Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,030 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? (13364 Views)

And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... / Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! / I Stole 170 Pounds To Help My Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by damiso(f): 9:58pm On Jul 28, 2013
coogar:

expensive what? it's the cheapest store i have been. they would still cajole you to get their store card which gives you another 10% extra discount or so.

Their store card is useless.I really dont know the pointundecidedOk maybe free delivery if you spend over £25.Coming from a loyalty card major.My husband is always shaking his head when I say Oh no you stopped at Tesco why didn't you tell me na now iv lost points grin.If he says am picking up something at Boots, I say I'll pick it dont worry you wont get the points grin.He thinks loyalty cards are scams.
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by r231(m): 9:58pm On Jul 28, 2013
adaobi123:

Lmaooo grin

But still nothing beats Iceland

They have the best spinach even better than the naija stores cheesy
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 28, 2013
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by coogar: 10:00pm On Jul 28, 2013
damiso:
Their store card is useless.I really dont know the pointundecidedOk maybe free delivery if you spend over £25.Coming from a loyalty card major.My husband is always shaking his head when I say Oh no you stopped at Tesco why didn't you tell me na now iv lost points grin.If he says am picking up something at Boots, I say I'll pick dont worry it you wont get the points grin.He thinks loyalty cards are scams.

they are scams and not only that, i think it's perverse too for stores to know what you eat and use. they basically know your lifestyle. i try as much as possible to avoid anything that leaves digital footprint!
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by r231(m): 10:01pm On Jul 28, 2013
damiso:

Their store card is useless.I really dont know the pointundecidedOk maybe free delivery if you spend over £25.Coming from a loyalty card major.My husband is always shaking his head when I say Oh no you stopped at Tesco why didn't you tell me na now iv lost points grin.If he says am picking up something at Boots, I say I'll pick it dont worry you wont get the points grin.He thinks loyalty cards are scams.

I don't see the point either........been buying petrol from Sainsburys for donkey years now and getting points on the nectar card crap and still they are not giving me free petrol grin
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by denzel2009: 10:01pm On Jul 28, 2013
chaircover:

Dont mind denzil. You cant. You will get run over.

It's Denzel dammit angry angry

coogar:

expensive what? it's the cheapest store i have been. they would still cajole you to get their store card which gives you another 10% extra discount or so.

I thought you only shop at Waitrose and Sainsbury's
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 28, 2013
r231:

They have the best spinach even better than the naija stores cheesy

I agree
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by r231(m): 10:02pm On Jul 28, 2013
chaircover:

no one beats tesco for spinach ooooo

You need to try it grin
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 28, 2013
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by r231(m): 10:04pm On Jul 28, 2013
chaircover:

whats the yoruba version of your name. Maybe I will get that one right cheesy

Dekunle Fuji grin
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by EfemenaXY: 10:04pm On Jul 28, 2013
r231:

Iceland range from £1 to £5

I actually think Iceland are a rip-off.

Nothing there ever sells for less than a pound. You can get a fat juicy cucumber, a bag of fresh carrots, lettuce, etc for less than £1, unlike Iceland
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by denzel2009: 10:05pm On Jul 28, 2013
chaircover:

whats the yoruba version of your name. Maybe I will get that one right cheesy

I'm not Yoruba. I'm a thoroughbred Efik.
r231:

Dekunle Fuji grin

Let me catch you o.

BTW, how much you go ship 1 piece of blackberry phone to Naija for me?
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 28, 2013
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by coogar: 10:06pm On Jul 28, 2013
denzel2009:
I thought you only shop at Waitrose and Sainsbury's

the little shops come handy when i have to work away from home for weeks. the nearest shop to my base in that area becomes my default shop till i go home. we don't even have iceland or lidl/aldi in my borough. grin
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by r231(m): 10:06pm On Jul 28, 2013
Efemena_xy:

I actually think Iceland are a rip-off.

Nothing there ever sells for less than a pound. You can get a fat juicy cucumber, a bag of fresh carrots, lettuce, etc for less than £1, unlike Iceland

See coogar didn't know that cheesy

Their toilet roll is nice too grin cheesy and its a pound
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by damiso(f): 10:07pm On Jul 28, 2013
coogar:

they are scams and not only that, i think it's perverse too for stores to know what you eat and use. they basically know your lifestyle. i try as much as possible to avoid anything that leaves digital footprint!

E de eyin oni conspiracy theory(you conspiracy theorists have come). grin grin. True,sha cos I realised Tesco started sending me stuff (vouchers ) based on what I buy.

r231:

I don't see the point either........been buying petrol from Sainsburys for donkey years now and getting points on the nectar card crap and still they are not giving me free petrol grin

Use your nectar points for air miles.Thats what I use them for.My tesco points too.Though you are right sha all my points have still not gotten me a return ticket to Florida grin
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 28, 2013
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by r231(m): 10:07pm On Jul 28, 2013
denzel2009:

I'm not Yoruba. I'm a thoroughbred Efik.

Let me catch you o.

BTW, how much you go ship 1 piece of blackberry phone to Naija for me?

Just one or trailer load grin
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 28, 2013
@Coogar

The cheapest has to be between farm foods and netto.

You can buy a whole house in those stores with just £20.
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by EfemenaXY: 10:10pm On Jul 28, 2013
damiso:

Ohhh!! I love Boots!

I'm such a sucker for their baby products / cosmetics. My perfumes, toiletries et al, all from Boots...and I NEVER ever miss a chance to top up my Advantage card points, especially as I'm part of the Parenting Club where for every baby product you buy (except SMA), your advantage card points are multiplied by 10!

I had about £120 worth of Advantage Card points last Christmas and spent them all on pressies and stuff before travelling to Naija for the xmas hols. Started building up those points again...I think I've accumulated about £80 or thereabouts.

Hubby calls me Mrs Boots! shocked shocked Can you imagine? cool tongue tongue
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by denzel2009: 10:11pm On Jul 28, 2013
chaircover:

Okay then . . I will pronounce it the yoruba way (ibadan way to be precise)

Denseliiiiii

shocked shocked shocked where is your agbole in Ibadan? Mine is saka pena very close to Ogbere tioya

r231:

Just one or trailer load grin

Just one ni jare.
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by r231(m): 10:11pm On Jul 28, 2013
shymexx: @Coogar

They closed the one in Peckham
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by damiso(f): 10:14pm On Jul 28, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Ohhh!! I love Boots!

I'm such a sucker for their baby products / cosmetics. My perfumes, toiletries et al, all from Boots...and I NEVER ever miss a chance to top up my Advantage card points, especially as I'm part of the Parenting Club where for every baby product you buy (except SMA), your advantage card points are multiplied by 10!

I had about £120 worth of Advantage Card points last Christmas and spent them all on pressies and stuff before travelling to Naija for the xmas hols. Started building up those points again...I think I've accumulated about £80 or thereabouts.

Hubby calls me Mrs Boots! shocked shocked Can you imagine? cool tongue tongue
Me too though to be honest sometimes their baby stuff is pricier than other stores.But I still buy them anyway, you are my elder sha cos I think I just have about 40 something quid at the mo.I also use them at Christmas for pressies.They are my standard go to place for secret santa and nur teacher Christmas pressies.
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 28, 2013
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by coogar: 10:15pm On Jul 28, 2013
damiso:
E de eyin oni conspiracy theory(you conspiracy theorists have come). grin grin. True,sha cos I realised Tesco started sending me stuff (vouchers ) based on what I buy.

they basically want you to stay loyal to them forever.

shymexx: @Coogar

i heard costco is cheap too.....never been there though!
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by r231(m): 10:17pm On Jul 28, 2013
denzel2009:

shocked shocked shocked where is your agbole in Ibadan? Mine is saka pena very close to Ogbere tioya

Just one ni jare.

For you £20 pere grin
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by denzel2009: 10:20pm On Jul 28, 2013
chaircover:

My agbole is Bodija tongue grin grin grin

but seriously where is that area you just mentioned?

Awon posss Ibadan gehls. You don't know Ogbere agugu, orita merin, labaowo ode olo, isale asaka? You need some sightseeing tour of Ibadan.

r231:

For you £20 pere grin

I will get back to you on this if I no see Person to take am for me.
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by EfemenaXY: 10:21pm On Jul 28, 2013
r231:

See coogar didn't know that cheesy

Their toilet roll is nice too grin cheesy and its a pound

Even toilet rolls get levels o!

You can buy the big, more expensive, soft, Ajebutter-ish Andrex toilet rolls at £3.00 for a pack of 9

or the Ajekpako, 18 in a packet for £2.99 cheesy
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by coogar: 10:24pm On Jul 28, 2013
Efemena_xy:

You can buy the big, more expensive, soft, Ajebutter-ish Andrex toilet rolls at £3.00 for a pack of 9

try the ones sold in naija, you would scream using them. the quality is like sandpaper. grin cheesy
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by damiso(f): 10:25pm On Jul 28, 2013
R231 will you ship a 5 kilo package and not charge for 20 kilos like all these my cargo people.I know you guys charge a £20 admin fee which I dont mind but why should I pay for 15 extra kilos?
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by EnairatofroUK: 10:26pm On Jul 28, 2013
Efemena_xy:

u never see wahala, dat Andrex dey block toilet o my boys go use half of the roll at once then try flush the toilet, over flow don start be dat o,

£1 shop toilet paper is the best, as e dey enter water na so e dey melt.

talking from experiece grin
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by damiso(f): 10:26pm On Jul 28, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Be kind to your bum grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? / Ways To Be A Good Working Wife / Is This Breastfeeding Or Bosom Display & I Wasn't Looking Too Much?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.