Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates (50773 Views)

Soldiers Seek Trial Of Okonjo-Iweala And Dasuki Over Arms Deal / 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries / Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Afriface: 6:05am On Jul 17, 2013
Some of you say you want inspiring stories, does this pass for one? Lol. OK, so the Minister of Finance Mrs Ngozi Oknonjo Iweala is a graduate of the prestigious Harvard University and so are her four children - Onyinye, Uzodinma, Ikechukwu and Uchechi. (Uzo and Uche pictured above)

Mrs Okonjo-Iweala studied Economics at Harvard, graduating magna cum laude with A.B in 1977.
Her eldest, Onyinye received her Ph.D. in Experimental Pathology from Harvard University in 2008 and graduated Harvard Medical School in 2010. Onyinye is a wife and mother.

Her son, Uzodinma Iweala received his A.B in English and American literature from Harvard and MD from Colombia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. He is the author of the critically acclaimed novel, Beasts of No Nation (2005).

Her other son, Ikechukwu Iweala studied social studies at Harvard and graduated in 2005.

Her last child Uchechi graduated from Harvard in 2009 and majored in Economics
And don't forget that Mrs Okonjo-Iweala's parents also graduated from Harvard.

http://www.tundeola.com/2013/07/ngozi-okonjo-iweala-and-her-four.html

8 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Nobody: 7:09am On Jul 17, 2013
Good for them

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 17, 2013
Good for them. But nobe by harvard o

6 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by luvablesam(m): 7:29am On Jul 17, 2013
U don't say(doh I am not interested in her n her family).buh I wonder wen our universities in Naija would ever be worthy of our so called 'leaders children'.no wonder the ASUU strikes neva end

25 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by gedtalks(m): 7:30am On Jul 17, 2013
chidindufrank: Good for them. But nobe by harvard o

it is by how Is it by unilag undecided undecided

55 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by daywatcher: 7:37am On Jul 17, 2013
I like it that they all have African names...nice to se from such a powerful woman/family

5 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Freewilly(f): 7:55am On Jul 17, 2013
Very impressive, and some fools that barely graduated High School just because Internet access is pretty easy these days would come here and talk trash about this woman and her family. Oh well I blame technology.

41 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by tellwisdom: 7:55am On Jul 17, 2013
That obese woman lavishing our money on her ugly children sad

18 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by tellwisdom: 7:57am On Jul 17, 2013
Freewilly: Very impressive, and some fools that barely graduated High School just because Internet access is pretty easy these days would come here and talk trash about this woman and her family. Oh well I blame technology.

What are you talking about?? Is it her money?? angry

27 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Danhumprey: 8:05am On Jul 17, 2013
A family of Harvard-trained graduates.

The power of money!

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 17, 2013
tellwisdom:

No it is your money.Anuofia.

49 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Dereformer(m): 8:39am On Jul 17, 2013
Mennnn, I envy this family. This is indeed a noble family. It is not about wealth. It is about determination and focus. I know many wealthier families in Nigeria whose children are vagabonds.

49 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by AbuMikey(m): 8:43am On Jul 17, 2013
OP this aint inspiring,but its worth knowing tho!

www.nairaland.com/1361966/happy-birthday-seun-afam4eva
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by DJDOLA(m): 8:52am On Jul 17, 2013
Nigeria yi ti gbogbo wa ni...koma gbodo baji..eji ka so owo po ko le da..gbe ke mi gbe

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 17, 2013
Very impressive. It takes brains and diligence to get into Harvard and survive there. Kudos to the parents who taught all four kids the value of hard work.

11 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by DJDOLA(m): 9:03am On Jul 17, 2013
Dereformer: Mennnn, I envy this family. This is indeed a noble family. It is not about wealth. It is about determination and focus. I know many wealthier families in Nigeria whose children are vagabonds.

If the Okonjos are moslems their degrees will be in the act of bombing and terrorism. I still remember Abdulmutalab.

I hate Islam with passion.
so because u hate islam I should stop fasting abi..by d way who are u?because etisalat has gave u 10 megabyte free ...u are here typing rubbish..mtchewww arinde omo oni ranu

54 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Billionaires: 9:04am On Jul 17, 2013
Ivy League Family...

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by tellwisdom: 9:04am On Jul 17, 2013
Dike Chimezie:
No it is your money.Anuofia.

Yeye dey worry you.Oniranu undecided

7 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 17, 2013
gedtalks:

it is by how Is it by unilag undecided undecided
Bro I no dey envy dem.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by ozolity(m): 10:06am On Jul 17, 2013
tellwisdom:

No its ur money idiot. Her pay at World Bank was much higher dan what she earns now.

13 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by gedtalks(m): 10:28am On Jul 17, 2013
tellwisdom: That obese woman lavishing our money on her ugly children sad

these are the kind of people that don't know what is happening in their country, they just open their mouths and talk like fools. You dont even qualify to be the househelp in that family

41 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by tellwisdom: 10:50am On Jul 17, 2013
gedtalks:

these are the kind of people that don't know what is happening in their country, they just open their mouths and talk like fools. You dont even qualify to be the househelp in that family

Are you talking to me?? Dem never slap you before abi??

8 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Scarpon(m): 10:57am On Jul 17, 2013
well am not surprised any way she got what it takes
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Cynsky76(f): 11:02am On Jul 17, 2013
Mission acomplished by ngozi thank god for dem.god rmember d dying poor

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Nomski0(f): 11:26am On Jul 17, 2013
If only i could just squeeze myself in thier family tree so they can sponsor me through Stanford or Yale.

The power of money. (Still it doesnt shut haters up.)

5 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by greatgod2012(f): 12:07pm On Jul 17, 2013
Havard family!!

Im aint expecting anything less from her.
May God continue to bless her and all of us

6 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Idokojimmy: 12:32pm On Jul 17, 2013
This woman used her hard earned money gotten from her exploit at the world bank to train her children and here we are fighting over nothing.
Hmmmmmm NAIJA I HAIL

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by adtiezy1(m): 12:39pm On Jul 17, 2013
tellwisdom: That obese woman lavishing our money on her ugly children sad
LWKMD grin

5 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by adtiezy1(m): 12:42pm On Jul 17, 2013
Dereformer: Mennnn, I envy this family. This is indeed a noble family. It is not about wealth. It is about determination and focus. I know many wealthier families in Nigeria whose children are vagabonds.

If the Okonjos are moslems their degrees will be in the act of bombing and terrorism. I still remember Abdulmutalab.

I hate Islam with passion.

very bad of you to criticise islam...bastard of a thousand fathers and mother fucking bitch...

10 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 17, 2013
Good for them.
But the boys are fugly sha lipsrsealed
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates by tsmack: 1:56pm On Jul 17, 2013
I truly fear for this nation!

Despite the amount of time some people spend on the internet, they still spew their ignorance (with pride) all over the place. And these are supposed to be the leaders of tomorrow?

You should at least do yourself the justice of googling up Harvard before embarrassing your family and country on the social media.

In case you don’t know, Harvard is not about money. It is about ability!

You need to prove BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT that you belong to the top strata of achievers - irrespective of your race and age - before you are accepted into the school. Besides, most people use STUDENT LOANS to fund their studies. It is almost automatic.

Harvard is NEVER about money!

Ngozi's children should be celebrated because gaining admission into such a school is an achievement on its own. Why do you think some Companies only employ graduates from Harvard?

Or have you ever heard of an Harvard graduate being “unwillingly” jobless? I don’t think it’s possible!

Invest in your life by spending time reading about value adding stuff. You don’t have to play the internet idiot; leave that to the others.

God bless Nigeria!

95 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG / Coup Scare: Army Clamps Down On Suspected Soldiers / NNPC Is Now 'northern Nigeria Petroleum Company' - Nigerians Slam Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.