Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,194 members, 7,815,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? (48475 Views)

The Electrical Installation Of A Proposed 3 Bed Room Block Of 6 Flats.. / How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat. / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? by Fhemmmy: 1:38pm On Aug 27, 2013
Keep teaching us jare . . .
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? by mufutau55(m): 4:00pm On Aug 27, 2013
Fhemmmy: Keep teaching us jare . . .

Do I love to learn or what! Look at the explanations of Spyder880 and Diordaves in the previous page.. and you will see one of the advantages of being on this forum. Learning! Learning!! and Learning!!!

Hajji Mufutau
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? by Fhemmmy: 4:01pm On Aug 27, 2013
mufutau55:

Do I love to learn or what! Look at the explanations of Spyder880 and Diordaves in the previous page.. and you will see one of the advantages of being on this forum. Learning! Learning!! and Learning!!!

Hajji Mufutau

Honestly, no amount of classroom could have thought me all i have learnt on these threads
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? by mufutau55(m): 4:08pm On Aug 27, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Honestly, no amount of classroom could have thought me all i have learnt on these threads

Before I joined Property Forum and all the excellent professional thread.. You know I never know the differences in the soil usage.. but now I am learning so much.. I am appreciating all the professionals with experience that we have here..
Some teachers/professionals/peoples just rely on their college with books.. no practical experience.. This is work...
So, I am taking this time to thank all the professionals with pratical expriences that are teaching us (the novices) here everyday..

Hajji Mufutau
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? by kopell: 6:53pm On Aug 27, 2013
Yes man love to ask questions, professionals in the house will take their time to explain. I'm loving it.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? by mufutau55(m): 7:11pm On Aug 27, 2013
kopell: Yes man love to ask questions, professionals in the house will take their time to explain. I'm loving it.

That is why I sometimes ask some questions that seems idiotmatic.. that is because I am anovice and I want to learn.
My Professors always say "No question is stupid", just ask and be done with it.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? by segcymoor(m): 11:02pm On Aug 27, 2013
Spyder man. It seem u are very busy here and there. My advise for u is to engage as many IT students as possible: they will appreciate to learn and earn token for that.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? by spyder880(m): 11:28pm On Aug 27, 2013
segcy.moor:
Spyder man. It seem u are very busy here and there. My advise for u is to engage as many IT students as possible: they will appreciate to learn and earn token for that.

Thanks for the suggestion, welcome bro.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? by Fhemmmy: 1:24pm On Aug 28, 2013
mufutau55:

Before I joined Property Forum and all the excellent professional thread.. You know I never know the differences in the soil usage.. but now I am learning so much.. I am appreciating all the professionals with experience that we have here..
Some teachers/professionals/peoples just rely on their college with books.. no practical experience.. This is work...
So, I am taking this time to thank all the professionals with pratical expriences that are teaching us (the novices) here everyday..

Hajji Mufutau

Chairman, i cant even place a figure on the cost of what i have learnt on these gentlemen's thread and for sure waiting for me to do business with them, by the grace of God
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? by spyder880(m): 10:22pm On Aug 28, 2013
Work has been very impressive here in this site, all the filling work is done and compacting/watering the foundation for possible sinking is ongoing. Not much sinking just as I expected because of the sharp sand.

We got so many trips of sand delivered into this site today, stones coming in tomorrow morning, casting of this DPC might happen as from tomorrow or next, more pictures later.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? by Aventures(m): 12:05pm On Aug 29, 2013
spyder880:

Thank you Diordaves for those valid points but I think we are talking about two different situations here. The question I answered was whether sharp sand is a more suitable material for back-filling a foundation, of which I gave a positive answer.

What I think you are describing is whether sharp sand is a better soil for the load bearing of a house, of which you rightly pointed out that it is not. Refer to the first few pictures of this foundation and see that the topography of this site, and most of Enugu town is sitting on a rocky crust, not sharp sand.

Now lets talk about the shifting qualities of sharp sand, only sharp sand on the surface can shift, like the beach cheesy you cannot exert a vertical pressure on sharp sand contained inside a foundation. The sharp sand, when poured into a foundation, held in place by the foundation walls cannot compress any further, the trick is the coarseness. Water, or other weather agents like air cannot affect the sharp sand inside a foundation. Sharp sand is permeable to air and water but hardly compresses downwards.

We have done so many experiments on this before, but I want you to try it,fill a metal bucket, or a soak away pit for instance with sharp sand, now pour enough quantities of water into it and try to make it compress,you will notice that the level will always remain the same.
Try it in a foundation also, sharp sand does not have any vertical compression qualities because it is coarse. Other soil types are elastic, and so can settle deeper with the movement of water. Thank you Sir.
GOOD AND LOGICAL POINTS FROM BOTH PARTIES. SURE COARSE AGGREGATES IS THE BEST FOR SAND FILLING CHECK MOST OF THE ROADS ON GOING PRESENTLY IN LAGOS AND I WANT TO BELIEVE IN NIGERIA GENERALLY, THEY ARE ALL USING SHARP SAND FOR THE BASE. SHARP SAND COMPRESSES EASILY AND IT REMAINS COMPRESS, IT RESIST LATERALL PRESSURE THAN ANY OTHER SAND. BUT DIORDAVE IS EQUALLY MAKING 2 VALID POINTS THAT SHOULD BE CLEAR TO US ALL, IF YOU FILL WITH SHARP SAND IN AN AREA WITH HIGH WATER TABLE LEVEL BECAUSE OF ITS HIGH CAPILLARITY ABILITY IT WELL IN DAMPEN YOUR HOUSE VERY WELL, BUT YET THERE IS A SOLUTION TO DAMPNESS (DPM, WATER PROOFING ADMIXTURES ETC). SECOND POINT IS THAT WHEREEVER SHARP SAND IS USED FOR FILLING WE SHOULD ENSURE THAT THERE WONT BE ANY UNDERMINING (I:E THERE SHOULD NOT BE ANY AVENUE FOR WATER TO PERCOLATE THRU UNDERNEAT THE FDN) IF THIS HAPPENS THE SHARP SAND IS WEAK IN THIS ASPECTS AS IT WILL NATURALLY WASHED OUT AND LIVING SOME PART OF YOUR FDN EMPTY AND CAVING IN CAN OCCUR ON THE SLAB

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? by kopell: 12:35pm On Aug 29, 2013
@ Adventure good explanation, how far with your foundation project in Ikorodu Abi you no want your student see the finished job.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? by ifebosco: 2:32pm On Aug 29, 2013
spyder880: Work has been very impressive here in this site, all the filling work is done and compacting/watering the foundation for possible sinking is ongoing. Not much sinking just as I expected because of the sharp sand.

We got so many trips of sand delivered into this site today, stones coming in tomorrow morning, casting of this DPC might happen as from tomorrow or next, more pictures later.
spyder
send me your email, i have some private questions for you,thanks and keep up your good work
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? by spyder880(m): 6:20pm On Aug 29, 2013
ifebosco: spyder
send me your email, i have some private questions for you,thanks and keep up your good work

ckenneths@yahoo.co.uk
tigerkenn@gmail.com
mobile +2348033350750
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? by spyder880(m): 3:07am On Aug 30, 2013
DPC casting starts here, more pictures later today as we wrap up the first stage here.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? by Aventures(m): 11:54am On Aug 30, 2013
@Kopell
i have updated the tread to the point of capping the foundation block at DPC level and also with Cost update. Presently we are doing backfilling, and septic tank using the sand to fill, i will update the tread later. Tx
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? by Fhemmmy: 1:21pm On Aug 30, 2013
Eyes are itchy
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? by spyder880(m): 7:06pm On Aug 30, 2013
Fhemmmy: Eyes are itchy

Be sure I wont disappoint, more pics tonight.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? by spyder880(m): 10:49pm On Aug 30, 2013
after the sand filling......., ponding and ramming.......

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? by spyder880(m): 10:51pm On Aug 30, 2013
casting started

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? by spyder880(m): 10:52pm On Aug 30, 2013
more areas cast already

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? by spyder880(m): 10:53pm On Aug 30, 2013
completed areas, walling starts as from Monday.

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? by Fhemmmy: 11:00pm On Aug 30, 2013
Waoh , , ,
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? by mufutau55(m): 11:35pm On Aug 30, 2013
Fhemmmy: Waoh , , ,

Look at how smooth and straight that DPC looked.. Wonderful work by the staff of Spyder at all time.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? by diordaves(m): 11:50pm On Aug 30, 2013
Superb cement ratio mix and good execution. Well done
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? by dannydolly: 12:32am On Aug 31, 2013
This is education at its best. Spydo, keep up the great work. Building made easy.

@Spyder, please don't forget to update the cost aspect when the casting is done I'm really interested in knowing this.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? by spyder880(m): 7:06am On Aug 31, 2013
dannydolly: This is education at its best. Spydo, keep up the great work. Building made easy.

@Spyder, please don't forget to update the cost aspect when the casting is done I'm really interested in knowing this.

The whole of this foundation, excavation, materials, labour, the plastic tank, settlement of govt officials, everything till the DPC was cast cost us N1,896,600.00.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? by Natudu: 4:38pm On Aug 31, 2013
Late comer, but present Sir, nevertheless.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? by Fhemmmy: 10:53pm On Aug 31, 2013
Still coming out great
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? by segcymoor(m): 3:10pm On Sep 01, 2013
In the first I nd to apologize for all students of spyder because I know u hate it when we spoke against ur Prof. Anyway I must commend him for doing well but I nd to point this out ur iron Bender for this project deserve quarry .....d starter bar is too short. I stand to be corrected
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? by spyder880(m): 9:13pm On Sep 01, 2013
segcy.moor:
In the first I nd to apologize for all students of spyder because I know u hate it when we spoke against ur Prof. Anyway I must commend him for doing well but I nd to point this out ur iron Bender for this project deserve quarry .....d starter bar is too short. I stand to be corrected

Noted, thanks.

Final pictures of the completed DPC.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? by spyder880(m): 9:11pm On Sep 02, 2013
We offloaded more than 1400 blocks in this site today. Trips of Sand, cement, water and rods are also involved. Work starts tomorrow here, lets wall this first floor and create the rooms. More blocks and other materials to be offloaded tomorrow cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Lady Laments As Flood Takes Over Her Street Where She Pays N4 Million A Year As / Man's House In Jakande, Lekki Flooded (Photo) / 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.