Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:36 AM

A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" (13147 Views)

My Lord!! / Funny Symptoms That You Are "Due" To Go Get Yourself A Wife! / Karrine Stefans' Letter To Her Husband As She Ends Marriage. (must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Jackal(m): 2:29am On Jun 17, 2008
Busta:

@ Jackal,

me and u . . out talk is for later.
I can't even believe u can say all those ooppps u were yarning. angry

Busta, don't be mad at me.
J-girl started it.

@ J-girl,

Women work too?  What kinda work?
Lying down there like logs of wood is working? Hmmmmmmm
I rest me case.
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by eldee(m): 2:32am On Jun 17, 2008
4 Him:

my Lord your food is ready . . . practicing to see how that sounds . . .
But Oga, I forgot to ask why you were practicing it sef lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Busta(f): 2:33am On Jun 17, 2008
Pataki:

@ Busta,

What do you want her to call him? My Idiot?

Whatever she so decides to call her husband in her matrimonial home is her own prerogative and mutual understanding with her husband simple!

I think I am through with this matter. sad

hehehehe . . . anything else but my lord.

Infact, "My Idiot" sounds more like it.
its easier for u guys to come here and just say wateva u want but y'all really need to see the way this man was.
I wouldn't say his wife was scared of him even tho she looks terrified but she was sure gave him lots and lots of space. They were interracting more like employer / employee than husband and wife.

is that the way u really wanna treat ur wife and kids?. . . pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by 4Him1(m): 2:35am On Jun 17, 2008
eldee:

But Oga, I forgot to ask why you were practicing it sef lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

trying to see if i would be able to endure it, sadly no.
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by NegroNtns(m): 2:37am On Jun 17, 2008
Eldee,

How u dey nah? Who is moderating in culture? I need help.
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by jgirl3: 2:38am On Jun 17, 2008
Jackal:

Busta, don't be mad at me.
J-girl started it.

@ J-girl,

Women work too? What kind of work?
I rest me case.
J-girl started what?
Me - i cannot call my husband olowo ori mi - til he dies for my sins. Shikena!
I don't know what kind of women you've been with, but it takes a lot to produce the moans you hear coming out of a woman's mouth.
All kinds of electrifying feelings that produce heat in the body and what is the formula for work again?
Apart from that - there are some impossible positions women take that cause pains but yet we endure to please the men

I know Women work in bed!
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Busta(f): 2:40am On Jun 17, 2008
Jackal:

@ J-girl,

Women work too? What kind of work?
[b]Lying down there like logs of wood is working? Hmmmmmmm[/b]I rest me case.

Jeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, what kanda log of wood women have u been hanging around?
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Jackal(m): 2:41am On Jun 17, 2008
j-girl:

I know Women work in bed!

Come on . . . . Speak for yourself.
Busta:

Jeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, what kanda log of wood women have u been hanging around?

I am not speaking from ma personal experience. . . . . . wink wink wink wink
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Pataki: 2:44am On Jun 17, 2008
@ Busta,

How I intend to run my family is not an obligation for me to disclose on the forum.

Different swings for different couples. Some women can bear calling their husbands My Lord, some men cannot bear their wives calling them such.

One of my late grandfather's friends has been married for over fifty years now. Both couples call themselves by daddy and mummy in the house. Does it augur well to my taste? Hell NO. But it most suits them over their years of marriage.

My Lord, I find nothing distasteful with it. Simple!

Would you have found it sweet, if she was calling her husband: names which were otherwise?
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by 4Him1(m): 2:44am On Jun 17, 2008
this argument shld not come up at all. All those women who claim they work in bed shld submit themselves for practicals.
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Nobody: 2:46am On Jun 17, 2008
Jackal:

@ J-girl,

Women work too?  What kind of work?
I rest me case.

Why is he complaining like a jittery waterleaf of just that simple task that probably lasts for a few minutes? This automatically means that all the machismo you put out here is undeniably false!!!  tongue
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by jgirl3: 2:48am On Jun 17, 2008
Jackal:

Come on . . . . Speak for yourself.
I am not speaking from ma personal experience. . . . . . wink wink wink wink
I was speaking for others.
Speak for myself? - I'm a log of wood in bed o! and I call my hubby - My Lord.
I'm sure this makes more sense to a lot of men in this forum.
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Jackal(m): 2:51am On Jun 17, 2008
stillwater:

Why is he complaining like a jittery waterleaf of just that simple task that probably lasts for a few minutes? This automatically means that all the machismo you put out here is undeniably false!!! tongue

Jittery waterleaf? grin grin grin grin
This is very funny. . . . . .

j-girl:

I was speaking for others.
Speak for myself? - I'm a log of wood in bed o! and I call my hubby - My Lord.
I'm sure this makes more sense to a lot of men in this forum.

Log of wood in bed? He told me something different.
Should i spill the beans?
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by jgirl3: 2:54am On Jun 17, 2008
Jackal:

Log of wood in bed? He told me something different.
Should i spill the beans?
Please spill the beans. I'm sure he's been lying to you. I just sit back and watch him do his thing
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Jackal(m): 3:05am On Jun 17, 2008
j-girl:

Please spill the beans. I'm sure he's been lying to you. I just sit back and watch him do his thing

No wonder u hate men.
The whole fiasco is a waste of time to u, innit?
Get involved a lil bit more and u would appreciate MEN. wink wink wink
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by rikkyjen(m): 3:43am On Jun 17, 2008
@ Jackal.

Where the hell have you been son? U aint Xerx no more or what? OR is you flip-flopping like John Kerry, why the change of moniker? grin grin grin

@ Topic

Its only in Nigeria that most women are subjected to hero-worshipping and ego massaging of their husbands, and it isn't their fault. Its the damn sexist African society.
My Lord? WTF is that? Why should women call their husbands "My Lord" as if we are in those slavic-like British courts where using the word "My Lord" is a necessity.
I read Jackal talking about the word used in the courts!!, definitely NOT in the Home of the free and Brave where we use "Your Honor".

Whose fucking Lord? Huh?. . .Why should women call this same men who hump 'em dry at night my lord, and this is after serving him his meals, tendering his children and even being the depot for his gallons of sementozoa. WTF? This is the highest point of servitude have heard in 21st century Africa.

I see some male folks here suppouting this -ish, what can i say but quiver in my own annoyance and say "whateva float anyones boat"
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Jackal(m): 3:46am On Jun 17, 2008
@ Rikkyjen,

My goodness!!!!
Where have u been? I thunk u went to Lagos with Rio.

You have been westernised. . . .Whats wrong with a woman calling u "MY LORD"?
Life is so short. . . . .and there's no guarantee there will be anutha one.
So enjoy manhood while it lasts. grin
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by TOH(f): 3:46am On Jun 17, 2008
Your Honor! grin

home of the free jare wink
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Nobody: 3:48am On Jun 17, 2008
rikkyjen:

@ Jackal.

Where the hell have you been son? You aint Xerx no more or what? OR is you flip-flopping like John Kerry, why the change of moniker? grin grin grin

@ Topic

Its only in Nigeria that most women are subjected to hero-worshipping and ego massaging of their husbands, and it isn't their fault. Its the damn sexist African society.
My Lord? WTF is that? Why should women call their husbands "My Lord" as if we are in those slavic-like British courts where using the word "My Lord" is a necessity.
I read Jackal talking about the word used in the courts!!, definitely NOT in the Home of the free and Brave where we use "Your Honor".

Whose fucking Lord? Huh?. . .Why should women call this same men who hump 'em dry at night my lord, and this is after serving him his meals, tendering his children and even being the depot for his gallons of sementozoa. WTF? This is the highest point of servitude have heard in 21st century Africa.

I see some male folks here suppouting this -ish, what can i say but quiver in my own annoyance and say "whateva float anyones boat"

Kisses for you kiss
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Jackal(m): 3:56am On Jun 17, 2008
stillwater:

Kisses for you kiss

Don't be conned by Rikkyjen. . . . He is a slave driver himself
He relocated from the UK to the USA for various domestic assaults and wife battery alllegations against him. grin cheesy
Now i know what it means when they say women can be gullible. grin cheesy
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by rikkyjen(m): 3:56am On Jun 17, 2008
Jackal:

@ Rikkyjen,

My goodness!!!!
Where have u been? I thunk u went to Lagos with Rio.

You have been westernised. . . .Whats wrong with a woman calling u "MY LORD"?
Life is so short. . . . .and there's no guarantee there will be anutha one.
So enjoy manhood while it lasts. grin

Son, you heard Rio was made a Chief. . . Cheiftaincy in Nigeria is a joke! Its for the highest bidder. Fiwagbola my left butt-cheek!!
Son, you should be a chief for upholding those yeye and archaic traditional values of Men being the head, as reflected in all your sexist posts grin grin grin grin

Westernised? Nah mate, am cock sure you've been in the West before me!! Its just that women(anywhere in the world) shouldn't be treated like doormats and 10th class citizens. When you instruct a woman to call you Lord, Daddy and other name with sexist connotations, it becomes a slap on womanhood, a slap on Feminity and a double slap on the Vaginals that brought every guy to this world.

Damn! Son, i suspect you is just bluffing cos we is on a forum grin grin grin, Dont lie, you dont agree with all you've posted on this board, my elf mind tells me you open the door for your missus, dont ya? grin grin grin grin grin. . . If you lie, i would invoke Amadioha, Sango, Diablo and Damballa on ya grin grin grin
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Jackal(m): 4:00am On Jun 17, 2008
rikkyjen:

Son, you heard Rio was made a Chief. . . Cheiftaincy in Nigeria is a joke! Its for the highest bidder. Fiwagbola my left butt-cheek!!
Son, you should be a chief for upholding those yeye and archaic traditional values of Men being the head, as reflected in all your sexist posts grin grin grin grin

Westernised? Nah mate, am cock sure you've been in the West before me!! Its just that women(anywhere in the world) shouldn't be treated like doormats and 10th class citizens. When you instruct a woman to call you Lord, Daddy and other name with sexist connotations, it becomes a slap on womanhood, a slap on Feminity and a double slap on the Vaginals that brought every guy to this world.

Damn! Son, i suspect you is just bluffing because we is on a forum grin grin grin, Dont lie, you don't agree with all you've posted on this board, my elf mind tells me you open the door for your missus, don't ya? grin grin grin grin grin. . . If you lie, i would invoke Amadioha, Sango, Diablo and Damballa on ya grin grin grin

Absolutely!!!!

I am a gentleman and was trained properly to respect women. cheesy wink
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by rikkyjen(m): 4:04am On Jun 17, 2008
Jackal:

Don't be conned by Rikkyjen. . . . He is a slave driver himself
He relocated from the UK to the USA for various domestic assaults and wife battery alllegations against him. grin cheesy
Now i know what it means when they say women can be gullible. grin cheesy

Hahahah, Xerx, that was a cheap-ass shot! grin grin grin, . . . Cha, Cha, Cha. . . .  You forgeting Rikkyjen prefers to live in the Antactica than the UK? grin grin grin grin
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Nobody: 4:06am On Jun 17, 2008

Kisses for you again. kiss

Jackal:

Absolutely!!!!

I am a gentleman and was trained properly to respect women. cheesy wink

That gentleman should be gentle[b]maniac[/b] instead. tongue
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Jackal(m): 4:09am On Jun 17, 2008
stillwater:

That gentleman should be gentle[b]maniac[/b] instead. tongue

Bite me!!!!

rikkyjen:

Hahahah, Xerx, that was a cheap-ass shot! grin grin grin, . . . Cha, Cha, Cha. . . .  You forgeting Rikkyjen prefers to live in the Antactica than the UK? grin grin grin grin

Exactly ma point.

Met. Police still have a valid warrant of arrest for your ass. tongue grin
Until it expires, don't even think about coming to the UK. tongue tongue tongue tongue
We shall meet in Abuja in august to see pre-season games there.

P.S. It took anutha 400 years for u guys to fully abolish slave trade after the Brits did. So who is fooling who? grin grin
Even in Naija where we come from, they say " My Lord" or have u forgotten Oputa panel? grin
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by rikkyjen(m): 4:19am On Jun 17, 2008
P.S. It took anutha 400 years for u guys to fully abolish slave trade after the Brits did. So who is fooling who?
Even in Naija where we come from, they say " My Lord" or have u forgotten Oputa panel?

As for the 400 years question, I dont wanna toe that path with ya. I plead the 5th on that!!! grin grin grin

As for the Naija "My Lord" ish, you know Naija borrowed that slavic shyte from the UK. . .Nigerian;s legal system is modelled after the UK's, so it aint surprising we have the "my lord" shyte in the courtroom and in the bedroom. Nigeria itself is a microcosym of what it practices, so i aint surprised you are in love with this ''my lord'' bunkum grin grin
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Jackal(m): 4:25am On Jun 17, 2008
Rikky pleading the 5th Amendment. . . . . .Thats a huge compliment.
Remember when those rednecks used to put Black peops at the back of the bus?
Is that not slavic-like?? tongue tongue tongue tongue

Nuthing wrong with "my lord" as long as both parties are comfy with it.
It is still miles better than "were" and "anuofia" most couples call emselves in Naija.
Do u reckon, son?? tongue
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by rikkyjen(m): 4:38am On Jun 17, 2008
Jackal:

Rikky pleading the 5th Amendment. . . . . .Thats a huge compliment.
Remember when those rednecks used to put Black peops at the back of the bus?
Is that not slavic-like?? tongue tongue tongue tongue

Nuthing wrong with "my lord" as long as both parties are comfy with it.
It is still miles better than "were" and "anuofia" most couples call emselves in Naija.
Do u reckon, son?? tongue

The bolded part WAS true and has been stopped. . . but why you gotta call your fellow man a "Lord" in the British Isles or as a Naijaman allow your wife call you Lord?
Allowing your wife to call you lord is the slavic shiznit son grin grin grin
Try this. . ."Lord Chacal. . .or is it "Lord Xerx"? grin grin grin. It makes you sound like some Buddha Monk or some Hindu temple boy in charge of the temple beatification grin grin grin
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Jackal(m): 4:52am On Jun 17, 2008
@ Rikkyjen,

I said there's nuthing wrong with it as long as the parties involved are comfy with it.
At the end of the day, calling him "LORD" does not really guarantee maximum respect.
Sometimes u respect people u call by their 1st names than othe ones u call "SIR", innit?
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by jkpretty(f): 2:22pm On Jun 17, 2008
My Lord?
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by Blatant: 2:27pm On Jun 17, 2008
Each to his/her own.

No one has all knowledge except God. There are no absolutes in terms of what is right or wrong
Re: A Wife Referring To Her Husband As "my Lord" by holythug(m): 4:41pm On Jun 17, 2008
maybe dats king solomon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Is this One Of The Signs To Know She Wants Sex When Going To A Guys Place (pics) / The Worst Date of my Life / I Feel Like Stabbing My Wife For Sleeping With Another Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.