Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,124 members, 7,838,857 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates (50807 Views)

Soldiers Seek Trial Of Okonjo-Iweala And Dasuki Over Arms Deal / 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries / Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 18, 2013
igbo boy:

u are mad..he is a sane terrorist. which one be he is a product of neglect?
osama was neglected?al zawahiri was neglected?

Terrorism in not unique to islam but you guys should stop telling us nonsense explanations such as he was neglected, it is poverty, it is illiteracy etc...geez, i sabi neglected poor illiterates who have no thought of blowing people up....

Your entire generation dey mad,thunder pluck out your eyes. I insist he is a product of neglect. Look, u Christian fanatics need to start seeing the world from a different view. What has been a young educated Muslim got to do with terrorism? U getting it ll wrong,it's too early to start typing long words but I insist Mutalab was a clear case of neglect.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Dereformer(m): 9:23am On Jul 18, 2013
I tender my apology to all moslems for the generalization in my earlier post( which has been quoted by many) on this thread.

The truth is, while typing my response on the topic, I heard the news that a suicide bomber succeeded in killing himself and about 20 others in iran.

So out of annoyance from the sad news, my response drifted from topic. My apologies once again.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Moralistli(m): 9:28am On Jul 18, 2013
I truly fear for this nation!

Despite the amount of time some people spend on the internet, they still spew their ignorance (with pride) all over the place. And these are supposed to be the leaders of tomorrow?

You should at least do yourself the justice of googling up Harvard before embarrassing your family and country on the social media.

In case you don’t know, Harvard is not about money. It is about ability!

You need to prove BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT that you belong to the top strata of achievers - irrespective of your race and age - before you are accepted into the school. Besides, most people use STUDENT LOANS to fund their studies. It is almost automatic.

Harvard is NEVER about money!

Ngozi's children should be celebrated because gaining admission into such a school is an achievement on its own. Why do you think some Companies only employ graduates from Harvard?

Or have you ever heard of an Harvard graduate being “unwillingly” jobless? I don’t think it’s possible!

Invest in your life by spending time reading about value adding stuff. You don’t have to play the internet ; leave that to the others.

God bless Nigeria!

Please tell them bro...
They are all ranting 'our money, our money',,,,,i wonder what money they are talking about. This lady is having a doctorate degree and her hubby is a prof, both based in U.S before your OBJ govt contracted her to come help in revamping your ailing economy... This is one family with foresight, instead of these myopic fellows to learn one or two things from them and their success, here they are spewing garbage. How many family in Nigeria can boast of this feat?
Talk is cheap! Pathetic!!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by tutaboi(m): 9:29am On Jul 18, 2013
if ur mama dey for heaven ...wetin go make you go to hell?

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by rezzy: 9:29am On Jul 18, 2013
maskid:

the stridency of your cluelessness has reached the heights of impiety!!!

I love nairaland. Na here i dey learn new new grammar

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by mallmum: 9:40am On Jul 18, 2013
we achieve in proportion to what we attempt. the
reason why people are POOR is they Pass Over
Oppportunities Repeatedly..THE RE is a platform I
BELONG to for over a year. they help me to LEARN
more in order to EARN more, they have provided
me SOURCE OF MULTIPLE StREAMS OF
INCOME.. do not ignore this... OPPORTUNITIES
SOMETIMES COME IN WAYS WE DON'T
UNDERSTAND.
you can check m c d a v ei. n v e s t. c o m
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by dopesidez: 10:05am On Jul 18, 2013
gedtalks:

these are the kind of people that don't know what is happening in their country, they just open their mouths and talk like fools. You dont even qualify to be the househelp in that family
lmao
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Dubemkelly(m): 10:27am On Jul 18, 2013
chidyhels: Good for them.
But the boys are fugly sha lipsrsealed
So n if by chance one of dem gets intrst on u nd asks u out, trust u gonna yield 2 him?
@Op d woman worked 4 her money n she's doing her best,money has alwaz run in her family n she's lucky 2 be in such family. The lesson of d story is hardwork produces rzlt jux kip pushing it
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by RQB1(m): 10:33am On Jul 18, 2013
Dereformer: Mennnn, I envy this family. This is indeed a noble family. It is not about wealth. It is about determination and focus. I know many wealthier families in Nigeria whose children are vagabonds.

If the Okonjos are moslems their degrees will be in the act of bombing and terrorism. I still remember Abdulmutalab.

I hate Islam with passion.

Why not keep the hatred in your rotten mind rather than express such myopic view of Islam on here ? May God forgive you.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by DANGOTEONE: 10:35am On Jul 18, 2013
Nothing extraordinary as most Nigerians will do better if given the same opportunity. Peace!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by roxell120(m): 10:46am On Jul 18, 2013
Meritbaba: So all Muslims are bombers and all Christians are saints?You need to get out of that hole you are or maybe you are just a Secondary School student
everyone has every reason to hate islam. look at every nation its found. killings, bombings, no right for women, etc.look at my country too.they bite without regret. whatever makes it this violent wherever its found is serious and must be traced to their teaching. my neighbor who smokes indian hem and robs told me he was fasting yday.how? and he meant it.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Martinspatrick: 11:27am On Jul 18, 2013
I wish i have dis kind of opportunity
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Carsonv(m): 12:29pm On Jul 18, 2013
SHUT UP YOUR DIRTY MIND AND THAT LEPROSY-RIDDEN FINGERS OF YOURS USED TO TYPED THIS TRASH. DO YOU EVEN TRY TO MAKE RESEARCH ON PEOPLE BEFORE YOU SPILL YOUR TOMATO-PASTE BRAIN HERE? THE NAME IWEALA SPELLS "OLD MONEY" FOR YOUR INFORMATION. I BET HER FATHER WHO ALSO STUDIED IN HAVARD USED YOUR MONEY TOO (FOR YOUR MIND YOU GET MONEY...MCHEWWW!). YOU BETTER THROW AWAY THAT YOUR SYMBIAN PHONE AND GET USEFUL WITH YOUR LIFE BEFORE YOUR CHILDREN END UP LIKE YOU...A LOAFER LOOKING FOR WHO DRAG DOWN HIS PATHETIC LEVEL OF HUMAN STUPIDITY!
tellwisdom: That obese woman lavishing our money on her ugly children sad
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Nsonaso(m): 1:22pm On Jul 18, 2013
Freewilly: Very impressive, and some fools that barely graduated High School just because Internet access is pretty easy these days would come here and talk trash about this woman and her family. Oh well I blame technology.
You're very stupid to say so, tell me why wouldn't you blame technology? For giving you the opportunity to say trash on forum, when people are making sense Animal.. ASUP went on strike for 81 days before the government intervene, now ASUU is on strike, what happen? Idiot answer me.
Is it not because the son's, daughters nd family members of our selfish leaders are in abroad studying? Fool
Have you take time to check the currency exchange rate? What is the value of our GREAT NAIRA to US dollars, pounds, euro even Ghana cedi? Is it not because of our leaders travelling, sending their children abroad instead of investing in our school here in Nigeria. Idiot of your time, if you don't know what to say, lie down, nd if you are already lying down then sleep, but if you are already sleeping then snore heavily so that when you wake, you know it's what bad governance has caused you. Worthless fool
Don't let people to use the name of Nigeria to cause you because it will affect you very bad... Ojo a tee
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Nsonaso(m): 1:34pm On Jul 18, 2013
NeoTesla: Very impressive. It takes brains and diligence to get into Harvard and survive there. Kudos to the parents who taught all four kids the value of hard work.
Whatever, billions of Nigerians can survive there even better just that they don't have the opportunity...
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Nsonaso(m): 1:47pm On Jul 18, 2013
NeoTesla: Very impressive. It takes brains and diligence to get into Harvard and survive there. Kudos to the parents who taught all four kids the value of hard work.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 18, 2013
join forces with the kings...(JFK).
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by miccodb(m): 3:50pm On Jul 18, 2013
chidindufrank: Good for them. But nobe by harvard o
mallam jonzer. NA BY HARVARD!!!!
i prefer pass for harvard than 1st class for unilag
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by jpphilips(m): 3:51pm On Jul 18, 2013
maskid:

Right now I'm sitting here looking at you trying to see things from your point of view but I can't get my head that far up my a*s

ofcourse dats because of the curvature of your spine, if it could spiral beyond the coccyx of an ave. Homo erectus, invariably you are an ape.
No offense, just assessed your Anatomy.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by jpphilips(m): 3:54pm On Jul 18, 2013
maskid:

tribal beef!!

excuse me!!!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Ifebazz(m): 3:58pm On Jul 18, 2013
ozolity: No its ur money idiot. Her pay at World Bank was much higher dan what she earns now.
Her pay can be more than she earns 'basically' not + allowances. Even world bank president won't make what she makes on a weekly basis now. Why do you think thes dumb fools never want to leave offices? Kudos to her & hers. But its not inspiring rather depressing that Nigeria can't boast of a school people abroad will have their four kids school like she did.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by mamagee3(f): 4:03pm On Jul 18, 2013
Good for them
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by lastmessenger: 4:26pm On Jul 18, 2013
Madam Ngozi.abeg adopt me as your last child. am just 27yrs.i want to school 4 harvard
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by jpphilips(m): 4:34pm On Jul 18, 2013
DANGOTEONE: Nothing extraordinary as most Nigerians will do better if given the same opportunity. Peace!

dont mind these myopic plummels, her father is a king as such they are royals, how many Nigerians have that opportunity?

Talking about havard, with her fat degree and container loads of CV's in two administrations, the chasm between the upper and lower class widened, is that an achievement behooving a havard product?

What has she done in our economy that will make the middle class to send their kids to havard same opportunity she got?

Bigotry and petit mediocrity will send this country to its grave.

At the same time she was havardizing and extorting the obj administration via debt relief, prof chukwuma soludo, our own 'lion' class of 84', from our backyard UNN struck a chord that brought the middle class back to life.
Where was her havard when soludo's UNN certificate was stimulating the Nigerian economy?

How many Nigerians benefitted from her debt relief policy and how?
Of course her brother swindled obj of 15 percect of 16billion usd, reason obj threw her out.
Who is fooling who? Only Nigerians will be impressed with a mediocre and over praised iweala.

Where was her havard kleenex when soludo was creating jobs and stimulating the stock market?

The redenomination our UNN soludo suggested to our brain dead senators years back is the monetry fibre the ghananians are thriving on.

The naira has been so weak since she assumed office and nothing is done abt it, yet the same people at the recieving end of the agony are the ones eulogizing her failure, re we cursed?

Today, iweala with her havard sand paper, mis calculated and removed subsidy, at the time, her havard pampers was telling her its gonna be a single digit inflation, into the second quarter same year, world bank brought to her notice a 2 digit inflation and she still hasnt buried her face in shame.

Most Nigerians are foooools, havard my ccuunntt.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by mlane: 5:14pm On Jul 18, 2013
No doubt, you are confused and frustrated.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by chinedum45(m): 5:26pm On Jul 18, 2013
tellwisdom: That obese woman lavishing our money on her ugly children sad

u r such a dumb!
which of ur money? Her parents and herself passed from Harvard...remember she is from aroyal and rich family? So which of ur money I ask again?
learn to appreciate goodness so it can reach u
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by okoiyawo1: 5:40pm On Jul 18, 2013
Yea,My family members also graduated from the prestigius university, MAU, sorry, great Unilag cheesy
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by remarkD(m): 5:52pm On Jul 18, 2013
are you for sure? an endowment from the father of a not-very-smart fellow can get in?
from what I've seen, endowments of cash means they'll name something (a faculty, building, theatre, etc) after you or the person given the cash... which is more prestige for the endower as his image or name will be out there.... as opposed to a son or daughter that he knows will flunk out or cant meet the minimum admission requirement.

I really do not think even alumni parents can get their kids in without the brain.... its a Nigerian mentality to think its all about money.
if preference is given, it still has to be within given parameters.

e.g. you interview two peeps for a job, and both are equally qualified, for whatever reason, race, acquaintaince etc... you might have a preference for one over the other... kapish?
aaidel: guy go rest jor yes some people get into haravard based on ability but many others get in because they come from very wealthy families that have given millions in endowments to these universities so maybe you should take your own advice further and actually go through more than one google answer before making up your mind

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by remarkD(m): 6:22pm On Jul 18, 2013
You and the other chap mentioning Bush being a C-averaged student are actually not making any point in the context of the argument you are trying to make... this question might line things up for you wella to see...
Was George F. Bush a C student before/when he got accepted to Harvard?

Kapish? lol
birdman:

Umm no, its mostly about money. A few get in because of ability and special circumstances, but Yale, Harvard etc are where the elite send their kids. Do I need to remind you of an affable chap that "C"ed his way through Yale and still became president? The whole family going to Harvard is an achievement but that is none of my business. How does this give Iweala the right to plunge us back into debt? Even the bible says the lender will always be the master of the borrower.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 18, 2013
kokoye:

Her kids got into Harvard before she started working for Naija govt..just saying.

She was a world bank director..her husband is a surgeon in the U.S....her parents are Harvard grads as well ...attribute that to "your money" as well?

And I'm an ekiti man btw..not igbo tongue

While I agree with your points, it struck me that it has become risky on this politics board to state an objective opinion without , first, a consideration of the ethnicity of the commentator. What a shame.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by igboboy1(m): 7:41pm On Jul 18, 2013
sanniemoe:

Your entire generation dey mad,thunder pluck out your eyes. I insist he is a product of neglect. Look, u Christian fanatics need to start seeing the world from a different view. What has been a young educated Muslim got to do with terrorism? U getting it ll wrong,it's too early to start typing long words but I insist Mutalab was a clear case of neglect.

Another daft terrorist...
typical mohammedist will be like "Oh he is not muslim so he is christian".. daft boy...I keep it african with my religion so keep me out of your bigoted hatred for Christians.

EDUCATION? chineke me', you didnt just say that? Mutallab trained to be an engineer, al zawahri na doctor, we have muslim psychiatrist in the U.S army who committed terrorism....Daft mohammedist like you, education, nor poverty has nothing to do with terrorism ok....sink that into your thick mohammedist brain.

call a spade a spade....daft boy
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by ArafatOlamide(f): 9:34pm On Jul 18, 2013
Dereformer: Mennnn, I envy this family. This is indeed a noble family. It is not about wealth. It is about determination and focus. I know many wealthier families in Nigeria whose children are vagabonds.

If the Okonjos are moslems their degrees will be in the act of bombing and terrorism. I still remember Abdulmutalab.

I hate Islam with passion.
should we start crying bcoz u hate Islam?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldier Cries As He Mourns His Fellow Soldier After Being Shot 5 Times / Pictures As Tinubu Attends Shettima's Daughter's Wedding Ceremony / Amaechi “I Leaked Sanusi’s Letter To Jonathan”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.