Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) (10770 Views)

To Athiests, What Are Your Reasons For Dumping Religious Faith To Athiesm / The Glamour Of Atheism / The Cowardice Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by plaetton: 6:14pm On Aug 25, 2013
italo: Okay...

So can you give me evidence or proof that love, imagination, hate exist?

Thank you.

Yes. Love is mental state that produce measurable physiological reactions. If we can detect the minute changes in blood pressure, dilated pupils, pulse rate, increase in blood sugar, increase in the blood levels for the feel-good hormone melatonin, etc, then we can prove the existence of love and its' direct opposite hate.
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 6:15pm On Aug 25, 2013
Well, you dont have physical or scientific evidence of that.

...Yet you believe it.

It only becomes a problem when religious people do same.

Hypocrisy.

This is not a contest for 'most intelligent theist.'

So far, none of you has been able to refute my claims.

All you have offered is wild rants.

Mr Troll: We give up!!! angry

i must say this though, Anony is by far the most intelligent theist in this forum, despite his frequent Anonyisms. And being that he was an atheist only goes to show. . .
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by plaetton: 6:16pm On Aug 25, 2013
italo: Well, you dont have physical or scientific evidence of that.

...Yet you believe it.

It only becomes a problem when religious people do same.

Hypocrisy.

This is not a contest for 'most intelligent theist.'

So far, none of you has been able to refute my claims.

All you have offered is wild rants.

Cat scans and MRIs can measure and color code pleasure,pain and love in the brain.

For example, under a catscan or MRI, my brain images would change color when I see or talk about my lovely children and would do likewise when I see or talk about pentecostal fraudsters or pedophile priests, the people that I hate most in my life.
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 6:17pm On Aug 25, 2013
Imagination? Dreams?

plaetton:

Yes. Love is mental state that produce measurable physiological reactions. If we can detect the minute changes in blood pressure, dilated pupils, pulse rate, increase in blood sugar, increase in the blood levels for the feel-good hormone melatonin, etc, then we can prove the existence of love and its' direct opposite hate.
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by nnofaith: 6:17pm On Aug 25, 2013
italo: Okay...

So can you give me evidence or proof that love, imagination, hate exist?

Thank you.

we give up o italo!
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 6:21pm On Aug 25, 2013
How do you know it is love and not likeness...or desire...or infatuation...or just a meaningless reaction?

plaetton:

Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by plaetton: 6:22pm On Aug 25, 2013
italo: Imagination? Dreams?

Yes. Have you heard of REM sleep and the studies associated with it?

Anything that emanates from the brain leaves biochemical trails that can me observed and calibrated.
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by plaetton: 6:24pm On Aug 25, 2013
bp
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by plaetton: 6:24pm On Aug 25, 2013
italo: How do you know it is love and not likeness...or desire...or infatuation...or just a meaningless reaction?

huh?

So I can be infatuated , desirous with my children?
Is that a joke or what? shocked angry
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by nnofaith: 6:25pm On Aug 25, 2013
italo just wants to prove god exists by force. i forgot to even ask him which of the gods?
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by mazaje(m): 6:28pm On Aug 25, 2013
nnofaith: italo just wants to prove god exists by force. i forgot to even ask him which of the gods?

His catholic god and his wife santa maria. .
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 6:30pm On Aug 25, 2013
You see the crap you are saying.

How do you prove dreams and imaginations?

Okay, if you insist, give me one example of a dream that was proven scientifically and tell me the contents of the dream.

Same goes for imagination...

And thoughts
plaetton:

Yes. Have you heard of REM sleep and the studies associated with it?

Anything that emanates from the brain leaves biochemical trails that can me observed and calibrated.
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 6:31pm On Aug 25, 2013
Another wild meaningless rant from another Atheist.

mazaje:

His catholic god and his wife santa maria. .
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 25, 2013
FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism.

you know that is interesting...there MAY be some truth to that.
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 6:34pm On Aug 25, 2013
Ewu...havent you read where I said I'm not interested in proving God's existence to dunces who dont know that contradictory opinions about something doesnt necessarily mean it is non-existent?

nnofaith: italo just wants to prove god exists by force. i forgot to even ask him which of the gods?
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 6:37pm On Aug 25, 2013
Can you prove that you cant?

Afterall, there are many people who sleep with their children.

You havent given me proof that love exists.

plaetton:

huh?

So I can be infatuated , desirous with my children?
Is that a joke or what? shocked angry
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by nnofaith: 6:38pm On Aug 25, 2013
italo
house finished your case when he said "you cant reason with religious pple, if you could there would be no religious pple"
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by mazaje(m): 6:41pm On Aug 25, 2013
italo: Another wild meaningless rant from another Atheist.

What ever, the problem is your god has specific qualities and attributes, he is not the non interventionist deist type of god you are trying to sell. . .God remains a human idea, as such no god can be shown to exist on its own without human, writings, stories, human and societal acceptance etc. . .Once people stop believing in a particula god idea it dies, once people beging to believe in a particular god idea it lives, 5000 years ago, your jesus god was not in existence because the idea had not yet be conceieved, 2000 years ago allah god was non existent because people had not yet developed that idea and written books about him yet. . .the god that existed in ancient egypt was ra amun now that god is dead because people have stopped writing about him and believing in him. . .Your god is dying in the west. . .Even people that believe in the god idea you subscribe to have diferent ideas and conception of such a good. . .That is why we have many denominations of christianity, with different bibles, mode of worship and different ideas of who god is to them and how god acts or should act. . .God REMAINS a man made idea as such no god can be shown to exist on its own independednt of human input. . .Your god remains a man made idea simple. . .If your god ecist then so does Zeus, allah, shiva , Ra amun, and all the other gods and goddesse out there. . .
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by plaetton: 6:41pm On Aug 25, 2013
italo: You see the crap you are saying.

How do you prove dreams and imaginations?

Okay, if you insist, give me one example of a dream that was proven scientifically and tell me the contents of the dream.

Same goes for imagination...

And thoughts

Wow. i can't believe that you would say that.
You must be really desperate.
It is very interesting that this goes right to the meat of my intended thesis on this thread.
Everything now dovetails right into fear and doubt.

We have successfully , but inadvertently cornered you into the fear=doubt mode.

By your incoherent tone, what I would call "religious decoherence", we can observe that you have become fearful of not defending your faith strong enough. Fear is creeping in. Your deep doubts risk being exposed, hence the recourse to ill logic.
I would not be surprised if you suddenly whip out the spiritual immunity card and start waxing spiritual.
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by mazaje(m): 6:43pm On Aug 25, 2013
plaetton:

It is very interesting that goes right to the meat of my intended thesis on this thread.

By your incoherent tone, what I would call "religious decoherence", we can observe that you have become fearful of not defending your faith strong enough. Fear is creeping in. Your deep doubts risk being exposed, hence the recourse to ill logic.
I would not be surprised if you suddenly whip out the spiritual immunity card and start waxing spiritual.

I keep asking them to exlain what sprititual means and every time I do, i get some incoherent gibberish. . .

1 Like

Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by plaetton: 6:46pm On Aug 25, 2013
mazaje:

I keep asking them to exlain what sprititual means and every time I do, i get some incoherent gibberish. . .

Na wa o.
Infact, I am working on a new thread on Spirituality, once again.
It's neigh time we put it to the test, and ultimately to the sword. grin
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 6:48pm On Aug 25, 2013
Coming from someone who thinks that contradictory opinions mean a thing is non-existent.

nnofaith: italo
house finished your case when he said "you cant reason with religious pple, if you could there would be no religious pple"
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 6:51pm On Aug 25, 2013
Many words...

Zero meaning...
plaetton:

It is very interesting that this goes right to the meat of my intended thesis on this thread.

By your incoherent tone, what I would call[b] "religious decoherence"[/b], we can observe that you have become fearful of not defending your faith strong enough. Fear is creeping in. Your deep doubts risk being exposed, hence the recourse to ill logic.
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 6:55pm On Aug 25, 2013
What has inability to explain the way you want it explained got to do with anything?

Can you explain the love you have for your mother?

mazaje:

Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by nnofaith: 6:56pm On Aug 25, 2013
italo: Coming from someone who thinks that contradictory opinions mean a thing is non-existent.

you need a high level of grace to understand all these!

1 Like

Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 7:01pm On Aug 25, 2013
You are just speculating. How are you sure that I do not perceive Jesus everyday?

You have no evidence for what you are saying.

mazaje:

What ever, the problem is your god has specific qualities and attributes, he is not the non interventionist deist type of god you are trying to sell. . .God remains a human idea, as such no god can be shown to exist on its own without human, writings, stories, human and societal acceptance etc. . .Once people stop believing in a particula god idea it dies, once people beging to believe in a particular god idea it lives, 5000 years ago, your jesus god was not in existence because the idea had not yet be conceieved, 2000 years ago allah god was non existent because people had not yet developed that idea and written books about him yet. . .the god that existed in ancient egypt was ra amun now that god is dead because people have stopped writing about him and believing in him. . .Your god is dying in the west. . .Even people that believe in the god idea you subscribe to have diferent ideas and conception of such a good. . .That is why we have many denominations of christianity, with different bibles, mode of worship and different ideas of who god is to them and how god acts or should act. . .God REMAINS a man made idea as such no god can be shown to exist on its own independednt of human input. . .Your god remains a man made idea simple. . .If your god ecist then so does Zeus, allah, shiva , Ra amun, and all the other gods and goddesse out there. . .
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 7:02pm On Aug 25, 2013
Okay. Now, run along.

nnofaith: you need a high level of grace to understand all these!

Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by nnofaith: 7:06pm On Aug 25, 2013
italo: Okay. Now, run along.

You ve been weighed, measured, and you ve been found wanting!
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by mazaje(m): 7:08pm On Aug 25, 2013
italo: You are just speculating. How are you sure that I do not perceive Jesus everyday?

I said all gods are man made, and they all remain a man made conception and idea. . you perceive jesus just as a muslim perceives allah and a hindu perceives the hindu goddess shiva. . .
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by plaetton: 7:12pm On Aug 25, 2013
italo: You are just speculating. How are you sure that I do not perceive Jesus everyday?

Granted.
You perceive Jesus, I perceive the FSM and pirate Mosey(pbuh).
Now, do you believe me, and what is our common denominator?
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by nnofaith: 7:12pm On Aug 25, 2013

oh! so cute, he persives jesus everyday!
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 7:23pm On Aug 25, 2013
Is this supposed to be your evidence that I do not perceive Jesus everyday?

Can you also prove to me that you do not believe in God?

(Scientific proof)

mazaje:

I said all gods are man made, and they all remain a man mande conception and idea. . you perceieve jesus just as a muslim perceives allah and a hindu perceieves the hindu goddess shiva. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

*****the Dangers Of Premarital Sex ***** / 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. / Stephen Oni: Buhari Should Not Contest 2019 Election - Says Anglican Bishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.