Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? (13362 Views)

And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... / Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! / I Stole 170 Pounds To Help My Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by denzel2009: 9:25pm On Jul 28, 2013
chaircover:

Ouch!!! ive been caught out

Okay let me confess. Aldi too embarassed tongue grin

As a matter of fact, Lidl has the best orange juice. £1 shop, boots, superdrug have the same wholesaler. Don't waste your money wink
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 28, 2013
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 28, 2013
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by EfemenaXY: 9:29pm On Jul 28, 2013
I love Morrisons. Surprised no one's mentioned them yet cheesy

2 Likes

Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 28, 2013
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by r231(m): 9:32pm On Jul 28, 2013
coogar:

waitrose is my favourite - their products are in high definition!

Never been to one cheesy grin

I was looking for sandwich or something earlier today in Croydon and somebody direct me to waitrose luckily there is McDonald next door cheesy grin

Thank God grin
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by damiso(f): 9:33pm On Jul 28, 2013
chaircover:

Ha! so I go into LIDL for orange juice, then drive down to ASDA for the rest of my shopping. what I save on juice i waste on petrol. Denzel na wa for you o! you dont have any pity for me at all at all cheesy

No but seriously their orange juice is point.I used to be a lidl snub until I drank their juice in a friends house.Really nice.As good as or even better than tropicana.
I am with CC, I cant buy plantain in Tesco lai lai.

Am not a tesco fan but as Coogar said they are everywhere. The one in area is an extra so one way or the other you find yourself going in there.

I love Sainsburys and M&S own product range the most though.
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by denzel2009: 9:35pm On Jul 28, 2013
chaircover:

Ha! so I go into LIDL for orange juice, then drive down to ASDA for the rest of my shopping. what I save on juice i waste on petrol. Denzel na wa for you o! you dont have any pity for me at all at all cheesy

Lol, why would you drive to ASDA when you can easily push trolley from LIDL to ASDA?
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 28, 2013
Err.. I think Sainsbury's has the best stuffs (maybe I'm biased cos I worked there at age 16/17). Lidl has the best plum tomatoes(according to mum) and I like their scotch egg, baked beans and apple crumble pie. And Iceland is the best for frozen food.
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 28, 2013
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 28, 2013
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by r231(m): 9:39pm On Jul 28, 2013
chaircover:

happy meal abi tongue grin grin

Deli of the day grin cheesy
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 28, 2013
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by coogar: 9:41pm On Jul 28, 2013
r231:

I was looking for sandwich or something earlier today in Croydon and somebody direct me to waitrose luckily there is McDonald next door cheesy grin

Thank God grin

waitrose stock the best products - their fruit drinks are addictive. yes, they are quite expensive but who cares. sainsburys are 2nd choice for me. i can't be bothered about the others.
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by damiso(f): 9:41pm On Jul 28, 2013
My SIL is the wierdest person ever, she draws uplists, goes to my ssupermarket.com, then checks the prices of everything she wants to buy.She then ticks what cheapest at what shop and goes there shocked

So on one Saturday,she drives to Tesco, Asda, Sainsburys, Morrisons, Lidl all just looking for bargain.Pennywise pound and time foolish IMO cos what of the cost of petrol or time she could have been lounging.She is always urging me to try it but lai lai I no get time for that one.Ahan on top maybe pata pata 15 pounds savings . besides all shops do price match so whats the point.When I say that, she says ok but hen Iceland has the best prawns, Tesco has best mixed veg, bla bla by then I've tuned off grin grin grin
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by EfemenaXY: 9:43pm On Jul 28, 2013
chaircover:

Efe morrisons is the only food shop that closes at 8pm everyday or is it 10pm sef, so people dont really patronize it. Its very strange because it is a huge shop and I cant for the life of me understand why they are not open 24 hours like all the others.

I know, but I just love them die. Shame Netto isn't in operation. At least not where we live. Those were real Pound Stretchers especially come Xmas. A huge, huge, turkey would go 2 for £10 or similar (limited special offers). Speaking of which, I always buy my turkeys end of Oct / early Nov and deep freeze till night of 23rd Dec... tongue

Anyway, There's a 24 hours store hubby always goes to for shopping. Can't for the life of me remember which? Aldi abi Asda?? undecided undecided

r231:

Thank God grin

Do you know, at the East Croydon shopping centre, there used to be a Chinese guy that sold lovely coconut cakes / coconut sandwhiches? That was a couple of years ago. Used to stop over at lunch time unfailingly...lovely... and really good value for money too. cheesy cheesy
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by r231(m): 9:44pm On Jul 28, 2013
chaircover:

stop frontin ooooo! tongue

Fish finger happy meal £1.99 grin grin

Deli of the day is £1.99 too grin cheesy

Just needed something to keep me from sleeping in the boring class cheesy
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by EfemenaXY: 9:47pm On Jul 28, 2013
chaircover:

stop frontin ooooo! tongue

Fish finger happy meal £1.99 grin grin

McDonald Happy meals are £2.39 where I live o! sad sad
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by coogar: 9:48pm On Jul 28, 2013
i cannot believe no one has mentioned iceland. i am very sure those stolen goods. you can buy a whole house for £20 @ iceland. there was a time i entered one and their coke in a pack = buy 1, get 3 free.
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by EfemenaXY: 9:48pm On Jul 28, 2013
^^ Haha!!

Did you check the expiry date??
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by damiso(f): 9:48pm On Jul 28, 2013
chaircover:

LooooooL abi oooooo grin grin grin grin

I think I know what village you stay in if you can push trolley from Asda to Lidl. winkMy SIL stays there.
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 28, 2013
Iceland is the place !!!!! Ready made food galore cool tongue grin
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by r231(m): 9:50pm On Jul 28, 2013
coogar: i cannot believe no one has mentioned iceland. i am very sure those stolen goods. you can buy a whole house for £20 @ iceland. there was a time i entered one and their coke in a pack = buy 1, get 3 free.

Says who undecided

Iceland is expensive you know grin
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by r231(m): 9:51pm On Jul 28, 2013
adaobi123: Iceland is the place !!!!! Ready made food galore cool tongue grin

Iceland not Island Buka grin
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 28, 2013
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by coogar: 9:52pm On Jul 28, 2013
r231:
Says who undecided
Iceland is expensive you know grin

expensive what? it's the cheapest store i have been. they would still cajole you to get their store card which gives you another 10% extra discount or so.

Efemena_xy: ^^ Haha!!
Did you check the expiry date??

i did, the expiry date was intact.
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 28, 2013
r231:

Iceland not Island Buka grin

grin

But for real, those £1 £2 meals. Chuck'em in the oven/microwave and you're set cool
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by r231(m): 9:54pm On Jul 28, 2013
coogar:

expensive what? it's the cheapest store i have been. they would still cajole you to get their store card which gives you another 10% extra discount or so.

Iceland range from £1 to £5
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by r231(m): 9:55pm On Jul 28, 2013
adaobi123:

grin

But for real, those £1 £2 meals. Chuck'em in the oven/microwave and your set cool

I don't eat wha t I can't pronounce grin cheesy
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 28, 2013
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 28, 2013
r231:

I don't eat wha t I can't pronounce grin cheesy

Lmaooo grin

But still nothing beats Iceland
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by coogar: 9:57pm On Jul 28, 2013
r231:
Iceland range from £1 to £5

their crate of fat eggs(30) is £1. those people sell stolen goods. i can't be convinced there's no catch.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? / Ways To Be A Good Working Wife / Is This Breastfeeding Or Bosom Display & I Wasn't Looking Too Much?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.