Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? - Literature (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? (126301 Views)

What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us / Love Reading, Right? Well, Check This Site Out! / What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (61) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 12, 2014
Illuminatus: So, I've finally finished The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (who is supposedly, J.K. Rowling) and I confess that it was disappointing. Yes, it had this interesting plot with such potential but I was disappointed that the story wasn't what I expected. There was so much description and narration, and then some characters speak a variety of English I've never heard of before. I don't know what to say about the ending, except that although I was sated, I wasn't satisfied. I rate the book 4 of 5. *shrug*
Anyway, I started reading The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult. Yesterday. Now at Page 51...

Read d storyteller, 'tis good
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Illuminatus(m): 8:59pm On Jul 12, 2014
bataderemi:
Read d storyteller, 'tis good
Pal, that's what I'm reading. Page 112.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by kanechimex(m): 9:17pm On Jul 12, 2014
A Song Of Ice And Fire -Book 3
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Illuminatus(m): 8:43am On Jul 14, 2014
Finished The Storyteller yester-night and it an excellent rebound novel (from my disappointing relationship with The Cuckoo's Calling). I liked the plot in general, but what really kept me turning the pages faster and faster is the story of the uporiry(vampire) within the story of dealing with the evil that was done to one's race two generations ago. At the final page, I was contented.
Now reading And The Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseni. Page 17.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Samguine: 1:32pm On Jul 14, 2014
The Alchemist. Paulo Coelho. #Finished. cool

Solomon Northup's Twelve Year A Slave is next... smiley
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Chiezugolum: 11:04pm On Jul 15, 2014
Fame by Karen Kingsbury cheesy

page 25
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 16, 2014
Minding your Business by Leke Alder
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by jaiLUX: 3:58pm On Jul 16, 2014
I'm reading 'Think big and Kick Ass in business and life' by Trump and Bill Zanker. I'm on page 254. grin
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 16, 2014
The Litigators by John Grisham. Page 68
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by moneyallowed(m): 11:39pm On Jul 16, 2014
The Red Knight- Miles Cameron....final page...awesome debut for a writer
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by 5iveC(m): 8:13pm On Jul 17, 2014
Richard north peterson's EXILE. The book is top-notch!
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by luvmijeje(f): 3:35am On Jul 18, 2014
I just finished reading 'hunger games' by Susanne Collins. I hate reading science fiction but this book has totally change my view.

one of the reasons I hate science fictions is my inability to relate with the story lines especially when the authors start playing with scientific words. But the author of this book inject 'humanity' to his/her Story. Courage, defiance, freedom, love, death, greed and so much more.

There are still some scientific terms I didn't understand but on scale of 10, I will give it a 8.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 6:25am On Jul 18, 2014
Illuminatus: Finished The Storyteller yester-night and it an excellent rebound novel (from my disappointing relationship with The Cuckoo's Calling). I liked the plot in general, but what really kept me turning the pages faster and faster is the story of the uporiry(vampire) within the story of dealing with the evil that was done to one's race two generations ago. At the final page, I was contented.
Now reading And The Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseni. Page 17.
Feeling like a boss already, I've read dat too. Maybe u'll read all souls' trilogy when u're done. Reading d last book, 'the book of life'
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by obsunited(m): 9:01am On Jul 18, 2014
working on my first demo novel.......damn itz gonna be mad.....
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Illuminatus(m): 9:06am On Jul 18, 2014
bataderemi:
Feeling like a boss already, I've read dat too. Maybe u'll read all souls' trilogy when u're done. Reading d last book, 'the book of life'
I haven't heard of this Souls Trilogy. Who wrote it?
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Illuminatus(m): 9:08am On Jul 18, 2014
luvmijeje: I just finished reading 'hunger games' by Susanne Collins. I hate reading science fiction but this book has totally change my view.

one of the reasons I hate science fictions is my inability to relate with the story lines especially when the authors start playing with scientific words. But the author of this book inject 'humanity' to his/her Story. Courage, defiance, freedom, love, death, greed and so much more.

There are still some scientific terms I didn't understand but on scale of 10, I will give it a 8.

As far as Science Fiction goes, The Hunger Games trilogy doesn't rate 8 for me, more like 5. Robin Cook and Michael Critchon have written books with more relatable plots...
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 18, 2014
Patricia Cornwell's TRACE , i'm on page 381
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 18, 2014
obsunited: working on my first demo novel.......damn itz gonna be mad.....
You write? Cool
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Illuminatus(m): 9:35am On Jul 18, 2014
obsunited: working on my first demo novel.......damn itz gonna be mad.....
Would like see this "mad" work of yours...
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by luvmijeje(f): 10:33am On Jul 18, 2014
Illuminatus:
As far as Science Fiction goes, The Hunger Games trilogy doesn't rate 8 for me, more like 5. Robin Cook and Michael Critchon have written books with more relatable plots...

I've never seen Micheal Critchon as a science fiction writer until now. If he's, then he's definitely better than Collins. I've not read cooke's book but he is now on my list of must read.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 18, 2014
Illuminatus:
I haven't heard of this Souls Trilogy. Who wrote it?
No o..... It is ALL SOUL'S trilogy by deborah harkness
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 19, 2014
I'm done with Patricia Cornwell's Trace.

Reading Erica Spindler's Last Known Victim page 82
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by adexsimply(m): 3:45pm On Jul 19, 2014
luvmijeje:

I've never seen Micheal Critchon as a science fiction writer until now. If he's, then he's definitely better than Collins. I've not read cooke's book but he is now on my list of must read.
no one writes sci-fi better than Crichton. Timeline is still one of the best sci-fi I ever read.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by adexsimply(m): 3:48pm On Jul 19, 2014
Do we have a fan of Rick Riordan here? Having read his Percy Jackson series, I'm about to proceed with the rest but they're a bit confusing
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Caracta(f): 3:54pm On Jul 19, 2014
adexsimply: no one writes sci-fi better than Crichton. Timeline is still one of the best sci-fi I ever read.

Share with me
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Ghost01(m): 6:47pm On Jul 19, 2014
Done with Joseph Wambaugh's Fugitive Nights.

Now reading Orson Scott Card's Pastwatch: The Redemption of Christopher Columbus, Page 36.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by adexsimply(m): 7:10pm On Jul 19, 2014
Caracta:

Share with me
Okay smiley
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by hyungwang(m): 7:31pm On Jul 19, 2014
adexsimply: Do we have a fan of Rick Riordan here? Having read his Percy Jackson series, I'm about to proceed with the rest but they're a bit confusing
I am a fan, wat's up?
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 19, 2014
Reading The Shadow Throne, which is Book 2 in The Shadow Campaigns Series by Django Wexler, very very entertaining; I'm already dreading the Wait FOR The next Installment.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by adexsimply(m): 9:04pm On Jul 19, 2014
hyungwang: I am a fan, wat's up?
smiley smiley
Okay, let's start with this. How many of his books have you read?
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by moneyallowed(m): 9:21pm On Jul 19, 2014
koonbey: Reading The Shadow Throne, which is Book 2 in The Shadow Campaigns Series by Django Wexler, very very entertaining; I'm already dreading the Wait FOR The next Installment.
Yo dude is it better than The Thousand Names? been waiting for someone to recommend it 1st before I waste precious time on a disappointing sequel

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (61) (Reply)

S€X Story : My Lovely Houseboy Episode 1 To 10 / The Godmother / Despite All Odds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.