Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,285 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? (36335 Views)

This Is Where Fayose Plans To Build Airport In Ekiti(photos) / Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others / Canada To Deport A Nigerians’ Hater, Kemi Omololu-olunloyo Back To Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 16, 2013
nnenna.1:
Are South Southerners Igbo?

Yes or no.

they are not ibos lol seems u people only attach to south south when it suits ur idiotic fancies

1 Like

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Judas2013: 8:51am On Aug 16, 2013
Youngzedd:

Define Lagos?

Lagos is a yoruba territory.

3 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Blackvampire(m): 8:51am On Aug 16, 2013
Anybody knw hw i can get to botswana ..am a law abiding citizen and am serious ooo
Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by OkwaIfugo(m): 8:54am On Aug 16, 2013
ayswags: Ibos are economic nomads,like what the Bleep are they looking for in botswana,a country even godforsaken nigeria is better than a million times

My Inlaw is a professor and lecturer in Botswana top University.
for 4yrs now his family has been cooking with Electric cooker. 4good years of constant power since he went there.

2 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Chubhie: 8:57am On Aug 16, 2013
oliseh.com:
The problem of Nigeria is lack of unity,instead of pointing accusing fingers at other countries,why dont we sit and solve this problem of unity.
A country where there is tribalism what do you expect from other country.
maybe the time is right for a Nigerian Hitler to awaken the sleeping giant of Africa by drawing our attention to how other nations have disrespected Us and then making Jews outta them? Nigeria have the manpower, resources to be among worlds best but we must first learn to love and respect eachother. My wish is to see in this my lifetime a Nigeria we all can be proud of and watch her take her rightful role as a true big brother. Love and not hate is what we need to make this magic happen.
Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by TonySpike: 8:58am On Aug 16, 2013
ShymX:

I agree with some points raised in your assertion. I don't think the Igbo's are like the Germans, the Germans and Brits are basically the same people and they both have the same temperament. I think the Germans you alluded to here are the Nazis (no pun intended).

Personally, I think the Igbo's are more like the American right-wingers with their temperament.

Also, Yoruba's are a community based people and wherever you find Yoruba's in large numbers, they naturally come together - without the need for an organisation. It's evident out here in the UK. The same goes for the Edo's/Urhobo's (I fvcks with Edo's/Urhobo's uncles and I'll be out there jamming with them again tonight, for our weekly Friday madness!) grin. You definitely have to admire the Yoruba consciousness and how the people are naturally close.

Bro, I think I agree with you on the American temperament...I just took a look at the Germans, they appear conservative, infact very conservative. Can you visit this thread on the culture section and let me know your opinion(s) on our discussions so far...This political section is become too tribal-inclined for me
https://www.nairaland.com/1362494/yoruba-ancestral-version-halleluyah
Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 16, 2013
BluIvy:

You see this exactly the problem that gets Nigerians hunted down and kicked out. Its your narrow minded view of the world outside Nigeria. What does the bolded mean? You know your ignorance is a million times worse than Americans and their added advantage is that they dont troll around the globe in search of greener pastures with their ignorance and myopic view of the world, that is deadly to put it bluntly. lipsrsealed

Your government is doing you a huge dis-service by not ensuring that they include mannerism and rules of engagement and survival when you go out in the world to hunt. And now what they do is to always puff and groan to force countries to give in to their demands so they they do not have to deliver to their countries needs.

Just a coution you can ask even SA that are big investors and our relations in our country, our neighbours Botswana does not scare easily. You can puff all the way home if you do not learn to be law abiding guests.

By the way there are great Nigerians, highly adored and respected, I think they are Yoruba who are proffessinals in our country that have been doing business and growing in Botswana. Batswana are a different breed do not think of playing them.
botswana buffon tell me how botswana is better than nigeria.instead of trying to play on the yoruba intelligence here by praising the yorubas and castigating the ibos.

3 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by tunjilana: 9:02am On Aug 16, 2013
Ikengawo: The ignorance on this thread is record breaking

Botswana has the highest standard of living in Africa and is rated as the most stable government.
This is a result of neglected education for the generation of nigerians that are now old enough to travel. Nigerians have an extremely dim understanding of the rest of the world and themselves and will find themselves crawling the globe to humiliate their own lives. I don't believe it's primarily igbos by far that are leading this global foolishness, but before we start saying it's and igbo problem we have to realize it's really a national one.

Igbos are ambitious, nobody will take that from them but it's almost impossible to convince them what they own is better than what they can possiby own or have and that's what leads to their desperate nature.

Yorubas are fearful, nobody will take that from them either. A yoruba person is not going to risk what he has, even if it's very little, no matter the reward and don't typically think outside of what's theres. Many yorubas don't know there was a civil war in Nigeria.

The reason I point this difference out is because the igbo ignorance is manifesting in travelling the world blindly and becoming a nuisance and the yoruba ignorance is manifesting in not being able to think or look outside of the very narrow box they already have, hence poverty and a total ignorance of anything outside of their family and region. They typically don't want more because they don't know there's is more out there and would rather brag about whats been done that complain about the need to do more. the root of the problem is ignorance. While igbos are developing and even destroying other places, their homeland is neglected, and while yorubas are boxed in by fear their homeland remains stagnant. This is why the two regions of africa that should be the most developed, aren't.

ignorance mixed with our respective cultural nature isn't doing anything for us.

It is this kind of thinking that makes Igbo people not wanna look inwards and solve what makes them easy preys for their hosts. For the records, Yoruba people are everywhere and most times play by the rules except when extreme situation turns them into crime, A genuine yoruba "Omoluabi" hardly sees crime as a default option unlike the desperate and over zealous Igbos. To avoid wide generalizations, Ogbomosho people for instance have been economically migrating to Ghana for decades and this ties are well known and established, yet we dont hear Ghanians saying they are fed up of Nigerians until Igbos obviously started their own migration. Another case in view is a town in osun state that runs a daily transit from the town to Abidjan and has been doing that decades before ABC knew the west african routes, practically everyone in the city has a relative in Abidjan yet you hardly hear of hatred for Nigerians until Igbos start migrating. There is no town in northern Nigeria that you dont have Yorubas as much as the Igbos, is it Funtua, sokoto, kano,yola...where. The simple truth is we have structures, values and a culture that despises unethical dealings,and arrogance against other peoples' cherished establishment and elders and this gives peace wherever we go...It's more like if I have a father whom I cherish so much, I will find it hard to abuse another man's father.

8 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by tunjilana: 9:02am On Aug 16, 2013

Botswana has the highest standard of living in Africa and is rated as the most stable government.
This is a result of neglected education for the generation of nigerians that are now old enough to travel. Nigerians have an extremely dim understanding of the rest of the world and themselves and will find themselves crawling the globe to humiliate their own lives. I don't believe it's primarily igbos by far that are leading this global foolishness, but before we start saying it's and igbo problem we have to realize it's really a national one.

Igbos are ambitious, nobody will take that from them but it's almost impossible to convince them what they own is better than what they can possiby own or have and that's what leads to their desperate nature.

Yorubas are fearful, nobody will take that from them either. A yoruba person is not going to risk what he has, even if it's very little, no matter the reward and don't typically think outside of what's theres. Many yorubas don't know there was a civil war in Nigeria.

The reason I point this difference out is because the igbo ignorance is manifesting in travelling the world blindly and becoming a nuisance and the yoruba ignorance is manifesting in not being able to think or look outside of the very narrow box they already have, hence poverty and a total ignorance of anything outside of their family and region. They typically don't want more because they don't know there's is more out there and would rather brag about whats been done that complain about the need to do more. the root of the problem is ignorance. While igbos are developing and even destroying other places, their homeland is neglected, and while yorubas are boxed in by fear their homeland remains stagnant. This is why the two regions of africa that should be the most developed, aren't.

ignorance mixed with our respective cultural nature isn't doing anything for us.

It is this kind of thinking that makes Igbo people not wanna look inwards and solve what makes them easy preys for their hosts. For the records, Yoruba people are everywhere and most times play by the rules except when extreme situation turns them into crime, A genuine yoruba "Omoluabi" hardly sees crime as a default option unlike the desperate and over zealous Igbos. To avoid wide generalizations, Ogbomosho people for instance have been economically migrating to Ghana for decades and this ties are well known and established, yet we dont hear Ghanians saying they are fed up of Nigerians until Igbos obviously started their own migration. Another case in view is a town in osun state that runs a daily transit from the town to Abidjan and has been doing that decades before ABC knew the west african routes, practically everyone in the city has a relative in Abidjan yet you hardly hear of hatred for Nigerians until Igbos start migrating. There is no town in northern Nigeria that you dont have Yorubas as much as the Igbos, is it Funtua, sokoto, kano,yola...where. The simple truth is we have structures, values and a culture that despises unethical dealings,and arrogance against other peoples' cherished establishment and elders and this gives peace wherever we go...It's more like if I have a father whom I cherish so much, I will find it hard to abuse another man's father.
Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 16, 2013
Gbawe:

Dude, you are a loser. Pure and simple. So Igbos are "ambitious supermen" while Yorubas are "unambitious and fearful" individuals with no ability? You are just another indoctrinated cretin and loser who can only relate to life thinking he is some 'superman' , with all the good qualities man can be endowed with, while others are 'mumus' he can ascribe all manners of inferior/bad qualities to. The sad thing is that reality never bears out the lies you devilishly dishonest people tell to put down the Yorubas and exalt yourself.

What is happening in Ghana right now is virtually what we have in Lagos and elsewhere. See the article below and explain to the forum why a "fearful" people with "no ambition" go all the way to Ghana to be good role models beneficial to society and captains of organised business. You should give a good explanation for what we read below or stand discredited forever.

Yet, I can predict you and your idiotic co-travellers, always into mindless character assassination against the Yorubas, will have nothing logical, scientific or fact-based to contribute because you have been indoctrinated to the extent your own mindset revolves around the concept you own everything merely because of how you are more committed to market/sole trading than others. You better raise your own children differently to respect others because I find it disgusting how people like you swallow lies about others and then live your lives telling those lies to yourself and others. You will always make enemies of everyone, even very liberal and open-minded folks who defend the rights of everyone, doing such and box yourself into an isolated corner of revilement.

It is as if you cannot take in oxygen if you do not put down others with lies while ascribing ludicrously flattering supremacist qualities to yourselves no one can establish with cold facts and in relation to on-ground reality. I know Ghana as well as any Nigerian can. What is written below is virtually the same in other sectors whether property development or franchised restaurant chains. The Yorubas, far from being "fearful" as you claim, are always present in organised, big, formal business because they are good managers of men and materials with a tolerant and inclusive 'live and let live' fairness.

You are simply another empty braggart with a petty-trader mentality. If you do not see Yorubas in Makola and Kaneshie Market tussling with Ghanaians for stalls, it does not mean Yorubas are "fearful" or that you are fearless supermen "owners of Ghana" because of petty trading alone. It simply means we have different focus and business interest. Fools like you should learn to note the difference so you can better your lives instead of going around lying you are better than others when the world sees you have so many deficiencies and are not special at all plus no different to an empty braggart loser overcompensating for failure.

While you do your 'homework' call our Ghanaians brethren in to ask them which is more beneficial to them between , for example, tax-paying Chicken republic with the average branch employing up to 30 Ghanaians working shift and a Makola Nigerian sole-trader who operates at an end where Ghanaians are squeezed out with the Government also not benefiting in the way of taxes, increased employment for Ghanaians etc. Go and learn why Ghana wants incoming businesses to employ a minimum number of Ghanaians to note what is appreciated in organised society instead of talking like a bushman who thinks petty/market/sole trading is everything everyone and every corner of the world must be judged by.

http://citypeoplegroup.org/unveiling-nigerians-who-play-big-in-ghana/

Gbawe I am really glad you wrote what you wrote. You expressed all I have been trying to say since I am became a Nlander. And last that article is EPIC!!!

2 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 16, 2013
Nigeria's biggest problem is not corruption or boko haram; it's tribalism bigotry and intra-ethnic hatred.

3 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 16, 2013
m-ployer:
succes has more enemies than failure. Ever wondered why America has more enemies than any other country in d world?
lol this odiot is even comparing ibos with americans lwkmd

2 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by amiable4real: 9:06am On Aug 16, 2013
When we call for the meeting of animals with horns, the snail too wants to make representation, what a shame. Of all countries, Botswana too is making mouth. Chai, Nigerian leaders please wake up and set us free from this embrassement. If everything is okay here with us, what will Nigerians be doing in Gaborone, Botswana. O ma she o.
Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 16, 2013
Gbawe:

Dude, you are a loser. Pure and simple. So Igbos are "ambitious supermen" while Yorubas are "unambitious and fearful" individuals with no ability? You are just another indoctrinated cretin and loser who can only relate to life thinking he is some 'superman' , with all the good qualities man can be endowed with, while others are 'mumus' he can ascribe all manners of inferior/bad qualities to. The sad thing is that reality never bears out the lies you devilishly dishonest people tell to put down the Yorubas and exalt yourself.

What is happening in Ghana right now is virtually what we have in Lagos and elsewhere. See the article below and explain to the forum why a "fearful" people with "no ambition" go all the way to Ghana to be good role models beneficial to society and captains of organised business. You should give a good explanation for what we read below or stand discredited forever.

Yet, I can predict you and your idiotic co-travellers,

you were making sense until this point. You should have said idiotic igbos instead of polishing it. Don't be scared spit it out bro, you are a man
Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 16, 2013
WE WONT ACCEPT THIS!
LETS DEPORT ALL BOTSWANANS TOO
..HOL UP WAIT... THERE R NO BOTSWANANS HERE
DAYUM!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 16, 2013
Erg2000: your a fool! Didn't you read that majority are from south south? Idiot!
stop insulting flat headed buffon

1 Like

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by collynzo2(m): 9:14am On Aug 16, 2013
OkwaIfugo:

My Inlaw is a professor and lecturer in Botswana top University.
for 4yrs now his family has been cooking with Electric cooker. 4good years of constant power since he went there.
It isn't difficult to provide 2 million people with constant electricity.

1 Like

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by oluamid(m): 9:15am On Aug 16, 2013

And I think you are very lopsided in your analysis by using societal stereotypes as the basis of your argument.

4 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 16, 2013
FILEBE:
shut up jor! Which Nigerians were being deported in Nigeria? U just go about saying Nonsense. I'm highly annoyed by what u said! Who deported whom in Nigeria? Or when did Lagos close its border from the Igbos? I'm taking it that u meant the recent Fashola's family re-union. People like you gives foreigner a wrong impression of Nigeria. If BBC or CNN had said what you wrote, i trust u to start protesting.
Guy. U just got me angry this morning jor.
the desparrow of a bitch is a female
Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by collynzo2(m): 9:16am On Aug 16, 2013
ayswags: botswana buffon tell me how botswana is better than nigeria.instead of trying to play on the yoruba intelligence here by praising the yorubas and castigating the ibos.
I am surprised a tribalist like you was able to spot her intentions there. Kudos!
Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Tomeseen(f): 9:16am On Aug 16, 2013
double post.
Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Tomeseen(f): 9:17am On Aug 16, 2013
Rule number one before commenting on NL says dont tribalize threads, sadly the opposite is the case with what i always see. This thread require more thought provoking response from us than the cheaps darts we decide to throw at some nigerian tribes. Thank God i haven't ever been in a position where i am being stigmatized, so i wont even say i know how it feels because i don't. as far as i am concerned, whichever tribe, color or race you may be, if you've got hate in you, you've got it. Its like peak milk for any hate filled individual. ITS IN YOU AND YOU ALONE.

That goes without saying that we should stop tribal hatred, it is a very stupid passtime. we wouldnt know that putting out a fire now is better than running for the mountains with the fire on our tails. I got into a religion argument once in my life and i can say it was very exhausting and non-rewarding. i choose to dwell on the strong points of each tribe which is the only reason we are still one nigeria today. A Northerner for me is very friendly and they are our nation merchants, now see what hating and tribalism turn them into, no more groundnuts pyramids in the north and did i forget the dye and leather many a white man cross the seas to buy and 'suppose to invest in'. am not anywhere ready to pitch my tent in the north though, it is now filled with hate and religion war. An 'igbo' man which encompass a lot of territory for me with many non-igbos, i see 'strength, resilience, growth'. oh yes they are traders too, an igbo man will always give you good bargain and make a lot off you, just be sure which bargain you want, like china they've got the original and the fake.

The growth of nigerian economy is in the igbo man's hand, a northerner too, maybe. but a yoruba man, i dont think so. A yoruba man is a communal man, a crowd pleaser, and a brilliant fox. a good battle strategist, if need be make a lot of noise and trouble over percieved injustice over self and on some occasion tribe. while a yoruba man cannot trade to save his life because he wants more money than goods are worth atimes, he is brilliant by default, he destroys that gift by being foxy. He wouldnt stay to get hit by a swinging axe, some of us know which tribe would stay for that.

That been said, Nigeria as a nation is very friendly and accomodating, another problem is they may jest you and derive a lot of funny names and derisive appendages to you as a foreigner and lord it over you often. every human, nation, economy, fallen civilizations that we get to read and learn about, thanks to archeaologist and some holy books are at one time or the other been depraved babarians. and for those who dont know that a civil war is brewing in nigeria should get themselves educated on what happened during 'biafra coup', i mean do we really want to subject our children to that much hate and suffering only a war can bring on. in ruwanda civil war, one tribe was hunting another tribe down and killing them calling them cockroaches. i cant for the life of me imagine how another human being could look at somebody who looks exactly like you, call him a cockroach and gun him down. sick i say. as for me, i am a proud nigerian and whatever tribe or creed you are, i will comport myself with utmost humility and respect for you and culture, that you will have no regret saying COME to me.

We should remember WA/ZO/BIA means COME in the three major tribes language, i find it hard to believe we have come seriously far from welCOMing to HATING. Nigeria is great and i keep praying we return to singing another national anthem that says WAZOBIA in the nearest future. Tomorrow i hope... in my tribe i say WA to you all.

3 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Italiano1: 9:18am On Aug 16, 2013
Doff_Man:

In fact, I'll go as far as to say that the bad reputation of Nigerians in UK is due to the activities of desperate and reckless yorubas.

Why are you concentrating on The UK? To give a complete perspective about the tribe that has virtually destroyed Nigeria's image globally, we have to do a holistic appraisal- Shall we talk about the tribe that constantly embarrasses Nigeria in China, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Malaysia, SA, Kenya, Brazil, India, and any other country that can act as transit for Drug Smuggling undecided

4 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 16, 2013
Erg2000: if not because you are a fool, you could have remembered the Yoruba idiot who went and started shooting people at the street of london and another idiot from your tribe who inpragnated his six daughters in the USA. Your tribal sentiments make you useless Yorubas not to realize that a national problem is a national problem. If time permits, i'll go ahead and tell you more destitute from yoruba origin who have committed various crimes from anywhere around them world. Useless tribe!
fool when did charles mcgill who adopted the name aswad ayinde and slept with his six daughters become a yoruba,damn seems the flat headness of the ibos is really affecting their thinking capacity

1 Like

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 16, 2013
THE AMAKA: But you seriously can't compare Nigeria and Botswana. The smallest state in Nigeria has more people than Botswana. With Botswana's 2 million people, you factor in the children, nomads, and villagers, and after that, how many people are you left with? That's why its peaceful, there's nobody there! Any country with less than 5 million people should have no excuse not to have their house in order.
That's why I can't understand what Nigerians are doing there in terms of "business." What market is in Botswana unless they are looking to get into the mining business.

You are quite right my dear, they're not there for any "business", they're there to enjoy all the goodies that Botswana offers, it's a similar situation in Ireland.
Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Cockpitboy(m): 9:19am On Aug 16, 2013
Blame this on Beverly Osu's naughty potrayal of Nigerians...and the closed minded BBA viewers in Botswana.
Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by amnestylaw1(m): 9:20am On Aug 16, 2013
Doff_Man:

Rubbish! Prisons in UK are filled the brim with Yoruba. In fact, I can't recount how many times I've read articles in papers about Nigerians with yoruba names being caught for one crime or another.

Mumu, go back and slowly read what the OP wrote.

1 Like

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by SORTER: 9:21am On Aug 16, 2013

.......WHAT IS THIS THING SAYING?......GREEDY TRIBE!

2 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by THEAMAKA(f): 9:23am On Aug 16, 2013
Cockpitboy:

Blame this on Beverly Osu's naughty potrayal of Nigerians...and the closed minded BBA viewers in Botswana.

Please go and pick your brain from where you left it.

1 Like

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by 2old4that(m): 9:23am On Aug 16, 2013
@topic
Its their country. Come home and fight for your country. Egyptians are fighting for theirs. When its better for them tomorrow now, every Nigerian would wanna. go there.

Why must we all run away from our country for the politicians to wreck it apart.

2 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Joysmart(f): 9:27am On Aug 16, 2013
ayswags: Ibos are economic nomads,like what the Bleep are they looking for in botswana,a country even godforsaken nigeria is better than a million times
That's because they see success/breakthrough where you and your likes see failure/dead end.

3 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by vislabraye(m): 9:27am On Aug 16, 2013
I knew this thread will go tribal. But if U look @ it critically, its just a few set of people dat drag the name of Nigeria to the mud.
Its a shame that Nigerians are maltreated by even the smaLlest insignificant countries. The day will come when Niger Republicans will start deporting Nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

See This APC Advert About FFK on Vanguard(picture) / Buhari Receives President Ouattara Alassane Of CĂ´te D'ivoire / Nyesom Wike Sworn In As Governor Of Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.