Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,310 members, 7,839,501 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates (50812 Views)

Soldiers Seek Trial Of Okonjo-Iweala And Dasuki Over Arms Deal / 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries / Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by superior1: 2:21pm On Jul 17, 2013
;P
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 17, 2013
tsmack: I truly fear for this nation!

Despite the amount of time some people spend on the internet, they still spew their ignorance (with pride) all over the place. And these are supposed to be the leaders of tomorrow?

You should at least do yourself the justice of googling up Harvard before embarrassing your family and country on the social media.

In case you don’t know, Harvard is not about money. It is about ability!

You need to prove BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT that you belong to the top strata of achievers - irrespective of your race and age - before you are accepted into the school. Besides, most people use STUDENT LOANS to fund their studies. It is almost automatic.

Harvard is NEVER about money!

Ngozi's children should be celebrated because gaining admission into such a school is an achievement on its own. Why do you think some Companies only employ graduates from Harvard?

Or have you ever heard of an Harvard graduate being “unwillingly” jobless? I don’t think it’s possible!

Invest in your life by spending time reading about value adding stuff. You don’t have to play the internet idiot; leave that to the others.

God bless Nigeria!

I'm glad they all graduated from Harvard, but getting admission into Harvard isn't that hard as you speculate, maybe for arts and humanity majors. As for engineers, MIT, Caltech, etc. are way more competitive.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Longeria(m): 4:13pm On Jul 17, 2013
tellwisdom: That obese woman lavishing our money on her ugly children sad
son of palm wine tapper

5 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by doubleking(m): 5:15pm On Jul 17, 2013
Ngozi is married to a renown surgeon Dr.Iwella.And I daughter of prof nd prof.(Mrs/lolo).those with bad belle shuld go hug transformer

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Flawlessdiva1(f): 5:29pm On Jul 17, 2013
donedy:

I'm glad they all graduated from Harvard, but getting admission into Harvard isn't that hard as you speculate, maybe for arts and humanity majors. As for engineers, MIT, Caltech, etc. are way more competitive.
Chai, you have a typical Nigerian mentality.
It's easier to get into Absu medical school, try unilag or UI and see if you'll enter. Like the person whom you earlier quoted, it's about one's abilities not necessarily money or academic qualities(tho is part). One can be admitted into Harvard and obtain some form of financial Aid. There's nothing like if its education, or Engineering. You have not heard of Harvard business, medical or law school eh.
This comparison you brought up is not necessary. None of them studied Engineering, i'm sure they would have gone to the very best.

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by ChainBlinger: 5:55pm On Jul 17, 2013
Na Satan go baptised the michelin family with hell-fire water. Bunch of thieves!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by pendusky(m): 6:17pm On Jul 17, 2013
why are all these bigtime children wear lenses? just asking
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Inoknowbook: 6:21pm On Jul 17, 2013
Afriface: Some of you say you want inspiring stories, does this pass for one? Lol. OK, so the Minister of Finance Mrs Ngozi Oknonjo Iweala is a graduate of the prestigious Harvard University and so are her four children - Onyinye, Uzodinma, Ikechukwu and Uchechi. (Uzo and Uche pictured above)

Mrs Okonjo-Iweala studied Economics at Harvard, graduating magna cum laude with A.B in 1977.
Her eldest, Onyinye received her Ph.D. in Experimental Pathology from Harvard University in 2008 and graduated Harvard Medical School in 2010. Onyinye is a wife and mother.

Her son, Uzodinma Iweala received his A.B in English and American literature from Harvard and MD from Colombia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. He is the author of the critically acclaimed novel, Beasts of No Nation (2005).

Her other son, Ikechukwu Iweala studied social studies at Harvard and graduated in 2005.

Her last child Uchechi graduated from Harvard in 2009 and majored in Economics
And don't forget that Mrs Okonjo-Iweala's parents also graduated from Harvard.

http://www.tundeola.com/2013/07/ngozi-okonjo-iweala-and-her-four.html

They're very harvardous! grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by kokoye(m): 6:22pm On Jul 17, 2013
tellwisdom: That obese woman lavishing our money on her ugly children sad

Her kids got into Harvard before she started working for Naija govt..just saying.

She was a world bank director..her husband is a surgeon in the U.S....her parents are Harvard grads as well ...attribute that to "your money" as well?

And I'm an ekiti man btw..not igbo tongue

10 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 17, 2013
I never knew Uzo Iweala was her son.

I have a signed copy of Beasts of No Nation

Now I defo have to read the book

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by DICKtator: 6:23pm On Jul 17, 2013
May i say that it doesn't really matter cos they mostly end up working for the likes of Aliko Dangote, Bill Gates and even President Jonathan, an Otuoke graduate!!!!
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by rman: 6:24pm On Jul 17, 2013
Dereformer: Mennnn, I envy this family. This is indeed a noble family. It is not about wealth. It is about determination and focus. I know many wealthier families in Nigeria whose children are vagabonds.

If the Okonjos are moslems their degrees will be in the act of bombing and terrorism. I still remember Abdulmutalab.

I hate Islam with passion.

You are not different from Abdulmutalab, with very little brainwashing, you will gladly bomb muslims.

7 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Btruth: 6:24pm On Jul 17, 2013
...........& will that give her a passage to heaven?

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by somegirl1: 6:26pm On Jul 17, 2013
Flawless~diva:

Chai, you have a typical Nigerian mentality.
It's easier to get into Absu medical school, try unilag or UI and see if you'll enter. Like the person whom you earlier quoted, it's about one's abilities not necessarily money or academic qualities(tho is part). One can be admitted into Harvard and obtain some form of financial Aid. There's nothing like if its education, or Engineering. You have not heard of Harvard business, medical or law school eh.
This comparison you brought up is not necessary. None of them studied Engineering, i'm sure they would have gone to the very best.

where is the applause icon when it's needed?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by greedie1(f): 6:29pm On Jul 17, 2013
DICKtator: May i say that it doesn't really matter cos they mostly end up working for the likes of Aliko Dangote, Bill Gates and even President Jonathan, an Otuoke graduate!!!!
grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
u wicked mehn....

kudos to the iweala family
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by 50calibre(m): 6:31pm On Jul 17, 2013
DICKtator: May i say that it doesn't really matter cos they mostly end up working for the likes of Aliko Dangote, Bill Gates and even President Jonathan, an Otuoke graduate!!!!
grin grin grin grin

Actually, it matters a lot. Just watch out for those guys, they will most likely one day take up a big political position in Nigeria.

With their academic record and mum's connections, I can guarantee you that.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by chatterly: 6:33pm On Jul 17, 2013
Dereformer: Mennnn, I envy this family. This is indeed a noble family. It is not about wealth. It is about determination and focus. I know many wealthier families in Nigeria whose children are vagabonds.
R
If the Okonjos are moslems their degrees will be in the act of bombing and terrorism. I still remember Abdulmutalab.

I hate Islam with passion.
what has Islam got to do with this??.?.?
Nb*i am as Christian as ever but let's be guided in our words

4 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by bolakale30(m): 6:34pm On Jul 17, 2013
gedtalks:

it is by how Is it by unilag undecided undecided
the fact that u mentioned UNILAG of all the 300+ universities in Nigeria says it all.... It's nice being an Akokite. in other news, ASUU abeg don't call this strike off o... na 100 days tins o.
May Sango punish anyone that quotes me simply to insult me, OPINION IS AN A.S.S.HO.LE WE ALL HAVE ONE

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by thriz: 6:34pm On Jul 17, 2013
PLEASE SOMEONE SHOULD TELL ME HOW THIS STORY REDUCES THE PRICE OF GARRI IN THE MARKET

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Alexbond(m): 6:35pm On Jul 17, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Tinyemeka(m): 6:35pm On Jul 17, 2013
tellwisdom:

What are you talking about?? Is it her money?? angry
Your degree of reasoning is astounding.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Nonybb: 6:36pm On Jul 17, 2013
Why are we seeing this? To make us feel bad or to make us feel better? I am not impressed, improve this country first!

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Machini(m): 6:37pm On Jul 17, 2013
pls my fellow nairalanders dont be offended. i am having a heated argument in the office with my colleague on something. how do you write 75,000 in words correctly? do you put hyphen between 'seventy' and 'five'? pls an urgent response will be highly appreciated. thanks
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Nonybb: 6:38pm On Jul 17, 2013
chatterly:
what has Islam got to do with this??.?.?
Nb*i am as Christian as ever but let's be guided in our words
Everybody have the right to HATE islam. It had destroyed so many things in our lives. #BANislam

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by miky(m): 6:38pm On Jul 17, 2013
Danhumprey: A family of Harvard-trained graduates.

The power of money!

Actually money can't get you into Harvard only brains, and even if u get in by luck it's very easy to fall off..

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by NosaHenry(m): 6:39pm On Jul 17, 2013
The only difference between Uniben and Harvard is just the fees. harvard is just America hype and nothing more.

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by aaidel(m): 6:39pm On Jul 17, 2013
guy go rest jor yes some people get into haravard based on ability but many others get in because they come from very wealthy families that have given millions in endowments to these universities so maybe you should take your own advice further and actually go through more than one google answer before making up your mind

tsmack: I truly fear for this nation!

Despite the amount of time some people spend on the internet, they still spew their ignorance (with pride) all over the place. And these are supposed to be the leaders of tomorrow?

You should at least do yourself the justice of googling up Harvard before embarrassing your family and country on the social media.

In case you don’t know, Harvard is not about money. It is about ability!

You need to prove BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT that you belong to the top strata of achievers - irrespective of your race and age - before you are accepted into the school. Besides, most people use STUDENT LOANS to fund their studies. It is almost automatic.

Harvard is NEVER about money!

Ngozi's children should be celebrated because gaining admission into such a school is an achievement on its own. Why do you think some Companies only employ graduates from Harvard?

Or have you ever heard of an Harvard graduate being “unwillingly” jobless? I don’t think it’s possible!

Invest in your life by spending time reading about value adding stuff. You don’t have to play the internet idiot; leave that to the others.

God bless Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Nonybb: 6:39pm On Jul 17, 2013
Machini: pls my fellow nairalanders dont be offended. i am having a heated argument in the office with my colleague on something. how do you write 75,000 in words correctly? do you put hyphen between 'seventy' and 'five'? pls an urgent response will be highly appreciated. thanks
seventy-Five thousand=75,000
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by kwajahafiz(m): 6:41pm On Jul 17, 2013
Good for her.....
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by hayourmide(m): 6:41pm On Jul 17, 2013
hi frds, please let mind what we say or post. if dis woman didn't come 2 Nigeria at all she has d money 2 send her children 2 d university. she has her money b4 she came 2 Nigeria as a minister of finance, i totally disagree with u guyz dat said she uses Nigeria money on her ugly children, no her children ar nt ugly is d same God dt created u nd i dt creat dem as well. if u nd i av d same opportunity 2 b under such parent dey will use any money 2 send us abroad 2 study as well or will tell ur parent u ar nt going? u wil b one forcing ur parent 2 send u abroad. let mind our business nd pray 2 God 2 open a doors of opportunities 4 us as well nd we shld work hard.
gud day! grin

4 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Machini(m): 6:41pm On Jul 17, 2013
Nonybb: seventy-Five thousand=75,000

Right? thanks a lot!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by IGBOSON1: 6:43pm On Jul 17, 2013
chidyhels: Good for them.
But the boys are fugly sha lipsrsealed

^^^Well you're free to marry a pretty-boy airhead, and spend the rest of your lives admiring his pretty looks in the mirror!......and of course beauty doesn't fade, but lasts a lifetime; while brilliance and intelligence are overated qualities!

@Post: the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, so no surprises on their success.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari & Tinubu: Outgoing President Leading The Way For The Incoming President / Alleged AIT Ban: The True Story From An AIT Staff, Lara Wise / Man Alleges Police Brutality At Sango Police Station, Ibadan (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.