Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,129 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! (27883 Views)

Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants / President Jonathan Commissions Phase 1 504MW Alaoji Power Station, In Abia- Pics / Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by KOMBE: 5:33pm On Sep 08, 2013
Wetin!!!!! Abeg where is my bag, I need to leave this country.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by sage2(m): 5:38pm On Sep 08, 2013
There you have it, folks.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by confusion247(m): 5:40pm On Sep 08, 2013
Gideojim: May God help this Time, I pray it work out Properlly It going to be great I have long expect this From FG
You must be high on weeds, i am sure you don't know the disaster mismanagement of a nuclear reactor can cause. Nuclear reactor is a bad omen in Nigeria and we should never think of it talk not of having one.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by YoshiMaster: 5:42pm On Sep 08, 2013
victokafor: Why is it that we are always pessimistic of innovations that will catapult us to greatness? Anyway Uncle Joe, Kudos to you buuuut the security situation of the country needs to be addressed well. This development can as well serve as a catalyst for terrorism in some parts of the country. Maybe the nuclear site can be sited in the NORTH!!!

Well the pessimism for most is warranted, since government has been failing them for a while, remember the pic below?

I am not against shedding this pessimism for a more optimistic view on things in the country, but we can't be blind optimists either.

My humble opinion is that we should make use of the coal we have fast, and stream line the gas transport system for gas turbines, we can also add massive solar farms in the north, and wind farms in areas with strong wind surges.

If after that, all our power needs aren't yet met, then one can begin to contemplate nuclear energy.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Mickeywilliams(m): 5:44pm On Sep 08, 2013
Need i say more! Development of nuclear powered plant in this Nigeria is nothing but an invitation to mass death..hehehe the 2002 blast was caused by mismanagement of govt. Facility and if you're old enough you could still recall how many lives were lost..Now we're talking of nuclear.I would not be suprised if boko haram blows up the plant or kidnap the workers there..or the greedy politicians steal the fuel rods and hid in their houses.The above intent is a clarion call to chaos..we should invest in the available ones...SMH for Nigeria seriously I think this country is under a spell or rather CURSED..jeez what a decision..|ETT|...*in phyno's voice* Ewwwww
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Horus(m): 5:44pm On Sep 08, 2013
victokafor: Why is it that we are always pessimistic of innovations that will catapult us to greatness? Anyway Uncle Joe, Kudos to you buuuut the security situation of the country needs to be addressed well. This development can as well serve as a catalyst for terrorism in some parts of the country. Maybe the nuclear site can be sited in the NORTH!!!

If the nuclear site is in the North there is more concerns about nuclear terrorism. I can imagine nuclear waste finding its way into the hands of Boko Haram.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by GHKWAME(m): 5:45pm On Sep 08, 2013
anyaekekehinde: I will never support this idea... General Electric has develop the best gas turbine system, why not buy this gas turbine and use. i am so sad about this. why not invest this money to gas flaring and harness the gas for turbines. Oil companies busy polluting the atmosphere, nuclear company polluting the lithosphere, power supply still not reliable, where do we run to.

^^^GBAM.... Ghana's strategic energy p0licy is to depend 0n its natural gas for electricity and also to increase its electricity export. After the nuclear disaster caused by the tsunami in Japan, progressive countries like Germany are closing down their nuclear plants in phases......

The German government will stop using
nuclear energy and shut down all of its
nuclear reactors by 2022.
Minister of Ecology Norbert Roettgen
made the announcement early Monday
[May 30, 2011], and explained how
Germany plans to phase out its 17
nuclear reactors over the next 11 years.

http://environment.about.com/od/nuclearenergywaste/a/Germany-To-Stop-Using-Nuclear-Energy.htm

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by GHKWAME(m): 5:45pm On Sep 08, 2013
*M0DIFIED*
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 08, 2013
I can understand the fears of many people here, especially the very ignorant ones.

Nuclear Energy is the future.

The Nuclear Plant can be located in the deserts of Borno or the Chad Basin even the rain forests of Cross River thousands of kilometers away from habitable zones.

This is one source of energy that has abundance of fuel in Nigeria and is not dirty like coal, not fluctuating waterflow like Dams and not lost to vandalism like gas.

Should we build nuclear power plants, then we can also harness Uranium with other isotopes for other uses.

No country can dream of being a world power without Nuclear Energy Savvy, except we wanna remain a boi boi nation for ever.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Salmoneus(m): 5:47pm On Sep 08, 2013
They shouldn't!! Nigerian's can't manage anything, name one Nigerian business that is working at 30 percent efficiency, Nepa? Nitel? Nipost? all decay!!
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by segzyj(m): 5:49pm On Sep 08, 2013
[quote author=ujoinme]

http://www.atomic-energy.ru/audio/24995[/quote

Dis One na Nuclear Death in Disguise ]
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Salmoneus(m): 5:50pm On Sep 08, 2013
Billyonaire: I can understand the fears of many people here, especially the very ignorant ones.

The Nuclear Plant can be located in the deserts of Borno or the Chad Basin even the rain forests of Cross River thousands of kilometers away from habitable zones.

This is one source of energy that has abundance of fuel in Nigeria and is not dirty like coal, not fluctuating waterflow like Dams and not lost to vandalism like gas.

Should we build nuclear power plants, then we can also harness Uranium with other isotopes for other uses.

No country can dream of being a world power without Nuclear Energy Savvy, except we wanna remain a boi boi nation for ever.
If you can't manage a penny properly what makes you think you can manage a pound?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by DrWalter: 5:51pm On Sep 08, 2013
I tink u are still dreaming
Billyonaire: I can understand the fears of many people here, especially the very ignorant ones.

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by nora544: 5:51pm On Sep 08, 2013
Please don't go for nuclear power, it is danger.

In my country we build also a nulear power plant it was ready to start, but then the people in my country say no to this, i think we are the first country in the world who has a nuclear power plant what didnot start to work.

I know what problem we have when in the Ukraine was the accident with the power plant, we have to look what we can eat, children was not allowed to drink milk, i must us milkpouder for more than a year for my child.

See what still happen in Japan, they have so many problems and japan is a country where the have the power and the money and they have still very big problems.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by nora544: 5:53pm On Sep 08, 2013

The futur is the solar energie, the energie from the wind.

Did you read the newspapers about the nuclear plant accident in the ukraine and what happen in Japan, Germany will went out of the nuclear power.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 08, 2013
I don't want to insult you cos you are someone I respect.

My question is, did you study science in school at any levels? What do you know about radioactivity? Bros, any small thing kpeme, your genes will be altered and will affect your whole lineage... That's genetic mutation.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 08, 2013
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Confusion: 5:58pm On Sep 08, 2013
Why do we ve so many negative people on NL
Yes I know we ve dumb politicians
Yes I know we ve a bad maintenance culture
Yes I know we don't know much about this kind of technology
Yes I know the effect of a disaster
But I also know that the chinese started out as poorly as we are
I also know they produce product that killed so many babies
I also know that they partnered and stole technologies from others
till tomoro china is still venturing into new technologies that are killing people but how many of you will shout out at them but everyone is gradulling tilting to the fact that their product is competiting with the west
My people sometimes you venture into things not for the immediate effect(good or bad) but so that you can steal their knowledge
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 08, 2013

Dude, you are a warped disgusting joke. How do you do it? Tell lies and still keep a straight face. What a talent you got there.

Nuclear energy is the future. hahaha. ignorant dolt. What a cretin!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by peace3: 6:00pm On Sep 08, 2013
IT SHOULD BE CITED IN BAYELSA STATE.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Worldlife: 6:02pm On Sep 08, 2013
Back to sender, we the north n middle bealt are nt need it, anywhere it will be more appropriate if the plant we locate in the south east
IGBO-SON:

^^^The bokites will be salivating at the cataclysmic possibilities!.......abeg they can have it up north! sad
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 08, 2013
grin
2s£xy:
I don't want to insult you cos you are someone I respect.

My question is, did you study science in school at any levels? What do you know about radioactivity? Bros, any small thing kpeme, your genes will be altered and will affect your whole lineage... That's genetic mutation.

You respect a fraud grin "nuclear energy is the future" Said just like a Looney.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Bimpss(f): 6:06pm On Sep 08, 2013

[b]IT'S A BAD IDEA![/b]especially for a developing nation like Nigeria, that has a problem with corruption and money mismanagement. Nuclear power plants are very expensive and in order to have one, a country has to be financially capable. Add to the health hazard issue, strange pathogens in water, e.t.c it is like a train wreck waiting to happen, either way there won't be a good ending. Even developed nations are running away from the idea.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by adelaja70(m): 6:07pm On Sep 08, 2013
Make FG go build am for OTUOKE...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by crackhaus: 6:07pm On Sep 08, 2013
Confusion: Why do we ve so many negative people on NL
Yes I know we ve dumb politicians
Yes I know we ve a bad maintenance culture
Yes I know we don't know much about this kind of technology
Yes I know the effect of a disaster
But I also know that the chinese started out as poorly as we are
I also know they produce product that killed so many babies
I also know that they partnered and stole technologies from others
till tomoro china is still venturing into new technologies that are killing people but how many of you will shout out at them but everyone is gradulling tilting to the fact that their product is competiting with the west
My people sometimes you venture into things not for the immediate effect(good or bad) but so that you can steal their knowledge
Guy, so all this thing you just yarn make sense for your brain?
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by peromosele: 6:10pm On Sep 08, 2013
Japan that is a developed country on the world is still having problem with there furkoshima nuclear power plant, please my fellow nigeria less concentrate with hydro and gas way of generating power. We can,t withstand the consequences that may come out of that idea.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 08, 2013
cry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Cholison(m): 6:13pm On Sep 08, 2013
We stand against this project even if it is free. What we need now are food processing factories, we have enough gas and coal to fire our power plants. Try somewhere else.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Confusion: 6:14pm On Sep 08, 2013
krugar07: its like u dont knw d country you are in...lets first be good in dams, roads, hospitals, universities b4 thinking of playing with nukes.

Chairman for your info Russia, China has as much corruption as we do but they are always looking for ways to improve or steal tech knowledge
My point here is not what we are or do but ability to improve or steal tech knowlede
India is begining to compete because of their improvement in technologies
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 08, 2013

+100
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Allenkee: 6:16pm On Sep 08, 2013
ghananotnaija: If it is built, build it in the East of Nigeria, as far away from Ghana as possible, because it's guaranteed to have a major malfunction. With all the ignorance and corruption in Nigeria, I would be surprised if the Nigerian plant workers don't try to steal safety infrastructure or even uranium fuel rods, it's a train wreck just waiting to happen.

How do you kill a lot of Nigerians? Build them a nuclear power plant and staff it with typical corrupt Nigerians.

I HATE IT WHEN A FOREIGNER COMES TO THIS FORUM ONLY TO INSULT NIGERIA.
LET NIGERIANS BE THE ONES CRITIZISING NIGERIA.
GHANA HEGOAT, LEAVE NIGERIA FOR NIGERIANS WE KNOW HOW TO SOLVE OUR PROBLEMS.
REMOVE THE WOOD IN YOUR EYES SO YOU CAN SEE CLEARLY TO REMOVE DUST IN YOUR NEIGHBOUR'S EYES.
YOU ARE VERY VERY STUPID FOR COMMING HERE TO INSULT NIGERIA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Next Senate’ll Probe Saraki – APC Senators / 21 Aspirants Jostle For Kogi Governorship APC Ticket [see Full List Inside] / Atiku Supported Saraki To Be Senate President, Says Dogara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.