Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,529 members, 7,823,308 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers (38020 Views)

How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband / How Do I Stop My Baby From Thumb Sucking? / Prophet Ajanaku's Family Eject Wife From His Property. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Princesszoe: 10:06pm On Jul 15, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Yes you can. if she loves u , she will stop.

a woman/wife is supposed to dress to please her husband. period , so if u are not comfortable with it, she should drop them.
And a husband is suppose to dress to please himself or talk to please his people? How about if he loves his wife he will only do things that will please her first and not his people. The two are one flesh so the two owns each other. How about the wife telling him to stop wearing jeans because her family sees such a man as a flirt? The man must be the authority that serves. He must seek to please the wife(his flesh) first before his people. The man must be selfless except if he wants to drive his wife into the arm of another man who will tolerate her and appreciate her the way she lives. his actions on this paltry matter can sip love away from the home. He should be selfless and allow the wife to be.

1 Like

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by lefolksy(f): 10:06pm On Jul 15, 2013
My sincere pity goes 2 d women folks,jst because u did a man favour by acceptng his porposal 2 marry him,will automatically turn 2 be like a relationship btw a father and child wit a lot of don't do this or dat,wasn't not d trouser dat she wore dat attracted u 2 her,plzzzZz Mr man,dn't listen 2 what pple or family member thinks,u should knw what u wnt.dn't stress dat wman
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by filcast(m): 10:07pm On Jul 15, 2013
benchilovsky: The easiest way to get to a girls middle leg is when she puts on skirt...do you want her OGAS AT THE TOP to get there? tongue @op
Really! you seem to be knowledgeable in such ....Don't mind me
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by MostHigh: 10:07pm On Jul 15, 2013
alexis:

Will he die if he stopped asking her to stop wearing it?

The must always be a captain on the ship

Not all men can endure a rocking boat for too long

why did she have to marry?

She should have chosen to be his concubine instead and practice her DEMOCRAZY in the guest house AND NOT THE HOME
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by alexis(m): 10:09pm On Jul 15, 2013
MostHigh:

The must always be a captain on the ship

Not all men can endure a rocking boat for too long

why did she have to marry?

She should have chosen to be his concubine instead and practice her DEMOCRAZY in the guest house AND NOT THE HOME

He asked her to marry him; she didn't. He SAW her wearing trouser, why didn't he object then? He should have mentioned it during courting if it was a big deal for him and not tell the woman to stop wearing trousers after marriage.

If he wanted a concubine that didn't wear trouser, he should have saved his bride-price and left her alone. It's pretense to say the least.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by MostHigh: 10:10pm On Jul 15, 2013
lefolksy: My sincere pity goes 2 d women folks,jst because u did a man favour by acceptng his porposal 2 marry him,will automatically turn 2 be like a relationship btw a father and child wit a lot of don't do this or dat,wasn't not d trouser dat she wore dat attracted u 2 her,plzzzZz Mr man,dn't listen 2 what pple or family member thinks,u should knw what u wnt.dn't stress dat wman

Pity,favour??

You should have remained as a concubine and allow a virtuous woman to occupy the home.

One day na one day monkey go go market e no go return
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 15, 2013
That husband is unserious
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by MostHigh: 10:12pm On Jul 15, 2013
alexis:

He asked her to marry him; she didn't. He SAW her wearing trouser, why didn't he object then? He should have mentioned it during courting if it was a big deal for him.

My father asked me IS SHE DEPENDABLE IS SHE ADAPTABLE TO CHANGE?

luckily FOR ME SHE IS.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by alexis(m): 10:13pm On Jul 15, 2013
MostHigh:

Pity,favour??

You should have remained as a concubine and allow a virtuous woman to occupy the home.

One day na one day monkey go go market e no go return

Mumuism is it's highest order. So a virtuous woman is one that doesn't wear trousers?

7 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Ayatullah(m): 10:13pm On Jul 15, 2013
sexymoma:

If she stops putting on trouser and start fornicating nko

What an evil question you are asking...............when has not wearing trouser become the alternative to fornicating? Yours should be a dirty mind embarassed
Why cant you Christian women who take delight in wearing trouser stop this act the Bible frowned at..........a good Christian Lady/Woman will only
emulate MARY, the mother of Jesus. Or who else should be the Christian woman role model? Definitely not the likes of Tonto Dike and other So-called Nollywood or Hollywood stars.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by InHim4Him(m): 10:14pm On Jul 15, 2013
LOL. Nairalanders are very interesting. Trousers and all the other indecent ways of dressing are the only way women can express their freedom! The 21st century is a time of rewriting the books. Homosexuality is a frontburner right now because being married the old way means being weird. History will continue to repeat itself. AUTODESTRUCT on my mind.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by alexis(m): 10:14pm On Jul 15, 2013
MostHigh:

luckily FOR ME SHE IS.

You mean you married a wife that came with a MANUAL? smiley

3 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Princesszoe: 10:14pm On Jul 15, 2013

a woman/wife is supposed to dress to please her husband. period , so if u are not comfortable with it, she should drop them.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by dabrake(m): 10:15pm On Jul 15, 2013
MostHigh:

We speak spirituality and follow no religion.

Only a fool will say there is no God.
I'm not ready to debate with you. You guys argue blindly.

1 Like

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 15, 2013
MostHigh:

luckily FOR ME SHE IS.

I weep for the woman that married you undecided

Maybe she was just an ugly chic with very low self esteem. Only that will explain why she agreed to marry a scum.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by CollinsLeSkillzMadumere(m): 10:18pm On Jul 15, 2013
hey, better leave religion, it wont take you to heaven o, go and get 21st century messages on how to live a happy married life and digest it. Function by revelation, religion has long failed us, it will fail you again.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Princesszoe: 10:19pm On Jul 15, 2013

And a husband is suppose to dress to please himself or talk to please his people? How about if he loves his wife he will only do things that will please her first and not his people. The two are one flesh so the two owns each other. How about the wife telling him to stop wearing jeans because her family sees such a man as a flirt? The man must be the authority that serves. He must seek to please the wife(his flesh) first before his people. The man must be selfless except if he wants to drive his wife into the arm of another man who will tolerate her and appreciate her the way she lives. his actions on this paltry matter can sip love away from the home. He should be selfless and allow the wife to be.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 15, 2013
MostHigh:

^^^

More like Prophet and that was quite a while back I think 2004 or so he called me out of the heathens and said this day have I begotten thee

Also

You Speak like a true PRESUMTIOUS FOUL mouthed HEATHEN

No offence its just as I perceive you.

LWTMB true
see fools like you hide behind the keyboard and think by typing BS it makes u super righteous
heathen.......lol
Nigerians and their assumptions that as long as you do not support them you must be a devil.with all your righteousness,Nigeria is still one dump of a place.with all the churches left and right,the corruption in the country is up to high heavens.your heart determines how cleansed you are and not the BS you type on forums.you all go about claiming to be holier than thou but still yet the simple tenets of Islam and Christianity,you are all fast to not follow.
When a man like you decides that the best way to control your wife is to enslave her,you still come on here and call people heathen.If God called you,you will not be on here spewing the enslavement of another person as something right in the eyes of the lord

3 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by alexis(m): 10:21pm On Jul 15, 2013
InHim4Him: LOL. Nairalanders are very interesting. Trousers and all the other indecent ways of dressing are the only way women can express their freedom! The 21st century is a time of rewriting the books. Homosexuality is a frontburner right now because being married the old way means being weird. History will continue to repeat itself. AUTODESTRUCT on my mind.

How does wearing trousers translate into indecency and homosexuality? Did you read the initial post? I suggest you read it, come back and re-post
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by MostHigh: 10:21pm On Jul 15, 2013
alexis:

You mean you married a wife that came with a MANUAL? smiley

LWKM true...

Well luckily for me again she didn't life would have been proper boring

That being said regarding life and its ups and downs she has held her own quite well.

Let me try again...

Can you depend on her in times of.....

Is she the kind to adapt to life changes and still come out strong?

The husband in question is asking his wife to adapt to changes he feels are important and has even given her REASON

ARE COUPLES NOT SUPPOSED TO REASON TOGETHER
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 15, 2013
MostHigh:

luckily FOR ME SHE IS.

according to you abi
do you know what she does when you are not busy oppressing her?

1 Like

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by alexis(m): 10:25pm On Jul 15, 2013
MostHigh:

LWKM true...

Well luckily for me again she didn't life would have been proper boring

That being said regarding life and its ups and downs she has held her own quite well.

Let me try again...

Can you depend on her in times of.....

Is she the kind to adapt to life changes and still come out strong?

The husband in question is asking his wife to adapt to changes he feels are important and has even given her REASON

ARE COUPLES NOT SUPPOSED TO REASON TOGETHER

What other reason does he have to give

Couples should always talk and communicate, I agree. My point is simple - why didn't he communicate on this subject when they were courting? Surely, it wouldn't have escalated into a thread on NL.

Why should it be the woman that should ADAPT? Why can't he adapt? Why does he want her to stop wearing trousers? Is it a moral or religious reason? Did he make this known to her before their marriage? Those are honest questions he should answer instead of playing the "ADAPT" game.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by MostHigh: 10:26pm On Jul 15, 2013
milehigh06:
according to you abi
do you know what she does when you are not busy oppressing her?

Its just like saying your father is oppressing you when he tells you the right thing to do

My point is if you don't want to be given instructions then pls remain a concubine

That way you can eat your cake and have it
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by MrCork: 10:27pm On Jul 15, 2013
filcast: hello nairalanders,.
I need to advise a friend urgently.He has been married to his wife for about 1 year and recenty requested the wife to stop wearing trouser,except for sport activitiess.His reason is that both their families belong to religious faiths that view a female wearing trouser as immoral.This request however has not gone down well with the wife who has become unhappy and bitter.she faulted the husband for not raising the issue during courtship as she is already used to wearing trousers. Pls advise this young man on how to handle this to save the union some stress.Does my friend have the right to demand this of his wife.

...which religoin??...how am i expected to view the nyansh if she dont where trouser??...a nyansh is ment to be loook at and women should where tong and trouser..piurrriod! angry
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by MostHigh: 10:28pm On Jul 15, 2013
alexis:

Couples should always talk and communicate, I agree. My point is simple - why didn't he communicate on this subject when they were courting? Surely, it wouldn't have escalated into a thread on NL.

Why should it be the woman that should ADAPT? Why can't he adapt? Why does he want her to stop wearing trousers? Is it a moral or religious reason? Did he make this known to her before their marriage? Those are honest questions he should answer instead of playing the "ADAPT" game.

Never said a man should not adapt.

read my post again.

Both should agree. It is a home
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 15, 2013
MostHigh:

Its just like saying your father is oppressing you when he tells you the right thing to do

My point is if you don't want to be given instructions then pls remain a concubine

That way you can eat your cake and have it

come,it seems you cant read or comprehend stuff
been married happily 8years and believe me,the BS you are spewing will get you divorced faster than the kardashians
and P/s am a man

4 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by LarrySogo(m): 10:29pm On Jul 15, 2013
MRbrownJAY:

this man should accept that his wife did it before he met her, did it while he courted her, is doing it now, and would probably do it long after he is gone. trying to stop her from doing something that he fully well know she did is not only wrong but also very damaging to their union. hubby should let her be comfortable and choose what she wants to wear.

My wife can put on trousers any time she likes
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by MostHigh: 10:31pm On Jul 15, 2013
Shollypopz:
I weep for the woman that married you undecided

Maybe she was just an ugly chic with very low self esteem. Only that will explain why she agreed to marry a scum.

Don't know bout that

But she definitely wont run her mouth like some heathen folk over here

Keep on weeping though.

LWKM OOOO
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by dabrake(m): 10:32pm On Jul 15, 2013
Collins Le Skillz Madumere:
hey, better leave religion, it wont take you to heaven o, go and get 21st century messages on how to live a happy married life and digest it. Function by revelation, religion has long failed us, it will fail you again.
but guy, this your moniker no be here oh undecided undecided angry
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by MostHigh: 10:33pm On Jul 15, 2013
Larry Sogo:
My wife can put on trousers any time she likes

Top man

Lets get the children proper confused

LWKMF.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 15, 2013
Princess zoe: And a husband is suppose to dress to please himself or talk to please his people? How about if he loves his wife he will only do things that will please her first and not his people. The two are one flesh so the two owns each other. How about the wife telling him to stop wearing jeans because her family sees such a man as a flirt? The man must be the authority that serves. He must seek to please the wife(his flesh) first before his people. The man must be selfless except [size=18pt]if he wants to drive his wife into the arm of another man who will tolerate her and appreciate her the way she lives. his actions on this paltry matter can sip love away from the home. He should be selfless and allow the wife to be[/size].
are u blackmailing your husband? oya go in someone else, as if you are the only woman on this earth
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by alexis(m): 10:35pm On Jul 15, 2013
MostHigh:

Never said a man should not adapt.

read my post again.

Both should agree. It is a home

We are getting somewhere and you are changing your tone smiley My point is simple - if it was a deal breaker for him; he should have told her before they got married; all this wahala would have been avoided because it is better to have a failed relationship than to have a failed marriage. From all evidence, it seems the one that is not flexible here is the dude, not the babe.

Why he has the right to ask her to stop (something he should have done when they were courting), she has given a valid and acceptable reason.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises / OPINION POLL: Silent Treatment - Maturity/immaturity? Good OR Bad? / 10 Things Your Mother Never Told You… Warning! This Will Leave You In Tears!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.