Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,010 members, 7,814,445 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

My Husband Is Always Running - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Is Always Running (29429 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / My Husband Runs Away From Having Sexual Intercourse With Me: Wife / Some Sweet USUALS Every Husband Is Supposed To Be Giving To His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by eagleeye2: 1:08pm On Jul 11, 2013
iamsaved:

I wish you will act like your username.
Am sorry about my first post. After I posted it, I then read pages 2&3... my subsequent posts should have proved that.
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by 2mch(m): 1:12pm On Jul 11, 2013
Fake story. You women like to listen to fake stories. So much time with nothing to do. When one is asked questions and she dances around those that will expose her, then the person is not giving a first hand story of events. OP, I like your script. You are fighting with people that have patience to read this crap because you have not planned the answers to that question yet.hahahahaha.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by mickel2223(m): 1:19pm On Jul 11, 2013
sheniqua:

You don't need any more explanations dear,the people you are explaining things to have no interest in your well being,you can tell by their responses to you.Your very first post here painted a gruesome picture.
How many men walk out on a marriage 2 weeks into it and return 4 months later
None that I know of
A man,I believe debosky wrote earlier that it is not normal,believe him,it isn't.ask anyone you know it is a strange behavior.
Then again you tell us he never even saw his own baby for months
What type of a man is that?
After a mere argument?
Refusing to wash dishes or iron a child's shirt is no big deal IMHO but running away for weeks after an argument emanating from that is a huge deal
Many married women here or anyone in a relationship know that couples disagree from time to time and if you discuss with friends you will find out that the most the decent men do when the woman won't shut up is to grab their car keys and drive off till she cools down and they cool down or go into their study and lock themselves in Or go to a bar and hang out with the boys
They don't run off for months to an unknown destination.
And if you were a violent person,he wouldn't come back if he was scared and wouldn't leave a deadly woman with an infant child if he is normal.

Prepare your mind,this marriage may not last no matter how much you want it to
You cannot be in a marriage by yourself
If your partner is not willing to be married and this one has shown you time and again,he isn't ,there is nothing you can do,frankly speaking.He doesn't want the responsibility of marriage. And he couldn't have said it any louder.

Don't allow anybody guilt you into anything and twist this to put you on the defensive
And please for heavens sake stop begging this loser when he wants to leave,it makes him feel powerful
And he has you where he wants you to be,begging for him to stay and fighting to keep him
Don't fall for it,how long will you live your life that way? On your knees for a man who doesn't care about you,your child and your unborn child
The duty of a husband is to protect their territory , animals in the wild know that fact but that husband of yours has no clue and feels no qualms leaving a young wife and a baby alone in a house by themselves because he doesn't know what it is to be a man
Next time he decides to leave,look Him in the face and call him by name and say "look,if you walk out on this marriage again this time rather than sit and talk about the issues in it,please stay out and don't return."
he needs to hear you sound firm and strong and you must mean it,let him leave,He is useless to you.

If you have parents and siblings ,get together with them and tell them what you are facing.His people will do you no good,you already told us he ran away fom his own mother for 5 years rather than do chores so they already know the sort of son they have and may be actually surprised that he has a wife.
You picked a loser
You can't change him
Allow him to walk
Thank God you have a job
If you are a Christian,the Bible says you are free to re marry when a spouse walks out on you
I pray you find someone who will truly love you and cherish you for you.
This eediot Sperrm donor is not the one
Cut your losses now while you are still young.

God bless u for dis bitter truth u just vomited.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by freecocoa(f): 1:30pm On Jul 11, 2013
I know NL is filled with fake stories but believe it or not, there are men like the one described by the OP.

I personally know one who leaves every time he comes into money(he is a contractor), he leaves for months and comes back crying after spending the money saying he doesn't know what is wrong with him, that he thinks someone in his village is responsible, funny enough his wife is still married to him.

These things really do happen.
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Fhemmmy: 1:35pm On Jul 11, 2013
freecocoa: I know NL is filled with fake stories but believe it or not, there are men like the one described by the OP.

I personally know one who leaves every time he comes into money(he is a contractor), he leaves for months and comes back crying after spending the money saying he doesn't know what is wrong with him, that he thinks someone in his village is responsible, funny enough his wife is still married to him.

These things really do happen.

The wife is to be blamed, cos she is not good enuf spending the money on, but to be cried on her shoulder?
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 11, 2013

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by freecocoa(f): 1:51pm On Jul 11, 2013
Fhemmmy:

The wife is to be blamed, cos she is not good enuf spending the money on, but to be cried on her shoulder?
How is it her fault that the man takes off whenever he has cash?

I just think he does that cos he knows she isn't leaving him and many of these women who suffer in their marriages stay because of their children as they all claim and they just don't know how to start over again.

Don't blame them for the men's attitude, I personally have noticed that some men take women that treat them nicely for granted.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Fhemmmy: 1:52pm On Jul 11, 2013
freecocoa: How is it her fault that the man takes off whenever he has cash?

I just think he does that cos he knows she isn't leaving him and many of these women who suffer in their marriages stay because of their children as they all claim and they just don't know how to start over again.

Don't blame them for the men's attitude, I personally have noticed that some men take women that treat them nicely for granted.

It is her fault for taking him back

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by breadplanet(f): 2:56pm On Jul 11, 2013
@op please commit this talk u want to have with your husband into the hands of God. Ask for wisdom on how to present issues and above all know that God has a plan for you. May God perfect all that concerns you and your family.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by bknight: 3:15pm On Jul 11, 2013
You are pedantic. You know you undecided
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by biolabee(m): 4:56pm On Jul 11, 2013
choi,,, see setup

after the lady has finalised her resolution, dem come dump am for FP

baptism of fire....
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by colombiana: 5:00pm On Jul 11, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Stories like these make the MrBrownJays and their attitudes to pregnant women look acceptable.

@OP, why should you be having mild to heavy arguments with your spouse frequently? Sounds like you instigate them. Please explain 'heavy arguments'. Do you get violent? Throw things around? Do you have a sharp, caustic tongue that's quick to insult the hell out of the man??

You're pregnant. The least you can do is respect yourself and keep your mouth shut. Why must you have an argument with your husband? Pls don't give the excuse of being hormonal this and hormonal that! Aren't you aware of the complications that can arise from having a high bp, which can be induced from unnecessary arguments?

I'm sorry to say this, but your husband sounds like the more mature one here. Rather than entangle himself with a battle of words, he chooses to walk out of the situation till things cool down. Or what do you expect him to do? Sit down quietly while you heap insult upon insult upon his head? Do you even know what might happen if he snaps?

Or maybe, you really are one of those who has a fetish for violence and only feel loved if your husband plummets the living daylights out of you.

Sorry, but from what you've posted, I support your husband 100%. You on the other hand haven't learnt your lesson. If sitting down to discuss amicably, and keeping your mouth shut while he airs his grievances is too much for you to bear, then don't blame him the day he walks out on you for good... straight into the arms of a more accommodating missus.

Oh, and I need to ask this of you: Didn't you guys date at all before getting hitched? Didn't you study the man before tying the knot and saying "I do"?
u are right to an extent but please look at the duration of time he runs off biko
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by ghetomum: 5:01pm On Jul 11, 2013
yoruba peolple call it OSAOLE
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 11, 2013
Lol, pls @threadstarter, permit me to laughgringringrin

Is he the last born child of his familygrin
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by grandstar(m): 5:03pm On Jul 11, 2013
Its a psychological problem he has. Read the brilliant book " The Road Less Travelled" and you'll see what I mean.I'm sure you can order it through the net. unfortunately, amazon does not ship to Nigeria so you may have to send it first to someone in America who will now send t down to you

Counseling is the key. There is an unresolved conflict that is affecting him. Until that conflict is resolved, he wil keep running.

Its as though the running is to draw attention to something.. it may stem from childhood. The running may be a way to cope with it an untreated wound. What that something is is the million dollar question
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 11, 2013
freecocoa: How is it her fault that the man takes off whenever he has cash? gringringrin

gringrin
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Emyogalanya: 5:06pm On Jul 11, 2013
Run away wt him now why u go marry boy na u i go blame o
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Rhea(f): 5:08pm On Jul 11, 2013
iamsaved: I am extremely confused at this point as I need to plan my future and my kid(s) future.

We have been married for 4years now, blessed with a child and expecting the second. For weired and unexplained reasons, my hubby is fond of abandoning our home whenever we have mild to heavy misunderstanding. He first abandoned me 2weeks after wedding over a minor arguement, came back, 4months later after wedding, same thing for one month and finally when I was pregnant with our first child over a little misunderstanding but this time for a long time. Yes I know it sounds funny. We reconciled late last year after he came with his family to beg, my major reason of going back being cos of my child. Now am some months pregnant and he attempted to leave again last two weeks. It was his friend who stopped him from leaving. During the meeting held last, Hia friend asked him exactly the reason he keeps doing that, he said he just doesn't want wahala or stress.

This didn't start with me, he once said he ran away from home for 5years when he was in his early 20s cos his mum was telling him to o house chores.

I regret reconciling with him. If I wasn't pregnant, I know i would have walked out finally since its still the same thing happening all over again.
I am scared for my future and the future of my kids.

[size=13pt]Your husband may have a hot temper and thus runs away from home instead of standing the risk of inflicting regrettable injury on you or the kids. I do not support that, but I am only saying that it does happen. Try to think of the conditions at home that tend to support his stay and then encourage those conditions. It may be decent cooking, peace and quiet or friends around. Whatever it is, you can try to make those things happen when he is around and perhaps that will make him stay. However, you also have to ask yourself what this marriage is worth to you. You obviously married the wrong person and perhaps ignored most of these signs when you were dating (yes, the signs are always there, but we choose to ignore them because we believe that love conquers all). If the marriage is worth the trouble for you, then go through the pains and make it work. If not, then file for divorce and lead a new life as a single mother. [/size]
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Youngzedd(m): 5:14pm On Jul 11, 2013
This story get k-leg.

Be honest, have you use any weapon or rising any on your husband before?
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Cashio(m): 5:17pm On Jul 11, 2013
Ur hubby leaves home for months...returns begging with his people.....where exactly are you guys living...ur house or his house....sounds confusing though.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by druid06(m): 5:18pm On Jul 11, 2013
I'm not sure why everyone thinks Nairaland is a forum where you could lay all your problems. This is a website for information and not some online counselling site for married individuals. All the same, I would give a simple advice or observation to this matter anyways.

You claim your husbands runs everytime there's an argument. My first question is, are you those type of women that nags everytime or get violent with any little provocation.

Did you force, pressure and blackmail him to get married to you?. It seems it's the norm occuring in Nigerian homes anyways. Most Nigerian women especially those that over 28years of age tend to be blackmailing dudes into marriage by either conningly getting pregnant for a man or enticing the man with the promise of wealth and financial security.

How old is the dude? Is he a young chap, maybe in his early or mid-twenties.

How old are you? Are you an aging woman who thinks her biological clock is ticking overtime. These questions need to be anwered so people could get a grasp of what kind of person you are and what's stirring trouble in your marriage.

From the little you've written anways, I can either deduce the problem is coming from you or maybe your husband isn't the marriage type and can't handle such pressures that comes with it so he takes flight when there seems to be trouble in the home or probably he is the type of man that does flees when there's is trouble because he can't handle problems or also, he might be freespirited. There are so many men out there who are free-spirited and don't believe in the institution of marriage so they get married only if they've been blackmailed into or forced into marriage because the society/culture forces them to..

Lastly, he might be a closet gay ( just joking ).

You got yourself into this so you should face the situation alone and stop shouting "Blue Murder" like you're all innocent. There's definitely something you're doing wrong and you should ask yourself that rhetorical question. You alone knows the full details of your marriage and you alone can solve your problem. We're all just passerbys and speculators in this matter.
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by ireneidiva(f): 5:19pm On Jul 11, 2013
Nairalanders! U guys can be so emotional! See how somepeople like efe have carried this trival issue on their head and made it personal!

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 11, 2013
Lol, ok, lol...now I have something to say...lol

Pls forgive my lol around, just can't help it.

See, it is normal for a man to grab his car key, jump into his car and run after a disagreement with his wife, but running away for monthsgrin that's kinda weird, I am sorry to say that pls.

Not that ur hubby is weird, but his attitude of running away for long after a disagreement with his wife, not girlfriend per se, is really unwelcoming.

Reason I asked if he is the last born child of his family in my first comment. Most last born childs are spoilt and over-pampered by their parents, especially their mom...and this usually affect them even at old agegrin

Some even find it hard to keep a girlfriend to talk of wife due to that fear of responsibility and facing quarrel.

What can resolve this

Time. Time solve virtually all human problems if and only if we are patient enough to wait. No one here can give u a magical solution...we can only profer solutions and suggestions based on our own little or versed knowledges...but no one here can resolve this automatically, so be patient.

At least, he isn't violent like some men...thank God for that...believe me, if u didn't pressured him into marrying you, and u are sure he rightfully walked up to u to pls marry him, believe me, he will come back to his senses someday...just be nice, calm and coordinated.

Don't listen to anyone advising u to divorce or separate...its easier said than done...society doesn't favour single-mothers....so be wise, it must surely be over!

He may as well need counselling, and the best people that can counsel him and make him change are his best friends, guys. Find them, pour out your heart to them and tell them to pls counsel him. Men listen more to their best friendssmiley than any other...another person is their mom, men respect their mom a lot.

Finally, make sure u aren't the one fuelling the misunderstandings purposefully...pls and pls...no man want a nagging wife. Goodluck
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 11, 2013
My brother, you have hit the nail on the head.. Thanks for your insight..
The only thing the lady (OP) needs to do is to be more proactive in her marriage. Prevent the "argument" from occurring in the first place. There's no such thing as "normal" marital arguments. Arguments r just a brief display of each other's pride and selfishness. Nothing normal about that. Which also brings the dating issue up. If you weren't struck blind during the wh courting period you would know what sends him over the edge and work never to let any discussion lead to tht point.

Efemena_xy:

Well, if I'm being shockingly one-sided, perhaps it because I refuse to join the pity-party band wagon of women who tell stories aimed at making people bash the husband. There are always two sides to a story. The man isn't here to give his version of events. So the least she can do for her readers, under the circumstances, is to give us a balanced view of what really is happening there.

If she's bold enough to seek help on an internet forum full of faceless strangers, she should be bold enough to state what part she played here, no matter how unappealing it may sound. So far, all I've seen from her initial post so far is her painting the husband out to be some irresponsible devil hell-bent on destroying a still new marriage, while she, the woman, is the saintly-all-suffering pregnant wife. Sorry, it doesn't quite wash jare.

As per your last statement, now come on debosky! You are a man. Women are generally more vocal than men so I have no doubt this woman would have scored dozens of goals against her husband during one of her numerous verbal tirades. Most men rather than argue with such a woman would simply pick up their coat, phone and car keys and leave her to stew in her own juices.

She's already pointed out that he's left home in the past under similar circumstances, so she should understand that the last thing this man wants from her is a litany of insults guised as having medium to heavy arguments, whatever those are.
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by grandstar(m): 5:21pm On Jul 11, 2013
Efemena_xy:

I never said it's about your pregnancy.

What I did say is that ladies like you, if asked would attest their fishy behaviour and mood swings down to hormonal changes induced by pregnancy. Okay tell me something...do you have a job? i.e do you work for an employer? And if you do, do you argue with them the way you argue with your husband? No? I guessed as much. That's even by the way. You're pregnant. The last thing you need is the stress caused by an argument. You aren't a child so why not quit the bickering with your hubby?

Secondly, and most importantly, what on earth could you be arguing about, that could be so bad as to warrant your husband leaving home for weeks on end? Do you not know that sometimes, words hurt even more than being physically hit? One can heal from physical wounds, but the emotional wounds inflicted by a caustic tongue such as your may never heal.

Yes, it's normal to have disagreements, but not the sort of arguments you've described here as normal to heavy. You dey even grade your arguments!

Having said that, you still haven't answered the questions I posed you. Did you guys date before tying the knot and saying "I do"??

I don't have to go back and do a sentence-by-sentence analysis of your story, nor do I need to twist your words. It's simple enough to deduct that you argue like a shrew, hence your hubby can't withstand it from you and disappears. FACT.

Is this the inquisition?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oyinbo say"Don't throw the baby out with the bath water". what kind of husband abandons his wife for months like that? No matter what, he has no right to abandon her so long. That is what is wrong!

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by omatss: 5:22pm On Jul 11, 2013
You have the solution to your problem. Stop having argument with your husband, after all he is the head of the house and NO man want to stay with a nagging wife under the same roof. This man don't want problem so stop looking for his trouble.
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Fhemmmy: 5:24pm On Jul 11, 2013
omatss: You have the solution to your problem. Stop having argument with your husband, after all he is the head of the house and NO man want to stay with a nagging wife under the same roof. This man don't want problem so stop looking for his trouble.

So i guess the wife should not speak his mind again?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by PStacks(m): 5:26pm On Jul 11, 2013
grin Are u for real?

Maybe you overwhelm the guy too much.
Some guys don't like wahala at all oo.

What do you expect of him? The reality of Marriage hasn't dawned on him just yet!

Pls just pet him. He loves u but just can't handle stress. Pls pamper ur husband oo.

If its me too I'l run away if a woman is giving me hell. grin
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by rapmike(m): 5:28pm On Jul 11, 2013
u guys are just analyzing the situation as kids.
first of all, DID THIS COUPLE DATE AT ALL?i mean the lady sounds as if she just noticed this after marriage and this seems to be like a behavior the man exhibited before marriage.
for you ppl saying that it is childish for him to leave the woman after every argument, then u have not seen some women argue. some women can argue senselessly for hours and they love displaying their arguing(and at times) fighting skills in front of neighbors. so if a woman is like that and she starts such with a man, there are only two options, which are for the man to join in her madness or to walk away.
the only place where i will blame the man is that he spends too much time outside and he is always shrinking back like a kid that is expecting cane. he needs to gather courage at times
i will advise the woman to analyze all the arguments she had with her husband that leads to him leaving the house, sometime must be there that sets him off.
and please she should be wary and pray because home breakers are always pawing at such men
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 11, 2013
I hope all these biased posters here read the part of the story where it says he ran away from home for five years!I guess the parents had caustic tongue too.JEEZ.I really don't like people who like to twists situations.
Yea blame the OP.cos women have caustic tongues.and I guess the man is doing everything right,she just likes to talk.
And the man came back to beg the wife cos he's not the one at fault he just likes to beg.doesn't that tell us something?
Please let's not add to the misery of a woman who's dealing with an obviously unbalanced man in her life.if you can't help her with meaningful advice,just shut down your PC.
@Topic.OP your husband is sick or has a family elsewhere.if you keep letting him come back to you months after a misunderstanding,one of these days,he'll bring HIV home to you.
To be forewarned is to be forearmed.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by mko2005: 5:30pm On Jul 11, 2013
iamsaved:

I regret reconciling with him. If I wasn't pregnant, I know i would have walked out finally since its still the same thing happening all over again.
I am scared for my future and the future of my kids.
I understand your story very very well ! I was just like your husband but the only difference was that once i'm called up on phone and an apology tendered,i will return that same day ? I hate it when ma lady nags for any reason even if i caused it or... I was scared of beating,shouting or arguing. But today,i'm a changed man !
Your husband may be having just two reasons why he does that :
1.Having solace with some others out there !
2.Not wanting to take responsibility !
The above two is wrapped up in immaturity !
Please do not leave your husband becos of this immature behavior. Try always to pacify him when ever issues brew ! You 'ev got a prospective wonderful husband ! This issue is minor to compare to other kind of physical abuse that might lead to death.Before he leaves next time an argument ensues which is inevitable as couple,try begging him,and if he eventually leaves,call him on phone always letting him know how your children and yourself care so much about him.
You know marriage isn't for boys and girls,but i must tell you that your husband is still a boy and if you leave becos of this very act,it means you also is still a girl who isn't mature for marriage !
IF I CAN GROW UP ANY ONE CAN !
God bless ur union.

God help us all

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 11, 2013
DailyNews: Lol, ok, lol...now I have something to say...lol

Pls forgive my lol around, just can't help it.

See, it is normal for a man to grab his car key, jump into his car and run after a disagreement with his wife, but running away for monthsgrin that's kinda weird, I am sorry to say that pls.

Not that ur hubby is weird, but his attitude of running away for long after a disagreement with his wife, not girlfriend per se, is really unwelcoming.

Reason I asked if he is the last born child of his family in my first comment. Most last born childs are spoilt and over-pampered by their parents, especially their mom...and this usually affect them even at old agegrin

Some even find it hard to keep a girlfriend to talk of wife due to that fear of responsibility and facing quarrel.

What can resolve this

Time. Time solve virtually all human problems if and only if we are patient enough to wait. No one here can give u a magical solution...we can only profer solutions and suggestions based on our own little or versed knowledges...but no one here can resolve this automatically, so be patient.

At least, he isn't violent like some men...thank God for that...believe me, if u didn't pressured him into marrying you, and u are sure he rightfully walked up to u to pls marry him, believe me, he will come back to his senses someday...just be nice, calm and coordinated.

Don't listen to anyone advising u to divorce or separate...its easier said than done...society doesn't favour single-mothers....so be wise, it must surely be over!

He may as well need counselling, and the best people that can counsel him and make him change are his best friends, guys. Find them, pour out your heart to them and tell them to pls counsel him. Men listen more to their best friendssmiley than any other...another person is their mom, men respect their mom a lot.

Finally, make sure u aren't the one fuelling the misunderstandings purposefully...pls and pls...no man want a nagging wife. Goodluck
I like your post.sensible and practical

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby / Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? / My Divorce Journal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.