Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates (50802 Views)

Soldiers Seek Trial Of Okonjo-Iweala And Dasuki Over Arms Deal / 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries / Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Joemint(m): 7:20pm On Jul 17, 2013
Anybody who posted dis article is a liar and he is misleading d populace. This is purely misleading i say again.
Okonjo Iweala neva said nigeria is running short of finance, she only stated that if the budget is passed late due to ammendments, it wil be difficult to pay people.
Any1 who wrote dis article lacks the right info.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by danny301: 7:21pm On Jul 17, 2013
ozolity: No its ur money idiot. Her pay at World Bank was much higher dan what she earns now.

Liar
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Forwetinnah: 7:21pm On Jul 17, 2013
Machini: pls my fellow nairalanders dont be offended. i am having a heated argument in the office with my colleague on something. how do you write 75,000 in words correctly? do you put hyphen between 'seventy' and 'five'? pls an urgent response will be highly appreciated. thanks

grin angry cheesy angry..way to break the ice dude..the hyphen dey before you even write the seventy-five embarassed. Chai!! The kind people wey dey nairaland eeeehn
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 17, 2013
Harvard-Grad:

And 'being able to post' on NL is the gold standard for flying the Harvard brand? You will be surprised at the number of faculty that still use all those old school microfilm projectors grin grin

I was just messing with you.

Let me remix that: you made Harvard proud by alluding to things that are synonymous with old/ancient universities. Proud of you, bruv. wink
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Donfamous(m): 7:22pm On Jul 17, 2013
Dereformer: Mennnn, I envy this family. This is indeed a noble family. It is not about wealth. It is about determination and focus. I know many wealthier families in Nigeria whose children are vagabonds.

If the Okonjos are moslems their degrees will be in the act of bombing and terrorism. I still remember Abdulmutalab.

I hate Islam with passion.
me sef support you more than a million time. I detest them from the deepest part of my heart. I wish they ban all their messages, cos they are annoyin and blaspeming. They abuse everybody witout regards.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Decryptor(m): 7:22pm On Jul 17, 2013
tellwisdom:

Are you talking to me?? Dem never slap you before abi??
You and the people liking your pathetic posts are nothing but nin.com.poops!
U will never attain 1/1000000 of Ngozi's accomplishments till you die!! Ezi ofia!!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 17, 2013
tellwisdom:

Are you talking to me?? Dem never slap you before abi??

Internet warrior, slap master, when u see him in real life now the only words coming out of ur mouth will be chairman make ur boy chop something nah.

U are asking if it is her money, can u look at the dates the children graduated. Come to think of it, do u think u just buy admission into harvard.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by coputa(m): 7:24pm On Jul 17, 2013
Can someone tell me what is special in havard university that is not obtainable here in Nigeria...what has the so called havard graduates contributed to the growh of the nigerian economy,just talk talk without facts and accurate figures...aka sanusi and Ngozi....we should not underate our graduates.....we are still one of the best in the world,..the problem is lack of a good template to hold on to,....

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by adepojuot: 7:26pm On Jul 17, 2013
Meritbaba: So all Muslims are bombers and all Christians are saints?You need to get out of that hole you are or maybe you are just a Secondary School student
don't you have access to internet or DSTV??or you don't read a news paper??I don't believe you leave on this planet,may be you are from Mars or moon,because 10 yrs kid can tell you what is going on in the Muslim countries.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by sardauna01: 7:26pm On Jul 17, 2013
Dereformer: Mennnn, I envy this family. This is indeed a noble family. It is not about wealth. It is about determination and focus. I know many wealthier families in Nigeria whose children are vagabonds.

If the Okonjos are moslems their degrees will be in the act of bombing and terrorism. I still remember Abdulmutalab.

I hate Islam with passion.
dereformer, or whatever you call yourself.. First reform yourself, please!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 17, 2013
Joemint: Anybody who posted dis article is a liar and he is misleading d populace. This is purely misleading i say again.
Okonjo Iweala neva said nigeria is running short of finance, she only stated that if the budget is passed late due to ammendments, it wil be difficult to pay people.
Any1 who wrote dis article lacks the right info.
Kia who do you dis tin frm village wicked oh. So na dis artcle ur dey talk eh kwa?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by adepojuot: 7:29pm On Jul 17, 2013
Meritbaba: So all Muslims are bombers and all Christians are saints?You need to get out of that hole you are or maybe you are just a Secondary School student
don't you have access to internet or DSTV??or you don't read a news paper??I don't believe you leave on this planet,may be you are from Mars or moon,because 10 yrs kid can tell you what is going on in the Muslim countries. it is better you repent and accept religion of peace not religion of violent and bombing.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Nomski0(f): 7:31pm On Jul 17, 2013
Mpetempe: And when the lord of host shall crown me President of Nigeria, maybe I will consider making them ministers...
When you become president, just tackle our educational system and power sector........and please dont chop our money.
Thats all we need for now.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by victorazy(m): 7:31pm On Jul 17, 2013
daywatcher: I like it that they all have African names...nice to se from such a powerful woman/family

Yep dats Igbos for u compaired to others tribes.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by AmiableJay(m): 7:32pm On Jul 17, 2013
DJDOLA: so because u hate islam I should stop fasting abi..by d way who are u?because etisalat has gave u 10 megabyte free ...u are here typing rubbish..mtchewww arinde omo oni ranu
Nairaland needs an anti-bomb or bomb-proof software. Bros,shey na the fast cause this?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by orgasticdance: 7:33pm On Jul 17, 2013
tsmack: I truly fear for this nation!

Despite the amount of time some people spend on the internet, they still spew their ignorance (with pride) all over the place. And these are supposed to be the leaders of tomorrow?

You should at least do yourself the justice of googling up Harvard before embarrassing your family and country on the social media.

In case you don’t know, Harvard is not about money. It is about ability!

You need to prove BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT that you belong to the top strata of achievers - irrespective of your race and age - before you are accepted into the school. Besides, most people use STUDENT LOANS to fund their studies. It is almost automatic.

Harvard is NEVER about money!

Ngozi's children should be celebrated because gaining admission into such a school is an achievement on its own. Why do you think some Companies only employ graduates from Harvard?

Or have you ever heard of an Harvard graduate being “unwillingly” jobless? I don’t think it’s possible!

Invest in your life by spending time reading about value adding stuff. You don’t have to play the internet idiot; leave that to the others.

God bless Nigeria!
Yes it takes ability to make it into harvard. But this shouldn't be story worthy from a public servant. . You won't see anyone celebrating David Camerons children going to harvard because great britian has equally capable schools in oxford and cambridge. You won't see anyone celebrating the obama kids going to oxford or cambridge when you have the worlds best schools in the US, or as a US leader you are expected to evoke that sentiment. Ngozi Okonji Iweala, as with so many Nigerian leaders who pay lip service to change, are all hypocrites in my opinion.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Decryptor(m): 7:35pm On Jul 17, 2013
chidyhels: Good for them.
But the boys are fugly sha lipsrsealed
as if u will say no if any of them proposes to you

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by chizel: 7:36pm On Jul 17, 2013
Harvard family,wonderful
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by abujalapdog(m): 7:37pm On Jul 17, 2013
tellwisdom: That obese woman lavishing our money on her ugly children sad

So pathetic that u r talking as a naive person ,an i see you cant comprehend what the op posted over there... hope is your money that the woman used in sending herself to havard an even her parents that went to havard too... poor you!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by ubanett(m): 7:37pm On Jul 17, 2013
God bless you
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by hercules07: 7:38pm On Jul 17, 2013
orgasticdance:
Yes it takes ability to make it into harvard. But this shouldn't be story worthy from a public servant. . You won't see anyone celebrating David Camerons children going to harvard because great britian has equally capable schools in oxford and cambridge. You won't see anyone celebrating the obama kids going to oxford or cambridge when you have the worlds best schools in the US, or as a US leader you are expected to evoke that sentiment. Ngozi Okonji Iweala, as with so many Nigerian leaders who pay lip service to change, are all hypocrites in my opinion.

It also takes money to get into harvard, there is something called grand fathering rule, once someone in your family has attended harvard, you have a brighter chance of getting in there, also, if you can put some money down for research, nobody will say no to your wards coming to harvard, it is only difficult for children of the poor and not too connected. It is a good thing her children have attended Harvard, but, they will be measured by what they are able to impart not the school they attended.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Donfamous(m): 7:39pm On Jul 17, 2013
shamson:
And God Almighty hate you in highest degree of passion.Watch your life out from this moment
you destroyers you'll also be destroyed in hundred folds. Killin ppl like fowl. And i guess you are among becos your comment tells so.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by dayosweetness(m): 7:41pm On Jul 17, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]who caressssss!!!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by edi287: 7:43pm On Jul 17, 2013
jackbauersballs: I never knew Uzo Iweala was her son.

I have a signed copy of Beasts of No Nation

Now I defo have to read the book
You should. Its a great book.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by djon78(m): 7:48pm On Jul 17, 2013
The greatest legacy one can be given is good and quality education, and that kind of education does nt come cheap, and if one is fortunate to have the priviledge of getting such, he should grab it with both hands.

Forget ignorant posts made by many ignorant youths on this forunm, the men and women that run things in this our world are graduates of top schools like harvard, yale, stanford, oxford, cambridge, London school of economics etc.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by InvertedHammer: 7:49pm On Jul 17, 2013
aaidel: guy go rest jor yes some people get into haravard based on ability but many others get in because they come from very wealthy families that have given millions in endowments to these universities so maybe you should take your own advice further and actually go through more than one google answer before making up your mind

@Aaide : You are very correct!

Just like anything elitist, one stands better chance to be admitted to Havard, Yale, Princeton and other Ivy-league colleges if it is the parent's alma mater. Prof. Okonjo went to Havard which opened up the doors for Ngozi Okonjo and her children thereafter.

Admission into Havard is not necessarily based on intellectual abilities alone. Man-Know-Man reigns supreme in their admissions considerations. Intellectual prowess is solely for the middle and low-class applicants. Heck, George Bush Jnr. went to Yale with C average. No poor man will ever do it.

But the dad opened the way for his sons. Life is not fair, you know...different yardsticks for different social classes. So guys....make your dough!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by yemivictor: 7:51pm On Jul 17, 2013
hercules07:

It also takes money to get into harvard, there is something called grand fathering rule, once someone in your family has attended harvard, you have a brighter chance of getting in there, also, if you can put some money down for research, nobody will say no to your wards coming to harvard, it is only difficult for children of the poor and not too connected. It is a good thing her children have attended Harvard, but, they will be measured by what they are able to impart not the school they attended.

well said, my friend.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Navalsadiq(m): 7:57pm On Jul 17, 2013
gedtalks:

these are the kind of people that don't know what is happening in their country, they just open their mouths and talk like fools. You dont even qualify to be the househelp in that family
if you fink low of your self doesn't mean that others do.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 17, 2013
tellwisdom: That obese woman lavishing our money on her ugly children sad
U should bear tellfoolishness at least ur stup.dty wil be tolerated.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 17, 2013
I wasn't expecting anything less.
Her parent graduated from Harvard, she graduated from Harvard, and now her kids (they're like the fourth generation of scholars in their lineage).

In my lineage, I happen to be the first, so am not inspired by this.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by ceeethru(m): 8:13pm On Jul 17, 2013
with all this qualifications, are they the richest in the world? Good name is better than riches. However, if my father or mother was opportune to still from govt, by i now i should be the harvard product from nigeria.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by tellwisdom: 8:15pm On Jul 17, 2013
tsmack: I truly fear for this nation!

Despite the amount of time some people spend on the internet, they still spew their ignorance (with pride) all over the place. And these are supposed to be the leaders of tomorrow?

You should at least do yourself the justice of googling up Harvard before embarrassing your family and country on the social media.

In case you don’t know, Harvard is not about money. It is about ability!

You need to prove BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT that you belong to the top strata of achievers - irrespective of your race and age - before you are accepted into the school. Besides, most people use STUDENT LOANS to fund their studies. It is almost automatic.

Harvard is NEVER about money!

Ngozi's children should be celebrated because gaining admission into such a school is an achievement on its own. Why do you think some Companies only employ graduates from Harvard?

Or have you ever heard of an Harvard graduate being “unwillingly” jobless? I don’t think it’s possible!

Invest in your life by spending time reading about value adding stuff. You don’t have to play the internet idiot; leave that to the others.

God bless Nigeria!

Talkative..See spits splashing all over the place sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sunday Igboho Jets Out To Germany - Picture / Alleged AIT Ban: The True Story From An AIT Staff, Lara Wise / Fresh $319m Abacha Loot In Uk, France - US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.