Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,480 members, 7,816,133 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! (27884 Views)

Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants / President Jonathan Commissions Phase 1 504MW Alaoji Power Station, In Abia- Pics / Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Bimpss(f): 7:33pm On Sep 08, 2013
ckkris: Please learn to respect the Freedom of expression thats guaranteed for everyone in Nigeria

Oh I respect it, It just gets very annoying hearing people whine about how they don't like the country they are living in. If you don't like something, change it. I.E if i didn't like living in the U.S i would have gone somewhere else.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Rossikk(m): 7:33pm On Sep 08, 2013
Bimpss:

It seems you don't know the difference between a nuclear reactor and a nuclear powerplant?

I stopped reading right there. You're wrong.

The point of highlighting the reactor was to show that Nigeria is not new to nuclear technology.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 08, 2013
Rossikk:

I changed that to ONE nuclear reactor. It's been based in Ahmadu Bello University since 2003 or so and has been well maintained by our experts with no issues. Most of you know nothing about Nigeria. You just think you do.

C'mon man, I know you have a passion for Nigeria and what not, but people should be careful what they say in the public domain. Its nauseating when people just bandy terms they watched in movies or read on wiki around like we're halfwits.

Nuclear energy is powerful and stuff, but Nigeria has no business with it. Build gas powered stations we have the gas. Encourage our scientist to further research into biofuels. Stop all these nuclear fantasy.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 08, 2013
ckkris: Please learn to respect the Freedom of expression thats guaranteed for everyone in Nigeria
maybe Nigeria is even no mans land
BetaThings:
Forget that bit about religion
Your religion is not worthy of discussion
The first thing is to either annex your country or occupy it
Choose one
well I'm actually discussing your blood thirsty religion and his fallacies.
Erm what's the difference between annexing and occupying?
Anyway I prefer a full scale war, but unfortunately we don't fight a friend, neighbor and a country weaker than us
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Capnd143(m): 7:36pm On Sep 08, 2013
Some nairalanders are just plain and undiluted fo..ols. . .! Everyday we talk of medical tourism, how cam nigeria as a country achieve it full medical/health potential if has no nuclear plant that produces nuclear isotopes for medical treatment of cancer, etc we talk of having a strong defense industry, how can we achieve this without going nuclear,how can we manage nuclear powered submarines, jets etc without going nuclear, we talk of having 24/7 power is it a crime to think out of the bow and go nuclear 4 power? SMH for some nigerians
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by solomon111(m): 7:36pm On Sep 08, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

Use Gas and dam or even wind then.
We want enough megawatts in the shortest possible time.
The FG should ofcourse invest and develop electricity sources from gas especially,but that shouldn't stop us from diversifying.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Rossikk(m): 7:36pm On Sep 08, 2013
olu_kenzo :

C'mon man, I know you have a passion for Nigeria and what not, but people should be careful what they say in the public domain. Its nauseating when people just bandy terms they watched in movies or read on wiki around like we're halfwits.

Nuclear energy is powerful and stuff, but Nigeria has no business with it. Build gas powered stations we have the gas. Encourage our scientist to further research into biofuels. Stop all these nuclear fantasy.

Many Nigerian experts are far better educated than you and are seasoned, respected scientists. You are in no position to determine their capabilities.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Bimpss(f): 7:37pm On Sep 08, 2013
Rossikk:

I stopped reading right there. You're wrong.

The point of highlighting the reactor was to show that Nigeria is not new to nuclear technology.

And maybe you should have clarified your point more, before having to result to blaming people who are commenting here as being "ignorant" while you yourself don't seem to know much about it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Rossikk(m): 7:38pm On Sep 08, 2013
Bimpss:

And maybe you should have clarified your point more

The point was fully clarified. You just weren't smart enough to grasp it.

before having to result to blaming people who are commenting here as being "ignorant" while you yourself don't seem to know much about it.

How don't I ''seem to know much about it''?
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 08, 2013
solomon111: We want enough megawatts in the shortest possible time.
The FG should ofcourse invest and develop electricity sources from gas especially,but that shouldn't stop us from diversifying.
solar, gas, wind and bio fuel are pretty diverse. Don't u think so ?
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Bimpss(f): 7:39pm On Sep 08, 2013
Rossikk:

How don't I ''seem to know much about it''?

It's kind of obvious, your ideas are all over the place and you keep taking your words back.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by fred72: 7:39pm On Sep 08, 2013
chenobyl,chenobyl,chenobyl
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Rossikk(m): 7:41pm On Sep 08, 2013
Bimpss:

It's kind of obvious

No it's not, or I wouldn't ask.

your ideas are all over the place

Strictly your opinion. What are your ideas?

and you keep taking your words back.

I don't ''keep'' taking any words back. Learn to be honest.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by wirinet(m): 7:42pm On Sep 08, 2013
Confusion:

We do not intend to play with it but to engage it for better use
Yes there will be risk but if u never take that step you will never know how good u are

you have no idea what nuclear energy is. If you do you would not advocate for a country that is unable to maintain refineries, airports and even roads to embark on nuclear energy. We have no simple waste management system for ordinary waste. I am not even talking about maintaining the actual nuclear plant yet, i am talking about how we intend managing nuclear wastes. Anything that comes in contact with nuclear material becomes dangerous, like water, oils, screws, bolts, metals parts, suits, and most of all the spent fuel rods. These material becomes radioactive for up to 10,000 years. How will these wastes be managed without risks to this generation and future generations.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Bimpss(f): 7:43pm On Sep 08, 2013
Rossikk:

No it's not, or I wouldn't ask.

Strictly your opinion. What are your ideas?

I don't ''keep'' taking any words back. Learn to be honest.

If you want to read about my "ideas" go back to my previous posts, since i hate repeating myself. And on the being "honest" parts, eheem I don't really know what honesty has got to do with this, since you went from saying Nigeria has "3" reactors to "1". I hope this is the last back and forth i will have with you today, it's kind of boring really.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by BetaThings: 7:43pm On Sep 08, 2013
Billyonaire:

This is science my brother, not Politics. I am not interested in name calling and those immature vocal peristalsis.

Of course it is politics. There are government policies that people defend here that I dislike but I just ignore. The atmosphere has become too toxic
Talking about name-calling, I refrain from it
But talking about nuclear power plant for a country like Nigeria, I will call people names if that is what will get people to listen
Billyonaire:
If you know nothing about Tectonic Plates and San Andres fault as they relate to Earthquake, Tsunami and Vulcano, then you should be asking me to explain to you the Geology of Earth.

Please let us discuss tectonic plates and why Everest is the highest place on earth
Please bring it on
Tell me the distance between NZ and Australia 10 years ago and the distance between them now
Because se we are not in the pacific ring of fire does not mean we are eternally safe

Billyonaire:
Anyone conversant with Nuclear Physics and Isotopy will understand what I am talking about, These are things I have dedicated time to do. Read about Half-life of Nuclear Isotopes, Read about how Radioactive elements undergo fission and fusion, go and study about Alpha, Beta and Gamma rays, then you can come counter these statements.

Nuclear Energy Technology has evolved over the time, Chernobyl was a lesson.
Look - don't think that you own the only books on a subject
I don't need to be a nuclear scientist to be able to discuss certain things
Given your knowledge of half-life and decay, please answer 2 questions
Tell me the generally accepted manner of disposing nuclear waste.
And what is the relationship between the properties of the sun and suggested nuclear waste disposal methods
Simple questions.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by NiccoC(m): 7:44pm On Sep 08, 2013
couldn't stop laughin when i read this topic. seems this people wanna wipe nigeria off the world map. nuclear reactor my a.s.s
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 08, 2013
olu_kenzo :

Nigeria currently needs to be jump started with tens of thousands of megawatts to meet the demands and position us for the future. A single reactor can generate up to 4,000 Megawatts. If One nuclear reactor can generate 4,000 Megawatts, then you should compare that to about 10 or so gas power plants that the government is building which we do not even have up to constant 4,000 megawatts.

Nuclear energy is comparatively cheaper, efficient and effective means of kick-starting our manufacturing, etc.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 08, 2013
Bimpss:

If you want to read about my "ideas" go back to my previous posts, since i hate repeating myself. And on the being "honest" parts, eheem I don't really know what honesty has got to do with this, since you went from saying Nigeria has "3" reactors to "1". I hope this is the last back and forth i will have with you today, it's kind of boring really.
shocked
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by solomon111(m): 7:47pm On Sep 08, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: solar, gas, wind and bio fuel are pretty diverse. Don't u think so ?
Solar and wind have the same problem.
Totally unreliable,and expensive for industries.
Biofuels are currently undergoing research.
Even the most advanced countries have not yet utilized it.
The only valid option is Gas.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 08, 2013
Breaking news! S.o.s coming in from lagos ibadan express road ' we don't really know what's going on their right now but according to the source - there's a road block and many pple are stranded right now ' please tread should be open for this so the information could get to any nearest law enforcement agency! Thank me later
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Rossikk(m): 7:48pm On Sep 08, 2013
Bimpss:

If you want to read about my "ideas" go back to my previous posts, since i hate repeating myself. And on the being "honest" parts, eheem I don't really know what honesty has got to do with this, since you went from saying Nigeria has "3" reactors to "1".

You're ridiculous. I changed my ORIGINAL post after an error and said so to the poster, for him to revert to the updated post and you're talking nonsense? Don't you ever change your initial post?
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Bimpss(f): 7:49pm On Sep 08, 2013
Billyonaire:

Hahahahaah you are really funny. Have you tried a career in Comedy ?

Let's be serious here. Please stop the comedy.

I wish i could laugh too, but i don't see where i made a joke.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 08, 2013
Ola def2: Breaking news! S.o.s coming in from lagos ibadan express road ' we don't really know what's going on their right now but according to the source - there's a road block and many pple are stranded right now ' please tread should be open for this so the information could get to any nearest law enforcement agency! Thank me later
Simple Dial the emergency button on your phone, the response is quicker.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by nora544: 7:50pm On Sep 08, 2013
Capnd143: Some nairalanders are just plain and undiluted fo..ols. . .! Everyday we talk of medical tourism, how cam nigeria as a country achieve it full medical/health potential if has no nuclear plant that produces nuclear isotopes for medical treatment of cancer, etc we talk of having a strong defense industry, how can we achieve this without going nuclear,how can we manage nuclear powered submarines, jets etc without going nuclear, we talk of having 24/7 power is it a crime to think out of the bow and go nuclear 4 power? SMH for some nigerians

Sorry that is not tru, I live in an country we have no nuclear power plant.

I live in the city with the best living in the world, we have a very good health system, we have a very good treatment for cancer, and we don't need it, like we don't want monsanto because we don't know what will happen in the futur, we are a gen-technic free country but this didnot say that we don't us it to safe life.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 08, 2013
Bimpss:

I wish i could laugh too, but i don't see where i made a joke.
Wasnt meant for you, sorry.
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Bimpss(f): 7:50pm On Sep 08, 2013
Rossikk:

You're ridiculous. I changed my ORIGINAL post after an error and said so to the poster, for him to revert to the updated post and you're talking nonsense? Don't you ever change your initial post?

Here we go again with the name calling. Oh i do make errors, but not errors that are crucial to the topic if that's what you are wondering...
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 08, 2013
shocked
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 08, 2013
BetaThings:

Of course it is politics. There are government policies that people defend here that I dislike but I just ignore. The atmosphere has become too toxic
Talking about name-calling, I refrain from it
But talking about nuclear power plant for a country like Nigeria, I will call people names if that is what will get people to listen

Please let us discuss tectonic plates and why Everest is the highest place on earth
Please bring it on
Tell me the distance between NZ and Australia 10 years ago and the distance between them now
Because se we are not in the pacific ring of fire does not mean we are eternally safe

Look - don't think that you own the only books on a subject
I don't need to be a nuclear scientist to be able to discuss certain things
Given your knowledge of half-life and decay, please answer 2 questions
Tell me the generally accepted manner of disposing nuclear waste.
And what is the relationship between the properties of the sun and suggested nuclear waste disposal methods
Simple questions.

Have you tried your hands in comedy ?
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by nora544: 7:52pm On Sep 08, 2013
wirinet:

you have no idea what nuclear energy is. If you do you would not advocate for a country that is unable to maintain refineries, airports and even roads to embark on nuclear energy. We have no simple waste management system for ordinary waste. I am not even talking about maintaining the actual nuclear plant yet, i am talking about how we intend managing nuclear wastes. Anything that comes in contact with nuclear material becomes dangerous, like water, oils, screws, bolts, metals parts, suits, and most of all the spent fuel rods. These material becomes radioactive for up to 10,000 years. How will these wastes be managed without risks to this generation and future generations.

That is the problem germany has and they are searching where they can give it, because it has to be safe for 10 000 of years
Re: Nigeria Partners Russia To build A Nuclear Power Station! by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 08, 2013
Rossikk:

Many Nigerian experts are far better educated than you and are seasoned, respected scientists. You are in no position to determine their capabilities.

You miss the point, just like a retard (no offence).

it is not about me. lol. Its about Nigeria and I say it, without fear that you know not what you are say. But of course you have a right to your opinion no matter how dense it is.

Nuclear power is a no no. Talk of nuclear medicine, use of ionising radiation in agriculture, pest control, good preservation, dating etc. is without match, but for power generation. forgetaboutit!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

21 Aspirants Jostle For Kogi Governorship APC Ticket [see Full List Inside] / Atiku Supported Saraki To Be Senate President, Says Dogara / Herdsmen Killings: Tinubu Breaks Silence, Advocates For Rehabilitation Programs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.