Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,455 members, 7,812,395 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers (37982 Views)

How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband / How Do I Stop My Baby From Thumb Sucking? / Prophet Ajanaku's Family Eject Wife From His Property. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by GooseBaba: 11:19pm On Jul 15, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: i don't get your point eh eh last time i checked the dude was free to tell her how he feels about her wearing trousers. no it is up to her to change , which she will do if she really loves him. you people just love to argue and take position for the sake of it. i hope when your wife starts dressing indecently you won't complain. again a wife dresses to please her husband . nothing more nothing less . she doesn't dress to please admirers outside .

Guy calm down... Where in the write up did the op inform us that she just started wearing trousers!? My wife is the one that stopped putting on short shorts or low riders without me asking her to do anything.

But this guy in question is not doing it because he does not like her wearing trousers. He is doing it in respect of religion and extended familiy... Na you dey argue for argue sake... Because you ignored the write up..

1 Like

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 15, 2013
filcast: hello nairalanders,.
I need to advise a friend urgently.He has been married to his wife for about 1 year and recenty requested the wife to stop wearing trouser,except for sport activitiess.His reason is that both their families belong to religious faiths that view a female wearing trouser as immoral.This request however has not gone down well with the wife who has become unhappy and bitter.she faulted the husband for not raising the issue during courtship as she is already used to wearing trousers. Pls advise this young man on how to handle this to save the union some stress.Does my friend have the right to demand this of his wife.
He doesn't have the right to ask her to stop now. Wasn't he aware of 'her trouser wearing status' before he even approached her for courtship Jes like that he wants her to stop. Mstcheew. :-/

1 Like

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by MostHigh: 11:20pm On Jul 15, 2013
prickly: What a steaming pile of hot shiit, does this place look like Sunday school to you?

Theocracy has nothing to do with sunday school

It is real life

But a woman wrapper would not know anything about that

Right?
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by jaydonv: 11:22pm On Jul 15, 2013
Well, without adopting the superciliousness of a compulsive chauvinist, I think the wife should try and put off her own dogged beliefs in yielding to her spouse. On one hand, wearing of trousers by women is considered a norm where as in another it is a thing associated with opprobrious immorality.

By no measure should this frivolous matter result in incendiary disputation between the couple. It is an issue to be resolved amicably while defenestrating any domestic skirmish into complete oblivion.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jul 15, 2013
Acidosis: Will she die if she stops this trouser stuffs?

SHE be MAN?
Shut up joor!

2 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by MostHigh: 11:26pm On Jul 15, 2013
milehigh06:
WHERE DID I CALL A WOMAN LEFT OVER which is leading you call people names.
are making words up where there is none?

Is this not your post below

lmaoooo
its people like u who will get out of Nigeria and will start running after left over women in other countries.
lord my foot
when did God make u his prophet or a lesser god?

Does that refresh your memory

Coward.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Ultimate001: 11:27pm On Jul 15, 2013
Just pray for her,she needs trnsformation by JESUS!
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by MostHigh: 11:28pm On Jul 15, 2013
jaydonv: Well, without adopting the superciliousness of a compulsive chauvinist, I think the wife should try and put off her own dogged beliefs in yielding to her spouse. On one hand, wearing of trousers by women is considered a norm where as in another it is a thing associated with opprobrious immorality.

By no measure should this frivolous matter result in incendiary disputation between the couple. It is an issue to be resolved amicably while defenestrating any domestic skirmish into complete oblivion.

Thanks

Spot on Sire.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by MostHigh: 11:28pm On Jul 15, 2013
Vanneni: Shut up joor!

Look at this potential concubine.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Fhemmmy: 11:29pm On Jul 15, 2013
Ultimate001: Just pray for her,she needs trnsformation by JESUS!

Please explain or i am missing something somewhere . . .

1 Like

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jul 15, 2013
You don't tell your wife to stop wearing trouser after marriage,why didn't he bring up the issue while they courted. If he eventually tells her,she will definately become uncomfortable and it can lead to disagreement or even she hating him for trying tyo control her after marriage. The man should allow sleeping dog lie afterall she wore them before and he didn't complain so he shouldn't even start now.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jul 15, 2013
MostHigh:

Is this not your post below

lmaoooo
its people like u who will get out of Nigeria and will start running after left over women in other countries.
lord my foot
when did God make u his prophet or a lesser god?

Does that refresh your memory

Coward.
are prostitutes not such?

1 Like

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Dubemkelly(m): 11:45pm On Jul 15, 2013
If I were him,God forbid,I would not mind d religion stance of d families, vrybody is responsibl 4 wah he or she likes. I'm d one married not d families, d interest of my wife n I is paramount not wah pipo fink of us. Btw,I seek 2 walk dwn d aisle wt an angel hu is fashionable n wud walk or stroll dwn d street on her bumshorts
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jul 15, 2013
Dude called mosthigh has a screw loose.
I mean the handle is enough evidence.
Who in their right senses equates themselves to God almighty?the Most high being? Abi na most high on weed?
We need a yaba left branch on this nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by MostHigh: 12:04am On Jul 16, 2013
lorretta u: Dude called mosthigh has a screw loose.
I mean the handle is enough evidence.
Who in their right senses equates themselves to God almighty?the Most high being? Abi na most high on weed?
We need a yaba left branch on this nairaland.

Its not as if Loretta u is any better

On the contrary no screw loose here, All faculties are in order

But it seems like you are suffering from shaking of the brain with all this thought projection you are doing

Also never did I equate myself with the most high God but it is you that has done so from the words of your mouth and you shall get your reward.

PRESUMTIOUS individual

Always seeing what is not there

Always Projecting your innermost vile thoughts on other people

2 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by loswhite(m): 12:08am On Jul 16, 2013
Acidosis: Will she die if she stops this trouser stuffs?

SHE be MAN?
will d man die if she continues to wear trouser that she has been wearing b4 they got married?

1 Like

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by ERF: 12:09am On Jul 16, 2013
supaeagles: The man should start wearing skirt to public places grin

(Btw, #justchecking: the year is effing 2013 right??)

This is why i love NL, and why i don't like commenting most times. Its simply because, i most at times comment late and by then it had flodded ap to 3...4...5 pages. But before i comment i must find someone with a view as mine and mind yhu before i comment i see all what i waz thinking plainly written by another person.

My point# @OP Yhur friend should buy new skirts and try wearing them about alongside the woman everywhere. He should make sure the skirt is short, pretty short to show his lap... He should try shaking his yanch about too, to attract attention. I bet yhu, it works like magic. Before a week, the girl might av started wearing gowns about... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by MostHigh: 12:12am On Jul 16, 2013
milehigh06:
are prostitutes not such?

By the words of your mouth you are judged

For all you know your great great grandma on you paternal side could have been a prostitute

And before you go all self righteous remember that even yashua was a friend to prostitutes and sinners

Who are you to judge them as left overs
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 12:24am On Jul 16, 2013
MostHigh:

Its not as if Loretta u is any better

On the contrary no screw loose here, All faculties are in order

But it seems like you are suffering from shaking of the brain with all this thought projection you are doing

Also never did I equate myself with the most high God but it is you that has done so from the words of your mouth and you shall get your reward.

PRESUMTIOUS individual

Always seeing what is not there

Always Projecting your innermost vile thoughts on other people
oh common, dude I'm just messing with you ok?
Now don't cry smiley I'm sorry if that hurt you.but you have to agree that your posts here are hilarious grin . Really.
Anyway You're mistaken I don't have vile thoughts.my head is full of sweet buttermint sugar candy thoughts.
Gudnyt u.I don't know about where you are but It's night here.
I gatta get some sleep. smiley

1 Like

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by armyofone(m): 12:32am On Jul 16, 2013
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 12:48am On Jul 16, 2013
MostHigh:

Look at this potential concubine.
Yours? undecided
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by 2legit2qwt: 1:12am On Jul 16, 2013
Yes you can, but that will most likely be at the expense of your marriage. That's why i advise folks to marry who/what they see now and not necessarily the potential in most cases.

That she wore pants wasn't a surprise to you, she wore them while you were both dating before marriage and i don't get why you feel it's appropriate to change her. If you change that woman, chances are that she's gonna resent you for it and that's pretty much you destroying your marriage with your own hand.

Deal with it and focus on other things to better your marriage. The last thing you wanna deal with is your woman being resentful of you because you wanna turn her into that image you have in your head

Wearing pants or skirts doesn't make a woman good or bad

2 Likes

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by musawisdom(m): 1:35am On Jul 16, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Is wearing trouser bad?
it is bad but may not thru yours religion.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 1:39am On Jul 16, 2013
MostHigh:

^^^

More like Prophet and that was quite a while back I think 2004 or so he called me out of the heathens and said this day have I begotten thee

Also

You Speak like a true PRESUMTIOUS FOUL mouthed HEATHEN

No offence its just as I perceive you.

LWTMB true
r u Obadia777

1 Like

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by CALLMESTAR(f): 1:56am On Jul 16, 2013
I don't think the wife is that religious for her to be wearing trousers when she knows it is against her religion. And as for the man I think he is a hypocrite because at the end he is not all that religious. I advise the man to leave his wife to wearing her trousers and if he knows he cannot, then he should tell his wife to divorce him.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by steveec122(m): 1:58am On Jul 16, 2013
Solution
1. Make her to grow fat
No trouser will fit her
though
she may decide to wear pant alone

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Chrisabig(m): 2:04am On Jul 16, 2013
O WHY WILL I STOP MY LOVELY WIFE FROM THAT, BUT COME TO THINK AMM, WELL SHA WHEN THE TIME TO PEE COME WE GO KNOW HOW FAR. MORE ALOMO PLS
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Chrisabig(m): 2:06am On Jul 16, 2013
Haha oh my Gus
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 2:08am On Jul 16, 2013
Yes tell to start wearing native pant too. Typical Nigerian ignorance
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Nobody: 2:17am On Jul 16, 2013
Larry Sogo: At least, she have a say in ur home, so sit her down and discuss it with her to adjust and not to stop it.
Can't even emerging imagine my self going after a girl without trousers.
Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by 99cent: 3:14am On Jul 16, 2013
foolish guy. When you were courting u didn't realize that she wore trousers?
what part of her advice on your own clothing style have you adopted?

u should have gone and found a deeper life girl when u were courting. it's not too late to divorce and find ur dream wife.

1 Like

Re: Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers by Chrisabig(m): 3:24am On Jul 16, 2013
steveec122: Solution
1. Make her to grow fat
No trouser will fit her
though
she may decide to wear pant alone
If she grow this fat where will she sleep, am sure not on bed, hehe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) / I Need A Wife To Get Married To In 2014 / PATERNITY FRAUD: 30% Of Nigerian Men Are Fathering Children That Aren’t Theirs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.