Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:31 PM

FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) (10766 Views)

To Athiests, What Are Your Reasons For Dumping Religious Faith To Athiesm / The Glamour Of Atheism / The Cowardice Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 7:27pm On Aug 25, 2013
@ nnofaith,

Could you please give me space to talk to someone that seems to have a brain?

Thank you.
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by plaetton: 7:32pm On Aug 25, 2013
italo: Is this supposed to be your evidence that I do not perceive Jesus everyday?

Can you also prove to me that you do not believe in God?

(Scientific proof)

This is a new dimension in ill logic.
It reminds of the time Ihedinobi challenged atheisst to prove that snakes did not talk in the garden of eden.
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by Oluye0311(m): 7:34pm On Aug 25, 2013
italo: Oh! A few hours ago, your position was that a neutral baby would not be religious without parents indoctrinating them.

A few hours later, it is no longer parents but fear.

Anyway, you dont have physical evidence of this your version of the origin of religion yet you believe it.

It is only when religious people cannot give physical evidence of God that you start rioting abi?

Hypocrisy.

You are mixing it all up. Were my statements contradictory? Of course not. My previous post was in response to your question about the 'first' religious person. It had nothing to do with today's child who is subject to intense indoctrination from birth because of well-established traditions of organized religion.
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 7:34pm On Aug 25, 2013
My point is it is illogical to claim that something doesnt exist because:

You havent perceived it or

There are contradictory views about it,

I dont see the relevance of this post to my position.

plaetton:

Granted.
You perceive Jesus, I perceive the FSM and pirate Mosey(pbuh).
Now, do you believe me, and what is our common denominator?
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 25, 2013
Italo is enjoying himself.

...just like a pig that enjoys mud, if you try to stop the pig, you will get muddy.

Italo enjoys being fallacios, join him at the cost of your common sense
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by Oluye0311(m): 7:39pm On Aug 25, 2013
Are claims of 'perceiving' the Easter Bunny and the Spaghetti Monster proofs that the myths are true?

1 Like

Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 7:41pm On Aug 25, 2013
Yes. The ill logic of saying anything must be proven scientifically to be true.

Really, why should I take you serious when you say you dont believe in God.

I think you do. You might just be seeking attention on nairaland...

...unless you can prove it to me.

*suddenly you hate the words "proof," "evidence"*

plaetton:

This is a new dimension in ill logic.
It reminds of the time Ihedinobi challenged atheisst to prove that snakes did not talk in the garden of eden.

1 Like

Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by mazaje(m): 7:42pm On Aug 25, 2013
italo: Is this supposed to be your evidence that I do not perceive Jesus everyday?

Can you also prove to me that you do not believe in God?

(Scientific proof)

God is an idea ancient humans created to help them explain things away, to make them rule over others and bring about order in the society. . .People use god to explain death, famine, diseases, sorrow, happiness, origin of man and the universe etc. . .God is just a human idea to explain things away that is why there are many gods, and even within the same religion people have different conception of who god is, as a catholic, i know many christians here like frosbel, truthlight and davidylan just to mention a few that believe you are not a christian because you have the wrong views about the christian god, but because you have been indoctrinated since childhood in a systematic way to believe and hold unto what you have been taught you actually believe it is you who is right while they are wrong. . .

The fact that there are many gods shows that it is a man made idea and conception. . .Jesus is real to you just as shiva the goddess is real to a hindu guy living in india. . .Its all about indoctrination and make belief, god is an idea and as we all know when it comes to religion belief is equal to seeing. . .In other aspects of life seeing is beliving, but when it comes to religion beliving is seeing. . .

I don't have to prove that your god doesnt exist scientifically because it is an idea and as such many people just create or form their own thoughts and conception about such an idea. . .All gods are man made as such you can not point to any god that exist on its own without human input. .
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 7:45pm On Aug 25, 2013
Mention one fallacy I have said.

Logicboy03: Italo is enjoying himself.

...just like a pig that enjoys mud, if you try to stop the pig, you will get muddy.

Italo enjoys being fallacios, join him at the cost of your common sense
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by nnofaith: 7:47pm On Aug 25, 2013
italo: @ nnofaith,

Could you please give me space to talk to someone that seems to have a brain?

Thank you.
what you need to talk to is a shrink. you high functioning retard.
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by plaetton: 7:47pm On Aug 25, 2013
italo: Yes. The ill logic of saying anything must be proven scientifically to be true.

Really, why should I take you serious when you say you dont believe in God.

I think you do. You might just be seeking attention on nairaland...

...unless you can prove it to me.

*suddenly you hate the words "proof," "evidence"*

Like I said before, we got you trapped in "Religious Decoherence". You are falling into pieces.

Everything you have been saying since then smacks of fear and doubts about the belief about your god and the million cascades of myths built around him to keep him from falling like dominoes.
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by plaetton: 7:49pm On Aug 25, 2013
^^^^^
And this is exactly what I intend to show when I am more sober: That the myths of religion are primarily built to protect the many doubts about god.
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 7:50pm On Aug 25, 2013
So you dont have to prove your assertions...but religious people have to prove theirs...

Hypocrisy!

mazaje:

God is an idea ancient humans created to help them explain things away, to make them rule over others and bring about order in the society. . .People use god to explain death, famine, diseases, sorrow, happiness, origin of man and the universe etc. . .God is just a human idea to explain things away that is why there are many gods, and even within the same religion people have different conception of who god is, as a catholic, i know many christians here like frosbel, truthlight and davidylan just to mention a few that believe you are not a christian because you have the wrong views about the christian god, but because you have been indoctrinated since childhood in a systematic way to believe and hold unto what you have been taught you actually believe it is you who is right while they are wrong. . .

The fact that there are many gods shows that it is a man made idea and conception. . .Jesus is real to you just as shiva the goddess is real to a hindu guy living in india. . .Its all about indoctrination and make belief, god is an idea and as we all know when it comes to religion belief is equal to seeing. . .In other aspects of life seeing is beliving, but when it comes to religion beliving is seeing. . .

I don't have to prove that your god doesnt exist scientifically because it is an idea and as such many people just create or form their own thoughts and conception about such an idea. . .All gods are man made as such you can not point to any god that exist on its own without human input. .
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 7:57pm On Aug 25, 2013
Okay let me talk to the shrinks talking to me then...

nnofaith: what you need to talk to is a shrink. you high functioning retard.

1 Like

Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 7:59pm On Aug 25, 2013
Many words...

Zero evidence...

Zero meaning...

plaetton:

Like I said before, we got trapped in "Religious Decoherence". You are falling into pieces.

Everything you have been saying since then smacks of fear and doubts about the belief about your god and the million cascades of myths built around him to keep him from falling like dominoes.
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by mazaje(m): 8:04pm On Aug 25, 2013
italo: So you dont have to prove your assertions...but religious people have to prove theirs...

Hypocrisy!

Religious people make scientific assertions, like god creating the universe, if that is true then there must be scientific evidence, if god heals people through prayers alone then there must be evidence for it. . .Saying that i should proof that god does not exist scientifically is nonsense, because you first have to provide scientific evidence to show that god exist then i will use the scientific process to test it and disprove it. . .So far the only evidence you have provided to show that your god exist is that you believe he exist and that is not an evidence. . .Provide evience then we can test it and show if it can stand the scientific testing only then can we disprove it scientifically. . .So far you have only presented an idea using words and you want us to disprove it scientifically. . .It doesnt work out that way. .Now tell me what is god? you have to define it first and give us its full attribute then we can test it and see if we can disprove it scientifically or not. . .So tell us what your god is, how we can test it and know that it is your god and its specific attibutes. . .we can begin from there. . .

2 Likes

Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 8:26pm On Aug 25, 2013
God is spirit and I perceive him Spiritually. So I am under no obligation to prove his existence scientifically. If you assert that I am lying about this spirit then YOU prove that I perceive no such spirit.

If you think that people who make non-physical assertions must prove them scientifically, then prove to me that you love your mum, prove that you are an Atheist, prove that you are thinking before posting...that your posts are not a result of a random chemical reaction etc, tell me what is love, thought etc..Let's see if you practise what you preach.

If you cant prove these things, you have no right to assert them to me...or expect me to prove anything to you.

mazaje:

Religious people make scientific assertions, like god creating the universe, if that is true then there must be scientific evidence, if god heals people through prayers alone then there must be evidence for it. . .Saying that i should proof that god does not exist scientifically is nonsense, because you first have to provide scientific evidence to show that god exist then i will use the scientific process to test it and disprove it. . .So far the only evidence you have provided to show that your god exist is that you believe he exist and that is not an evidence. . .Provide evience then we can test it and show if it can stand the scientific testing only then can we disprove it scientifically. . .So far you have only presented an idea using words and you want us to disprove it scientifically. . .It doesnt work out that way. .Now tell me what is god? you have to define it first and give us its full attribute then we can test it and see if we can disprove it scientifically or not. . .So tell us what your god is, how we can test it and know that it is your god and its specific attibutes. . .we can begin from there. . .
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 25, 2013
Oluye0311:
Your statement is based on the false premise that Atheism is 'opposition' of Theism. It is not. Atheism is simply a lack of belief in any god.
A child has no beliefs in any god though that does not qualify it for the tag 'atheist'. A child can, therefore, not be Jewish or Muslim for example. Now, imagine that religious tradition which ensures religion is passed from parent to child is nonexistent. Would we have religious adults? Most unlikely. We'll definitely have atheists and agnostics in the majority. That kind of proves that agnosticism is our default 'settings' as humans.
Dude, can atheism exist if there is no theism?
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 25, 2013
Plaetton has succeeded in changing the argument and many fell to it. shocked
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by plaetton: 8:49pm On Aug 25, 2013
Reyginus: Plaetton has succeeded in changing the argument and many fell to it. shocked
No sir, I have not even begun my argument.
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by MrTroll(m): 8:55pm On Aug 25, 2013
Hehehehehehehe. Una don finish the guy! He's reaching now. . . cheesy dohohohohohohoho
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 25, 2013
plaetton:
No sir, I have not even begun my argument.
Yes. The argument is still begging reason right from the premise.
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by plaetton: 9:21pm On Aug 25, 2013
Reyginus: Yes. The argument is still begging reason right from the premise.
In that case I shall look forward to your rebuttals when the real fireworks begin.

Just make sure you don't suffer Religious Decoherence like Italo.
I it is a common ailment among religious sophiss
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by mazaje(m): 9:50pm On Aug 25, 2013
italo: God is spirit and I perceive him Spiritually. So I am under no obligation to prove his existence scientifically. If you assert that I am lying about this spirit then YOU prove that I perceive no such spirit.

If you think that people who make non-physical assertions must prove them scientifically, then prove to me that you love your mum, prove that you are an Atheist, prove that you are thinking before posting...that your posts are not a result of a random chemical reaction etc, tell me what is love, thought etc..Let's see if you practise what you preach.

If you cant prove these things, you have no right to assert them to me...or expect me to prove anything to you.

No god is an idea, as such you need systemic indoctrination to accept and believe in the idea. . .I am not telling you to prove anything because I know you can't. . .You god remains and idea that humans conceived as such your only evidence is the feeling the god idea gives you. . .Muslims, hindus, scientologist etc all get this spiritual feeling you get. . .Your god does not exist in reality, what exist is the belief and the idea and those that subscribe to it. . .

1 Like

Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 25, 2013
plaetton:
In that case I shall look forward to your rebuttals when the real fireworks begin.

Just make sure you don't suffer Religious Decoherence like Italo.
I it is a common ailment among religious sophiss
In igbo*akaririm okwu mkotere*
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by wiegraf: 10:49pm On Aug 25, 2013
italo: God is spirit and I perceive him Spiritually. So I am under no obligation to prove his existence scientifically. If you assert that I am lying about this spirit then YOU prove that I perceive no such spirit.

What sort of nonsense tossing away of the burden of proof is this??!

Bros, all this nonsense you've been spouting about for how many pages now? Most are all subjective experiences. And all, absolutely all, have a material base. No material = no manifestation. No brain = no ability to perceive anything. Your brain activity is the root of all your experiences, and it can be tracked. We can even implant memories in mice for instance. We might not have all the keys needed to show how consciousness fully works, but unless you could show us how anything at all can manifest without a physical base (ie at least macroscopically, but even virtual particles can be shown to be ripples in fields, and thus not something from nothing), then exactly why do you expect us to take your drivel seriously?

So, please, do show us how these delusions in your head exist in the real world. Do please show why we should care. Show us how what you perceive, which has absolutely no backing, empirical or even logical, in any form whatsoever, is objectively real.

You most definitely are not the first deluded human in history, many people still think Elvis is alive, BH members still think the world is flat, others that if you pick up money on the street you'll turn to a goat, you shake the wrong persons hand and your pipi would be stolen, etc. Consider that you likely push talking fires, donkeys and snakes, actually more ridiculous than all I've listed here, yet you expect to be taken seriously?

More arrogant, asinine nonsense from our religious wannabe overlords.

2 Likes

Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by plaetton: 6:32am On Aug 26, 2013
No one knows for sure exactly at what point in human history that religion, the worship of dieties sprang up. What we know for sure is that it must have been gradually and crudely. With particular emphasis on the monotheistic Abrahamic religions, we know that they came into prominence by simply muzzling,hustling and murdering out older and smaller polytheistic religions that they came into contact with.

We know from historical facts that the Abrahamic concepts of divinity consist of a mish mash of insignificant events, and the ideas and myths of ancient Mesopotamia, Egypt, Canaan, Greece, Rome and even India. Because it is a basket that cannot hold water, the monotheistic god of the Abrahamic religions rely on heavily fortified layers of cascaded myths to support the central theme of a one and only god.

To illustrate this point, consider holding a basket filled with water and then desperately fidgeting and scampering to plug and hold off all the water leaking from every corner.

The narratives and doctrines of these major religions are entirely constructed around fear and the suppression of doubts.

1 Like

Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 8:41am On Aug 26, 2013
mazaje:

No god is an idea, as such you need systemic indoctrination to accept and believe in the idea. . .I am not telling you to prove anything because I know you can't. . .You god remains and idea that humans conceived as such your only evidence is the feeling the god idea gives you. . .Muslims, hindus, scientologist etc all get this spiritual feeling you get. . .Your god does not exist in reality, what exist is the belief and the idea and those that subscribe to it. . .

At best, a mere rant. No evidence of anything you said.
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 9:08am On Aug 26, 2013
wiegraf:
What sort of nonsense tossing away of the burden of proof is this??!
Who has the burden of proof. I know God is. How am I obliged to prove it to you?

It is you who stupidly claims that things that aren't scientifically proven are non-existent while not being able to prove your own claims scientifically.
wiegraf:
Bros, all this nonsense you've been spouting about for how many pages now? Most are all subjective experiences. And all, absolutely all, have a material base. No material = no manifestation. No brain = no ability to perceive anything. Your brain activity is the root of all your experiences, and it can be tracked. We can even implant memories in mice for instance. We might not have all the keys needed to show how consciousness fully works, but unless you could show us how anything at all can manifest without a physical base (ie at least macroscopically, but even virtual particles can be shown to be ripples in fields, and thus not something from nothing), then exactly why do you expect us to take your drivel seriously?
Wrong. Why should I take YOU seriously when you cannot prove many of your claims scientifically yet insist other must do so to validate their claims?
wiegraf:
So, please, do show us how these delusions in your head exist in the real world. Do please show why we should care. Show us how what you perceive, which has absolutely no backing, empirical or even logical, in any form whatsoever, is objectively real.
For the upteenth time on this thread, it doesn't matter to me whether you care or not. Yes, my belief has both empirical and logical backing but why should I bother offering to you when you are not honest enough to admit that: that you haven't perceived something, that people misunderstand it...and that you haven't seen the kind of evidence you want doesn't mean that thing is non-existent?
wiegraf:
You most definitely are not the first deluded human in history, many people still think Elvis is alive, BH members still think the world is flat, others that if you pick up money on the street you'll turn to a goat, you shake the wrong persons hand and your pipi would be stolen, etc. Consider that you likely push talking fires, donkeys and snakes, actually more ridiculous than all I've listed here, yet you expect to be taken seriously?
I think you are the deluded one. If you can evolve from fish, how is it impossible for animals to talk?

If your speech is as a result of a chemical or physical reaction that started the universe, who's to set the limits for that reaction.

I think you're worse than just deluded. You're also daft and arrogant about your folly. A lethal mix.

1 Like

Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 26, 2013
italo:
Who has the burden of proof. I know God is. How am I obliged to prove it to you?

It is you who stupidly claims that things that aren't scientifically proven are non-existent while not being able to prove your own claims scientifically.

Wrong. Why should I take YOU seriously when you cannot prove many of your claims scientifically yet insist other must do so to validate their claims?

For the upteenth time on this thread, it doesn't matter to me whether you care or not. Yes, my belief has both empirical and logical backing but why should I bother offering to you when you are not honest enough to admit that: that you haven't perceived something, that people misunderstand it...and that you haven't seen the kind of evidence you want doesn't mean that thing is non-existent?

I think you are the deluded one. If you can evolve from fish, how is it impossible for animals to talk?

If your speech is as a result of a chemical or physical reaction that started the universe, who's to set the limits for that reaction.

I think you're worse than just deluded. You're also daft and arrogant about your folly. A lethal mix.

Rinse and repeat.

All Italo has been saying all day on repeat

-atheists can not scientifically justify their claims and so, my unscientific claims about god are true.

Italo forgets that the burden of proof is upon the claimant. Atheism make no claim. Theists claim that there is God. Prove his existence with the standard tools of proving existence- the scientific method

1 Like

Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by MrTroll(m): 10:10am On Aug 26, 2013
ORDER!!! Italo is finished here. No need for further engagement.

Let's wait for Plaetton to continue his expose.

1 Like

Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by truthislight: 12:09pm On Aug 26, 2013
italo:

^
grin

'you with this men of great faith', i have faith of just 6000 years, they have faith of 43 billion years thing. Lol. grin

well, you took me by surprise. smiley cool !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Please Advice. I Prefer Giving My Tithe To My Parent Because They Need It More / Who's Your Best Bible Character? / *****the Dangers Of Premarital Sex *****

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.