Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,726 members, 7,955,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:15 PM

Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? (49498 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Why Do God Have To Create People GAY? Why? / Were Some People Existing Before Adam And Eve? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Tgirl4real(f): 7:16am On Sep 09, 2013
frank3.16:

I actually took my time to read this... Where did tHe bible say cain married his sister? Stop feeling u are wise with assumptions. If the bible described to us what happened to the first two children of adam and eve tellling us who cain married shouldnt have been a problem. Pls who did cain marry?
U are aDding to the bible which is against bible instruction. If the bible diD nt say it then it is not true.
If u dont know who cain married stop telling us what u feel. Cain did not marry his sister as the bible did not tell us so. Incest is wrong in the bible, dont say it wasnt wrong during the time of adam and Eve d bible didnt say so. U are nt God stop translatin rubbish.

Aptly put!!!

2 Likes

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Tgirl4real(f): 7:18am On Sep 09, 2013
As a matter of fact, Acts 17:26 didn't say anything of such. It's only saying everything was planned. Even the Gentiles were in God's plan from the beginning.
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Tgirl4real(f): 7:27am On Sep 09, 2013
Goshen360: I have gone to fetch the thread out!

Here you have the thread. Please go through it (4) pages: https://www.nairaland.com/943370/where-did-cain-got-wife

Again, I know there're heretic teachings that God created many people. Such teachings only destroys the validity of scriptures.

[i]New American Standard Bible
Now the man called his wife's name Eve, because she was the mother of all the living. Genesis 3:20

Can u pls tell us what Gen 5:1-2 mean? Why the plural?
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Tgirl4real(f): 7:38am On Sep 09, 2013
Goshen360:

The record you have in genesis 5:4 in chapters doesn't follow chronological order. It simply means, aside of Cain and Abel, there were many others given birth to that wasn't mentioned. This happened within the whole 800 years of Adam. We were not told d gap intervals at which Adam procreate then, but I believe if someone is procreating at 10 years intervals for 800 years, that will b a lot of children plus he was created an adult, not born by a woman.

Gosh Goshen!

This is pretty clear...

5:3 says he was 130 years when he had Seth. Seth was the first offspring after God cursed Cain and Abel died.

5:4 says he lived 800 years AFTER he had Seth, making a total of 930 years. vs 5. It was during these 800 years after Seth he had many sons and daughters.

Gosh! Thank God the bible is available in a language everyone can read.

1 Like

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by mcfynest(m): 7:53am On Sep 09, 2013
hmmmmmm...THIS IS SUPER STORY.......

@OP, I GUESS YOU SHOULD SEARCH FOR THIS TOPIC.....EXERGESIES OF CHAPTER ONE.....TRY READING IT AND GID HELPING YOU, YOU WILL UNDERSTAND

3 Likes

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 09, 2013
Goshen360: The OP asked, "Did God Create Some Set Of Males And Females Before Adam And Eve"?. The simple answer is NO.

Following the scriptures above, 1 Corinthians 15:45, Adam is the FIRST man (not men) and from Adam, every human race came to be, Acts 17:26. Eve on the other hand is called mother of ALL human race. So, the question of if God created other males and females BEFORE or AFTER Adam and Eve is scriptural nonsense. Because Adam sinned, EVERY HUMAN RACE sinned in and through Adam because every human race was INSIDE of Adam just like Eve was brought out from Adam.

Genesis 4:16-17 states, "And Cain went out from the presence of the Lord and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden. And Cain knew his wife and she conceived and bare Enoch."

The problem which many see is, "With only two boys on earth at that time, where did a woman come from? With just Adam and Eve, Abel’s parents – and Cain his brother, where did a 'woman’ come from? Was there another race of people on earth in a place called `Nod' and
Cain went there to get his wife?"

This, of course, is not what the Bible says. The problem is, (what it often is), people misquoting the Bible and saying it says what it does not say. The Bible does not say that Cain got his wife in the land of Nod. What it does say is that, in the land of Nod, "Cain knew his wife." Any scholar knows this word "knew" in Scripture has to do with family life, it does not mean "to get acquainted with," but, rather, refers to the begetting of children. As the New International Version renders it, "Cain lay with his wife, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch."

And, the Bible does not say that the land of Nod was a far-off country, it merely states that Nod was "east of Eden" All Scripture states in these verses, Genesis 4:16-17, is that Cain took his wife and went to live on the east side of Eden, in a place called "the land of Nod" and, while there, his first child was born.

to be continue . . .

When God drove adam and eve from eden the came to the earth, then how will cain leave his family and go back to the east of eden to a place called nod. Eden us diferent from the earth,eden us beyond the sun. Why do u think God made the sun.do u think its just to give sunlight?. When u read the gen 3 vs 24. That flaming sword is in the similitude of the sun, that is the boundary or firewall God placed ,cos he knew man will want to expore the space to know were the gate of eden is! Have u wondered y the scientist research about space?have u wondered why nasa sent men to the moon.?why can't they explore the sun , Gos who made all thing knw that man will want to find a way back to eden that's why He is only way which is jesus christ,who is the only way the truth and the life
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by MostHigh: 12:00pm On Sep 09, 2013
Goshen360:

Cain married from one of his sisters. We have dealt with this topic before on this forum. You can do a search and edify yourself.

That is not true. smiley
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by haibe(m): 8:07am On Sep 10, 2013
Goshen360: ^

Ah, aunty mi, e to lo n tele bobo obadiah yen? grin

What are you saying
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by haibe(m): 8:07am On Sep 10, 2013
MostHigh:

That is not true. smiley

What is true then??
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Tgirl4real(f): 8:09am On Sep 10, 2013
haibe:

What are you saying

He is speaking in tongues. grin

2 Likes

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by MostHigh: 8:33am On Sep 10, 2013
haibe:

What is true then??

Goshen supports inbreeding because he has reached his limit regarding inspiration.

The book of Enoch is pre genesis.

Go and read smiley

2 Likes

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by haibe(m): 8:48am On Sep 10, 2013
I tot we have discussed the issue of cain getting his wife before, well after lots of arguments we never arrived at a definite conclusion but here is my say:

First, i will like to establish that the birth of females are not usually concentrated on in the scriptures, for example you will hardly find where the bible says adam begat (*daughter's name*) but you will find adam begat cain, abel, seth, etc seth begat enos, enos begat cainan, cainan begat mahalaleel and so on, but hardly will you see the bible recognizing the birth of a female child like those males i gave above, we can't say they never had daugters right?, rather you just have 'and adam begat sons and daugters' or 'and seth begat sons and daugters', that's how we know they had daughters too, we were not given the daugters names or let me say their names weren't recorded as it is done for some of the males.

So does that mean adam did not give birth to daugters before giving birth to seth?? No, adam must have given birth to daughters before he gave birth to seth but because the birth of daugters were not usually recorded we may think he gave birth to only "cain and abel" before seth which is not true.

So cain got married to his sister, he knew his sister(wife) in the land of nod, in order words cain had sexuall intercourse with his wife in the land of nod, he did not just get familiar with his wife in the land of nod but copulatted with her in the land of nod.

So that's how cain got his wife, he must have married his sister(which must have been born before seth even though we have no record of it) for the scripture to make sense.

So the main point to note is that the births of daughters were not usually recorded but sons, for example adam at 130 yrs gave birth to seth and we know he gave birth to daughters too (Gen 5:4) but this daughters weren't recorded, Adam must have given birth to daughters before he bore seth, just like he might have also given birth to a daughter before cain and abel, we just might not have it recorded in the bible.

1 Like

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by haibe(m): 8:50am On Sep 10, 2013
MostHigh:

Goshen supports inbreeding because he has reached his limit regarding inspiration.

The book of Enoch is pre genesis.

Go and read smiley

If inbreeding was a sin since the time man was created, i bet you we would have a stagnant population and multiplication would be impossible. Until the mosaic law, inbreeding was considered normal.
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by MostHigh: 9:19am On Sep 10, 2013
haibe:

If inbreeding was a sin since the time man was created, i bet you we would have a stagnant population and multiplication would be impossible. Until the mosaic law, inbreeding was considered normal.

ok now smiley
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by MostHigh: 9:23am On Sep 10, 2013
haibe: I tot we have discussed the issue of cain getting his wife before, well after lots of arguments we never arrived at a definite conclusion but here is my say:

First, i will like to establish that the birth of females are not usually concentrated on in the scriptures, for example you will hardly find where the bible says adam begat (*daughter's name*) but you will find adam begat cain, abel, seth, etc seth begat enos, enos begat cainan, cainan begat mahalaleel and so on, but hardly will you see the bible recognizing the birth of a female child like those males i gave above, we can't say they never had daugters right?, rather you just have 'and adam begat sons and daugters' or 'and seth begat sons and daugters', that's how we know they had daughters too, we were not given the daugters names or let me say their names weren't recorded as it is done for some of the males.

So does that mean adam did not give birth to daugters before giving birth to seth?? No, adam must have given birth to daughters before he gave birth to seth but because the birth of daugters were not usually recorded we may think he gave birth to only "cain and abel" before seth which is not true.

So cain got married to his sister, he knew his sister(wife) in the land of nod, in order words cain had sexuall intercourse with his wife in the land of nod, he did not just get familiar with his wife in the land of nod but copulatted with her in the land of nod.

So that's how cain got his wife, he must have married his sister(which must have been born before seth even though we have no record of it) for the scripture to make sense.

So the main point to note is that the births of daughters were not usually recorded but sons, for example adam at 130 yrs gave birth to seth and we know he gave birth to daughters too (Gen 5:4) but this daughters weren't recorded, Adam must have given birth to daughters before he bore seth, just like he might have also given birth to a daughter before cain and abel, we just might not have it recorded in the bible.

Your personal interpretation. smiley

1 Like

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by haibe(m): 9:25am On Sep 10, 2013
MostHigh:

Your personal interpretation. smiley

Well maybe, what's your own interpretation?
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by debosky(m): 9:38am On Sep 10, 2013
haibe:

Correct.

This is speculation - there is nothing in scripture that says Adam 'must' have given birth to daughters before Seth. You cannot say it is 'not true' when you have no evidence.

You don't know who Cain married - the bible simply said Cain married, not who he married. It could be his sister, or niece, but we do not know.

Like Goshen said, if the scripture is silent on the identity, we should exercise caution in speculating.
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by haibe(m): 10:32am On Sep 10, 2013
debosky:

Correct.

This is speculation - there is nothing in scripture that says Adam 'must' have given birth to daughters before Seth. You cannot say it is 'not true' when you have no evidence.

You don't know who Cain married - the bible simply said Cain married, not who he married. It could be his sister, or niece, but we do not know.

Like Goshen said, if the scripture is silent on the identity, we should exercise caution in speculating.

1) If Adam did not have daughters before seth, how then did cain get his wife?

2) I used sister and not niece because its more realistic since abel died thereby reducing the possibility of him having a child and the bible never said abel had a wife or knew his wife, so if you say cain married his niece, you would also be speculating that abel had a daughter since the bible said nothing about him having one.

I exercised enough caution in speculating that he married his sister.
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by debosky(m): 11:02am On Sep 10, 2013
haibe:

1) If Adam did not have daughters before seth, how then did cain get his wife?

Why not after? All we know is that Seth was a 'replacement' for Abel, not the chronology of when daughters were born

2) I used sister and not niece because its more realistic since abel died thereby reducing the possibility of him having a child and the bible never said abel had a wife or knew his wife, so if you say cain married his niece, you would also be speculating that abel had a daughter since the bible said nothing about him having one.

I am not speculating at all - stick to what was written. Adam could have given birth to a daughter after Seth that Cain married - you don't know otherwise.
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 10, 2013
goshen coming in with heresies as usual smdh undecided

3 Likes

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by haibe(m): 11:20am On Sep 10, 2013
debosky:

Adam could have given birth to a daughter after Seth that Cain married - you don't know otherwise.

Very illogical, cain left the presence of God to the land of nod not long after he killed abel(read genesis 4) and so seth was born later as a replacement for abel(which of course should be more than 9 months after the incident), so cain could not have married a daugter bore by adam after seth was born because he(cain) had already left for the land of nod.
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Goshen360(m): 11:57am On Sep 10, 2013
Tgirl4real: As a matter of fact, Acts 17:26 didn't say anything of such. It's only saying everything was planned. Even the Gentiles were in God's plan from the beginning.

First, what is called exegesis is often more than that? Every SINGLE scripture can be broken into 2 or more parts depending on how long or how much you want to make out of it.

That being said, back to Acts 17:26, how does it say everything was PLANNED without focusing on the first part of that scripture?

Look again, (from different translations):

Weymouth New Testament
He caused to spring from one forefather people of every race, for them to live on the whole surface of the earth, and marked out for them an appointed span of life and the boundaries of their homes;

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
“And from one blood he made the whole world of humanity to be dwelling on the whole surface of The Earth and he marked out the times in his decrees and set the coasts of the dwelling places of humanity,”

NET Bible
From one man he made every nation of the human race to inhabit the entire earth, determining their set times and the fixed limits of the places where they would live,

International Standard Version
From one man he made every nation of humanity to live all over the earth, fixing the seasons of the year and the national boundaries within which they live,

Can you explain how EVERYONE was created FROM ONE MAN please?
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 10, 2013
Goshen360:

First, what is called exegesis is often more than that? Every SINGLE scripture can be broken into 2 or more parts depending on how long or how much you want to make out of it.

That being said, back to Acts 17:26, how does it say everything was PLANNED without focusing on the first part of that scripture?

Look again, (from different translations):

Weymouth New Testament
He caused to spring from one forefather people of every race, for them to live on the whole surface of the earth, and marked out for them an appointed span of life and the boundaries of their homes;

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
“And from one blood he made the whole world of humanity to be dwelling on the whole surface of The Earth and he marked out the times in his decrees and set the coasts of the dwelling places of humanity,”

NET Bible
From one man he made every nation of the human race to inhabit the entire earth, determining their set times and the fixed limits of the places where they would live,

International Standard Version
From one man he made every nation of humanity to live all over the earth, fixing the seasons of the year and the national boundaries within which they live,

Can you explain how EVERYONE was created FROM ONE MAN please?
the king of heresies himself, emperor bokassa Goshen grin grin
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by debosky(m): 12:07pm On Sep 10, 2013
haibe:

Very illogical, cain left the presence of God to the land of nod not long after he killed abel(read genesis 4) and so seth was born later as a replacement for abel(which of course should be more than 9 months after the incident), so cain could not have married a daugter bore by adam after seth was born because he(cain) had already left for the land of nod.

Nothing illogical - you don't know how long Cain took to go to Nod, neither do you know when he married his wife, or whether he returned to Adam's location take a wife and then went back to Nod. You simply don't know. If you don't know, why speculate?
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by debosky(m): 12:08pm On Sep 10, 2013
Tgirl4real: As a matter of fact, Acts 17:26 didn't say anything of such. It's only saying everything was planned. Even the Gentiles were in God's plan from the beginning.

Madam, the verse says from ONE MAN - it can mean nothing else. Adam is everyone's father.
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 10, 2013
debosky:

Madam, the verse says from ONE MAN - it can mean nothing else. Adam is everyone's father.
ahhhh Sire but is Adam a mans name or a description of how people were formed ? wink

1 Like

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by debosky(m): 12:17pm On Sep 10, 2013
obadiah777: ahhhh Sire but is Adam a mans name or a description of how people were formed ? wink

Ok,let's leave aside the name Adam for a moment. It could mean a description right? Nevertheless the verse in Acts says from ONE MAN he made the nations - whatever that man's name is. Or does ONE MAN not mean ONE MAN? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by haibe(m): 12:22pm On Sep 10, 2013
debosky:

Nothing illogical - you don't know how long Cain took to go to Nod, neither do you know when he married his wife, or whether he returned to Adam's location take a wife and then went back to Nod. You simply don't know. If you don't know, why speculate?

Returned to adam's location again? SMH!!
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 10, 2013
debosky:

Ok,let's leave aside the name Adam for a moment. It could mean a description right? Nevertheless the verse in Acts says from ONE MAN he made the nations - whatever that man's name is. Or does ONE MAN not mean ONE MAN? cheesy
ahhhh Sire the more you see the less you know. the more you perceive the less you comprehend. That book you have with you there called the bible is the most convoluted book ever created. a nation of people can be presented as one man.

but lets digress. what does Adam mean ? comes from the hebrew word Adamah which means 'from the ground'. so when it ways we all come from Adam, tis the same as saying we all come from the ground which we do and will return to the ground
wink wink

1 Like

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by wordcat(m): 1:23pm On Sep 10, 2013
[quote
author=Goshen360]Most think that there was only Cain and Abel born to
Adam and Eve but the Bible actually teaches that by the time Cain took a
wife there were many human beings, that came from Adam and Eve
according to Acts 17:26. It's not everything recorded in the Book
of Genesis is written in an exact chronological order. The events of
Genesis eleven (the Tower of Babel) happened in the middle of chapter
10, chronologically speaking.

Genesis 5:4 states, "Then the days of Adam after he became the father
of Seth were eight hundred years, and he had other sons and
daughters."

Both Adam and Eve driven out of the garden. Genesis 3:23-24. All their
offspring were born outside the garden. Gen 5:4 "After he begot
Seth, the days of Adam were eight hundred years; and he had sons and
daughters.” The male child born to Adam and Eve after Cain killed Abel
was Seth, when Adam was 130 years old.

Gen 5:6 Seth lived one hundred and five years, and begot Enosh.
Scripture tells us "After he (Adam) begot Seth, the days of Adam were
eight hundred years; and he had sons and daughters." (Gen. 5:4). It also
says of Seth "After he begot Enosh, Seth lived eight hundred and seven
years, and had sons and daughters (Gen. 5:7). Daughters are not
mentioned Gen.5 the phrase had sons and daughters is the key phrase but
the first male born in the family is mentioned by name and also for God
to show us the lineage with which the messiah will come, so not all
names are necessary.

So either Cain got his wife sometime after from Seth's lineage or from
Adam and Eves lineage that produced numerous children after they left
the garden. We see by the record that there were a number of people by
the time Cain killed his brother Abel, Genesis 4:15.

Besides these three sons Adam and Eve had many other unnamed sons and
daughters.The Bible does not give the exact time period when Cain took
his wife. Depending on how much time there was between Cain being
married, he either married a distant sister, or if enough time
transpired, he could have married his own niece.

Marriage to a sister in the early stage of the human race was not
considered wrong or unnatural. Even later on Abraham’s wife was his
half-sister (Genesis 20:12); also 24:4 and 28:2. God did not prohibit
such marriages until the time of Moses when is was specifically stated
it was against the law of God according to Lev. 18:9, 18:11, 20:17, and
Deut. 27:22.

There's simplicity in scriptures even though somethings scripture is
silent, then we have to remain silent too. If God through the Apostles
said, ALL human race came from Adam and Eve, I don't know of any
interpretation that could be given to it other than this. To say God
created other people aside Adam and Eve destroys the truth of
scriptures.[/quote]

Hehehehe pls tel me another thing.
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by debosky(m): 2:17pm On Sep 10, 2013
obadiah777: ahhhh Sire the more you see the less you know. the more you perceive the less you comprehend. That book you have with you there called the bible is the most convoluted book ever created. a nation of people can be presented as one man.

but lets digress. what does Adam mean ? comes from the hebrew word Adamah which means 'from the ground'. so when it ways we all come from Adam, tis the same as saying we all come from the ground which we do and will return to the ground
wink wink

Correct - but, as you so clearly mentioned, Corinthians doesn't mention Adam. It says we have come from ONE MAN. Abi does ONE MAN also mean we all come from the ground?
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 10, 2013
debosky:

Correct - but, as you so clearly mentioned, Corinthians doesn't mention Adam. It says we have come from ONE MAN. Abi does ONE MAN also mean we all come from the ground?
it be written like that sometimes to further shroud you in mystery wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

"MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? / TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC / Ogbanje Church Of All Nations Opens In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.