Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,590 members, 7,816,454 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! (27889 Views)

Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants / President Jonathan Commissions Phase 1 504MW Alaoji Power Station, In Abia- Pics / Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Omotolaaraujo(f): 6:53pm On Sep 08, 2013
I fear the waste from power plants. It gets buried and who knows when it might get out into the environment. They are graveyards forever.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 08, 2013
Jeez alot of ignorance in this thread, everybody seems to know about nuclear energy from Hollywood and general pop culture. On the link below you can read up on nuclear energy and see that it's actually safest and most progressive power generation method in the world. The technology has improved alot since chernoble.

www.world-nuclear.org/info/Safety-and-Security/Safety-of-Plants/Safety-of-Nuclear-Power-Reactors/
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 08, 2013
The same Nigeria that has been proved unable to follow basic overwhelming dam procedures is trying to acquire nuclear power plant ah ah ..the same Nigeria that is always caught unaware of flooding from our dam , that doesn't understand the B-A =BA of releasing water from a dam ? Please go play somewhere else , how is Nigeria going to manage a nuclear cloud? My beloved neighbor please don't

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 08, 2013
Sensible countries are gradually phasing out their nuclear power plants and Nigeria is thinking of adopting it because it is cheap. How backward in thinking!!!

If countries with good infrastructure, credible individuals and good security consider it risky, how should nigeria with the direct opposites view it?

I don't think nigeria has exhausted all her options in terms of energy generation so we shouldn't be thinking about the sure-to-be-dangerous nuclear.

I mean there's opportunity for solar, wind, more hydro plants, gas powered plants, etc. We are blessed with rivers, abundant sun, wind, etc. So I don't see why we should be desperate for solar cos it is cheap.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by ghananotnaija(m): 6:58pm On Sep 08, 2013
Allen kee:

I HATE IT WHEN A FOREIGNER COMES TO THIS FORUM ONLY TO INSULT NIGERIA.
LET NIGERIANS BE THE ONES CRITIZISING NIGERIA.
GHANA HEGOAT, LEAVE NIGERIA FOR NIGERIANS WE KNOW HOW TO SOLVE OUR PROBLEMS.
REMOVE THE WOOD IN YOUR EYES SO YOU CAN SEE CLEARLY TO REMOVE DUST IN YOUR NEIGHBOUR'S EYES.
YOU ARE VERY VERY STUPID FOR COMMING HERE TO INSULT NIGERIA.

I happen to be a Ghanaian residing long-term in Lagos, this being my 5th year in Nigeria. So, I have a very big stake in what goes on in Nigeria, and I have a say about what goes on in this country.

I have to deal with the BS that is Nigerian culture and society on a daily basis, so I'm on Nairaland to vent my frustration.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 08, 2013
krugar07: so ur sayin dat the japanese didnt have sense to use lead wall abi. maybe u shld be the one to build this nuke plant with all the knowledge u got frm studying

1. Japan is prone to EarthQuake and Tsunami, we are not, and we will never be.

2. Japan built the plants in residential areas, that was a great mistake.

Learning from their mistakes is a great step and we can take it from there, great nations of tomorrow need Nuclear Energy not just for energy but for self preservation.

By the way, the energy of the sun we enjoy everyday is a result of Nuclear Fusion of Hydrogen isotopes -deuterium etc, so we have been enjoying nuclear products without wanting to repeat nature's science which is always at reach.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by BetaThings: 6:59pm On Sep 08, 2013
zetdee: Jeez alot of ignorance in this thread, everybody seems to know about nuclear energy from Hollywood and general pop culture. On the link below you can read up on nuclear energy and see that it's actually the safest and most progressive power generation method in the world.

www.world-nuclear.org/info/Safety-and-Security/Safety-of-Plants/Safety-of-Nuclear-Power-Reactors/
Tell us about Chernobyl
Fukushima
3 mile incident

Safest? Safest?? Nigeria have enemies aplenty
A country where a plane collided with cows on the runway!
Tell me any fire that occurred on the 8th floor of a building that has been put out rather than being watched burn itself out
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Bimpss(f): 7:00pm On Sep 08, 2013
ghananotnaija:

I happen to be a Ghanaian residing long-term in Lagos, this being my 5th year in Nigeria. So, I have a very big stake in what goes on in Nigeria, and I have a say about what goes on in this country.

I have to deal with the BS that is Nigerian culture and society on a daily basis, so I'm on Nairaland to vent my frustration.

Why Deal with it?? ?? ?? Why not just go back to your country?? It's not by force to stay in nigeria if you don't like it.. Idioots this days..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by nora544: 7:01pm On Sep 08, 2013
Billyonaire:

Ignorant is not a curse in this context, if I do not understand road construction, I am ignorant of it, and if someone tells me am ignorant of it, I take no offense cos its true.

Nuclear Energy and Radiation fear is unfounded, the Nuclear Technology has evolved with time, Japan's Accident was as a Result of Tsunami and Earthquake. There is NEVER be Earthquake in Nigeria, our tectonic plates are nowhere near San Andres Fault Lines, so our fears are unfounded.

Regarding mismanagement; My position is that the Nuclear Power Plant be private owned, managed by Russians and the generated electricity sold to Bulk Traders.

There is no fear, cos the radiation is not like Oxygen, there is no way it can go thousands of kilometers from the plant. The mistake those countries made is/was siting nuclear plants within habitable areas.

We will learn from their mistakes.

The accident what happen in the Uraine, there was no tzunami, there was no earthquake.

When this happen (1986) I live 1000 km away from this place, I can tell you how it is when you have a child and you cannot go out, because it brings danger to your health. You have to look what you eat because the food was not okay.
You don't know how many people lose there life, you don't know that Chernobyl is still a problem and they have to build a new cover for this brocken nuclear power plant.

Please tell me why Germany step out of this programm in 10 years because they know it is not safe.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by searay(m): 7:02pm On Sep 08, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^The bokites will be salivating at the cataclysmic possibilities!.......abeg they can have it up north! sad
I Searay AkpanUdontuenibokadueabasiakpaitok Benedict(Hon to be) onbehalf of myself, my wife to be(wherever she is), my children yet unborn + my wasted seeds rise to support this motion. The siting should be done in the North as there is no land any more in the south south for the siting.
Finally, I thank Etisalat for allowing me to browse after four days of their poor services in my area, I thank my advanced Nokia3310 for still being patience on me. My appreciations goes to all the Super MODs and ordinary MODs for all the bans so far on NL and for allowing this post to be. I can't fail to thank myself(a MOD to be) for banding myself fron NL since 2weeks ago. I thank #TeamGarri and #TeamFirstus des comentes for all their comments and roles on NL. I also thank you that will like this post. May God bless you. I on this note, declare my support and membership for the up springing and promising group #TeamETTs.
Long live Nairaland!
Long the Federal republic of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Burger01(m): 7:04pm On Sep 08, 2013
Federal misplaced priority. ASUU and other wahala dey there na Nuclear power station--that would never see the light of the day--they wan build. Smh.. Another avenue for syphoning money.

undecided
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 08, 2013
If these guys are not just total tards, our natural gas reserves is far bigger than our crude reserves! Those useless IOCs flare that stuff everyday. Aside from the potential of generating electricity with it, our people have no business using firewood in this time and age.

Our proven natural gas reserves is only bested by 7 countries in the world, I'm sure I don't need to even name these countries. And yet we don't have electricity.

Every mumu that said nuclear energy is the future needs to be shot, regardless of whether they know jackshyte about what they say or not! The world is moving to shale for Pete's sake!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Rossikk(m): 7:06pm On Sep 08, 2013
Billyonaire:

I studied much about Nuclear Physics with specialty in nuclear fusion and fission. I also expanded my research to Isotopy, Entropy etc.

Fear is borne out of ignorance, lead wall is one of the best protection against radiation, I can only assume that people's fear is borne out of their ignorance of the dynamics of nuclear energy and its derivatives.

Billyonaire, the problem is that the minute they hear the word ''nuclear'', they think ''mass destruction and calamity''. Ok tell me something. We have right now as we speak a NUCLEAR REACTOR working and functioning efficiently in Nigeria and have done so for the last 10 years at least, correct?

How many of these posters KNOW this? Probably less than 1%.

One poster asked ''what does Nigeria know about nuclear energy?'' I couldn't help but laugh. grin I actually have an uncle who is a nuclear scientist and is a consultant to the Chinese govt in atomic energy. There are many other Nigerians like him. Yet one goat, sitting behind his cheap computer is asking ''what does Nigeria know about...''?? Really sometimes it's best to ignore them.

Of course there are legitimate reasons to question the establishment of a nuclear power plant. But the reasons being adduced by most here are naive. Someone said ''ah, we don't have constant light, yet they want to build nuclear plant.''

Does India have constant light? Nope.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-06-07/chandigarh/39814438_1_voltage-fluctuation-power-breakdown-outage

http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2013/01/14/the-cost-of-power-cuts-to-india-inc/

Does Pakistan have constant light? Nope.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/jun/19/pakistan-power-cut-riots

But these countries are solid nuclear powers. Even launching space rockets and thinking of sending men to the moon etc. Plus their economies are growing. They haven't come out and said ''ah! We don't have light. We still have bad roads. Let us solve all those problems first BEFORE.''. Instead, they diversify their productivity and output in all areas. They KNOW they need to COMPETE on several levels of engagement with the world. That they can't afford to go ''one step at a time''. I applaud Nigerian leaders for thinking likewise for the Giant of Africa.

As for the environmental impact of nuclear plants, the mention of Fukushima is rather inappropriate as I believe that was caused by an earthquake/tsunami event, and Nigeria is not on a faultline for earthquakes, which should protect us against such natural catastrophes.

Nevertheless, we need to study very carefully all the possible negative eventualities arising from such a move - and not be afraid to ditch the idea if it proves too risky - and weigh them against the potential benefits.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 08, 2013
nora544:

The accident what happen in the Uraine, there was no tzunami, there was no earthquake.

When this happen (1986) I live 1000 km away from this place, I can tell you how it is when you have a child and you cannot go out, because it brings danger to your health. You have to look what you eat because the food was not okay.
You don't know how many people lose there life, you don't know that Chernobyl is still a problem and they have to build a new cover for this brocken nuclear power plant.

Please tell me why Germany step out of this programm in 10 years because they know it is not safe.

Those were the elementary days of nuclear energy. science and technology has evolved overtime. The mere fact that they built those plants in habitable region is an indication that the technology was evolving then. The basic barrier they used then was lead and its isotopes, it was cool but now we have better technologies and understanding of the technology now.

Most EU nations are phasing out Nuclear Plants that were sited in habitable places, and another reason is they have generated more than needed megawatts and have no need for the back-up plants.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by BetaThings: 7:09pm On Sep 08, 2013
Billyonaire:

1. Japan is prone to EarthQuake and Tsunami, we are not, and we will never be.

Please don't tell us lies here
You are discussing geography please, not spinning about GEj's programmes
Please don't let us go nuclear on that issue
Billyonaire:
2. Japan built the plants in residential areas, that was a great mistake.

Please this is too much!
You think that only the immediate vicinity of a nuclear accident is affected by the fall out?
Have you seen any documentary on how that tsunami happened?
Chernobyl effect was not confined to even Russia alone

Billyonaire:
Learning from their mistakes is a great step and we can take it from there, great nations of tomorrow need Nuclear Energy not just for energy but for self preservation.
Please emigrate to those nations

Billyonaire:
By the way, the energy of the sun we enjoy everyday is a result of Nuclear Fusion of Hydrogen isotopes -deuterium etc, so we have been enjoying nuclear products without wanting to repeat nature's science which is always at reach.

Nuclear energy is different from solar energy
A genetically modified yam is different from natural yam - that is why people hate Mosanto
Tell me how you dispose of nuclear waste
and compare that to how you dispose of "nuclear waste from the sun"
Please stop throwing words around

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Monjerk: 7:15pm On Sep 08, 2013
Let it be inside Aso Rock so that incase of anything, it will start from there. Useless people we have excess gas n u can't make use of that, u pple are looking for hw 2 wipe out poor pple, when una hear say Nuclear plant don leak, una go enter plane fly abroad n leave poor pple 2 perish.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 08, 2013
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 08, 2013
Baybe: Abeg build roads and refineries. Nigeria has not managed our small kainji dam, it's nuclear plant they want to manage. They want to kill all of us?? E no go better for all of them.

AMEN!!!!!
BetaThings:

Please don't tell us lies here
You are discussing geography please, not spinning about GEj's programmes
Please don't let us go nuclear on that issue

Please this is too much!
You think that only the immediate vicinity of a nuclear accident is affected by the fall out?
Have you seen any documentary on how that tsunami happened?
Chernobyl effect was not confined to even Russia alone

Please emigrate to those nations

Nuclear energy is different from solar energy
A genetically modified yam is different from natural yam - that is why people hate Mosanto
Tell me how you dispose of nuclear waste
and compare that to how you dispose of "nuclear waste from the sun"
Please stop throwing words around

This is science my brother, not Politics. I am not interested in name calling and those immature vocal peristalsis.

If you know nothing about Tectonic Plates and San Andres fault as they relate to Earthquake, Tsunami and Vulcano, then you should be asking me to explain to you the Geology of Earth.

Anyone conversant with Nuclear Physics and Isotopy will understand what I am talking about, These are things I have dedicated time to do. Read about Half-life of Nuclear Isotopes, Read about how Radioactive elements undergo fission and fusion, go and study about Alpha, Beta and Gamma rays, then you can come counter these statements.

Nuclear Energy Technology has evolved over the time, Chernobyl was a lesson.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by lukeman8880: 7:18pm On Sep 08, 2013
We are nt able 2 manage iron and steel company constructed by russians, na nuclear power plant? Oh am sorry 4 nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by solomon111(m): 7:18pm On Sep 08, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: dude talk about what you know solar panel can't do what? What do u mean by powering naija? It simple if you want light in the streets you use solar plots, if you want light in an area in any given area use solar period this is how a country is powered..u don't expect that they will build a solar central and then distribute it to people? It just doesn't make sense
who is talking about street lights?
Many street lights in Nigeria are currently being powered by solar.
Solar power cannot produce enough energy to power the industries and SMEs,which is the main focus of the Nigerian govt.
Infact the solar panels that can produce enough energy to power industries are so expensive that it will increase the cost of production and make it highly unfeasible.
There is no country in the world that powers its industries through solar.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Jayuba(m): 7:19pm On Sep 08, 2013
What about the education sector? Which country will they partner with?
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 08, 2013
grin Nigeria has 3 nuclear reactors? tell me sth? grin

"...Half-life of Nuclear Isotopes, Radioactive elements undergo fission and fusion, Alpha, Beta and Gamma rays..."

These must be nuclear gobbledygook only "billyonaires" know about grin
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by nijanigga: 7:20pm On Sep 08, 2013
Confusion:

We do not intend to play with it but to engage it for better use
Yes there will be risk but if u never take that step you will never know how good u are
look at this mumu, a toddler who can't crawl wants to start running.Good luck at knowing how CORRUPT you're .
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 08, 2013
solomon111: who is talking about street lights?
Many street lights in Nigeria are currently being powered by solar.
Solar power cannot produce enough energy to power the industries and SMEs,which is the main focus of the Nigerian govt.
Infact the solar panels that can produce enough energy to power industries are so expensive that it will increase the cost of production and make it highly unfeasible.
There is no country in the world that powers its industries through solar.

Use Gas and dam or even wind then.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Rossikk(m): 7:27pm On Sep 08, 2013
olu_kenzo :
grin Nigeria has 3 nuclear reactors? tell me sth? grin

I changed that to ONE nuclear reactor. It's been based in Ahmadu Bello University since 2003 or so and has been well maintained by our experts with no issues. Most of you know nothing about Nigeria. You just think you do.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 08, 2013
Rossikk:

Billyonaire, the problem is that the minute they hear the word ''nuclear'', they think ''mass destruction and calamity''. Ok tell me something. We have right now as we speak a NUCLEAR REACTOR working and functioning efficiently in Nigeria and have done so for the last 10 years at least, correct?

One poster asked ''what does Nigeria know about nuclear energy?'' I couldn't help but laugh. grin I actually have an uncle who is a nuclear scientist and is a consultant to the Chinese govt in atomic energy. There are many other Nigerians like him. Yet one goat, sitting behind his cheap computer is asking ''what does Nigeria know about...''?? Really sometimes it's best to ignore them.

Of course there are legitimate reasons to question the establishment of a nuclear power plant. But the reasons being adduced by most here are naive. Someone said ''ah, we don't have constant light, yet they want to build nuclear plant.''

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-06-07/chandigarh/39814438_1_voltage-fluctuation-power-breakdown-outage

http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2013/01/14/the-cost-of-power-cuts-to-india-inc/

But these countries are solid nuclear powers. Even launching space rockets and thinking of sending men to the moon etc. Plus their economies are growing. They haven't come out and said ''ah! We don't have light. We still have bad roads. Let us solve all those problems first BEFORE.''. Instead, they diversify their productivity and output in all areas. They KNOW they need to COMPETE on several levels of engagement with the world. That they can't afford to go ''one step at a time''. I applaud Nigerian leaders for thinking likewise for the Giant of Africa.

As for the environmental impact of nuclear plants, the mention of Fukushima is rather inappropriate as I believe that was caused by an earthquake/tsunami event, and Nigeria is not on a faultline for earthquakes, which should protect us against such catastrophes.

Nevertheless, we need to study very carefully all the possible negative eventualities arising from such a move - and not be afraid to ditch the idea if it proves too risky - and weigh them against the potential benefits.

I get your point. Nuclear Radiation is Dangerous but its the fastest way we can get desired megawatts. I am proposing that if the Government must go into it.

1. It must be Privately owned and certified by IEAEA
2. Built, Management, and Maintained by Russians or Americans whose credentials in Nuclear Power has track records and case studies.
3. Electricity generated can be sold to bulk traders.
4. Nuclear plant sited thousands of kilometers away from habitable region.

Fear is sincere and natural, fear is also why we are where we are.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 08, 2013
I use to worried ' maybe some folks on this tread are currently not in Nigeria or maybe is in their blood to always support some silly things , I can't stop wondering why some folks will be claiming useless levels on nairaland by calling pple ignorance of sort of something like that" somethings not just ryt in this country !
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Bimpss(f): 7:28pm On Sep 08, 2013
Rossikk:

Billyonaire, the problem is that the minute they hear the word ''nuclear'', they think ''mass destruction and calamity''. Ok tell me something. We have right now as we speak at least 3 NUCLEAR REACTORS working and functioning efficiently in Nigeria and have done so for the last 20 years at least, correct?

As for the environmental impact of nuclear plants, the mention of Fukushima is rather inappropriate as I believe that was caused by an earthquake/tsunami event, and Nigeria is not on a faultline for earthquakes, which should protect us against such catastrophes.

It seems you don't know the difference between a nuclear reactor and a nuclear powerplant? Just to clarify things, Nuclear power plants uses Nuclear reactors (Which you have stated Nigeria has 3 of them) to generate electricity. And you seem to be all over the place with this your comment sir.. What does a nuclear power plant have to do with nuclear weapons and sending people to the moon?? We are talking A, you are talking C. Go take several seats please. And on the fukushima example, would you like us to give you another example in which a Nuclear power plant went wrong, and affected an entire population. It's called Chernobyl. Go reasearch that.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by BetaThings: 7:28pm On Sep 08, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: @ betathing https://www.nairaland.com/1430806/moslems-102#17982438
Forget that bit about religion
Your religion is not worthy of discussion
The first thing is to either annex your country or occupy it
Choose one
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by nora544: 7:28pm On Sep 08, 2013
But a country that have gas, water, can take the wind and take the sun together that will work.

Nigeria need no nuclear power plant.

We don't have it, we have water, we have the sun and we have the wind and it works and we sell energie to germany and to france because we have to much, we are a small country but with an economic that is working, where people get help when they heat in winter with solar, when they make hot water with solar.

My brother build the house of my father bigger, realy big, and he get help from the goverment when he start to make hot water from the sun and also the heating in winter is running with the sun and it works, and he get electricity also from the sun and the electricity he didnot need he sell to the goverment and get paid.

That is the futur, not nuclear power plant because we here in europa have a problem what we do with the ful rod, because you have to change this and where you give the old one, they still need to keep safe for a very long time,because they bring danger, sorry you don't write about this.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by ckkris: 7:30pm On Sep 08, 2013
Bimpss:

Why Deal with it?? ?? ?? Why not just go back to your country?? It's not by force to stay in nigeria if you don't like it.. Idioots this days..
Please learn to respect the Freedom of expression thats guaranteed for everyone in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police / 2019: Middle Belt Presents David Mark For President / Join Us Build Nigeria, It Is Not Too Late – Arewa Youths Tell Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.