Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! (27882 Views)

Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants / President Jonathan Commissions Phase 1 504MW Alaoji Power Station, In Abia- Pics / Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Rossikk(m): 7:53pm On Sep 08, 2013
Bimpss:

Here we go again with the name calling. Oh i do make errors, but not errors that are crucial to the topic if that's what you are wondering...

You ARE ridiculous for criticising someone's ''honesty'' who corrects his initial post and then points someone to its update!! What is ''dishonest'' about that? And spare us the ''crucial to a topic blah blah...''.. you can make an error at anytime. Once you correct it, you cannot be blamed. Common sense!
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Bimpss(f): 7:54pm On Sep 08, 2013
Rossikk:

You ARE ridiculous for criticsing someone's ''honesty'' who corrects his initial post and then points someone to its update!!

Ok you are really starting to get on my nerves, please go take several seats sir..
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by tbaba1234: 7:54pm On Sep 08, 2013
This is pure stupidity.

How many countries are still building Nuclear Plants ?? All the Nuclear Plants in the US were built years ago. Even though Nuclear plants have a very high capacity factor (Meaning they can work most of the time). It makes no sense economically particularly for a developing country like Nigeria.

The cost is constantly rising and the budgeted cost for a nuclear plant is almost guaranteed to increase over the period of construction. It is impossible to plan for. We are talking billions of dollars.

Why is Nigeria even thinking about this?? Pure stupidity. Who thinks of these stuff?

We have ASUU on Strike, the doctors on strike and you want to spend billions of dollars on the highly variable cost of establishing a nuclear plant. We can set up coal plants instead.

We need to set our priorities straight.

Tbaba1234
Energy Engineer.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by BetaThings: 7:54pm On Sep 08, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: well I'm actually discussing your blood thirsty religion and his fallacies.
BTW - a religion that believes that Omnipotent God will put His "son" because of a third party has issues
Wasn't that the precursor to burning people at the stake for heresy of doctrine of discovery or your wars of religions?
BTW not half as bloodthirsty as the gendermes whose blood lust is legendary
Crocodile tears - a cameroonian concerned about people being killed

CAMEROONPRIDE:
Erm what's the difference between annexing and occupying?

Between permanent and temporary

CAMEROONPRIDE:
Anyway I prefer a full scale war, but unfortunately we don't fight a friend, neighbor and a country weaker than us
You will have it, France or no France. I assure you of it. It will be a great solution to these irritations
I miss men - Abacha, Idiagbon, etc
weaker - the meaning of that word has changed - a country of eunuchs - Just one person has subjugated over 20m people
I dare you to post what you say here on a blog in your country, you will know what it means to come into contact with plutonium. Strong indeed!
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Rossikk(m): 7:55pm On Sep 08, 2013
Bimpss:

Ok you are really starting to get on my nerves, please go take several seats sir..

Go jump in the fcking Pacific ocean!
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by solomon111(m): 7:55pm On Sep 08, 2013
We should build atleast 3 of those nuclear plants and then allow the russians to control it for atleast 8 years with a commensurate transfer of "technical know-how" from the russians at the same time.
It's not as complex as it sounds.
South-africa has a nuclear power plant and they're still alive.
why can't we?
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Bimpss(f): 7:56pm On Sep 08, 2013
Rossikk:

Go jump in the fcking Pacific ocean!

after you bro. smiley
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Rossikk(m): 7:57pm On Sep 08, 2013
solomon111: We should build atleast 3 of those nuclear plants and then allow the russians to control it for at least 8 years with a commensurate transfer of "technical know-how" from the russians at the same time.

That was what I was about to add to Billyoniare's post. There MUST be a programme for handover to Nigerians.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 08, 2013
Can we all calm our nerves ? I think most of our tempers are going nuclear already. Sometimes I believe nuclear reactors are safer than malaria parasites.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by ifebosco: 7:58pm On Sep 08, 2013
jmaine:

To hell with the proposed nuclear plant . . .

As a matter of fact, if the FG dare tries to force it down our throats. I will be more than willing to be among those who will resist it.

The Russians known for their careless and reckless nuclear power plant maintenance shouldn't be our preferred partner . .

I dey vex . . angry
drink red wine
nothing go happy na naija you they,200million mumu go laugh when you die
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by BetaThings: 7:58pm On Sep 08, 2013
solomon111: We should build atleast 3 of those nuclear plants and then allow the russians to control it for atleast 8 years with a commensurate transfer of "technical know-how" from the russians at the same time.
South-africa has a nuclear power plant and they're still alive.
why can't we?
Tell me about the Russian management of Ajaokuta
And that nuclear submarine Kursk
Like somebody said, if you insist - relocate the office of the president to another uninhabited place and put the nuclear plant nearby.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 08, 2013
solomon111: Solar and wind have the same problem.
Totally unreliable,and expensive for industries.
Biofuels are currently undergoing research.
Even the most advanced countries have not yet utilized it.
The only valid option is Gas.
m not 100% sure about it but I think Brazil is already using biofuels and they are advanced industrially.

Could b wrong about them using it tho
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by tbaba1234: 7:59pm On Sep 08, 2013
Billyonaire: Can we all calm our nerves ? I think most of our tempers are going nuclear already. Sometimes I believe nuclear reactors are safer than malaria parasites.

Even without the safety concerns, it is still a stupid idea.

Just another way to funnel funds
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by ifebosco: 7:59pm On Sep 08, 2013
Billyonaire: Can we all calm our nerves ? I think most of our tempers are going nuclear already. Sometimes I believe nuclear reactors are safer than malaria parasites.
depend on who is doing it for you.russia is a corrupt country like nigeria
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by ujoinme: 7:59pm On Sep 08, 2013
Am hoping we will be able to twist this nuclear thing into a tribal thing as we do in every post in Nairaland. come on guys am counting on you dont disappoint me. keeping my finger crossed
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by BetaThings: 8:00pm On Sep 08, 2013
Litvinenko disagrees
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by skyfall: 8:02pm On Sep 08, 2013
They should build it in Otueke, Bayelsa State. Those jobless militants will be staffed there.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 08, 2013
Rossikk:

That was what I was about to add to Billyoniare's post. There MUST be a programme for handover to Nigerians.

I am NOT in support of Technology transfer to Nigerians at any stage, because that clause will make the project 'unsaleable' to the public. I believe a consortium of Nigeria business(es) can sign MoU with Russian Energy company to Build and Maintain these Power plants under IEAEA framework, and sell the power generated to bulk traders.

We can talk about technology transfer 50 yrs from now, what we need is electricity for our factories and homes.

The Nuclear Power Plants and Reactors should be built thousands of kilometers away from habitable land.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 08, 2013
Let's put it up north and blow them all bokoharamists
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 08, 2013
ifebosco: depend on who is doing it for you.russia is a corrupt country like nigeria
Corruption is everywhere, but sir, it will be built by Russian Company NOT Russia.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 08, 2013
tbaba1234:

Even without the safety concerns, it is still a stupid idea.

Just another way to funnel funds
Funds will always be funneled whether there is a project or not, but cant you stop complaining of corruption already ?
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by BetaThings: 8:06pm On Sep 08, 2013
Billyonaire:

I am NOT in support of Technology transfer to Nigerians at any stage, because that clause will make the project 'unsaleable' to the public. I believe a consortium of Nigeria business(es) can sign MoU with Russian Energy company to Build and Maintain these Power plants under IEAEA framework, and sell the power generated to bulk traders.

We can talk about technology transfer 50 yrs from now, what we need is electricity for our factories and homes.

The Nuclear Power Plants and Reactors should be built thousands of kilometers away from habitable land.

This donor democracy makes it difficult for you guys to understand
There is no point discussing "modalities" for selling snow to an eskimo
If they want to vandalise the damn thing, I will join

How did the floods of 2012 go?
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by ghananotnaija(m): 8:07pm On Sep 08, 2013
Bimpss:

Why Deal with it?? ?? ?? Why not just go back to your country?? It's not by force to stay in nigeria if you don't like it.. Idioots this days..

Because God made a mistake when He put oil in Nigeria, so there is all this money from oil in this country. So I'm here to get a piece of the action. The same reason that Nigerians and other Africans venture to Europe, Asia, and North America, suffering through all that racist bigotry and discrimination in order to live a better life.

Don't think I'm in Nigeria because it's a great country. Nigeria's only relevant in the world because of the oil under its ground.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by tbaba1234: 8:08pm On Sep 08, 2013
Also, who deals with Nuclear waste..

We are talking about a country that cannot maintain its stadia, airports and monuments.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by BetaThings: 8:08pm On Sep 08, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Let's put it up north and blow them all bokoharamists
Religion of love of turning the other cheek
Another brilliant idea from Hitler's brethren
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by EliteQueen(f): 8:09pm On Sep 08, 2013
quote author=Chanchit]Pls just build it around Maduguri or Bauchi. They have lands big enough.
#lemme keep my real reasons#
Nigeria wei no fit manage common national stadium.[/quote]
Ω̴̩̩̩̥a fear be Τ̲̅ђï§ one?grin
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by ecolime(m): 8:10pm On Sep 08, 2013
Nuclear power station? shocked.. I think this is a misplaced priority. Nigeria isn't ripe for it. Well, if they insist then it must be sited in Bayelsa state because it's a calm place grin
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 08, 2013
Nothing can be sillier in fact. We have readily available gas, coal and at worst sunshine.

Nuclear power is not viable; you are guaranteed today but not tomorrow. Radioactive doses, wastes etc are enough cause for concern, what about the cost of building and maintenance?

Isn't it more sensible to pipe the gas rather than flare it?
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 08, 2013
BetaThings:
This donor democracy makes it difficult for you guys to understand
There is no point discussing "modalities" for selling snow to an eskimo
If they want to vandalise the damn thing, I will join

How did the floods of 2012 go?

Flood doesnt not affect Nuclear Plants adversely, infact, Iced Water is a major coolant for reactors.

Power Plants and Reactors are always sited at "No Go Areas", you have no business journeying into the desert, like I repeatedly say. Must be sited at "inhabitable" places. Its not big grammar naw.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Bimpss(f): 8:12pm On Sep 08, 2013
ghananotnaija:

Because God made a mistake when He put oil in Nigeria, so there is all this money from oil in this country. So I'm here to get a piece of the action. The same reason that Nigerians and other Africans venture to Europe, Asia, and North America, suffering through all that racist bigotry and discrimination in order to live a better life.

Don't think I'm in Nigeria because it's a great country. Nigeria's only relevant in the world because of the oil under its ground.

seems legit undecided
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 08, 2013
tbaba1234: Also, who deals with Nuclear waste..

We are talking about a country that cannot maintain its stadia, airports and monuments.

Which country is that ?
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by BetaThings: 8:13pm On Sep 08, 2013
ghananotnaija: Nigeria's only relevant in the world because of the oil under its ground.
And why is Ghana relevant?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

PDP To Sanction Fani-kayode / Next Senate’ll Probe Saraki – APC Senators / 21 Aspirants Jostle For Kogi Governorship APC Ticket [see Full List Inside]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.