Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,909 members, 7,952,657 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:27 PM

SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police (105312 Views)

Naija Peeps and our Fashion Blunders. A.k.a Fashion Police / Naija Fashion Police / Fashion Police In The Sun News Paper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by maxiflexi(f): 6:12pm On Jul 16, 2014
My major problem with Angie is that she is too white, babe, get a tan ASAP. Christina may have accesorised it very well, but Angelina Jolie rocked the dress better.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 9:32am On Jul 17, 2014
Thanks everyone for your comments

Mitchyy would you do the honours of giving the verdict? smiley
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by hairbraiding: 10:20am On Jul 17, 2014
Angelina wore it better.

A simple gold necklace would have accentuated that dress though.

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Adaeze003(f): 1:16pm On Jul 17, 2014
Hi ma peeps smiley

First off, no1 does the thigh high slit better than jolie smiley but! The dress isn't doing any of them justice. Jolie looks straight n christina looks like a balloon. Lol.
Christina's pic has a problem(I think) coz she looks too yellow and I've seen better make up on jolie.

But jolie looks better overall.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 4:10pm On Jul 19, 2014
It seems she's not around. So I would give the verdict on her behalf.
@adaeze003 welcome back! smiley
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 4:22pm On Jul 19, 2014
VERDICT

Okay
This was a really tough one. For some based on the comments above christina had beautiful accesories but then she looks terribly white! She needs serious tanning. While some for jolie she looked nice but with a lil brushing of her hair and a adding of accesories she would have looked more gorgeous. There was too much black in jolie's outfit nevertheless she till looked good.

Well out of the 9 people who commented. 8 went for jolie and 1 went for christina shocked

So we know who our winner is!
Angelina jolie! cheesy

Thanks yall!
Next pic please smiley
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by mitchyy(f): 7:32pm On Jul 19, 2014
Sorry for my absence everyone!

Let me volunteer as the scape goat this time! Here's my look for today. Its a lilac colored top on a purple lace skirt. I wore it to our religious event. Photo is not so clear but manageable.

I added another to show the outfit in full view. Please ignore the pout. I'm always a chatter box when taking pictures angry

Joywendy please be nice cry

3 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by onegig(m): 9:26pm On Jul 19, 2014
Hun---hun....(Coughs)!!!! Just passing by.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 10:46pm On Jul 19, 2014
@onegig no passing by here. tongue grin

@mitchyy welcome back smiley

*clears throats*

Nice pics smiley

Girl I would try to be nice but if I end up sounding a bit harsh pardon me and don't take it too personal. Okay?

What should I start with first?

The good or the bad?

The guess I would mix it up

First of all, I appreciate the courage you have for putting your pic here for anaylsis. Anything anyone says here shouldn't be taken to heart but you learn from it and try not make the same mistakes and also improve yourself. smiley

I would mention the first good and bad thing I noticed

First of all, I love the hair! Suits your face
. Beautiful cheesy

The necklace wasn't absoutely neccessary, you would have done better without it in my opinion.

Would come back for more...
Come on ppl, let's keep the comments coming. smiley
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Adaeze003(f): 11:08pm On Jul 19, 2014
Gurl... You knw its hard to judge one of our own. Onegig oya o!

Well, I think you look too purple. I'd put you in an above the knee black pencil skirt and it'd be perfect 4 me.

joywendy: It seems she's not around. So I would give the verdict on her behalf.
@adaeze003 welcome back! smiley

Tnx dear smiley

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 11:31pm On Jul 19, 2014
Adaeze003: . Gurl... You knw its hard to judge one of our own. Onegig oya o!
Tnx dear smiley
true talk @bolded. Tell him oh! lol you are welcome smiley
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by mitchyy(f): 8:29am On Jul 20, 2014
Adaeze003: Gurl... You knw its hard to judge one of our own. Onegig oya o!
Well, I think you look too purple. I'd put you in an above the knee black pencil skirt and it'd be perfect 4 me.
Tnx dear smiley

Yippeeeee! I love the critcism and appreciate it. Keep them coming! grin

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by onegig(m): 9:54pm On Jul 20, 2014
Adaeze003: Gurl... You knw its hard to judge one of our own. Onegig oya o!

Ada, mitchyy and joy.. You guys would have to pardon me o. I believe the picture would be fine and classy although my browser image is turned off.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 20, 2014
joywendy: Okay this pic has been here for a while, so I guess it's time for the verdict. cheesy
Before I go on where's thatgurlvixen Who has heard from her?
Calling out
Mimicue,eyekandy,adaeze003, imagemasters,abbyrian,adesuave,onegig

Oya where are you guys? Stop hiding grin
. Hi joy,hi everybody smiley sorry I've been away for this long..my phone screen went blank. My sincere apologies,,anyways m back now and it sure feels good.cheesycheesy

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
Nice hair, nice top, nice skirt.

The neck piece was absolutely unnecessary. It doesn't fit the top. You should have done without it.

Then your shoes. . . I'm not a fan. A nice black pump would have looked great. And your posture in both pictures is not the best I've seen.

You look too "colorful" in my opinion. If I were you, this is how I will style that outfit: Lilac top, purple skirt, black pump, black handbag, nice and chunky bracelets, small ear rings or none and definitely, no neck piece.

Abeg no vex. I'm sure you want us to be objective.

3 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by mitchyy(f): 7:00am On Jul 21, 2014
Phema: Nice hair, nice top, nice skirt.

The neck piece was absolutely unnecessary. It doesn't fit the top. You should have done without it.

Then your shoes. . . I'm not a fan. A nice black pump would have looked great. And your posture in both pictures is not the best I've seen.

You look too "colorful" in my opinion. If I were you, this is how I will style that outfit: Lilac top, purple skirt, black pump, black handbag, nice and chunky bracelets, small ear rings or none and definitely, no neck piece.

Abeg no vex. I'm sure you want us to be objective.

Awesome. Noted. Only that I don't have a large wardrobe like our celebs. I only wore what I had o. I think its high time I get black pumps sef cheesy
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by mitchyy(f): 7:02am On Jul 21, 2014
onegig: Ada, mitchyy and joy.. You guys would have to pardon me o. I believe the picture would be fine and classy although my browser image is turned off.

Use a PC now. I need everyone's criticism! smiley
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 4:26am On Jul 22, 2014
Thatgurlvixen! Welcome smiley glad to have you.

Onegig. Just one comment at least na smiley please

@phema nice one, you spoke my mind concerning the posture and shoes, esp the 2nd pic. The black you suggested would have tuned down the purple a bit.

@mitchyy u seem pretty exicted, keep it up smiley

Let's have more comments people smiley
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by mitchyy(f): 8:25am On Jul 22, 2014
joywendy: Thatgurlvixen! Welcome smiley glad to have you.

Onegig. Just one comment at least na smiley please

@phema nice one, you spoke my mind concerning the posture and shoes, esp the 2nd pic. The black you suggested would have tuned down the purple a bit.

@mitchyy u seem pretty exicted, keep it up smiley

Let's have more comments people smiley

Oh yes I am. It feels great being on the hot seat this time cheesy

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 11:42pm On Jul 23, 2014
Okay people, two more comments and the verdict would be given.

Luxanne. Where are you? (Bringing you out from the games section tongue grin)
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by maxiflexi(f): 2:17pm On Jul 25, 2014
I'm just going 2 repeat what everyone has said!!!!! Mitchyy, Love your hair, top, & skirt. I love the concept u were going for - you just fell a few inches short of KNOCKOUT.
1. That neckpiece looks out of place (I won't say tacky)
2. Black thin strappy sandals or pumps would be better.
3. Y u come pose like me na? tongue
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by luxanne(f): 7:40pm On Jul 25, 2014
joywendy: Okay people, two more comments and the verdict would be given.

Luxanne. Where are you? (Bringing you out from the games section tongue grin)

Present ma grin but am sad y'all missed my bufdae on the 18th, a thread was created on forum games n none of u dropped by sad angry

@Pic: Everything has been said already, the good appreciated and the flaws all picked out. Am sure mitchy has taken note of all comments n will do the needful next time. Kudos girl for dropping ur pic on here smiley u the second on this thread, after uzoo to take this daring step, lol. Btw, where is uzoo? Bin a very long while, I hope she's aii out there. But I must confess mitchyy, you do have a pretty face, nice physique, great smile, also, I love ur hair and makeup smiley

And lest I forget, where is it written you need a large wardrobe to dress classy? Girl, u can have a massive wardrobe but if u CAN'T pick out the right outfit, the right accessories, and the right shoes to come out looking great, you stil got a problem.
Let's not go too far, on this thread, u can even see the so called celeb u even referencing, most of them don't even dress on point given their large wardrobes. So u see, it's beyond the size of ur wardrobe. And if am to dress you, with ur hairdo already the attention, a simple dress would have suffice smiley

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by onegig(m): 9:20pm On Jul 25, 2014
Luxanne.. Sorry about that. Never knew about it. May the day be the beginning of extraordinary things in your life. Amin. I hope you had a swell time? Where our own cake o?

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by onegig(m): 11:01pm On Jul 25, 2014
mitchyy:

Use a PC now. I need everyone's criticism! smiley
I have used my inner eyes to judge and based on the other comments i would say the outfit looks lovely.

I would give you 9/10. It takes lots of courage to be able to post your pic online for a critique.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by DermalCarotene(f): 1:32am On Jul 26, 2014
Please mitchy,

You'd forgive my aproko..

I like your hair, your blouse..

I'm sooooo in love with your skirt. I kinda like how it sat well on you without being soooo clingy..

Overall,
You look good.. Plus, their corrections are really important..
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by mitchyy(f): 12:59pm On Jul 26, 2014
luxanne:

Present ma grin but am sad y'all missed my bufdae on the 18th, a thread was created on forum games n none of u dropped by sad angry

@Pic: Everything has been said already, the good appreciated and the flaws all picked out. Am sure mitchy has taken note of all comments n will do the needful next time. Kudos girl for dropping ur pic on here smiley u the second on this thread, after uzoo to take this daring step, lol. Btw, where is uzoo? Bin a very long while, I hope she's aii out there. But I must confess mitchyy, you do have a pretty face, nice physique, great smile, also, I love ur hair and makeup smiley

And lest I forget, where is it written you need a large wardrobe to dress classy? Girl, u can have a massive wardrobe but if u CAN'T pick out the right outfit, the right accessories, and the right shoes to come out looking great, you stil got a problem.
Let's not go too far, on this thread, u can even see the so called celeb u even referencing, most of them don't even dress on point given their large wardrobes. So u see, it's beyond the size of ur wardrobe. And if am to dress you, with ur hairdo already the attention, a simple dress would have suffice smiley

My dear, i'm not talking about dressing classy. Its about pairing the right outfits. And yes, you need the essentials in your wardrobe in order for you to pair outfits properly. Essentials like a classic white shirt, black pumps or strappy heels, pants in dark shade, a black bag and so on. You can't have just one black shoe and one pink shoe and expect to nail your look all the time. Sometimes out of not wanting to be caught wearing the same black shoe, you intentially commit fashion blunder, brave the criticism and wear the pink shoe, despite it being ill-matching with the outfit.
And that is why i don't spare celebs in my criticism. They have the essentials in their wardrobe i guess, so if they step out looking horrible, then their fashion sense obviously went on a vacation. They have no excuse. Shey u get? grin

4 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by mitchyy(f): 1:12pm On Jul 26, 2014
maxiflexi: I'm just going 2 repeat what everyone has said!!!!! Mitchyy, Love your hair, top, & skirt. I love the concept u were going for - you just fell a few inches short of KNOCKOUT.
1. That neckpiece looks out of place (I won't say tacky)
2. Black thin strappy sandals or pumps would be better.
3. Y u come pose like me na? tongue

1. Are you scared of using tacky? I don't bite now cheesy
2. Okay, awesome.
3. Can't i imitate my role model? tongue grin But seriously, i don't do so well with crowd especially when i have to strike a pose under prying eyes angry

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 9:01pm On Jul 26, 2014
@onegig inner eyes cheesy thanks smiley

@luxanne. My gosh! So sorry about that! Honestly we didn't know, happy birthday in arrears!! More years be added to you. Amen. Hope you enjoyed it though? Hope you still have some cake left for us here grin

@maxiflexi and dermalcarotene I appreciate your comments. Thanks

@mitchyy Verdict time cheesy

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 10:49pm On Jul 26, 2014
VERDICT

Okay miss mitchyy:
Here it goes

The good cheesy

Hair-lovely! Me likey cheesy
Make up-beautiful! smiley
Skirt and shirt: gorgeous smiley (you got to get me one of these wink )

The not so good sad
*clears throat*
I mentioned it before and others also agree with me.
The necklace- it wasn't necessary, you would have done better without it. Even if you wanted to wear one, maybe a smaller one not too noticeable like what you wore.
The shoes: mmm...not that bad per se, but a black pump (high or flat) according to almost everone here would have been better and I was thinking maybe a nice black wedge too could go with it.

I'm not sure where to put this

I like the shirt and skirt but it was too colourful, there was too much focus on the colours of the outfit than you . You should have toned it down with black acessories, black bag or clucth purse.
Posture: it seemed like everyone just left that aside grin the first pic isn't bad but the second one was a bit odd.
Sorry sis you would be fined for the necklace and shoes sadsad

In all, your outfit was gorge,gorge,gorge!! smiley smiley. Lovely smile, lovely figure.

It takes a lot of guts to put your pic here, and I really love your courage and open mindness. Keep up the good work! smiley

I tried my best to be as nice as possible. I fulfilled my promise didn't I? wink
Thanks everyone for the comments
Next pic please smiley

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 11:05pm On Jul 26, 2014
mitchyy:

My dear, i'm not talking about dressing classy. Its about pairing the right outfits. And yes, you need the essentials in your wardrobe in order for you to pair outfits properly. Essentials like a classic white shirt, black pumps or strappy heels, pants in dark shade, a black bag and so on. You can't have just one black shoe and one pink shoe and expect to nail your look all the time. Sometimes out of not wanting to be caught wearing the same black shoe, you intentially commit fashion blunder, brave the criticism and wear the pink shoe, despite it being ill-matching with the outfit.
And that is why i don't spare celebs in my criticism. They have the essentials in their wardrobe i guess, so if they step out looking horrible, then their fashion sense obviously went on a vacation. They have no excuse. Shey u get? grin
mmm....true, they say if you don't have what you want make use of what you have. If you got a black shoe and a pink shoe, and you have different colours of clothes. I believe there is a way you can match those clothes with this two particular shoes without making a fashion blunder. We have what we call colour blocking nowadays (though not a big fan of it, cause the concept behind it still confuses me attimes), so it's very possible.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 1:44pm On Jul 28, 2014
Please people let's keep the pictures coming smiley
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by GLAMSQUAD: 9:14am On Jul 30, 2014
Hi Guys, good to be here , its so sad that nairaland got hacked and most of the pages of this post disappeared , but anyway i have a picture here of zoe saldana in a Louis Vuitton Dress and Jimmy Choo shoes at the premiere of her movie. I think she was trying to hide her baby bump in the dress.

What do you all think?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

Taylor Rhoden Rejected From Modeling Because Of Her Height & Curves, Makes It / Wedding Hairstyles Gallery For Natural Hair / Black Girls Killing It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.