Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,056 members, 7,814,633 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) (40294 Views)

Air Bombardment Continues As Troops Mop Up More Communities (photos) / Soyinka: The Chauvinist Bitterness For The Empowerment Of Women In Nigeria / Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by ernersinfobank(m): 9:21pm On Jul 22, 2013
For this single reason of his personality, status and wisdom, one expected more from him. Remember, To whom much is given, much is expected. I won't lie you, I was so disappointed by Prof Soyinka's act.
anago12: if in your definition a person like wole is mad then I wanna forever be a looney. but the manatees and shepopotami you worship can't even measure up to his shoelace in all ramifications. when the south western folks enter this thread hope you will be able to stand the heat in the kitchen.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 22, 2013
akpomeme:

The question is: where are the wives today? Are they still alive? If they are, what are there experiences with the monster called saint by his followers.
Yes! WOLE SOYINKA IS MY ROLE MODEL, IF U LIKE DIE, the MAN is a nobel laureate for crying out loud, ABI SHEY NA UR PAPA U WANT MAKE I USE AS MY ROLE MODEL?
you and your entire lineage will never be half the man he is.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Leward(m): 9:24pm On Jul 22, 2013
akpomeme: @dayokanu: typos are inevitable in these days of typing with mobile phones and autocorrect. I will give you benefit of doubt that you are aware who that is "indamin- indiamin" and stop being sarcastic like your mop.
Dude, it's idi amin nt indiamin...illiterate

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Urine: 9:27pm On Jul 22, 2013
You guys are funny, Google " The Mystery Gunman" Wole Soyinka has been tearing government officials apart for years, this shouldn't be a big deal. I guess most of his critics don't read.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 22, 2013
betrani: why didn't he take on some learned professor that would have match him word for word, laurels for laurels, intellect for intellect or still "self aclaimed gramarian for self acclaimed gramarian" u all still don't knw what this man did wrong! "why take sides" when Amechi committed his own atrocities no one said anytin Now its a faction that supports the presidentn people are cryin foul! Don't forget He was Elected by the "corrupt court" not the masses! Ole forgot that not so? He had the effrontery to sack elected officers of which he him self came in through the back door!

now I give up on Nigeria with this kind of stone age reasoning pattern. soyinka and other good Nigerians ain't gat nothing to lose if the manatees and the shepopotami milk our common patrimony dry. he is only giving a voice to the voiceless nigerians but here we are the oppressed tongue lashing their liberator. hope y'all will enjoy your country with loads of generator fumes to mess up with your lungs and roads that pass for highway to the grave also where common malaria kill y'all in thousands. seriously with peeps like you Nigeria is definitely a lost cause.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by basilo101: 9:31pm On Jul 22, 2013
Pataki:

"Mentally superiority"?? Why do you people enjoy murdering English?

abeg free dem make murder d language. Britons fit speak my language?
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by wolexy14(m): 9:32pm On Jul 22, 2013
Akpomeme I wonder if u ll let it rest r u d unborn child or aftermath child of shepopo...guy abeg go slp jawe e Don dey bore pesin.......if u no get work come dey polish my shoe b4 I go offix joor

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 22, 2013
betrani: why didn't he take on some learned professor that would have match him word for word, laurels for laurels, intellect for intellect or still "self aclaimed gramarian for self acclaimed gramarian" u all still don't knw what this man did wrong! "why take sides" when Amechi committed his own atrocities no one said anytin Now its a faction that supports the presidentn people are cryin foul! Don't forget He was Elected by the "corrupt court" not the masses! Ole forgot that not so? He had the effrontery to sack elected officers of which he him self came in through the back door!

now I give up on Nigeria with this kind of stone age reasoning pattern. soyinka and other good Nigerians ain't gat nothing to lose if the manatees and the shepopotami milk our common patrimony dry. he is only giving a voice to the voiceless nigerians but here we are the oppressed tongue lashing their liberator. hope y'all will enjoy your country with loads of generator fumes to mess up with your lungs and roads that pass for highway to the grave also where common malaria kill y'all in thousands. seriously with peeps like you Nigeria is definitely a lost cause.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 22, 2013
Urine: You guys are funny, Google " The Mystery Gunman" Wole Soyinka has been tearing government officials apart for years, this shouldn't be a big deal. I guess most of his critics don't read.

It is obvious they don't...

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by TheRealMrStan(m): 9:34pm On Jul 22, 2013
"A mad professor, a dictator's daughter and a Hippopotamus"
http://mrstanleynwabia..com/2013/07/amad-professor-dictators-daughter-and.html
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by funnyx(m): 9:35pm On Jul 22, 2013
@OP
Go and get a job so that you can at least be relevant in life, so that your existence is not forgotten even while you are still alive, you loathe Wole Soyinka just because he berated your 'Jesus christ' and to vent your frustration all you can do is open threads after thread to spew rubbish about him.

One thing I can assure you is that Soyinka's name will always be written in gold in Nigerian history, in literature and even in Biafran history. So mr akpors your useless and shallow opinion does not matter, it's just a rant of an ant.
So in your best interest find something useful to do with your time because in your old age this your 'jesus christ' will no longer be available to feed you, however if you like continue to waste the better part of your life to defame the personality of people who have make their mark, your existence will be forgotten while you are still alive.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by abysirius(m): 9:36pm On Jul 22, 2013
chinedum45:

u lack objectivity and cannot think simply because you admire a person. That makes u mentally handicapped since all ur god says is right. Get off ur shell and prove right the education u have got
Stop being stupid!Achebe with all that he was chased Nobel Laureate Price to his grave. Olaolufred isn't d only 1 that admires WS. The whole world does. Ask ur village head I'm sure he will tutor u that Nobel Laureate Prize is not for fools but gr8 minds. Left to me, apart from PEG being the worst first lady ever with his non-performing shoeless husband as the president, she is a non-issue and shouldn't matter.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 22, 2013
The OP does not know what it takes to be a professor. On three different comments, even after his attention was drawn, he is still unable to spell Idi Amin. Shame on you.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by emmalet24: 9:38pm On Jul 22, 2013
akpomeme: He certainly does not look normal
don't understnd y mr soyinka never go sit down 4 his house jeje 4 ogun state coz e never contribute anytin 4 dis naija apart 4rom sellin 2 us literature books abeg make e go sit down joo
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by akpomeme(m): 9:40pm On Jul 22, 2013
wolexy14: Akpomeme I wonder if u ll let it rest r u d unborn child or aftermath child of shepopo...guy abeg go slp jawe e Don dey bore pesin.......if u no get work come dey polish my shoe b4 I go offix joor

grin grin Jonah and PEJ can't pay me talk less of an office boy like you.... I am thoroughly entertained from rattling wannabe commentators like you and many kid glove punchers on this thread. Never point a gun at a general and never shoot. MOP is a certified general and to bring him to have a rethink on his utterances, he needs to know how mad he has become.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 22, 2013
abysirius: Stop being stupid!Achebe with all that he was chased Nobel Laureate Price to his grave. Olaolufred isn't d only 1 that admires WS. The whole world does. Ask ur village head I'm sure he will tutor u that Nobel Laureate Prize is not for fools but gr8 minds. Left to me, apart from PEG being the worst first lady ever with his non-performing shoeless husband as the president, she is a non-issue and shouldn't matter.
I LOVE THIS... 1000 Likes abeg
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by nitrogen(m): 9:46pm On Jul 22, 2013
akpomeme:
grin grin Jonah and PEJ can't pay me talk less of an office boy like you.... I am thoroughly entertained from rattling wannabe commentators like you and many kid glove punchers on this thread. Never point a gun at a general and never shoot. MOP is a certified general and to bring him to have a rethink on his utterances, he needs to know how mad he has become.
Lies! I can bet it that you are eating from the crumbs that fall off the mistress' table.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by akpomeme(m): 9:51pm On Jul 22, 2013
nitrogen:
Lies! I can bet it that you are eating from the crumbs that fall off the mistress' table.
But I am not.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by lee007(m): 9:51pm On Jul 22, 2013
Fact remains that if the Nigerian oil, the only leverage the south-south has, (which is not giving us anything per say) should dry up, then we all must in trouble for the following reasons.

1. South-south is largely uneducated; I mean the present generation of south-south youths with the exception for those in other parts of the country where they have better chance of decent and sound education and career, they will become a huge burden.
2. The current sophistication of crime and banditry in Nigeria was as a result of the activity of militants in the creeks and now spread all over the SE and SW part of the country
3. South-south leaders are practically incapable to talking to their people because they are not respected as a lot of them have been involved in the illegal oil bunkering going on in the region for a while
4. At the national level the SS people have not been able to partner successfully with any power block due to arrogance over ownership of the oil wealth of the nation.
5. The SE is more self reliant compared to the SS despite the presence of oil SE is more economically active than the SS
6. Without oil SS will be worse than the North, at least the north has learnt to survive and have political power to their advantage oil or no oil, the SS is presently burning all bridges for a man who doesn’t really care about anybody.
Instead of the people of SS to sit down with Prof WS and find out how to move the country forward and put the president’s wife in place, they are busy raining abuses on him. We will see who laughs last!

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by ghostofsparta(m): 9:54pm On Jul 22, 2013
PointB: How many times have Patience Ebele Jonathan - the victim of these unprovoked attacks- responded to Wole Soyinka ungentlemanly, immature, chauvinistic derision?

[size=15pt] The answer is zero times and it's probably because she's now aware of the keen listeners out there waiting to laugh at whatever [usually incorrect] grammar she dare utter to say as a response to the Professor[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by jaymichael(m): 9:54pm On Jul 22, 2013
PointB: Let's look at it this way. How many times have Patience Ebele Jonathan - the victim of these unprovoked attacks- responded to Wole Soyinka ungentlemanly, immature, chauvinistic derision? Just once - in a mild press release to express her displeasure at Wole Soyinka's diatribe.

Subsequently, Wole Soyinka have called her 'illiterate', 'mammy wata, hippopotami.' and now 'shepopotamus'? Looks to me like the almighty WS is raring for a fight with a 'mere domestic appendage.' Incidentally, PEJ has borne all these vitriolic attacks calmly without uttering another word to Soyinka.

Women (forgive me if I sound a bit like Soyinka's but I mean no disrespect) are know to be more chatty/loquacious in comparison to men. Now the question I begin to ask myself is this: between Soyinka and PEJ who is more mature? Who really is the man here? The angry and loquacious Soyinka or the patient Patience? But with men like like Wole Soyinka, I bet indeed some mothers do have 'em!

I hope Patience continues to keep a dignified silence, in the face of this continue provocation. Shame that Soyinka's stock is falling - with every myopic outburst of his!
dignified silence my YANSH! when Obasanjo was president, you people abused him, calling him ugly, monkey etc. etc.. you people saw no big deal in that. Now its mama HIPPO turn, she has now become somebody's wife. Was Obasanjo not somebody's husband? true true he ugly but that is because he is old. Talk true from your mind, maddam UMBLERA no resemble HIPPO? @least she get HIPPO shape.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by ALTRUTH(m): 9:56pm On Jul 22, 2013
Leystra:
I LOVE THIS... 1000 Likes abeg

You stop being silly! Achebe did not get the Nobel prize because he did not recognize 'White Master' in his works and not because Soyinka is better than him. Achebe was a 'Nobel' material. For your information, Achebe is internationally more popular than Soyinka in literature.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by chromoTop: 9:56pm On Jul 22, 2013
anago12:
thank you so much! I get so frustrated reading some arguments here that I don't bother commenting. who in his right thinking sense supports Jonathan and his wife? it beats me!
That nation dragged that noble man into this mud fight, and I wait when evil prevails.
just understanding why the country's best minds are moving out fast.

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by chino11(m): 9:58pm On Jul 22, 2013
Akpomeme has taken this ofemmmmanus to the cleaners.. grin grin grin grin

Soyenka a common cultist is becoming a wild..he needs to be tamed. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 22, 2013
The Presidency will be regreting now for daring WS. I pity them because nobody can calm him, except he sees a change.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Pennywise(m): 10:00pm On Jul 22, 2013
In due course the govt will realize that its biggest mistake in addressing the PR flaws of the nation's first citizen and his wife is employing wannabe hack writers on NL to malign popular and respected Nigerian figures who have done nothing but attepmted to draw attention to the excesses of GEJ and his wife.

The respected prof has done his assessment and decided Nigeria's first lady is an intellectual failure and a national disgrace. He has moved on. His opinion would have gone unnoticed to most Nigerians including my humble self until somebody decided he must properly earn his living by writing garbage.

Instead of elevating his paymasters Akpomiemie and his gang has brought odium and disgrace of epic and historical proportion on his paymaster on NL. Issues bordering on personal integrity involving Jonathan and his wife that in d past didnt go beyond 1-2pages is now going the distance.

Like all other policies of Jonathan and his govt, this has been a complete failure. Much of the dirt being heaped on GEJ and his wife could have been avoided. No one knows akpomiemie. He is just the man who cashes the cheque.

When will jonathan realize that this is no way to go and pull the plug on all these parasites that bring nothing to d table.

The US president and his family is probably the most criticized in d world. But they know better than have an akpomiemie on their payroll. I am not impressed by him and his gang. Most pple here are not.

5 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by bongila(f): 10:02pm On Jul 22, 2013
akpomeme:

My dear it is what it is. Dementsia no dey look face.
You've earned my respect brah.... Speak on!
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by lee007(m): 10:03pm On Jul 22, 2013
ALTRUTH:

You stop being silly! Achebe did not get the Nobel prize because he did not recognize 'White Master' in his works and not because Soyinka is better than him. Achebe was a 'Nobel' material. For your information, Achebe is internationally more popular than Soyinka in literature.

CANT BELIVE YOU GUYS ARE STILL CRYING OVER THIS ACHEBE'S THING, HOW CAN YOU GET NOBEL PRIZE FOR THINGS FALL APART? JUST ONE GREAT BOOK?

CHIE! THIS PEOPLE SHA, THE STANDARD OUT THERE IS FAR GREATER THAN FOR A LOCAL CHAMPION ABEG? SOYINKA DISCOVERED THIS, EMPLORED IT AND GBAM! NOBEL PRIZE!!! ITS AS SIMPLE AS ABC, ONLY IF YOU LEAVE ALL THIS UNA ABA TALK AND GET SOME QUALITY SCHOOLING....KONJI TO BADT GAN!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by ALTRUTH(m): 10:04pm On Jul 22, 2013
Ola Johnson: The Presidency will be regreting now for daring WS. I pity them because nobody can calm him, except he sees a change.

Are you mad? Who is wole soyinka that the presidency will regret anything because of him You yorubas are really living in a false sense of importance. You will wake up from your slumber soon!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 22, 2013
ALTRUTH:

You're comparing a dead man with a living legend. You've not seen WS, if you have, you'll know the respect he commands.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by abysirius(m): 10:05pm On Jul 22, 2013
ALTRUTH:

...say that to ur fellow fools!
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by ALTRUTH(m): 10:08pm On Jul 22, 2013
lee007:

CANT BELIVE YOU GUYS ARE STILL CRYING OVER THIS ACHEBE'S THING, HOW CAN YOU GET NOBEL PRIZE FOR THINGS FALL APART? JUST ONE GREAT BOOK?

CHIE! THIS PEOPLE SHA, THE STANDARD OUT THERE IS FAR GREATER THAN FOR A LOCAL CHAMPION ABEG? SOYINKA DISCOVERED THIS, EMPLORED IT AND GBAM! NOBEL PRIZE!!! ITS AS SIMPLE AS ABC, ONLY IF YOU LEAVE ALL THIS UNA ABA TALK AND GET SOME QUALITY SCHOOLING....KONJI TO BADT GAN!

And you are still crying over this soyinka thing? Keep popping champagne and living in a self-created false sense of importance. Soyinka is not better than Achebe in any way. Take it or leave it. Until you stop all these ogbomoso talk, then you start reasoning well.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

The World's Most Educated President Is An African. Find Out Who The Person Is / Ekweremadu Sells 2 US Properties Below Market Value To Stop Gov't Seizure - SR / Checkout What APC Posted On Twitter (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.