Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,692 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? - Literature (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? (126166 Views)

What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us / Love Reading, Right? Well, Check This Site Out! / What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (61) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by hyungwang(m): 8:36am On Jul 20, 2014
adexsimply: smiley smiley
Okay, let's start with this. How many of his books have you read?
I have read the: percy jackson series, heroes of olympus series(I'm actually waiting for the last book in the series which is scheduled for this october- the blood of olympus), the kane chronicles, the 39 clues series(clues search, vesper rising. I'm currently reading Unstoppable)
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Illuminatus(m): 8:54am On Jul 20, 2014
adexsimply: Do we have a fan of Rick Riordan here? Having read his Percy Jackson series, I'm about to proceed with the rest but they're a bit confusing
*Raises Arms* I'm a Rick Riordan fan. I didn't read the Percy Jackson series, but I've read everything else - the four books on The Heroes of Olympus and the three on Kane Chronicles. I didn't find any of them confusing, rather entertaining. Which part did find confusing?
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by adexsimply(m): 10:06am On Jul 20, 2014
hyungwang: I have read the: percy jackson series, heroes of olympus series(I'm actually waiting for the last book in the series which is scheduled for this october- the blood of olympus), the kane chronicles, the 39 clues series(clues search, vesper rising. I'm currently reading Unstoppable)
Okay, I've only read the Percy Jackson series, what I want to know is whether the remaining series feature Percy and annabeth. Which series comes immediately after Percy Jackson and the Olympians?
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by adexsimply(m): 10:08am On Jul 20, 2014
Illuminatus:
*Raises Arms* I'm a Rick Riordan fan. I didn't read the Percy Jackson series, but I've read everything else - the four books on The Heroes of Olympus and the three on Kane Chronicles. I didn't find any of them confusing, rather entertaining. Which part did find confusing?
Not confusing in that sense, I just want to know the order in which the books follow.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by moneyallowed(m): 10:12am On Jul 20, 2014
Reading Half a King by Joe Abercrombie..page 762. I'm not a fan of YA novels so maybe I'm biased but I've got to say this is not Abercrombie's best work. If the title didn't give it away already you're reminded every chapter or so that the protagonist Yarvi is half something. To make matters worse it seems this is just the first in yet another trilogy. It's a safe bet I won't be reading any JA soon, at least until he writes something more mature.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 20, 2014
moneyallowed:
Yo dude is it better than The Thousand Names? been waiting for someone to recommend it 1st before I waste precious time on a disappointing sequel
Is it better?,I would say so,yes. Just as many Twists and Turns,but the main Difference is that The Thousand Names was more Military oriented,but the Sequel has a lot of Action-Adventure tho.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by moneyallowed(m): 10:31am On Jul 20, 2014
koonbey: Is it better?,I would say so,yes. Just as many Twists and Turns,but the main Difference is that The Thousand Names was more Military oriented,but the Sequel has a lot of Action-Adventure tho.
Aite thanks!
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Illuminatus(m): 11:06am On Jul 20, 2014
adexsimply: Not confusing in that sense, I just want to know the order in which the books follow.
That would be The Heroes of Olympus with some new characters... Percy and Anna still feature, but they aren't the only protagonists this time.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by adexsimply(m): 11:33am On Jul 20, 2014
Illuminatus:
That would be The Heroes of Olympus with some new characters... Percy and Anna still feature, but they aren't the only protagonists this time.
I figured as much. Thanks! I'd love to have the paperback in my library though.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Mczigx(m): 3:13pm On Jul 20, 2014
Plz where cn i download free ebooks.....am usng a nokia c 1
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by hyungwang(m): 10:57pm On Jul 20, 2014
adexsimply: Okay, I've only read the Percy Jackson series, what I want to know is whether the remaining series feature Percy and annabeth. Which series comes immediately after Percy Jackson and the Olympians?
heroes of olympus. latin side of olympians are introduced
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by adexsimply(m): 12:27pm On Jul 21, 2014
hyungwang: heroes of olympus. latin side of olympians are introduced
Okay. Thanks. smiley
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
#NowReading Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson,just on Page 128,but the Book is shaping up to be a truly exceptional Read smiley.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by moneyallowed(m): 9:05pm On Jul 22, 2014
koonbey: #NowReading Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson,just on Page 128,but the Book is shaping up to be a truly exceptional Read smiley.
Awesome book: Sanderson's the man!
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 23, 2014
moneyallowed:
Awesome book: Sanderson's the man!
Seriously Man,I'm so hooked.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 23, 2014
#NowReading Brandon Sanderson's The Well of Ascension (Mistborn #2) ,just started.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 8:15pm On Jul 23, 2014
moneyallowed: Reading Half a King by Joe Abercrombie..page 762. I'm not a fan of YA novels so maybe I'm biased but I've got to say this is not Abercrombie's best work. If the title didn't give it away already you're reminded every chapter or so that the protagonist Yarvi is half something. To make matters worse it seems this is just the first in yet another trilogy. It's a safe bet I won't be reading any JA soon, at least until he writes something more mature.
Am a big fan of this guy i plan to start this book next week or so is it that bad ?
Have you read " Heroes" by JA that is the finest standalone fantasy novel I have ever read.
Looks like you're not new to JA writing but I think you should check out this standalone book "Heroes"
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 8:16pm On Jul 23, 2014
koonbey: #NowReading Brandon Sanderson's The Well of Ascension (Mistborn #2) ,just started.
Am waiting to see how u'll react to the 2nd book
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by moneyallowed(m): 9:21pm On Jul 23, 2014
SIRcumalot:
Am a big fan of this guy i plan to start this book next week or so is it that bad ?
Have you read " Heroes" by JA that is the finest standalone fantasy novel I have ever read.
Looks like you're not new to JA writing but I think you should check out this standalone book "Heroes"
It's not bad at all but compared to his previous writing I'd say it's his weakest effort.
Read all his books, absolutely loved The First law trilogy. Best served cold is his best standalone, The Heroes was great too.
Maybe I'm judging him too harshly sha. read it 1st & lemme know what you think

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by moneyallowed(m): 9:25pm On Jul 23, 2014
koonbey: Seriously Man,I'm so hooked.
You could try out his Stormlight Archive series next. preferred it to Mistborn and that's saying something. The Rithmatist is also cool. once again Sanderson's the man!
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 5:27am On Jul 24, 2014
moneyallowed:
You could try out his Stormlight Archive series next. preferred it to Mistborn and that's saying something. The Rithmatist is also cool. once again Sanderson's the man!
I don't really enjoy's his writing Have only read Mistborn 1-2 and his completion of wheel of time in my opinion Steelheart that YA novel is his finest work can't wait for the 2nd Part.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 25, 2014
Currently Mistborn 3 The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson,still really engrossed,though I'm somewhat less happy with the Book,the Plot isn't going the Way I would have liked..I guess that's saying something about the Quality of the Book;that it brings out strong Emotions in the Reader,I read Mistborn 2 up till almost 4 am this Morning..now that's saying a very big Something smiley
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 3:04am On Jul 26, 2014
koonbey: Currently Mistborn 3 The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson,still really engrossed,though I'm somewhat less happy with the Book,the Plot isn't going the Way I would have liked..I guess that's saying something about the Quality of the Book;that it brings out strong Emotions in the Reader,I read Mistborn 2 up till almost 4 am this Morning..now that's saying a very big Something smiley
Hehehe
I think say na only me I couldn't finish happy reading sha
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Natila101: 4:37am On Jul 26, 2014
'This House Has Fallen' (Nigeria in Crisis) by Karl Maier is fascinating. Am on page 103. Plans to rout MOSOP builds up.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SammyJac(m): 9:16pm On Jul 26, 2014
Just finished reading 'There was a country' by Chinua Achebe
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by ijescorner: 10:18pm On Jul 27, 2014
I just finished reading 'The Abortionist's Daughter' by Elisabeth Hyde

I'll have a look around for 'There was ac country'...thanks SammyJac for reminding me of that book
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 28, 2014
HOW CASH IS TRANSFERRED OR WITHDRAWN WITH A. STOLEN DEBIT CARD,ATM CARD, or Any CREDIT Card.
If you got a stolen debit card, credit card or atm card and you want to withdraw cash with it.Just email me for Procedures Or you can buy this information for just 1000naira.
Its manual that shows you a step by step approach and procedures on how to withdraw cash or transfer cash with card details. Pat2005real@gmail.com
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by drajjay: 12:22pm On Jul 29, 2014
how many of you have read all of dan brown's books? Cuz i have.that guy is a genius
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Illuminatus(m): 2:34pm On Jul 29, 2014
drajjay: how many of you have read all of dan brown's books? Cuz i have.that guy is a genius
I have read all of his works and yes, Mr. Brown is a good writer of thrilling, entertaining prose.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Illuminatus(m): 3:21pm On Jul 29, 2014
I just got done with Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. A very good read. I wasn't really concerned about the length. The author gave me humanistic characters with personalities. Realistic plots and settings that has made believe that she has to be really there, had experienced these events herself. I recommend this book for everybody (no matter your ethnicity or religion) and advice you to read it with an open mind.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by HouseOfBalloons(f): 9:48pm On Jul 29, 2014
Paper Towns - john Green

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (61) (Reply)

S€X Story : My Lovely Houseboy Episode 1 To 10 / The Godmother / Despite All Odds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.