Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers (37973 Views)

How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband / How Do I Stop My Baby From Thumb Sucking? / Prophet Ajanaku's Family Eject Wife From His Property. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by 3ace(m): 9:32pm On Jul 15, 2013
I would rather love to have a wife that wears trousers everyday than one that makes my life miserable all the time.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by MostHigh: 9:33pm On Jul 15, 2013
Is he not her Lord?

Is he not her glory?

Then why should she refuse him its not as if he is asking her to commit a crime.

Most women want a covering in a husband but then again they sometimes resist his authority over them.

She cant eat cake and have it.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by BarryX(m): 9:34pm On Jul 15, 2013
I changed my stance because of those insultive comments from the ladies, OP tell your guy to let his wife do his bidding or probably take drastic measures if possible to change her stubborn stance ! Kapish--- Nigerian women are very quick to insult their brains everytime
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Daclimax(m): 9:36pm On Jul 15, 2013
Hmm....
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 15, 2013
MostHigh: Is he not her Lord?

Is he not her glory?

Then why should she refuse him its not as if he is asking her to commit a crime.

Most women want a covering in a husband but then again they sometimes resist his authority over them.

What a steaming pile of hot shiit, does this place look like Sunday school to you?

4 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 15, 2013

Is he not her glory?

shocked shocked shocked shocked

WOW, The evils of Religion.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by queencalipso(f): 9:38pm On Jul 15, 2013
wht sort of lord, is she his slave or wife?
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Harjeebohlar(m): 9:40pm On Jul 15, 2013
gedtalks: Everyman is different shar . If i were the guy I would concentrate on changing other more important thing like the few or many ills in her character. Rather than wasting my time on trouser wahala. Does the cloth change the individual

On a second thought....if it is just for the sake of our families religious stance, well I will talk to her about it, but i will be concious of the fact that trouser issue is too insignificant to cause a misunderstanding between us
gedtalks: Everyman is different shar . If i were the guy I would concentrate on changing other more important thing like the few or many ills in her character. Rather than wasting my time on trouser wahala. Does the cloth change the individual

On a second thought....if it is just for the sake of our families religious stance, well I will talk to her about it, but i will be concious of the fact that trouser issue is too insignificant to cause a misunderstanding between us
[quote author=gedtalks]Everyman is different shar . If i were the guy I would concentrate on changing other more important thing like the few or many ills in her character. Rather than wasting my time on trouser wahala. Does the cloth change the individual

On a second thought....if it is just for the sake of our families religious stance, well I will talk to her about it, but i will be concious of the fact that trouser issue is too insignificant to cause a misunderstanding between us[shey she be man,trousers are meant 4 men]
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 15, 2013

Is he not her glory?

lmaoooo
its people like u who will get out of Nigeria and will start running after left over women in other countries.
lord my foot
when did God make u his prophet or a lesser god?
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by MostHigh: 9:40pm On Jul 15, 2013
jnr prof: I find it rather distasteful when men try to 'change' their wives after marriage. As long as he knew that she was wearing trousers while courting and didn't consider it an issue then, why bring it up now Secondly, doing or not doing things just because of what the family would say is hypocrisy! Let his personal relationship with God create his own conviction and not family opinion

And marriage is work in progress.

Bachelors out there when you decide to marry ensure she is DEPENDABLE and ADAPTABLE TO CHANGE

Kapish.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by PStacks(m): 9:41pm On Jul 15, 2013
You must be a wicked man.. You meet her wearing trousers, you dated her wearing trousers, you courted her wearing trousers, u married her wearing trousers.. After 1 year of marriage your family has problems with her wearing trousers. Or did she start wearing trousers after the marriage ni?

That's the problem always..

Religion..

Religion would finish mankind.
Bet me and mark it somewhere.
You will say one guy on nairaland said it.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 15, 2013
Yes you can. if she loves u , she will stop.

a woman/wife is supposed to dress to please her husband. period , so if u are not comfortable with it, she should drop them.

1 Like

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Harjeebohlar(m): 9:43pm On Jul 15, 2013
[quote author=queencalipso]wht sort of lord, is she his slave or wife?
U be d type whey wear trousers shey? Pussy cats
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by kliq(m): 9:44pm On Jul 15, 2013
Comin a bit late as he ought to have made dat known durin courtship,however he should jus handle dis wit wisdom n endurance
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by filcast(m): 9:44pm On Jul 15, 2013
This is impressive from you guys. Keep 'em coming.Every advice so far is appreciated. Please MOD can you take this out of FP even just for some days. This is for personal reasons.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by MostHigh: 9:46pm On Jul 15, 2013
milehigh06:

lmaoooo
its people like u who will get out of Nigeria and will start running after left over women in other countries.
lord my foot

when did God make u his prophet or a lesser god?

^^^

More like Prophet and that was quite a while back I think 2004 or so he called me out of the heathens and said this day have I begotten thee

Also

You Speak like a true PRESUMTIOUS FOUL mouthed HEATHEN

No offence its just as I perceive you.

LWTMB true
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by dabrake(m): 9:46pm On Jul 15, 2013
Shollypopz:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

WOW, The evils of Religion.
you can say that again
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by alexis(m): 9:46pm On Jul 15, 2013
Acidosis: Will she die if she stops this trouser stuffs? SHE be MAN?

Where did you get the notion that trousers are for men only? The question you should be asking is - is it a deal breaker if she wears trouser? If it is a deal breaker for him and he insist she wears trouser - then he should ask her for a divorce.

When he marries next, he should tell his future wife to be that she MUST not wear trouser.

1 Like

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Hexzy(m): 9:47pm On Jul 15, 2013
That is why I don't take girls that wear trousers serious. cos me. my family and my Aunty are strong deeperlife members.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by swtcharissa(f): 9:48pm On Jul 15, 2013
Not every man is actually interested in women n their trouser issues,I actually was a good trouser wearer(If there is any english like dat)but my hussy was not interested,he cared less n tried so much to work on my character n self exteem of which he won,but gradually I started feeling irritated wearing trousers n got all of them thrown away after praying for grace not to return to dem
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by greatgod2012(f): 9:48pm On Jul 15, 2013
The fact is that, that man should have discussed this issue with his wife when they were still dating, trying to suddenly stop the wife after marriage is like when he deceived the woman into marrying her, knowing fully well that, there is something about her that he didnt like.
Personally, i dont like someone like that.
Maybe, i should use my own as example, i was trained/raised by my mum, who believes that women who wear trousers are ungodly, hence, not used to wearing of it, but when we(hubby and i) were dating he told me he would like me to be wearing trousers, i told him that my mum would bury me alive if i try it, so, he waited till we got married and the first set of wears he bought for me had so many pant trousers, 3/4, shorts(knickers),etc. Initially, i was not comfortable with them, so, he asked me to be wearing it at home, and even then, each time i hear the sound of a knock at our door, i would quickly ran inside to cover the short/trousers with either a skirt or wrapper before coming to open the door for the visitor, but as time goes on, with hubby's encouragement and admiration, i got used to it.

So, @op, tell your friend to adopt that system instead of coarsing/enforcing/commanding, etc the wife as if he was blind when they were dating.
May God help him.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by GooseBaba: 9:49pm On Jul 15, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Yes you can. if she loves u , she will stop.

a woman/wife is supposed to dress to please her husband. period , so if u are not comfortable with it, she should drop them.

Bros.. A whole you talk this kind thing. The guy is not asking his wife not to wear trouser for his sake. He is doing it for religious doctrine and extended family.

You fall my hand..

1 Like

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by MostHigh: 9:50pm On Jul 15, 2013
dabrake:
you can say that again

We speak spirituality and follow no religion.

Only a fool will say there is no God.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by saintneo(m): 9:51pm On Jul 15, 2013
Take her to Paris, it's against the law for a woman to wear trousers there.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by PStacks(m): 9:52pm On Jul 15, 2013

Is he not her glory?

Oh! He is her lord abi..
You marry a girl and want to make her life misrable because u are her lord.. Didn't you know she was putting on trousers in her fathers house B4 u married her..
Most people don't enjoy marriage, they endure it.. People slave all in the name of marriage..
What's the point remaining in a union u aren't happy in? Most people just remain in the union because of what society would say..

I can't be preaching against Religion and still preach against marriage, I'l be seen as too radical in views.. But pls don't make a girls life misrable because u are her lord..

Mr Lord and Master..

When a Guy has numerous girls, he's a Player,
When a lady does dsame she's a bitch or LovePeddler.. Forgetting that sin is sin..
Most men would hav mistresses outside but the wife dares not say hello to her high school male friends.. These are ills and injustice in societies..

Mr lord and master pls take it easy oo, I can only imagine the slavery most women endure in the name of Marriage.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by druid06(m): 9:54pm On Jul 15, 2013
Stupi-d threads always making headlines. I guess that's the summation of we Africans.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by benchilovsky(m): 9:56pm On Jul 15, 2013
The easiest way to get to a girls middle leg is when she puts on skirt...do you want her OGAS AT THE TOP to get there? tongue @op
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by duni04(m): 9:56pm On Jul 15, 2013
Rubbish. This is not the 12th century where u have absolute control ova someone cos she's ur wife. The guy can tell d wife he doesn't like trousers. If she likes she can change to suite him, if she doesn't she should just ignore him, which IMO every reasonable woman shud do. Someone nids to remind some men we're in d 21st century

1 Like

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by alexis(m): 9:56pm On Jul 15, 2013

Is he not her glory?

Nope, he is not her Lord. She is not a slave nor a property. She is his wife and he should treat her with respect. Wearing trouser is not a crime, so he should take a chill pill and relax.

This is not a matter of authority, it is a matter of expectations. If he wants someone or something to always do what he says - He should get a robot and not a wife.

She is a wise woman to ask him why he didn't mention it when they were courting.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by MostHigh: 9:59pm On Jul 15, 2013
P.Stacks:

Oh! He is her lord abi..
You marry a girl and want to make her life misrable because u are her lord.. Didn't you know she was putting on trousers in her fathers house B4 u married her..
Most people don't enjoy marriage, they endure it.. People slave all in the name of marriage..
What's the point remaining in a union u aren't happy in? Most people just remain in the union because of what society would say..

I can't be preaching against Religion and still preach against marriage, I'l be seen as too radical in views.. But pls don't make a girls life misrable because u are her lord..

Mr Lord and Master..

When a Guy has numerous girls, he's a Player,
When a lady does dsame she's a bitch or LovePeddler.. Forgetting that sin is sin..
Most men would hav mistresses outside but the wife dares not say hello to her high school male friends.. These are ills and injustice in societies..

Mr lord and master pls take it easy oo, I can only imagine the slavery most women endure in the name of Marriage.

So being asked to stop wearing trousers by your husband will make a girl miserable as you say?

Ever heard of self sacrifice? this should be practiced in every home by both partners for the sake of the marriage and children

Old woman like you talking like a little spoilt child......

Lost your shiny toy and your all miserable

So what do you expect the children to emulate?

SELFISHNESS

I hope not all women are as shallow AND SELF INVOLVED as you
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by kliq(m): 10:00pm On Jul 15, 2013
Acidosis: Will she die if she stops this trouser stuffs?

SHE be MAN?
lol I tire ooo
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by alexis(m): 10:03pm On Jul 15, 2013
kliq: lol I tire ooo

Will he die if he stopped asking her to stop wearing it?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) / Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises / My Husband And Mother In Law Are Very Close that it makes me uncomfortable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.