Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,513 members, 7,816,243 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? (36334 Views)

This Is Where Fayose Plans To Build Airport In Ekiti(photos) / Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others / Canada To Deport A Nigerians’ Hater, Kemi Omololu-olunloyo Back To Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by solomon111(m): 3:23am On Aug 16, 2013
Pattey:

Listing random countries doesn't mean anything. . . Tell us how it relates to the post; I.e. Yoruba's being in detention in those places. . . Aye mate?!
shut up you brainless moronn.
What's the meaning of "are yorubas in detention in those places"?
Are those in detention not Nigerians?
Which crime linked to Nigeria is alien to yorubas?
Pls tell when did internet-scamming,drug-peddling,identity-stealing,bank and credit card fraudsters of yoruba ethnic group become saints?
Idiota.

3 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by solomon111(m): 3:25am On Aug 16, 2013
zenatta: Poor, poor, Nigeria; its citizens at loggerheads with one another and it's peoples, mutilated mercilessly outside it's shores.
"Everyone hates Nigeria" is no longer a chant, a lullaby, but a ravaging epidemic.
What did this political entity do to deserve this. Be it as it may, what next. Should we go on, taking these insults laying low; pretending that as long as it is an isolated experience, life can go on. Or should we in our small corners start a revolution - to better the name of this great and always will be great country.
I used to hide behind my other country when Nigeria is being maltreated, shrugging non-chalantly and accusatorily but no more.
And I think you non-Nigerians on this thread, heaping insults on a prone giant, have a nerve. This giant will stand it's full height again. No condition is permanent.
lol
Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by THEAMAKA(f): 3:25am On Aug 16, 2013
As someone rightfully said, the Igbos are known for being "go-getters" at all costs. Look at Nigeria today, can you blame "go-getters" for seeking greener pasteurs and means of making money outside of the country when things are so frustrating within your shores? Many graduates don't finish until almost the age of 30, and by then still have to complete their NYSC. Then what percentage of those graduates can get jobs that fit their degree? Not even up to 50% I'm sure. What has Nigeria done for its citizens? The only thing I am against is the illegal activity Nigerians partake in outside of the country, because people will quickly like to label all Nigerians in a negative light (for obvious reasons).

But from the looks of things, many of the perpetrators are from SS as well. So what's this noise about Igbos on this thread? Is it everyone East of the Niger River that is now Igbo? SMH. Ignorant tribalists.

7 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Flygerian1(m): 3:28am On Aug 16, 2013
Na wao!
Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by bakynes(m): 3:33am On Aug 16, 2013
With respect to Igbos but you guys need to stay back home and stop going arnd and exploring the world.Even if you must do that learn from Indians and the lebanese who give due respect to their host,respect their culture and tradition.The same thing happening in Lagos,you call the Yorubas all sorts of names,you do not care abt their culture and tradiditon yet u value yours.Its getting to much and the FG needs to do something abt it under the Authority of the Foreign Minister b4 the world labels us as something else.

10 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Nobody: 3:38am On Aug 16, 2013
ayswags: Ibos are economic nomads,like what the Bleep are they looking for in botswana,a country even godforsaken nigeria is better than a million times

Shut up. Botswana is the most successful African Nation. OK. Go back to primary 5 and study social studies.

6 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Nobody: 3:51am On Aug 16, 2013
bakynes: With respect to Igbos but you guys need to stay back home and stop going arnd and exploring the world.Even if you must do that learn from Indians and the lebanese who give due respect to their host,respect their culture and tradition.The same thing happening in Lagos,you call the Yorubas all sorts of names,you do not care abt their culture and tradiditon yet u value yours.Its getting to much and the FG needs to do something abt it under the Authority of the Foreign Minister b4 the world labels us as something else.

Well said. Honestly, many Ibos dont behave fine in abroad. The problem other Africans have in abroad is by Nigerians (IGBOS).
Yesterday, an igbo man was arrested why? cos he borrowed money from his girl friend. When the girl need the money back, the yeye boy told the girl: HOW MUCH U PAID ME FOR FVCKING U? Imagine the arrogance.
The girl called police and police arrested many Africans in the compound.

6 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by tpia5: 3:54am On Aug 16, 2013
Isnt this matter of random sex getting out of hand these days, so much trouble over people's booty calls.

Why should the entire group of africans in the compound be arrested over one person's booty call issues?

Is the place a brothel?.

they probably dont have papers either, big wahala there
Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by clemfort: 3:54am On Aug 16, 2013
Ikengawo: The ignorance on this thread is record breaking

Botswana has the highest standard of living in Africa and is rated as the most stable government.
This is a result of neglected education for the generation of nigerians that are now old enough to travel. Nigerians have an extremely dim understanding of the rest of the world and themselves and will find themselves crawling the globe to humiliate their own lives. I don't believe it's primarily igbos by far that are leading this global foolishness, but before we start saying it's and igbo problem we have to realize it's really a national one.

Igbos are ambitious, nobody will take that from them but it's almost impossible to convince them what they own is better than what they can possiby own or have and that's what leads to their desperate nature.

Yorubas are fearful, nobody will take that from them either. A yoruba person is not going to risk what he has, even if it's very little, no matter the reward and don't typically think outside of what's theres. Many yorubas don't know there was a civil war in Nigeria.

The reason I point this difference out is because the igbo ignorance is manifesting in travelling the world blindly and becoming a nuisance and the yoruba ignorance is manifesting in not being able to think or look outside of the very narrow box they already have, hence poverty and a total ignorance of anything outside of their family and region. They typically don't want more because they don't know there's is more out there and would rather brag about whats been done that complain about the need to do more. the root of the problem is ignorance. While igbos are developing and even destroying other places, their homeland is neglected, and while yorubas are boxed in by fear their homeland remains stagnant. This is why the two regions of africa that should be the most developed, aren't.

ignorance mixed with our respective cultural nature isn't doing anything for us.
supported

1 Like

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by solomon111(m): 4:06am On Aug 16, 2013
Botswana is a very small place with very little population which probably accounts for the peace and steady development it has enjoyed.
The place is just a holiday resort,the market is not significant.
So i wonder what people are looking for there.

1 Like

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Nobody: 4:22am On Aug 16, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: come off that hoogar's hat madam.Google is your friend,I ain't gonna write a long epistle to explain something you already know.

[s] ttp://www.globalresearch.ca/nigeria-and-the-african-continent-under-the-brunt-of-western-imperialism-and-the-free-market/26828&sa=U&ei=BIYNUpPjEKir7AaJooGABg&ved=0CDYQFjAI&usg=AFQjCNGpIar0jVMN8fW1FQDt3SYFaLxd-A

http://www.opencanada.org/features/the-think-tank/comments/why-nigeria-isnt-ready-to-lead/

www.nairaland.com/1367194/nigeriastatistics-race-superpowerdom

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-11429067&sa=U&ei=BIYNUpPjEKir7AaJooGABg&ved=0CBkQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNFzH-z6s7GkYuvR_lH5nV-0rKJLng

www.gamji.com/article8000/NEWS8363.htm

www.trademarksa.org/news/nigeria-poised-become-africa-s-most-powerful-nation

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/new/a-hegemon-in-a-peripheral-region-the-future-of-nigerias-foreign-policy-2/
[/s]

My oh my! I am dealing with a prankster here. Did you even open or read any of the sources you posted here. undecided

What part says you call the shots? Are you okay
Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Nobody: 4:24am On Aug 16, 2013
Tony Spike:

I'm trying to make a sense of what you wrote up here. I'm a Yoruba and I don't generally agree that we are fearful. The difference between a Yoruba and an Igbo is basically between temperamental attitude and cultural programming. I won't bother explaining the concepts, but in the long run, a Yoruba is your typical calculative risk-taker, deep thinker, law-abiding, not necessarily over-ambitious, practical, quiet achiever and considerate. Temperamentally, the Yorubas are like the British, while the Igbos are like the Germans. Those two countries are always at loggerhead...hey, I'm not racist!

Based on my premises above, you can guess why Igbos are likely to be affected by any immigration laws wherever they are.
Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by adorable29(f): 4:43am On Aug 16, 2013
Its a shame and a pity! How the mighty hav fallen. We are gettin more divided and hence weaker by the day! So tey d foreigners dey OUR OWN FORUM dey spit on top our head becos we refuse to put our house in order! The Nigerians I know will unite and bamboozle who ever seeks to make a mockery of their country and afterwards go bk to fighting their "internal wars"..... SMH! Anyway, wether north east west or south, ds pple drivin us lik flies sees no difference (Nigerian я Nigerians to Dem) so y'll should deal with it! There are gud, bad nd ugly Igbos nd Yorubas in d diaspora nd their are no statistics to prove who does more crime or are into honest legitimate buisnesses abroad.... So make una chill abeg!

6 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Nobody: 5:07am On Aug 16, 2013
Operation Nigerians must go lol grin grin grin
Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Qelvin(m): 5:29am On Aug 16, 2013
femmyb: Operation Nigerians must go lol grin grin grin
grin grin grin useless country,i can't wait for Biafra to be a reality!

3 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by picoba(m): 5:29am On Aug 16, 2013
Mali will soon deport Nigerian too

3 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Gorrbachev: 5:32am On Aug 16, 2013
Doff_Man:

I laugh when I see people make ethnically motivated sweeping generalisations on nairaland, just like you did. The condescending manner in which these statements are made is mind blowing. Just for the sake of scoring cheap ethno-political points, you throw away education and sound reasoning?

You find nothing wrong in Ikengawa's comment and take offence at Tony Spike's response? grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by tpia5: 5:32am On Aug 16, 2013
Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Gorrbachev: 5:35am On Aug 16, 2013
Aigbofa:

There are probably Yoruba everywhere you find Igbo, you are just more likely to find the Igbo in the detention.

or being stabed or thrown out of buildings by taxi divers and petty criminals. case being Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, China, Indonesia.

1 Like

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Nobody: 5:38am On Aug 16, 2013
Botswana too? Anyway, since Lagos govt deported Nigerians in their own country, anything is possible undecided

2 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by THEAMAKA(f): 5:39am On Aug 16, 2013
bakynes: With respect to Igbos but you guys need to stay back home and stop going arnd and exploring the world.Even if you must do that learn from Indians and the lebanese who give due respect to their host,respect their culture and tradition.The same thing happening in Lagos,you call the Yorubas all sorts of names,you do not care abt their culture and tradiditon yet u value yours.Its getting to much and the FG needs to do something abt it under the Authority of the Foreign Minister b4 the world labels us as something else.

The only Igbo state mentioned in that article was Imo State. Now why is it that you skipped over Edo, Delta, and Rivers to talk about Igbos?

What is wrong with you people? SMH

2 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by SwitnessA(m): 5:41am On Aug 16, 2013
Tony Spike:

I'm trying to make a sense of what you wrote up here. I'm a Yoruba and I don't generally agree that we are fearful. The difference between a Yoruba and an Igbo is basically between temperamental attitude and cultural programming. I won't bother explaining the concepts, but in the long run, a Yoruba is your typical calculative risk-taker, deep thinker, law-abiding, not necessarily over-ambitious, practical, quiet achiever and considerate. Temperamentally, the Yorubas are like the British, while the Igbos are like the Germans. Those two countries are always at loggerhead...hey, I'm not racist!

Based on my premises above, you can guess why Igbos are likely to be affected by any immigration laws wherever they are.
jst lyke fulani nd ombatse cult group. grin
Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Nobody: 5:44am On Aug 16, 2013
Gorrbachev:

or being stabed or thrown out of buildings by taxi divers and petty criminals. case being Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, China, Indonesia.
La#zy and silly creature. Na so jealousy go kill una. Its only in Y#oruba that a man of 25yrs still dey chop "mama thank Ma" whereas his mates in Igbo don dey hustle dey pay him broda school fees. Make good use of your time, man. undecided

7 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Nobody: 5:50am On Aug 16, 2013
THE AMAKA:

The only Igbo state mentioned in that article was Imo State. Now why is it that you skipped over Edo, Delta, and Rivers to talk about Igbos?

What is wrong with you people? SMH
Nne, e be like u get time for NDI ARA undecided

3 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Blessmira: 5:51am On Aug 16, 2013
U see wat baba Fash...iola has caused. He started d deportin @ local level. Now it s Botswana's turn. sad
Chai! Chai!

1 Like

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Gorrbachev: 5:52am On Aug 16, 2013
Idi Amin: La#zy and silly creature. Na so jealousy go kill una. Its only in Y#oruba that a man of 25yrs still dey chop "mama thank Ma" whereas his mates in Igbo don dey hustle dey pay him broda school fees. Make good use of your time, man. undecided

Hard working creatures? grin grin grin lazy criminals always looking for short cuts.

3 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by tpia5: 5:55am On Aug 16, 2013
Blessmira: U see wat baba Fash...iola has caused. He started d deportin @ local level. Now it s Botswana's turn. sad
Chai! Chai!

are you proud of your d.umbness?

1 Like

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Nobody: 6:10am On Aug 16, 2013
ayswags: Ibos are economic nomads,like what the Bleep are they looking for in botswana,a country even godforsaken nigeria is better than a million times
u dont know wat u re saying,botswana is more developed than nigeria research b4 posting

3 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Nobody: 6:21am On Aug 16, 2013
bloggernaija:

Stop that crap.
Yorubas are not scared of jack bit.
In fact ,we are being held back.
Why are the other regions afraid of true federalism.
That is what is on the table right now.
I will tell you why?
Because they will be left behind at warp speed.
From the corporate tax to vat(which is the main revenue source for normal countries),from manufacturing to agriculture ,tourism etc
Cut the SW from the national grid and I can assure you we will be generating 20000MW within 10yrs

We have consistently shown that we have no time for gradual incrementalism of the conservative forces and their followers.

Jonathan is the only mistake my people have ever made.however osun state held the line.
*singing* story story irrelevant blabbing

1 Like

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Soreza(m): 6:24am On Aug 16, 2013
it will be a blow and foolishness for any nigerian to blame tribe or no tribe,it totally an insult,infact an insult is an understatement,like a prophet i predicted this not long ago,you can check my posts,but i was using mali as a representive of a low country never knew its BOTSWANA,LADIES AND GENTLEMEN BOSTSWANA,u know wotits a disgrace to be called a nigerian and yes,i can attest that any where in the world,tell me what type of giant are we that countries low as low slam us to the face,listen until nigerian leaders pick this up as a challenge and not a reciprocal attack then we shall be on the path to redeemtion,first it was south africa,what do we dosome sort of revenge deportation like a school boy,kenya then,guess they didnt see any kenya person,so the revenge was to ground their plane,uk visa bond came,wot are they planing raising theirs to 5000,now botswana,am expecting likewise,but for how long?till our leaders bend down to reason,9ja is d....oomed

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

#FuelScarcity; Senators Visit Capital Oil And Other Petroleum Depots..photos / See This APC Advert About FFK on Vanguard(picture) / Buhari Receives President Ouattara Alassane Of Côte D'ivoire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.