Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) (40300 Views)

Air Bombardment Continues As Troops Mop Up More Communities (photos) / Soyinka: The Chauvinist Bitterness For The Empowerment Of Women In Nigeria / Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by datmix(m): 7:36pm On Jul 22, 2013
Its none of my business oo... But before you yab this man, remember you have an elderly ones at home.. NIGERIA is doomed... But wetin dis op think before he comes up with MOP you must be high on cheap booze grin
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:38pm On Jul 22, 2013
unfortunately GEJ has sacked @BEAF, all these fuktards running amoc on Nairaland are just doing far more damage than @Beaf ever did in his entire 2 years on GEJ's cabinet. this akpors of an apkomeme is just a classic dufus

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by olivegirl(f): 7:41pm On Jul 22, 2013
Pls maybe amaechi is a pirate, he baRks for them. He is the founder of sea dogs. May we live to see human right activist. Jesus is the way to follow. He will fight for you
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by delors(m): 7:42pm On Jul 22, 2013
akpomeme: It is laughable for Prof. Wole Soyinka; a well-respected Statesman to demystify the grandeur of his personality on the basis of “standing on the side of truth” one too many times, on utterly whimsical state of affairs in Rivers state.

It is astonishing that such a man with seeming repute for knowledge and wisdom in socio-political affairs of Nigeria can no longer differentiate between personal attacks and elderly advice to our nation state.

Personal attacks in the sense that in a frail where Patience seems to be one of too many male players in the Rivers state crisis, Prof. Soyinka singled out the first lady to trash. Amaechi, who ordered the violent maiming of another Honourable member is yet berated by our selective elder statesman “Wole Soyinka”.

More so, as an elder statesman, his advice should have played a key role towards uniting warring factions than dividing Nigerians who may or may not have qualms with the utterances of the “Mad Old Professor -MOP” (Tweet by Dictator’s Daughter,July, 2013). Without remorse, the MOP went ahead to reiterate his earlier statement which brought about criticism of his perceived chauvinistic statement against the Girl Child and the Nigerian Woman.

In the MOP’s own words “People said I call her a domestic appendage, what’s the problem with that? What’s the problem with Madam Shepopotamus? The questions yet unanswered are: Who were Wole Soyinka’s wives? What were their experience as wives and mothers whilst being a domestic appendage to the MOP. Why do they all share a common history of being married and divorced to the “Mad Old Professor”?

The deliberate attempt by the MOP to do the cleaning of dirty politics played through his demeaning conjectural use of words against the first lady is very unbecoming of statesman. Indeed, the fickleness is worrisome. In an already divided entity such as ours, where ethnicity, religion and regions play a huge role in our political views, the MOP has added a new twist of sexism and thoughtless fancy utterances in order to satisfy his benefactors.

In my opinion, his lend voice so far, has been more entertaining than making any positive impact on the society. The correlation between the first lady’s actions and her physical attributes are two different issues but in the quest for buzzy headlines and less about being a father to warring factions, the MOP has demonstrated that he cannot be taken more seriously than the words associated to him. It takes a He-popotamus to know a She-popotamus.

Whoever the author of this jargons is, get schooled. Prof. Wole is far above your reasoning. Because you forced uncommon vocabs into the piece of trash you wrote doesn't make you a sensible author.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by akpomeme(m): 7:42pm On Jul 22, 2013
Creative mind: I ponder; if logic and reasoning are employed in every prose written by akpomeme. If they are, then he might be a potential tool of change for himself and people around him. On plethora of instances, my mind got troubled with doubts as to whether certain people could be healed of their voracious appetite for social media relevance and rapacious struggle for a social stand. Well, you cannot give what you do not have. As a matter of fact, expecting a castle built of intelligence from Akpomeme is like searching for an honest man with a stolen lantern. One cannot but die searching till eternity. Though, i feel a little shame to stoop so low to reply the beautiful alphabets you rendered useless by your narrow-minded coinage and rape of ethics. I know you must be smiling now for getting those few likes and comments since those are the attention you have longed for with the most productive part of your life. That's always the case with people of your caliber (pigs); they enjoy dragging you to the mud to wrestle. But do not forget that when a stubborn fly perches on the elder's scrotum, there is need to treat it with a broom. I am neither myopic nor am I tribally bias and that is what placed me some level above you. However, your infantile behaviour and immaturity does not restrain you from being an agent of change. After all, even lower animals are considered capable of making the world a better place but that is when they bark at the right time, crow in the morning or roar when need be. Not shying away from the truth ought to be the wheel driving journalism and writing but this fact has suffered a great blow in the jaw in the hand of pen-brandishing nincompoops and relevance-hungry youthpopotamus. My concession about life is that people like you are ready to do anything to get attention and build an empire of folly whenever you think the truth hits hard no you. God forbid a time i will celebrate ignorance, colossal insipience or deviate from spotting on red-carpeted idiocy all in the name of dignified silence. You elicited a bout of thundering laughter from me when you asked about the amiable professor's wives. Do you know a well-trained child whose mum wasn't chased out by the father won't coin such a malicious piece against an elder? Even so, i was consoled by your lack of discipline when it comes to defending political thieves and clueless masters by the social truism that "not all head harbours intelligence". Gone were the days when writers write right and thinkers were unprejudiced. Nowadays, every sect has been immersed in a cesspool of ignorance and desperate yearn for a say in our national issue. If foolishness warrants a certificate, you should have the highest number of laurels to show for your lack of thought and common knowledge. This is one of the faults that lies in nairaland: animal's section are not provided for your calibre. Brother, "agendo, bene consulendo, prospera omnia cedunt- by doing, by consulting well, things yield prosperous". Do not smir mud at people without facts and analogy. When the professor was already doing this nation proud, God was still considering whether to let you into the world or not. Now that you are here, must you make it obvious that you are a goat in human skin?
Confusion at its best. Is this MOP or his follower. Communication these days are simpler than the foregoing confusion written out of bitterness.

7 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by whitecat007: 7:43pm On Jul 22, 2013
Yeah! Wole Soyinka, the MAN, you and your entire lineage will never be half the man he is.
Billionaires: For someone that worships Sango

For someone that founded and sponsored CULTISM

For someone who married, 1-2-3, 3 women and all 3 left.

For someone who served in a military government and give it legitimacy.

For someone who address women as mere domestic appendage.

For someone who call Amaechi his friend, when he is Governor not when he was nothing not minding age and intellectual difference.

Wole Soyinka's Nobel price on Literature is a mistake and his content of character is questionable.

Wole is MAD.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by akpomeme(m): 7:47pm On Jul 22, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt: unfortunately GEJ has sacked @BEAF, all these fuktards running amoc on Nairaland are just doing far more damage than @Beaf ever did in his entire 2 years on GEJ's cabinet. this akpors of an apkomeme is just a classic dufus
grin grin grin it is worrisome that you can't imagine me an ordinary citizen like you without any affiliation to Gej/PEJ. Well an elder who decides to eat from the plate of child must bear the consequences of his actions.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 22, 2013
whitecat007: I know dem Alatas in Ogbomoso

are you from ogbomoso or you school there?? ladokite hmmn
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by toshmann(m): 7:50pm On Jul 22, 2013
basty: One thing is this, Igbo people will definitely hate Prof Soyinka because he has achieved what their literary late Icon China Achebe could not.
I don't join issues with all these biased tribalists stand out to archive, (A nju won o se with lejo ija ilara won ko tan boro) Soyinka has surpassed them, they are full of envy.
Is it an offence for him to air his opinion?
Useless tribalist.
I've seen a lot of foolish posts in my life but this is by far the most fo0lish of them all.

D'you know that Soyinka is very popular in the eastern heartland? Yes, people like him very well in the east. Seriously do Yorubas hate igbos this much? And perhaps vice versa? I need to know, bc I grew up in the east. The only Yorubas I met were my classmates at federal govt college and at university of calabar and they were not like this. And definitely the Yorubas I know in Ohio are absolutely not like what I see in nairaland. And the igbos I see in Ohio are not anti-Yoruba either. So what is it with nairaland igbos and Yorubas? How old are you guys? If I may start there. undecided

@topic
In my opinion, The fact that Patience is 'fighting' with Soyinka is a promotion for Patience. I'm sure she won't want this saga to end.
I would advice Soyinka, for the sake of those of us who still hold him in high esteem, to stop. It's demeaning for him to engage PDP politicians in a gutter fight. He will loose his respect while PDP has no respect to loose.

And while I'm tempted to agree that Patience deserves some of the name calling, I'll still insist that in this day and age it is ungentlemanly to do so.

15 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by romeo(m): 7:51pm On Jul 22, 2013
Wole Soyinka has really gone mad.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 22, 2013
akpomeme:
grin grin grin it is worrisome that you can't imagine me an ordinary citizen like you without any affiliation to Gej/PEJ. Well an elder who decides to eat from the plate of child must bear the consequences of his actions.

we know how they recruit y'all hungry lapdogs and lodged all of you at sambras international hotel in wuse 2.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by akpomeme(m): 7:54pm On Jul 22, 2013
delors:
Whoever the author of this jargons is, get schooled. Prof. Wole is far above your reasoning. Because you forced uncommon vocabs into the piece of trash you wrote doesn't make you a sensible author.

Amen grin grin you see your life. Why body dey pepper una now. Does it feel good for that mad old prof to call your mother's mate a hippo, she-po etc? Does it! You are all subjective. I have only called him out on what i believe are symptoms of senility. A wiseman speaks but few words. Thus for a perceived wiseman to begin to speak repeatedly on a subject through a subjective lens, he requires help immediately. The fine writer has gone senile. Pity cry

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Niyomi(m): 7:55pm On Jul 22, 2013
Daddy wole needs to play a fatherly role in this issue.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by AZeD1(m): 7:58pm On Jul 22, 2013
Akpomeme
In your wisdom can you please tell us the meaning of domestic appendage?
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by EPOMA(m): 8:00pm On Jul 22, 2013
kingbang: Ole Soyinka needs a job. The person is bored and broke as hell.
This NL is becoming a place for ignorant people like you . This man only need to make himself available for speeches around the world and he makes money
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by bookface: 8:00pm On Jul 22, 2013
akpomeme: It is laughable for Prof. Wole Soyinka; a well-respected Statesman to demystify the grandeur of his personality on the basis of “standing on the side of truth” one too many times, on utterly whimsical state of affairs in Rivers state.

It is astonishing that such a man with seeming repute for knowledge and wisdom in socio-political affairs of Nigeria can no longer differentiate between personal attacks and elderly advice to our nation state.

Personal attacks in the sense that in a frail where Patience seems to be one of too many male players in the Rivers state crisis, Prof. Soyinka singled out the first lady to trash. Amaechi, who ordered the violent maiming of another Honourable member is yet berated by our selective elder statesman “Wole Soyinka”.

More so, as an elder statesman, his advice should have played a key role towards uniting warring factions than dividing Nigerians who may or may not have qualms with the utterances of the “Mad Old Professor -MOP” (Tweet by Dictator’s Daughter,July, 2013). Without remorse, the MOP went ahead to reiterate his earlier statement which brought about criticism of his perceived chauvinistic statement against the Girl Child and the Nigerian Woman.

In the MOP’s own words “People said I call her a domestic appendage, what’s the problem with that? What’s the problem with Madam Shepopotamus? The questions yet unanswered are: Who were Wole Soyinka’s wives? What were their experience as wives and mothers whilst being a domestic appendage to the MOP. Why do they all share a common history of being married and divorced to the “Mad Old Professor”?

The deliberate attempt by the MOP to do the cleaning of dirty politics played through his demeaning conjectural use of words against the first lady is very unbecoming of statesman. Indeed, the fickleness is worrisome. In an already divided entity such as ours, where ethnicity, religion and regions play a huge role in our political views, the MOP has added a new twist of sexism and thoughtless fancy utterances in order to satisfy his benefactors.

In my opinion, his lend voice so far, has been more entertaining than making any positive impact on the society. The correlation between the first lady’s actions and her physical attributes are two different issues but in the quest for buzzy headlines and less about being a father to warring factions, the MOP has demonstrated that he cannot be taken more seriously than the words associated to him. It takes a He-popotamus to know a She-popotamus.

You are not in that League of those who are fit to make a "harsh critique" of Wole Soyinka!

Kongi is a lone voice - a rare badger! He stood and fought the crazy military rulers - both with his might and his pen. Those long days when your fathers and grandfathers hid underneath their beds - Kongi was out there, doing what he knew to do best - fight for posterity!

Where are your fathers? Where are your grandfathers? Who are they? No one knows them, if alive, they are just one of the several millions of Nigerians who came, saw and did nothing - Kongi is still here - bless his soul - doing what he knows best, fighting!

Fighting an utterly shameful and spineless corrupt government, led by a President and a Sheppopotamus wife who are so drunk with power, they now make an @ss out of themselves! They will be gone soon like those before them, and posterity will remember them only very little - Kongi, however remains a badger, someone who came, saw and fought with all his might!

He is 79 and full of wisdom. If he wanted, he could choose to pick up mouth watering appointment from the likes of Harvard and Wharton who will fall over themselves to have him. But he's a badger, his love for his homeland is unquestionable. He's shed his blood, tears and sweat for his country, posterity will reward him well for than.

You are not in the league of those who can make a "harsh critique" of Kongi. Not you, not your President nor the buffalo he married. You should do something worthwhile with your life. Don't follow the paths of your fathers or grandfathers whom we know not. Follow the path of the "mad professor" and posterity will write books about you!

10 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Koffiman: 8:04pm On Jul 22, 2013
seunfly: @ Akpomeme i think u sound boring now with ds ur attack on Prof, if it is pej dt employed u to do ds, u have to tell her dt when another power drunk first lady in d name of turai was busy doing samething to her husband, it was prof Soyinka, Bakare and co dt faught like ds 4 her husband. Now she is power drunk and she send u to come and call d same prof mad man. Then i guess pej is d only m*d f**st lady we ever had in Nigeria's history.

Sharaap! Ur Wole is nothing but a local champion who seeks to be relevant again this tme with his diarrhoea mouth rather the pen. Real intellectual people are busy out there contributing brilliant ideas and delivering seminars on how to better the world. What we have here is Wole freguenting Rivers State to forment trouble and bad blood among the leaders in return for money. How does he expect us respect him when he has chosen to become a public nuisance.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 22, 2013
akpomeme: He certainly does not look normal
Sincerely speaking u are high, so u are telling me my role model is not normal it obviously shows u 're not in ur right senses... Hmmshwww!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by akpomeme(m): 8:09pm On Jul 22, 2013
anago12:

we know how they recruit y'all hungry lapdogs and lodged all of you at sambras international hotel in wuse 2.

So she-po should be left alone to spikes of the Mad Old Professor (MOP). God will always defend the defenseless. You call her illiterate and subdue her psychologically by making fun of her physical attributes, those are childish bullish weapons employed by MOP to intimidate the poor thing. Just like he stood for injustice most of his life, I owe him the duty of drawing the attention of his care givers to help him retain what is left of his good name. MOP has become pathetic in my very eyes. Sad.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by joseph1832(m): 8:09pm On Jul 22, 2013
Between wole and GEJ + PEJ I take wole anyday anytime. Its better to be a MOP than to be clueless and uneducated. Wole lives on...
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by abujalapdog(m): 8:09pm On Jul 22, 2013
Olaolufred: IF THE WHOLE WORLD COULD GIVE A MAD MAN DIPLOMATIQUE PASSPORT TO ENTER OR LEAVE ANY COUNTRY AT WILL.
THEN, THE WHOLE WORLD MUST BE MAD( WITH AKPOMEME AS THE HEAD OF THE MAD WORLD).
HOWEVER, YOUR FAMILY RIGHT FROM THE ROOT ARE STILL LIVING IN SQUALOR AND TERRIBLE POVERTY.
THANK GOD YOU ESCAPED TO A CITY WHERE YOU COULD ACCESS ETISALAT FREE DATA.

NOTE: BOTH HE-POPOTAMI AND SHE-POPOTAMUS AND YOUR ENTIRE GENERATION AMMOUNT TO NOTHING IN COMPARISON WITH WOLE.

TAKE CARE.

a comfirm pyrate frat boy...
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Anvaller: 8:10pm On Jul 22, 2013
Koffiman:

Sharaap! Ur Wole is nothing but a local champion who seeks to be relevant again this tme with his diarrhoea mouth rather the pen. Real intellectual people are busy out there contributing brilliant ideas and delivering seminars on how to better the world. What we have here is Wole freguenting Rivers State to forment trouble and bad blood among the leaders in return for money. How does he expect us respect him when he has chosen to become a public nuisance.

That in bold is 1000 times misplaced. U are saying he should be doing the very things he is known for internationally and still doing even at 79? Na wah ooo
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by brinell(m): 8:10pm On Jul 22, 2013
Shepopotamus, Hippo, Sea dogs etc all swim in rough dirty water. Water no get enemy- same same. Sharing something in common is not bad, bros. smiley
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Dee60: 8:11pm On Jul 22, 2013
madam patience should not have called WS a 'national embarrassment' and WS should not throw abuses at her. Please sheath the swords. Even where WS has used metaphors, not everyone understands those and let us remember that younger people are watching!

I respect Madam Patience and I hope she will listen to the cry out there to stop meddling in Rivers and to manage the use of her power. I respect WS and I hope he will embrace truce and allow the wounds of the Rivers saga to heal. We should not fight too much over problems caused by politicians.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by bookface: 8:12pm On Jul 22, 2013
Koffiman:

A local champion? Wole Soyinka we know, Who is your daddy? and who is his own daddy?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Koffiman: 8:17pm On Jul 22, 2013
bookface:

You are not in that League of those who are fit to make a "harsh critique" of Wole Soyinka!

Kongi is a lone voice - a rare badger! He stood and fought the crazy military rulers - both with his might and his pen. Those long days when your fathers and grandfathers hid underneath their beds - Kongi was out there, doing what he knew to do best - fight for posterity!

And you, son of a worm think you've got what it takes to make a "harsh critique" of him? Ko ba idi e!

Where are your fathers? Where are your grandfathers? Who are they? No one knows them, if alive, they are just one of the several millions of Nigerians who came, saw and did nothing - Kongi is still here - bless his soul - doing what he knows best, fighting!

Fighting an utterly shameful and spineless corrupt government, led by a President and a Sheppopotamus wife who are so drunk with power, they now make an ass out of themselves! They will be gone soon like those before them, and posterity will remember them only very little - Kongi, however remains a badger, someone who came, saw and fought with all his might!

He is 79 and full of wisdom. If he wanted, he could choose to pick up mouth watering appointment from the likes of Harvard and Wharton who will fall over themselves to have him. But he's a badger, his love for his homeland is unquestionable. He's shed his blood, tears and sweat for his country, posterity will reward him well for than.

You are not in the league of those who can make a "harsh critique" of Kongi. Not you, not your President nor the buffalo he married. You should do something worthwhile with your life. Don't follow the paths of your fathers or grandfathers whom we know not. Follow the path of the "mad professor" and posterity will write books about you!

And you think Harvard will offer such a public nuisance an appointment. For ur info, his type of African literature is not studied in Most foreign countries. School children in foreign countries do not read his literatures both at home and in school. He is only relevant and popular in Nigerian and there4, shoud try and preserve that honor ang glory rather than being an embarrasment to his admirers.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by chromoTop: 8:22pm On Jul 22, 2013
Koffiman:

And you think Harvard will offer such a public nuisance an appointment. For ur info, his type of African literature is not studied in Most foreign countries. School children in foreign countries do not read his literatures both at home and in school. He is only relevant and popular in Nigerian and there4, shoud try and preserve that honor ang glory rather than being an embarrasment to his admirers.
Are you alright? Did you just form that from your skull or some real life information? undecided
By the way all these 'LIKES' is not getting funny anymore sad
dem attack Kongi you LIKE,
dem support Kongi you LIKE
what is it you do not understand? Is it the grammar or the person? undecided
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Zither(m): 8:23pm On Jul 22, 2013
Op, now you have shown yourself to be no better in addressing matters than the so-called 'MOP'...

I am a great admirer of Wole Soyinka does not mean that I will not speak against his actions that violate the sacred principles he upholds with his life.

True, as an elderly stateman, his action of pegging a derogatory epithet on the First Lady is rather unbecoming...and as such the pride I have for him has sustained unexpected injury...

Yes....Wole Soyinka is to blame for fanning this little affair to flame with a rejoinder....however, it takes two to tango.....that is where your myopism and bias are glaring..

Your critique of Wole Soyinka, the Great Statesman, is evident with biased sentiments leaning towards favouring a particular party in the dispute. You did not make a 'Harsh Critique' of your goddess, PEJ, when her excesses were unrestrained...you were mute like a donkey when she allowed her dictatorial tendencies free reign...you lacked the fibre of human character to call her to order before her excesses drilled a large hole in the nation's already weak pillars of unity in diversity..

Mr Man, you have failed to present this issue objectively in such a light as it is required of one who does not want to risk being seen as belonging to the camp of one or the other thereby watering down the effectiveness of his report...rather, your rash and thoughtless presentation has revealed you to be a fanatic PEJ sympathiser.

Whoever you are, don't add more insult to your fanatism by citing the name of that impudent and lame dame, the ignominiously silly in addition to being hopelessly stupid daughter of that rotten dictator, Abacha. I have no other comment for that wretch.

Now I am curious.....why the hell did you single the Prof out for this unwarranted 'Harsh Critique' without mentioning the huge part PEJ played in stirring this events to life? Why did you attack his personal life of failed marriages knowing it has nothing to do with this issue? For Chris' sakes what interest, legal or otherwise does that meddlesome hag, the uncouth daughter of a late dictator, have to do with the dispute between Prof Wole Soyinka and PEJ that you have to cite her? Why must you lack any apparent shame to appear so cheap and partial and narrow in your mind before thousands of people?

Call a spade a spade.....no sacred cow...not Prof, not PEJ

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by bookface: 8:24pm On Jul 22, 2013
Koffiman:

Havard gives out its Honorary degree to people who are of a rare breed - and Wole Soyinka is one. Havard will kill to have him teach their students or lead a faculty. He is a man you only find in 10 million births.

In a different world, Hippopotamus and his retardeen husband are not fit to polish Kongi's shoes.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by PStacks(m): 8:26pm On Jul 22, 2013
akpomeme:
Certainly he does represent something to some people. Hitler still have followers today. Idi-amin has admirers till date just as shepopotamus has people who thinks she is their Jesus Christ on earth. The point here is as a statesman, judging from his age, all he needed do was to speak to reasons if he must contribute. For the sake of argument, Obama guided his utterances in tryvon martins killer no guilty judgement. Nonetheless, everybody knew how passionate he was about the dead boy. So what can you say about Wole Soyinka AKA MOP?

Does 2 wrongs make a Right?

If you are trying to correct the Professor for calling Madam a Domestic Appendage or a shepopotamus and you are hear Emphasising "MOP" like u want to kill yourself, it suggest to me, u are either conciously or uncontiously taking sides. Or it suggests to me u are being paid to do someones bidding same way Evans Bipi went to do someones bidding at the Rivers state house of Assembly.. Bipi didn't go there on his own accord, he went there with powers that be backing him.. These same powers are what can make u Empasis "MOP" in ur post a billion times as tho it were u they called a shepopotamus, y the thing pain u pass the owner nao? Sorry oo. Shepopotamus mouth piece. Shepopotamus stooge.
Maybe madam can't defend herself and needing people like u to come up and defend her but the professor is educated enof to have ethics of public speaks.. I tot they organised a debate for them on channels TV, its unfprtunate u can't represent her on TV, the professor doesn't need me to represent him, he's ever ready, but u can't say same of your madam, Bipi's madam, you don't come here and sound sentimental about what u think the prof should hav done while u are actually taking sides.. U can't sit on the wall, u must choose what side of the divide u are on! Nobody is sitting on the wall here.. If you are not for shepopotamus then u are for the Professor.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by chino11(m): 8:26pm On Jul 22, 2013
If you believe that Soyenka A common campus cultist has gone senile and needs rehabilitation: CLICK LIKE

grin grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 22, 2013
akpomeme:
I am not a benefactor of shepopotamus as frivolously put by Mad Old Professor, neither is she my Jesus Christ on earth!!!! I am simply appalled by someone I once hold in high regards by how low he has gone to insult another man's wife!!! Insult women! and show poor judgement when he was expected to be a father to all. I am appalled.

We know she is an illiterate. So what? With all your education and Mop combined, how much tenacity have you been able to show towards advancing your need for individual happiness. It is now that mop is trying to fix his children into politics. Mop is an ACN guy we all know, so his views are tainted.
You should be ashamed of yourself for your myopic view and your aversion for the SW... I think you need to be mature and stop being a tribalist.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor / Senate Resumes Plenary With New Mace After Thugs Attack / Five Feared Killed As Dino Melaye's Protest Turns Bloody In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.