent on making her look like the only offender and it isn't fair. Debosky is more objective, articulate and just. Keep it up Debosky, your mind is intact.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by somegirl1: 6:53pm On Jul 11, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Stories like these make the MrBrownJays and their attitudes to pregnant women look acceptable.

@OP, why should you be having mild to heavy arguments with your spouse frequently? Sounds like you instigate them. Please explain 'heavy arguments'. Do you get violent? Throw things around? Do you have a sharp, caustic tongue that's quick to insult the hell out of the man??

You're pregnant. The least you can do is respect yourself and keep your mouth shut. Why must you have an argument with your husband? Pls don't give the excuse of being hormonal this and hormonal that! Aren't you aware of the complications that can arise from having a high bp, which can be induced from unnecessary arguments?

I'm sorry to say this, but your husband sounds like the more mature one here. Rather than entangle himself with a battle of words, he chooses to walk out of the situation till things cool down. Or what do you expect him to do? Sit down quietly while you heap insult upon insult upon his head? Do you even know what might happen if he snaps?

Or maybe, you really are one of those who has a fetish for violence and only feel loved if your husband plummets the living daylights out of you.

Sorry, but from what you've posted, I support your husband 100%. You on the other hand haven't learnt your lesson. If sitting down to discuss amicably, and keeping your mouth shut while he airs his grievances is too much for you to bear, then don't blame him the day he walks out on you for good... straight into the arms of a more accommodating missus.

Oh, and I need to ask this of you: Didn't you guys date at all before getting hitched? Didn't you study the man before tying the knot and saying "I do"?

I disagree, the man sounds like he's suffering from fear of confrontation.
One cannot keep running away in and from life.
If he can't handle an argument with his wife, who can't be that bad if he keeps returning to her, he can't handle life's issues. Would he run off from his job if his manager criticized his work ethic and expect to return months later?
It isn't practicable for her to keep tiptoeing around him so as not to offend him. He either leaves her for good, if she is as troublesome as you've assumed she is, or he sorts his issues out.

It would be interesting to observe how the accuser/ adviser would handle a situation like this? I'm very certain you won't take your own advice.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by waybaloo: 6:54pm On Jul 11, 2013
this forum makes me laugh - a woman comes asking a question about problems with her husband and then she gets bashed left, right and center. i could say Nigerian men are so misogynistic but then the most antagonistic posts are written by women!!! shaking my head ...

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 11, 2013
waybaloo: this forum makes me laugh - a woman comes asking a question about problems with her husband and then she gets bashed left, right and center. i could say Nigerian men are so misogynistic but then the most antagonistic posts are written by women!!! shaking my head ...
Yes na...why should she bring such a sensitive topic here Does she even know the ages of people that would advice her Most of us, myself included are all single....and there are even more teenagers and adolescence here, so why would she expect pampering alone

Whenever someone brings a topic like this on nairaland, they should expect the good, the bad, the ugly and what have u....and who told u everyone here wants the marriage to hold when it is an opportunity to woo her out of that marriage cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by waybaloo: 7:04pm On Jul 11, 2013
didnt realise children used this forum

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by biolabee(m): 7:06pm On Jul 11, 2013
drake2:

Its not funny at all. My Uncle once married a woman, they both had 2 children ; very good job with a british company and very rich too.

Every thing is available in the house including official and private cars, but this woman would often nag and even violently smash the windshield of the car in which he was being taken to the office in the morning .

He devised a way of avoiding her hurting words and violence by frequently going to work from a hotel room in Ikeja anytime he smelled trouble in the house.

The marriage has since become history, some women can truncate your life ; my eldest brother died of stroke cos of a similar scenario.
I am so sorry for your loss
Hmm....

May God help us
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by waybaloo: 7:08pm On Jul 11, 2013
the women must have been crazy undecided
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by saintade01(m): 7:24pm On Jul 11, 2013
DailyNews: Yes na...why should she bring such a sensitive topic here Does she even know the ages of people that would advice her Most of us, myself included are all single....and there are even more teenagers and adolescence here, so why would she expect pampering alone

Whenever someone brings a topic like this on nairaland, they should expect the good, the bad, the ugly and what have u....and who told u everyone here wants the marriage to hold when it is an opportunity to woo her out of that marriage cheesy cheesy cheesy

Who says its only the kids and singles you have in this forum? Get your findings right bro.

I got to know about Nland from my boss of 51 5yrs ago. Can also name about 6 matured adults that visit frequently like you do.

Just because the kids in this forum makes the loudest noise doesn't make them d 'Super User'.
So people can stil b advised rightly here. wink

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 11, 2013
iamsaved: I am extremely confused at this point as I need to plan my future and my kid(s) future.

We have been married for 4years now, blessed with a child and expecting the second. For weired and unexplained reasons, my hubby is fond of abandoning our home whenever we have mild to heavy misunderstanding. He first abandoned me 2weeks after wedding over a minor arguement, came back, 4months later after wedding, same thing for one month and finally when I was pregnant with our first child over a little misunderstanding but this time for a long time. Yes I know it sounds funny. We reconciled late last year after he came with his family to beg, my major reason of going back being cos of my child. Now am some months pregnant and he attempted to leave again last two weeks. It was his friend who stopped him from leaving. During the meeting held last, Hia friend asked him exactly the reason he keeps doing that, he said he just doesn't want wahala or stress.

This didn't start with me, he once said he ran away from home for 5years when he was in his early 20s cos his mum was telling him to o house chores.

I regret reconciling with him. If I wasn't pregnant, I know i would have walked out finally since its still the same thing happening all over again.
I am scared for my future and the future of my kids.

First off: You guys are not compatible, he clearly is not in love with you and doesnt want to be with you. It seems you might be nagging him a lot giving him an excuse to go out to do what he wants. He doesnt want to be in a relationship WITH YOU; his heart is outside the home. Set him free and let him be and just try to make sure hes at least there for the kids financial/emotionally.

P.S: Who still lives at home in his 20s to the point of being harrassed by Mommy to do chores? In desperation, you hooked up with a boy in a man's body now youre paying the price. You got yourself in that trouble, you should try to figure out how to extricate urself from it as soon as possible--- for the sake and wellbeing of your kids.
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 11, 2013
saintade01:

Who says its only the kids and singles you have in this forum? Get your findings right bro.

I got to know about Nland from my boss of 51 5yrs ago. Can also name about 6 matured adults that visit frequently like you do.

Just because the kids in this forum makes the loudest noise doesn't make them d 'Super User'.
So people can stil b advised rightly here. wink
Ofcourse, I said majority...I too i'm here cheesy...I also arrived here via an elder bro...and I also know some old folks here....but majority are kids shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 11, 2013
obuji:
Is so silly how you guys are already passing judgment on the lady. Even if she has sharp mouth, any man who was not expecting that from his wife is not yet ready to settle down.
And how do you expect the woman to have already knew the kind of man he was? Even if they did date, was it marriage.

Ah, you sound like you'll be single for a looooong loooonnng time.
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by HFactor1(m): 7:33pm On Jul 11, 2013
As AVRS has stated, your husband is maladjusted & needs counselling.
Trust me even if this story is made up, it resonates with a typical (& very common) personality disorder.
He can't help it, & he doesn't even know he has it. He's not a mad man either.
I'm sure his mother forced & scolded him to do chores, without caring if he was a grown man, which may have tipped him off.
It's in your will to understand with, and support him, & stay away from unnecessary misunderstandings as much as possible.
also seek counselling for him.
I'm sure he's a good man, he just needs space. So stop bringing up actions that will chase him away like his mum did.
(Women sef, una too quarrel!)
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Wislet(f): 7:39pm On Jul 11, 2013
@dailynews, am good, thnx.
Have ur fun arguing oo
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 11, 2013
Wislet: @dailynews, am good, thnx.
Have ur fun arguing oo
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy tenkiu tenkiu grin grin
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by ThankGodEdeh(m): 7:52pm On Jul 11, 2013
The man is pretty cool. Staying at home in the midst of argument might make him do stupid things. He could beat up and eventually kill his wife. Why not stop arguing with him if you dont want him to always run away?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 11, 2013
@OP, Has anyone been mad in ur hubby's family b4? Is ur guy a very proud person , over bloated ego,r u richer than he is/or ur family richer than he is? Does he have inferiority complex but covers it with pride?

If the above is yes, then u don enta. When he eventually comes back, try to minimise/avoid arguments with him even if u feel like dying from keeping your mouth shut. If u continue with the arguments, one day he will go mad and that won't be funny.
Never abuse him nor remind him of past mistakes or weakpoints. Such ppl can be very caring when they are ok, but during the arguments, his mind will be telling him to leave the home. It will also be painting a terrible picture of someone that killed the wife.

Most importantly, pray like never before. There is no situation prayer cannot change.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by DWJOBScom(m): 8:16pm On Jul 11, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Madam, I was enjoying your post till I got to the last bit! Must you add comedy to it, eh? grin grin

Why does she need to find out where he stays for weeks / months on end? How e go help her case na? cheesy cheesy
I think am now becoming a fan of "efemena" he's always getting it right in his comments. Always look out for him
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 11, 2013
mercylicious: @OP, Has anyone been mad in ur hubby's family b4? Is ur guy a very proud person , over bloated ego,r u richer than he is/or ur family richer than he is? Does he have inferiority complex but covers it with pride?

If the above is yes, then u don enta. When he eventually comes back, try to minimise/avoid arguments with him even if u feel like dying from keeping your mouth shut. If u continue with the arguments, one day he will go mad and that won't be funny.
Never abuse him nor remind him of past mistakes or weakpoints. Such ppl can be very caring when they are ok, but during the arguments, his mind will be telling him to leave the home. It will also be painting a terrible picture of someone that killed the wife.

Most importantly, pray like never before. There is no situation prayer cannot change.
OMG!!!! Mercy!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by dabrake(m): 8:20pm On Jul 11, 2013
Dantedasz: Another husband bashing thread.
Don't you people get tired of your crappy lies and fake stories?
For chrissakes is your husband a Fulani nomad who roams away from the house to herd his cattle for months before returning to the house and you?
So many freaking lying threads on this forum.
1.My husband spits on me whenever we have an arguement-Is he a snake?
2. My husband beats me up all the time.-Is he a wrestler or a kick boxer?
3. My husband slept with my maid and kicked me out of the house.-Doesn't he have any class? Yet you married him.
4.My husband is impotent.-Yet you married him.
We are sick and tired of these immature,childish Mills and boom threads,if you are job less,stop opening silly threads and get yourself a freaking job. Jeeeezzz!
Oh God!!!!!!!!!!! Una no go kill person with laugh.
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by alyarmouk(m): 8:32pm On Jul 11, 2013
why did you marry him in the first place? or you didnt do your backgrnd check?
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by MsTom(f): 8:37pm On Jul 11, 2013
iamsaved: I am extremely confused at this point as I need to plan my future and my kid(s) future.

We have been married for 4years now, blessed with a child and expecting the second. For weired and unexplained reasons, my hubby is fond of abandoning our home whenever we have mild to heavy misunderstanding. He first abandoned me 2weeks after wedding over a minor arguement, came back, 4months later after wedding, same thing for one month and finally when I was pregnant with our first child over a little misunderstanding but this time for a long time. Yes I know it sounds funny. We reconciled late last year after he came with his family to beg, my major reason of going back being cos of my child. Now am some months pregnant and he attempted to leave again last two weeks. It was his friend who stopped him from leaving. During the meeting held last, Hia friend asked him exactly the reason he keeps doing that, he said he just doesn't want wahala or stress.

This didn't start with me, he once said he ran away from home for 5years when he was in his early 20s cos his mum was telling him to o house chores.

I regret reconciling with him. If I wasn't pregnant, I know i would have walked out finally since its still the same thing happening all over again.
I am scared for my future and the future of my kids.

Please go ahead and make plans for yourself and the kids. I see your hubby as unserious and not ready to be responsible. A man walking out for months on his wife and kids is not serious and would one day walk and not come back. In your pursuit of security, talk to counsellor or pastors(depending on your religion) to see if something can be done. I wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 11, 2013
DailyNews: I am not fine ogrin really wanna make some e-trouble tonightgrin

And Alutacontinua is giving me a lead to follow...grin

For what reason shud people date, huh(maybe for sex, money, favour, poverty upliftment, peer-pressure, etc? what else?)

@Aluta, did your father dated your mother before marrying her? If yours did, mine didn't do anything like courtship or dating and they have been married for so long now still living happily like sister and brother...dating is a western world culture which has destroyed the world....I know you guys won't understand cos it sounds weird for someone to stay without a girlfriend or boyfriend right No wahala....the world will soon realize their mistakes....soon smiley

Most married ladies are encountering marital crises today becos of the numerous guys they dated!!!

You have already enjoyed all what u are supposed to enjoy in marriage during dating and courting, so y complain that the marriage isn't sweet

And how have u been @wislet...been longsmiley

Courtship or dating, whichever you choose to use is important because you need to know the person you wanna spend the rest of your life with. Or which kain tin u dey yarn sef? So, i just meet a guy today and go home next week to tell my parents that i'm marrying him and just like that,we move together! Some people still court or date without intimacy, it's rare but possible. DEAL WITH THAT! Even if they're intimate, does that guarantee a failed marriage If they're not intimate, does that guarantee a successful marriage?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Burger01(m): 8:42pm On Jul 11, 2013
Some women have caustic tongues. I can't remember the number of times I did 'disappearing act' on my woman. Ayam even afraid of saying 'I do' to her on that day.

Women, learn to understand your men. Most women won't say things they say to their husbands to their bosses @ works. I, personally don't like argument with my woman. Yeah, I could flare up and behave unexpectedly borne out of stress at office and thinking of how to keep the family afloat. To avoid high bp and needless home stress I simply do the 'disappearing act'. Don't wanna 'quench' before my time..

sad
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by ablyguy(m): 8:45pm On Jul 11, 2013
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Burger01(m): 8:55pm On Jul 11, 2013
baby_123:

hehehehe. Growing up, i have witnessed a wife fu*ck up her husband at any slight thing. The bad thing is they bring their fight outside, with the man running for his life. When you wake up to shouts, you will just hear two people running. Na the wife dey always chase. Na wa oooooo. All we hear at our house is "Oga, Oga, help me o!". Na the man dey shout. LMAO. My dad will have to warn the woman seriously to go back home, while we shelter the husband and my parents will resolve their matter. It was always like action film. Those two foo*ls are still together till today. I guess they are now too old to be pursuing themselves. Funny thing is after the beating, the man will go like a goat and continue with his girlfriends. SMH grin grin grin. You have never heard of "obirin bi okunrin" " A woman that is like a man". lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

grin
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by blackbeau1(f): 8:59pm On Jul 11, 2013
Efemena_xy:

are you listening to yourself? So because they quarrel,he wld leave her for months? And u say he is mature? I'd rather say he is childish

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby / Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? / My Divorce Journal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.