Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,695 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) (40295 Views)

Air Bombardment Continues As Troops Mop Up More Communities (photos) / Soyinka: The Chauvinist Bitterness For The Empowerment Of Women In Nigeria / Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by bookface: 10:08pm On Jul 22, 2013
Eso wrote about a case that came before him when he was a magistrate in the 60s. A mystery gunman had invaded the radio house in Ibadan.The people of the western region were waiting for a very important broadcast by the premier,Mr. Ladoke Akintola.

Security men surrounded the radio station but it was only a gimmick.The Premier already prepared a recorded speech that would be broadcast that day. When it was time to broadcast the premier’s speech,a ‘mystery gunman’ came out of no where and held the studio manager hostage.He pointed a gun at him and exchange the speech with his own.

The gunman also ordered him to play his own tape.When he did,it was a complete embarrassment to the Premier and his government. The speech ‘abused’ religious and political leaders for not having the interest of the people at heart. Durning investigation,a young lecturer,Mr. Wole Soyinka was arrested and put for trial as the ‘mystery gunman’.

Soyinka - tearing corrupt governments apart since the 60s!

http://page1magazine.net/2012/11/the-mystery-gunman-by-justice-kayode-eso/

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by WildChild00(m): 10:09pm On Jul 22, 2013
lee007: Fact remains that if the Nigerian oil, the only leverage the south-south has, (which is not giving us anything per say) should dry up, then we all must in trouble for the following reasons.

1. South-south is largely uneducated; I mean the present generation of south-south youths with the exception for those in other parts of the country where they have better chance of decent and sound education and career, they will become a huge burden.
2. The current sophistication of crime and banditry in Nigeria was as a result of the activity of militants in the creeks and now spread all over the SE and SW part of the country
3. South-south leaders are practically incapable to talking to their people because they are not respected as a lot of them have been involved in the illegal oil bunkering going on in the region for a while
4. At the national level the SS people have not been able to partner successfully with any power block due to arrogance over ownership of the oil wealth of the nation.
5. The SE is more self reliant compared to the SS despite the presence of oil SE is more economically active than the SS
6. Without oil SS will be worse than the North, at least the north has learnt to survive and have political power to their advantage oil or no oil, the SS is presently burning all bridges for a man who doesn’t really care about anybody.
Instead of the people of SS to sit down with Prof WS and find out how to move the country forward and put the president’s wife in place, they are busy raining abuses on him. We will see who laughs last!

My friend, do your research properly, kindly tell me what is holding this great country together? Is it not the oil coming frm the South South? Every month governors frm your South-west will put on "Buba and sokoto" n dey will be matching down to Abuja to collect cheques for state usuage, what does the SS benefit frm you people? Nothing..... Do you know the annual budget is planned based on the prizes of oil? Do not say wat u do not know.

Do you people want another civil-war? Opc can not stand the South south oh....
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 22, 2013
ALTRUTH:

Are you mad? Who is wole soyinka that the presidency will regret anything because of him You yorubas are really living in a false sense of importance. You will wake up from your slumber soon!
The man dies in they that keep silent in the face of tyranny - WS.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by ALTRUTH(m): 10:12pm On Jul 22, 2013
abysirius: ...say that to ur fellow fools!
;
See this malnourished vulture. I have told you the truth, if you don't like it you can go and mix alabukun with otapipia and drink. Real ogbomoso drink! grin cheesy tongue

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by ALTRUTH(m): 10:19pm On Jul 22, 2013
Ola Johnson:
The man dies in they that keep silent in the face of tyranny - WS.

By taking sides and calling our first lady all sorts of names? Is that how a prof should speak up? Tell me? Amaechi's man was seen crashing a mace on the head of someone and the prof has not called amaechi or his ppl names? Speak up indeed!
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by nitrogen(m): 10:19pm On Jul 22, 2013
ALTRUTH:
;
See this malnourished vulture. I have told you the truth, if you don't like it you can go and mix alabukun with otapipia and drink. Real ogbomoso drink! grin cheesy tongue
Please, what is it with you and Ogbomoso? I hope it is not what I am thinking o. Meanwhile, don't claim SS, claim your SE cos these guys will deny you when you are in trouble o.

Ps. You should know the 'trouble' I am talking about.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by ALTRUTH(m): 10:21pm On Jul 22, 2013
nitrogen:
Please, what is it with you and Ogbomoso? I hope it is not what I am thinking o. Meanwhile, don't claim SS, claim your SE cos these guys will deny you when you are in trouble o.

Did you smoke dried ewedu or craze dey worry you. When did I tell you I'm from SS. I AM CORRECT IGBO TO THE CORE!!!!
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by akpomeme(m): 10:22pm On Jul 22, 2013
grin
cute shade: u're d one that is mad and seems there are cockroaches in your brain, yabaleft awaits you.
grin grin grin
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Aarenaija: 10:23pm On Jul 22, 2013
I like people that are good at what they are paid to do. But, when you are sent a message of a slave, the wise say you should deliver it like a child. Indeed, this floor MOP is a slave as he delivered the message as a slave.

Sometimes, you can not blame people like this since they have no values and norms. In their culture, the more you steal, the more you are honored. Achievement means noting to them. "Omo irankiran". What is the achievement of the so called 'hipopo' apart from being a domestic appendage of that man up there which of course at most, stay there and last few years and after.....??

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by sunoyebimpe: 10:24pm On Jul 22, 2013
I KNOW FOR SURE MANY OF YOU HERE ARE NOT UP TO WHO CAN UNLACE SOYINKA'S SHOES. I BEG KEEP UR MOUTH SHOUT JOOOO, IF NOT FOR PEOPLE THAT SOYINKA,DO KNO HOW THESE POLITICIANS WUD BE DRIVING US. EVEN GEJ IS NOT TALKING COS HE KNOS THE WOMAN IS GETTING OUT LAW.

when soyinka spoke against buhari y'all called him Jesus now when he is coming hard on your deity he is deranged. fyi wole won't stop talking till shepopotamus learn to be a lady before being a first lady. get a copy of and the man die and know the person you guys are dealing with he has been fighting oppression and injustice when you were still a spermatozoa.[/quote]
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by PrettyGaby(f): 10:25pm On Jul 22, 2013
Olaolufred:

I love this Hero.

Remember seeing him in MMA departure in 2009.

Epitome of wisdom. One of the best Nigeria ever had.

He is actually super-normal.

Except that your reasoning is too low to catch up.

No problem, that is why you see pupils taking last in a classroom.

We are not evenly endowed. Soyinka is far beyond your reasoning level.

Sorry o, but truth told already.
my regard of him is certainly not as high as it was. how does calling the firstlady names help issues? i'm yet to understand that.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by skimarvel: 10:26pm On Jul 22, 2013
Am forced 2 wonder who is d man here PEJ OR MOP..IS PEJ PLAYING D ''SILENCE IS THE BEST ANSWER FOR A FOOL''..
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 22, 2013
Creative mind: I ponder; if logic and reasoning are employed in every prose written by akpomeme. If they are, then he might be a potential tool of change for himself and people around him. On plethora of instances, my mind got troubled with doubts as to whether certain people could be healed of their voracious appetite for social media relevance and rapacious struggle for a social stand. Well, you cannot give what you do not have. As a matter of fact, expecting a castle built of intelligence from Akpomeme is like searching for an honest man with a stolen lantern. One cannot but die searching till eternity. Though, i feel a little shame to stoop so low to reply the beautiful alphabets you rendered useless by your narrow-minded coinage and rape of ethics. I know you must be smiling now for getting those few likes and comments since those are the attention you have longed for with the most productive part of your life. That's always the case with people of your caliber (pigs); they enjoy dragging you to the mud to wrestle. But do not forget that when a stubborn fly perches on the elder's scrotum, there is need to treat it with a broom. I am neither myopic nor am I tribally bias and that is what placed me some level above you. However, your infantile behaviour and immaturity does not restrain you from being an agent of change. After all, even lower animals are considered capable of making the world a better place but that is when they bark at the right time, crow in the morning or roar when need be. Not shying away from the truth ought to be the wheel driving journalism and writing but this fact has suffered a great blow in the jaw in the hand of pen-brandishing nincompoops and relevance-hungry youthpopotamus. My concession about life is that people like you are ready to do anything to get attention and build an empire of folly whenever you think the truth hits hard no you. God forbid a time i will celebrate ignorance, colossal insipience or deviate from spotting on red-carpeted idiocy all in the name of dignified silence. You elicited a bout of thundering laughter from me when you asked about the amiable professor's wives. Do you know a well-trained child whose mum wasn't chased out by the father won't coin such a malicious piece against an elder? Even so, i was consoled by your lack of discipline when it comes to defending political thieves and clueless masters by the social truism that "not all head harbours intelligence". Gone were the days when writers write right and thinkers were unprejudiced. Nowadays, every sect has been immersed in a cesspool of ignorance and desperate yearn for a say in our national issue. If foolishness warrants a certificate, you should have the highest number of laurels to show for your lack of thought and common knowledge. This is one of the faults that lies in nairaland: animal's section are not provided for your calibre. Brother, "agendo, bene consulendo, prospera omnia cedunt- by doing, by consulting well, things yield prosperous". Do not smir mud at people without facts and analogy. When the professor was already doing this nation proud, God was still considering whether to let you into the world or not. Now that you are here, must you make it obvious that you are a goat in human skin?

DAYUM!
4 A MOMENT I THOT IT WAS THE CRAZY PROF HIMSELF THAT WROTE THIS
THEN I NOTICED HE GOT THE SPELLING OF SMEAR ALL WRONG.
DUDE CHILL OUT WITH THE BIG WORDS. KEEP IT SIMPLE
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by kaykad: 10:27pm On Jul 22, 2013
Soyinka, Achebe and madam hippopo who is better
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by ALTRUTH(m): 10:28pm On Jul 22, 2013
nitrogen:

I dare you ewedu gulping cowards to bring it on, we are waiting for you guys. How I drop on my knees each day and pray for this 'gbege' to start so that we can annex Lagos and drive you guys into cotonou just like the fulanis have annexed Ilorin.

Bring it on so that we can know the real mean once and for all.

COWARDS!!!

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 22, 2013
akpomeme: It is laughable for Prof. Wole Soyinka; a well-respected Statesman to demystify the grandeur of his personality on the basis of “standing on the side of truth” one too many times, on utterly whimsical state of affairs in Rivers state.

It is astonishing that such a man with seeming repute for knowledge and wisdom in socio-political affairs of Nigeria can no longer differentiate between personal attacks and elderly advice to our nation state.

Personal attacks in the sense that in a frail where Patience seems to be one of too many male players in the Rivers state crisis, Prof. Soyinka singled out the first lady to trash. Amaechi, who ordered the violent maiming of another Honourable member is yet berated by our selective elder statesman “Wole Soyinka”.

More so, as an elder statesman, his advice should have played a key role towards uniting warring factions than dividing Nigerians who may or may not have qualms with the utterances of the “Mad Old Professor -MOP” (Tweet by Dictator’s Daughter,July, 2013). Without remorse, the MOP went ahead to reiterate his earlier statement which brought about criticism of his perceived chauvinistic statement against the Girl Child and the Nigerian Woman.

In the MOP’s own words “People said I call her a domestic appendage, what’s the problem with that? What’s the problem with Madam Shepopotamus? The questions yet unanswered are: Who were Wole Soyinka’s wives? What were their experience as wives and mothers whilst being a domestic appendage to the MOP. Why do they all share a common history of being married and divorced to the “Mad Old Professor”?

The deliberate attempt by the MOP to do the cleaning of dirty politics played through his demeaning conjectural use of words against the first lady is very unbecoming of statesman. Indeed, the fickleness is worrisome. In an already divided entity such as ours, where ethnicity, religion and regions play a huge role in our political views, the MOP has added a new twist of sexism and thoughtless fancy utterances in order to satisfy his benefactors.

In my opinion, his lend voice so far, has been more entertaining than making any positive impact on the society. The correlation between the first lady’s actions and her physical attributes are two different issues but in the quest for buzzy headlines and less about being a father to warring factions, the MOP has demonstrated that he cannot be taken more seriously than the words associated to him. It takes a He-popotamus to know a She-popotamus.

If you think Papa wole is mad, it is now my dream to be as crazy as him. He is a shinning example to all those who have functioning brains.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by chromoTop: 10:32pm On Jul 22, 2013
lmao...who release you this night. Ibomaniac grin
ALTRUTH:

I dare you ewedu gulping cowards to bring it on, we are waiting for you guys. How I drop on my knees each day and pray for this 'gbege' to start so that we can annex Lagos and drive you guys into cotonou just like the fulanis have annexed Ilorin.

COWARDS!!!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by toshmann(m): 10:32pm On Jul 22, 2013
abysirius: Stop being stupid!Achebe with all that he was chased Nobel Laureate Price to his grave. Olaolufred isn't d only 1 that admires WS. The whole world does. Ask ur village head I'm sure he will tutor u that Nobel Laureate Prize is not for fools but gr8 minds. Left to me, apart from PEG being the worst first lady ever with his non-performing shoeless husband as the president, she is a non-issue and shouldn't matter.
I went to Sweden once, when I tell them I'm Nigerian, they all say they know Soyinka. When I ask them how they knew him, they say he wrote a great book. Then I ask which book. They say "things fall apart" grin

Anyways, I think Soyinka is a great achiever. Let no one forget that. Achebe is also a great achiever. Don't you forget that. These two men are one of Nigeria's greatest ever. I'm not interested in comparison. I leave comparison to the feeble minded Nigerians. I read books by both men and I have never been prouder of any other Nigerian writer than these two heroes. Achebe is gone, I hope Soyinka will write at least one more book before his time.

People, how is this thread turning into a tribal war? grin na wa o. Just for your info, GEJ and his wife PEJ are not Igbos.

How is this Patience sef . . . . . . google images . . . . . . . . . . . .hmmmn. . . . . . . . . . . no comment.

But I'll still insist make bros quit the name calling.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by oduncutie(f): 10:33pm On Jul 22, 2013
What do u mean by saying dat PEJ is wise by keeping quiet for not replying Wole soyinka,of course she is empty,she's got nuttin up der,u want her to blow our heads with her grammer, well except u want her to speak in her local dialect.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by nitrogen(m): 10:33pm On Jul 22, 2013
ALTRUTH:

Did you smoke dried ewedu or craze dey worry you. When did I tell you I'm from SS. I AM CORRECT IGBO TO THE CORE!!!!
I sensed it, lemme ask you this 'do you wish to be able to tell us how it feels to be a victim for the second time?' Those you are licking their a.s.s won't even look to your side o. Just telling you sha.

Take care!
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 22, 2013
ALTRUTH:

You stop being silly! Achebe did not get the Nobel prize because he did not recognize 'White Master' in his works and not because Soyinka is better than him. Achebe was a 'Nobel' material. For your information, Achebe is internationally more popular than Soyinka in literature.
Far more popular with more audience
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by lee007(m): 10:37pm On Jul 22, 2013
ALTRUTH:

And you are still crying over this soyinka thing? Keep popping champagne and living in a self-created false sense of importance. Soyinka is not better than Achebe in any way. Take it or leave it. Until you stop all these ogbomoso talk, then you start reasoning well.

RES IPSA LOQUITOR!!! GO FIGURE!
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by kaykad: 10:38pm On Jul 22, 2013
@altruth.....na mouth u get.....notin u fit do
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by nitrogen(m): 10:38pm On Jul 22, 2013
ALTRUTH:

COWARDS!!!
I beg you in Achebe's name, don't dare us, meanwhile I need to ask you this 'do you know how it is like to be subtle and wise?' No need of bullets, it will be a constructive agenda. Trust the yorubas now. wink
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by akpomeme(m): 10:38pm On Jul 22, 2013
ifeness:

If you think Papa wole is mad, it is now my dream to be as crazy as him. He is a shinning example to all those who have functioning brains.
Go on son. Good luck and God bless. At least we know some people have been convinced in the past to go through the path of self destruction. You will not be the first and it is equally a subjective sign of your mental situation at the moment. Go on son, run mad. angry

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 22, 2013
achebe don't need the Nobel laurel yet his kinsmen keep going belle flat on the floor for soyinka to influence the Nobel committee to award him one post humously. one thing for y'all haterines no one from the east of the Niger can equal the man in intellect till the biosphere goes on extinction.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 22, 2013
akpomeme:
Go on son. Good luck and God bless. At least we know some people have been convinced in the past to go through the path of self destruction. You will not be the first and it is equally a subjective sign of your mental situation at the moment. Go on son, run mad. angry

It is a path i would gladly take. Good luck to you too who lives with Shepopotamus in the land of the blind.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by onomeasike: 10:49pm On Jul 22, 2013

Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? by akpomeme(m): 5:41am On Jul 06

Growing up in Lagos, I was thought manners by my parents and instructed to extend good regards to our Neigbours, friends and elders. My parents admired the Yoruba culture where the best virtues are supposedly inculcated in children.
Sadly, haven joined nairaland a while back, I have noticed elements from south west are abusive and arrogant. Every minute a thing is written about Mr. President, be it good or bad, they insult him. The question is: what does this say about the up bringing of these crop of young people? Have the western culture kick in so hard that we have lost our sense of moral virtues? Nigeria most admired culture for respect for elders is losing its grip on the young generation.

(Quote) (Report) 3 Likes (Like)

if you compare this past post of the OP with this post,you will know this is a person in the class of retardeen ge and retardenette pej

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 22, 2013
ALTRUTH:

COWARDS!!!
lol we dont want another 3m ibo blood on our hands,after u've been whooped mercilessly u people will start screaming genocide

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 22, 2013
nitrogen:
I beg you in Achebe's name, don't dare us, meanwhile I need to ask you this 'do you know how it is like to be subtle and wise?' No need of bullets, it will be a constructive agenda. Trust the yorubas now. wink

the same way they were beating there chest before one good thinking by awo decimated their lineage. we know how the third marine command made up of mostly yoruba soldiers drove the wrapper tying and lipstick wearing general to Abidjan.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by talk2me006(m): 10:53pm On Jul 22, 2013
i laugh tired in this thread.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply)

Checkout What APC Posted On Twitter (photo) / Police Arrest Killer Of Temitope Sugar Olatoye / Hausa Motorcyclists Invade Same Global Estate In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.