Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,862 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" (12737 Views)

My Lord!! / Funny Symptoms That You Are "Due" To Go Get Yourself A Wife! / Karrine Stefans' Letter To Her Husband As She Ends Marriage. (must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Busta(f): 7:40pm On Jun 16, 2008
I went with to a friends home after church last Sunday.
They just recently moved to Canada from Benin in Nigeria and low and behold. . . the husband sat down like a king. Ordering is wife and kids up and down like slaves. He was about to eat and while everyone had rice for lunch, this man was served with a big ol plate of poundy with egusi soup and when I asked her . . . she said only their dad can have pounded yam while the rest of them had rice.

the funniest thing was: His wife kept repeating "My lord" this, My lord that . . i didn't even know she was refering to him until when she said, My lord do u want more food . .  whoaaaaa shocked  shocked
I asked the girl . . does your mum call your dad "My lord" and she answered yes.

What kind of love and authoritarian marriage is that?
beats how the wife and kids practically worships this guy  angry
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jun 16, 2008
waaaaaaaaaaat? now that's just wrong, my lord ke, nonsense embarassed angry
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 16, 2008
what da hell?my lord say wetin happen ?even if it was during slave trade them never call their masters my lord,its naw one man that im trying to satisfy inside d bedroom, angry angry angry angry even if its jazz that kain jazz can't touch jenny ,nonsense angry angry
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Busta(f): 7:44pm On Jun 16, 2008
@Jenny,

this particular jazz dey work o

I was soooo mad, i felt like smacking the guy's head as he was eating that poundy!! angry
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by whitelexi(m): 7:45pm On Jun 16, 2008
That is respect given to whom respect is due, Simple kiss
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by cescky(m): 7:46pm On Jun 16, 2008
chei women dey suffer ooo shocked shocked shocked, that man go soon hear am when the wife starts interacting with those oyinbo feminist women
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Busta(f): 7:46pm On Jun 16, 2008
whitelexi:

That is respect given to whom respect is due, Simple kiss

so u will be dictating to ur wife and kids and order them to refer to u as "My Lord"?
I no marry u again o
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jun 16, 2008
@busta

wen im still here struggling and forcing myself to call someone cupcake or honey,which one is naw mylord ? busta honestly u would have smacked d guys head,wat rubbish angry angry
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jun 16, 2008
hisssssssss, the word 'my lord' is so irritating, unless i am refering to my one and only God, my Alpha and Omega, anyone other than that, what kind of nonsense is that, ah ahn
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Busta(f): 7:49pm On Jun 16, 2008
jennykadry:

@busta

when im still here struggling and forcing myself to call someone cupcake or honey,which one is naw mylord ? busta honestly u would have smacked d guys head,what rubbish angry angry

hehehehe . . . tell me bout it.

I almost did so that he can choke on the stupid food.
i don't blame him anyways . . i really hope this canada will help them shine thier eyes small.
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by studio43(m): 7:50pm On Jun 16, 2008
well, after god na man. so nothing wrong in that really wink
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 16, 2008
she should beta start calling him alpha and omega,or beta still d begining and d end grin angry anyways them just reloacte naw,i trust them exposed women,except d wife no go jam them,the man should be enjoying the mylord naw cos by d time d wife starts mixing up wt some sharp women ,d name go change from mylord to "ol boy" or "papa kokoye" angry

hissssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by bigfather(m): 7:52pm On Jun 16, 2008
ibkaye:

hisssssssss, the word 'my lord' is so irritating, unless i am refering to my one and only God, my Alpha and Omega, anyone other than that, what kind of nonsense is that, ah ahn

Na lie , if you dey court , you call the justice YOUR LORD or else !

But honestly that man must be living in the past , or maybe he was brought up during the era of slave trade. undecided
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 16, 2008
studio43:

well, after god na man. so nothing wrong in that really wink
I beg to differ

big father:

Na lie , if you dey court , you call the justice YOUR LORD or else !

But honestly that man must be living in the past , or maybe he was brought up during the era of slave trade. undecided
abi o lipsrsealed
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by StephenP(m): 7:55pm On Jun 16, 2008
Wow. That's weird.
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by tope2000(f): 7:57pm On Jun 16, 2008
Lord ko, messiah ni. Some serious rubbish are going on in this world I tell u.
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by studio43(m): 8:02pm On Jun 16, 2008
tope2000:

Lord ko, messiah ni. Some serious rubbish are going on in this world I tell u.

u for tell your justice sey na serious rubbish to call dem my lord. wink see your head
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by ima1(f): 8:03pm On Jun 16, 2008
naija men go crazy when they think they are in control.
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 16, 2008
its all about stupidity ,nonsense,mylord ko my saviour ni
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 16, 2008
It's not weird at all. . .if you lived where I've lived. . either "Obami" or "kabiyesi". . undecided
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by tope2000(f): 8:05pm On Jun 16, 2008
studio43:

u for tell your justice sey na serious rubbish to call them my lord. wink see your head
That is a different case my dear, how u go refer to ur husband as ur lord. total nonsense if u ask me
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by studio43(m): 8:06pm On Jun 16, 2008
ima1:

naija men go crazy when they think they are in control.

who's to be in control then if not the men? grin
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jun 16, 2008
I see, Busta has been unbanned. . lol wink
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by tope2000(f): 8:07pm On Jun 16, 2008
studio43:

I can now see that u are a sexist!! wink
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 16, 2008

control ko ,overall ni,or have u forgotten dat some women r breadwinners of their families,abeg lets not go there
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Busta(f): 8:08pm On Jun 16, 2008
studio43:

Very Typical

4Her:

I see, Busta has been unbanned. . lol wink
tongue

U know my husband was begining to miss me! tongue
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 16, 2008
rubbish
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by debosky(m): 8:10pm On Jun 16, 2008
I heard from a friend of mine that its a 'biblical' principle - that Sarah called Abraham 'Lord' so a wife should never call her husband by name undecided Thats a misinterpretation if you ask me.

But seriously? the 'Lord' thing in and of itself is not wrong, as long as he calls her 'my queen' as well. It does not necessarily denote being a slave, its just a way of saying "I love you and I'll gladly meet your needs the same way you meet mine'. After all, even the 'Lord' must earn that title mustn't he?

Frankly all my wife should call me is 'King Abunna' and I'll call her my 'Quivering Queen' grin
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 16, 2008
King Abunna ko,King Obo ni angry
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 16, 2008
If she wants to call him that, let her go ahead! All the same I for kunk the man for head for eating pounded yam like a bush man.

@ Busta
These people go school? because it seems the me the man is one big illiterate while his wife is a village mugu!
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 16, 2008
Even if them no go school,them no fit get sense?afterall no be evrybody wey no go school be mumu,some of this village champions sef get sense pass people wey go school,except them come out from okirika bush then its understandable,even sef hw did they find themselves in canada? undecided them sabi something jare,na just some of all this mumu women wey no fit say no even if them dey kill them,except d man use jazz sha
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by studio43(m): 8:17pm On Jun 16, 2008
tope2000:

I can now see that u are a sexist!! wink

sexisti ke?   well, the bible made it compulsory that every woman must give her husband every right he deserves.
call him whatever name he wants. as long as u  jesus, GOD, holy spirit are not involved.

what about the men who call the women ANGELS nko?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Leaked BBM Chat Conversation Between A Female Student And A Guy Bargainin 4 Moni / When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? / Why Are Girls Scared Of Handsome Dudes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.