Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,525 members, 7,816,282 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! (27887 Views)

Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants / President Jonathan Commissions Phase 1 504MW Alaoji Power Station, In Abia- Pics / Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by bionicdude(m): 5:06pm On Sep 08, 2013
they can build nuclear power stations but to give ASUU money they will say d economy will collapse.I wonder who they want to run d stations since our universities are sub standard so i guess only expatriates den.Fg certainly don't know how to set their priorities

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by ujoinme: 5:07pm On Sep 08, 2013
YOU see una life ooo, nobody want the plant to be built in their zone, If Nna refinery now every one go want make them build am for im papa backyard.SMH
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by rodeo0070(m): 5:07pm On Sep 08, 2013
Niger-area decision makers will never cease to amaze me...
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Freiburger(m): 5:08pm On Sep 08, 2013
naijaking1:

Lagos will be a good location. It will supply western Nigeria, Togo, Benin, Ghana, Songhai, and Timbuktu!
Don't tell me you dont know where the Uranium is deposited...B.T.T, I 'll call this a legal pathway to access the raw material they 'ved longed been hungry of. Kudos to the Russians, smart guys.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 08, 2013
Horus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd5fiGtJ8M8

Ghana Atomic Energy Commission And Nuclear Energy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVjM5NAlEPI

Is Kenya Ready for Nuclear Energy?

African leaders lack vision, why don't we make used of the abundant solar energy that we have in our environment.

While the developed worlds are thinking of renewable energy, we are thinking if the death trap which is nuclear energy.

Nigeria doesn't need nuclear, it has enough gas to power the country for a king time.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by ochukoccna: 5:08pm On Sep 08, 2013
Intellectual dishonesty and mental laziness at work
What of the gas we flare in the Niger Delta area daily? embarassed embarassed
Can't such power gas turbines? sad
We also have abundance of sunlight all year round to harness but we don't yet we keep romancing ghosts with our lust for nuclear power undecided
Delusion angry angry
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by akereconfi: 5:08pm On Sep 08, 2013
By the time our next generation start to get deformities

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by xplizit(m): 5:09pm On Sep 08, 2013
This should have come up on April 1st, so we know it's April fool tonic....somebody pls wake me!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by gbadexy(m): 5:11pm On Sep 08, 2013
I'm interested in where the nuclear power plant would be located.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 08, 2013
Now I see the reason why Nigeria current govt withdrawn tapping power from America and for those of us ranting about America being intervene Syria , I want us all to notice this two thiings 1. America govt will never use its world power to oppress the poor 2. America govt. Will never use its world power to violate human right or co-joined with any world leaders to violate the right of its people , .. So current Nigeria govt not cool with America govt policy so they have to withdraw tapping world power from America ' can we all kindly help ourself to ask our current govt which side are they on this Syria issue ? My fellow nigerians what gose around comes around

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by krugar07(m): 5:11pm On Sep 08, 2013
Confusion:

We do not intend to play with it but to engage it for better use
Yes there will be risk but if u never take that step you will never know how good u are
its like u dont knw d country you are in...lets first be good in dams, roads, hospitals, universities b4 thinking of playing with nukes.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by YoshiMaster: 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2013
What people are failing to realize is that we have coal in Nigeria.

Why has the government left all the coal mines to die. Look at the energy generation chart for the U.S below, you can see that the main source of energy for them is coal.

I am always sad when I realize that most of our coal mines are inactive, unless the case has presently changed.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Confusion: 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2013
CROWÉ: If Nigeria develops a nuclear project it would be time to pack up and leave, because within 5 years that shit will kill us all.

I think its a good idea for you to leave, so that true patriot can stay back and build without carrying unneccessay load
There will always be collateral damage for venturing into new area but it is better taken than to wallow in mediocrity
Go read the book the enemy called average
I think you need it
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by jmaine: 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2013
ujoinme: YOU see una life ooo, nobody want the plant to be built in their zone, If Nna refinery now every one go want make them build am for im papa backyard.SMH

To hell with the proposed nuclear plant . . .

As a matter of fact, if the FG dare tries to force it down our throats. I will be more than willing to be among those who will resist it.

The Russians known for their careless and reckless nuclear power plant maintenance shouldn't be our preferred partner . .

I dey vex . . angry
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by ujoinme: 5:13pm On Sep 08, 2013
gbadexy: I'm interested in where the nuclear power plant would be located.
In your fathers backyard.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by promisengr(m): 5:13pm On Sep 08, 2013
Nigeria is nt ready 4 such
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by dad007(m): 5:14pm On Sep 08, 2013
ghananotnaija: If it is built, build it in the East of Nigeria, as far away from Ghana as possible, because it's guaranteed to have a major malfunction. With all the ignorance and corruption in Nigeria, I would be surprised if the Nigerian plant workers don't try to steal safety infrastructure or even uranium fuel rods, it's a train wreck just waiting to happen.

How do you kill a lot of Nigerians? Build them a nuclear power plant and staff it with typical corrupt Nigerians.
Yesooooo,dey have finally figure out how kill us all via Russia.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Bimpss(f): 5:15pm On Sep 08, 2013
If this is true, then Nigeria is asking for huge trouble. God, they haven't even fix the bad roads that people drive on everyday and they are worrying themselves with nuclear power plants. Handle the problems at hand first before you involve yourself with bigger dilemmas. It's like they have a death wish or something .
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by sambos994(m): 5:15pm On Sep 08, 2013
Not a good idea...
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 08, 2013
Confusion:

I think its a good idea for you to leave, so that true patriot can stay back and build without carrying unneccessay load
There will always be collateral damage for venturing into new area but it is better taken than to wallow in mediocrity
Go read the book the enemy called average
I think you need it

yes sir, your handle speaks volume.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Horus(m): 5:16pm On Sep 08, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XNix87YIC0

[size=15pt]Goodluck Jonathan inaugurates atomic energy commission[/size]
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by AskProf: 5:19pm On Sep 08, 2013

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by crackhaus: 5:20pm On Sep 08, 2013
For all those interested, I've got an evacuation contingency plan on standby. All you have to do is pay a registration fee of 250,000Naira and your seat is guaranteed. The destination territory is called 'The New Nigeria', and it is devoid of biased, hypocritical, self-propagating and clueless politicians.

Please understand, it is not my wish that our beloved country be blown to smitherines but this ending is inevitable should a Nuclear Power Plant/Station be established by the Russians any where within our borders.

#thankyouforyourtime
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 08, 2013
Confusion:

We do not intend to play with it but to engage it for better use
Yes there will be risk but if u never take that step you will never know how good u are
THE NAME SAYS IT ALL
NEED I SAY MORE?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by slap1(m): 5:21pm On Sep 08, 2013
Gideojim: May God help this Time, I pray it work out Properlly It going to be great I have long expect this From FG
Are you a Nigerian? Do you live in Nigeria? Do you know about nuclear plants?
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Judek2(m): 5:24pm On Sep 08, 2013
Foolishness once more.. The so called giant of Africa.

End of days for Nigeria undecided
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Horus(m): 5:26pm On Sep 08, 2013
slap1: Are you a Nigerian? Do you live in Nigeria? Do you know about nuclear plants?

He live at Fukushima

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nonybb: 5:29pm On Sep 08, 2013
That plant should be located at Maiduguri up north
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by bigtt76(f): 5:30pm On Sep 08, 2013
De one Russia help build (Ajaokuta Steel) never still roll out any thing we don go back to them for Nuclear Reactor ...#alrite oo!
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 08, 2013
naijaking1: The last project done by Russians in Nigeria was the Ajaokuta Iron/steel complex, how did that turn out
. U ar rite
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by nopecin(m): 5:31pm On Sep 08, 2013
grin first so say end tym ti*s.....opin aye
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by victokafor(m): 5:31pm On Sep 08, 2013
Why is it that we are always pessimistic of innovations that will catapult us to greatness? Anyway Uncle Joe, Kudos to you buuuut the security situation of the country needs to be addressed well. This development can as well serve as a catalyst for terrorism in some parts of the country. Maybe the nuclear site can be sited in the NORTH!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

From London To Abuja In 50 Days: Buhari’s Return -Reuben Abati / Atiku's Campaign Start On Monday With The Launch Of His Policy Document / APC Women And Youth Presidential Campaign In PH Stadium Rivers State. Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.