Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,086 members, 7,838,732 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates (50804 Views)

Soldiers Seek Trial Of Okonjo-Iweala And Dasuki Over Arms Deal / 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries / Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by ozoemeka(m): 2:47am On Jul 18, 2013
You copied this from Lindaikeji why not give her credit

Afriface: Some of you say you want inspiring stories, does this pass for one? Lol. OK, so the Minister of Finance Mrs Ngozi Oknonjo Iweala is a graduate of the prestigious Harvard University and so are her four children - Onyinye, Uzodinma, Ikechukwu and Uchechi. (Uzo and Uche pictured above)

Mrs Okonjo-Iweala studied Economics at Harvard, graduating magna cum laude with A.B in 1977.
Her eldest, Onyinye received her Ph.D. in Experimental Pathology from Harvard University in 2008 and graduated Harvard Medical School in 2010. Onyinye is a wife and mother.

Her son, Uzodinma Iweala received his A.B in English and American literature from Harvard and MD from Colombia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. He is the author of the critically acclaimed novel, Beasts of No Nation (2005).

Her other son, Ikechukwu Iweala studied social studies at Harvard and graduated in 2005.

Her last child Uchechi graduated from Harvard in 2009 and majored in Economics
And don't forget that Mrs Okonjo-Iweala's parents also graduated from Harvard.

http://www.tundeola.com/2013/07/ngozi-okonjo-iweala-and-her-four.html
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by docxdee(m): 2:53am On Jul 18, 2013
Lmao cheesy
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by PAPAAFRICA: 2:54am On Jul 18, 2013
Nigerians are some smart fuckers.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by chukajdpc: 3:01am On Jul 18, 2013
@tellwisdom. Na jealousy go swallow you. Bad belly! people like you no dey succeed in life. Okonjo children wey graduate long ago even before the Hon. Minister enter govt. Abi u never hear say their grand parents na Harvard graduates? abi u think say their papa no gather dough? stay there, no go find wetin u go do to help yourself from your 'sorry' state.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Herbarium: 3:49am On Jul 18, 2013
Dereformer: Mennnn, I envy this family. This is indeed a noble family. It is not about wealth. It is about determination and focus. I know many wealthier families in Nigeria whose children are vagabonds.

If the Okonjos are moslems their degrees will be in the act of bombing and terrorism. I still remember Abdulmutalab.

I hate Islam with passion.
Only a fool like you hates on Islam.I pity your s.tupid way of life.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by birdman(m): 5:06am On Jul 18, 2013
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by hoc2(m): 6:11am On Jul 18, 2013
Don famous: me sef support you more than a million time. I detest them from the deepest part of my heart. I wish they ban all their messages, cos they are annoyin and blaspeming. They abuse everybody witout regards.
pls count ur surporters and see ur life inside water, biggest fool, hw many broda in christ surport u pls tink before u do anytin in ur life.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by murorun1(m): 6:39am On Jul 18, 2013
ozolity: No its ur money idiot. Her pay at World Bank was much higher dan what she earns now.

i dont want to knw where or wc source she got d moni frm whether legimate or not. All i knw is dat if any1 was in her shoes, they will nt do anythin less infact u will even want to send ur maid to harvard.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Flawlessdiva1(f): 6:48am On Jul 18, 2013
DICKtator: May i say that it doesn't really matter cos they mostly end up working for the likes of Aliko Dangote, Bill Gates and even President Jonathan, an Otuoke graduate!!!!
grin grin grin grin
Do you work for yourself? What have you contributed to Nigeria?
The way you address other people, that's exactly the way you'll be addressed.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Flawlessdiva1(f): 6:55am On Jul 18, 2013
ShyM-X:
Impressive!!

However, I just can't get my head around the number of people viewing this thread, Nigerians and you lot's innate over-gratification of paper qualifications.

Their mum graduated magna cum laude from the same Harvard and held an impressive portfolio at World Bank, but she has been a failure of epic proportions at transferring all that over-bloated CV into real life situations, despite being in-charge of the country's finances for more than 10 years combined now. I just hope they're different from their mum.

It's high time you lot started gratifying shakers and problem solvers, and not just having low self-esteem about paper qualifications. undecided undecided
Yea, you have a point, are you a shaker
or problem solver? Let's gratify you!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Flawlessdiva1(f): 6:57am On Jul 18, 2013
Harvard-Grad:

You really do not know what you are talking about. Harvard Business School is the most competitive of all Harvard Schools.
Since you neglected their medical school, you don't know what you are talking about too.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by abujalapdog(m): 7:01am On Jul 18, 2013
DICKtator: May i say that it doesn't really matter cos they mostly end up working for the likes of Aliko Dangote, Bill Gates and even President Jonathan, an Otuoke graduate!!!!
grin grin grin grin

Word of consolation! eyah its a pitty.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Flawlessdiva1(f): 7:01am On Jul 18, 2013
orgasticdance:
Yes it takes ability to make it into harvard. But this shouldn't be story worthy from a public servant. . You won't see anyone celebrating David Camerons children going to harvard because great britian has equally capable schools in oxford and cambridge. You won't see anyone celebrating the obama kids going to oxford or cambridge when you have the worlds best schools in the US, or as a US leader you are expected to evoke that sentiment. Ngozi Okonji Iweala, as with so many Nigerian leaders who pay lip service to change, are all hypocrites in my opinion.
True.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by stanlilee: 7:08am On Jul 18, 2013
Govt Money
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Flawlessdiva1(f): 7:09am On Jul 18, 2013
stanlilee: Govt Money
Get real and grow up too. Jesus loves you.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by PetDancer(f): 7:21am On Jul 18, 2013
I no know book:

They're very harvardous! grin grin grin grin
chai nairaland no go kill me.lwkmd
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by jpphilips(m): 7:36am On Jul 18, 2013
NeoTesla: Very impressive. It takes brains and diligence to get into Harvard and survive there. Kudos to the parents who taught all four kids the value of hard work.

brains to study social studies and American literature? You guys need help, rightly put, Ngozi could afford it hence her kids being there, wots the fuss?

The real brains that can pass through havard with distinction cannot afford it, thanks to havard Ngozi's econo mic policies.

my mechanic did not see the four walls of a school, not even elementary school yet he can replace one gear box for another, all he did was sit in the workshop with mechanical engineers for years and voila! He is good to go.

now that the iwealas have harvardaised their destiny, does it guarantee a better economy for Nigerians?

Do you seriously think iweala is doing great for us with our level of poverty, unemployment and other social vices? For a harvard trained bizzaga who is saddled with the responsibility of piloting our affairs?

Brother, i prefer a buhari who passed through our local millitary academy but understood the need to keep inflation below 5% while sending IMF and world bank packing.

OR

our infamous sani abacha who studied at the obscure school of assasins but understood the need to keep inflation below 8%.

You guys enjoy being fooled.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by jpphilips(m): 7:45am On Jul 18, 2013
tsmack: I truly fear for this nation!

Despite the amount of time some people spend on the internet, they still spew their ignorance (with pride) all over the place. And these are supposed to be the leaders of tomorrow?

You should at least do yourself the justice of googling up Harvard before embarrassing your family and country on the social media.

In case you don’t know, Harvard is not about money. It is about ability!

You need to prove BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT that you belong to the top strata of achievers - irrespective of your race and age - before you are accepted into the school. Besides, most people use STUDENT LOANS to fund their studies. It is almost automatic.

Harvard is NEVER about money!

Ngozi's children should be celebrated because gaining admission into such a school is an achievement on its own. Why do you think some Companies only employ graduates from Harvard?

Or have you ever heard of an Harvard graduate being “unwillingly” jobless? I don’t think it’s possible!

Invest in your life by spending time reading about value adding stuff. You don’t have to play the internet idiot; leave that to the others.

God bless Nigeria!

shut up young man, who will give you a student loan to study in havard when you just arrived with a student visa as a Nigerian immigrant?

Who will guarantee that loan?
Immigrants pay cash at havard nothing more, talking about brains,

you make me laugh, the real brains in Nigeria are the freaking nobody's. You may be suprised that your driver may turn out to be smarter than you.

Havard for a Nigerian in Nigeria is about the money first before anything.

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 18, 2013
Damn! Mehn, those children are pretty ugly wit Godforsakeness upon all d nation stolen currencies. Indeed, money cant buy beauty. I fine pass dem 101X
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by jpphilips(m): 7:47am On Jul 18, 2013
donedy:

I'm glad they all graduated from Harvard, but getting admission into Harvard isn't that hard as you speculate, maybe for arts and humanity majors. As for engineers, MIT, Caltech, etc. are way more competitive.

dont mind him, he thinks that life is a video game.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by jpphilips(m): 7:50am On Jul 18, 2013
Flawless~diva:

Chai, you have a typical Nigerian mentality.
It's easier to get into Absu medical school, try unilag or UI and see if you'll enter. Like the person whom you earlier quoted, it's about one's abilities not necessarily money or academic qualities(tho is part). One can be admitted into Harvard and obtain some form of financial Aid. There's nothing like if its education, or Engineering. You have not heard of Harvard business, medical or law school eh.
This comparison you brought up is not necessary. None of them studied Engineering, i'm sure they would have gone to the very best.

how much does it cost to get an engineering degree from havard and what financial aid is available for a Nigerian Immigrant?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by jpphilips(m): 8:01am On Jul 18, 2013
erico2k2:
Nah by harvard oh, the people who have the says in world economics and Acts come from that school

and ever since, its been from one economic melt down to the other, starting from the asian financial crisis of 1997 till date.
Nonsense
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by amawori(f): 8:02am On Jul 18, 2013
God plz bless me and my family like dis biko
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by jpphilips(m): 8:05am On Jul 18, 2013
ShyM-X:
Impressive!!

However, I just can't get my head around the number of people viewing this thread, Nigerians and you lot's innate over-gratification of paper qualifications.

Their mum graduated magna cum laude from the same Harvard and held an impressive portfolio at World Bank, but she has been a failure of epic proportions at transferring all that over-bloated CV into real life situations, despite being in-charge of the country's finances for more than 10 years combined now. I just hope they're different from their mum.

It's high time you lot started gratifying shakers and problem solvers, and not just having low self-esteem about paper qualifications. undecided undecided

oh! Preach, Nigerians are so freaking blind, go to big companies and see SSCE men that are retained for their experience and problem solving abilities and here we are eulogizing a fat CV with zero service record.

ngozi is a failure havard or not.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by jpphilips(m): 8:13am On Jul 18, 2013
Chris-OD:

Her children are no longer schooling and besides when did she join your system? She spent most of her time abroad. She is not Nigeria's problem. Go talk to Tinubu and Obasanjo, Buhari and IBB, Abacha and others who destroyed your system

and she learnt nothing in havard that could fix Nigeria marooned by ordinary IBB who didnt go to havard abi?

Yet she sits fat collecting over 2m naira monthly in salary and allowances without the magic wand to fix the economy abi?

So much for havard.

Before i will send any of my kids to havard, he or she must sign an undertaking that he or she will not end up like iweala.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by richardohiemi: 8:26am On Jul 18, 2013
DJDOLA: so because u hate islam I should stop fasting abi..by d way who are u?because etisalat has gave u 10 megabyte free ...u are here typing rubbish..mtchewww arinde omo oni ranu
hian etisalat has "gave u" na the hunger dey make u shell out bullet like this abeg calm down o
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by rajazzmine(f): 8:46am On Jul 18, 2013
Dereformer: Mennnn, I envy this family. This is indeed a noble family. It is not about wealth. It is about determination and focus. I know many wealthier families in Nigeria whose children are vagabonds.

If the Okonjos are moslems their degrees will be in the act of bombing and terrorism. I still remember Abdulmutalab.

Wu b dis?? so all muslims r nw terrorists? Wht hs d topic gat to du wt dis ur lack of knowledge? IGNORAMUS!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by maskid(m): 8:52am On Jul 18, 2013
tellwisdom: That obese woman lavishing our money on her ugly children sad

the stridency of your cluelessness has reached the heights of impiety!!!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by maskid(m): 8:59am On Jul 18, 2013
jp philips:

and she learnt nothing in havard that could fix Nigeria marooned by ordinary IBB who didnt go to havard abi?

Yet she sits fat collecting over 2m naira monthly in salary and allowances without the magic wand to fix the economy abi?

So much for havard.

Before i will send any of my kids to havard, he or she must sign an undertaking that he or she will not end up like iweala.

Right now I'm sitting here looking at you trying to see things from your point of view but I can't get my head that far up my a*s

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Flawlessdiva1(f): 9:02am On Jul 18, 2013
jp philips:

how much does it cost to get an engineering degree from havard and what financial aid is available for a Nigerian Immigrant?
With good GRE scores, you're considered for a scholarship together with your application in some schools. You can get assistantship(GÅ or RA) or fellowship which invariably means partial tuition or full tuition waiver. Why do you consider FA ås only student loans. C'mon they give scholarship to International students too. Why are you neglecting it?.
If it were that cheap, you won't have studied here if you actually did.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by kabshina(m): 9:04am On Jul 18, 2013
Dereformer: Mennnn, I envy this
family. This is indeed a noble
family. It is not about wealth. It
is about determination and
focus. I know many wealthier
families in Nigeria whose
children are vagabonds.
If the Okonjos are moslems their
degrees will be in the act of
bombing and terrorism. I still
remember Abdulmutalab.

U that post this comment, that is how God will hate, very stupid being.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by maskid(m): 9:07am On Jul 18, 2013
jp philips:

So much for havard.

tribal beef!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Crowd Throw Away Campaign Materials During APC Campaign Flag-Off In Jos / Kano State Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2016 - Photos / Fresh $319m Abacha Loot In Uk, France - US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.