Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,154 members, 7,953,584 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:51 PM

Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 (56804 Views)

38-year-old Man On A Queue Slumps And Dies At A Polling Unit In Bauchi / Ondo Lawmaker, Nomiye, Slumps And Dies / Olusegun Agagu To Be Buried October 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by BCELLS(m): 7:20am On Sep 14, 2013
Buoyantic: Wow what a great story,tell me another undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Tinubu is inflicted with parkinson disease

2 Likes

Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by tafiya123: 7:21am On Sep 14, 2013
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by Ninilowo(m): 7:22am On Sep 14, 2013
E MAA GBA LESINNI (LESSON) LODO IKU.

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by cutiepie01(f): 7:25am On Sep 14, 2013
Rolly83: He was born in 1948 and graduated from UI in 1971!Is this really possible.
Very possible.That means he finished at d age of 23.I finished at d age of 21+
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by nies4u(m): 7:26am On Sep 14, 2013
one by one
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by Policewoman(f): 7:26am On Sep 14, 2013
papi365: DO U HAVE HEARING AND EYE PROBLEM? I SAID THEIR IS NUFFIN LIKE RIP. ITS PURE DECEPTION
Mister, i'm entitled to my opinion am i not? We as humans dont know what he will meet in the afterlife and so the best we can do is to wish him well.
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by obitwo: 7:28am On Sep 14, 2013
slimyem: Stop pondering nonsense. Its coincidental. Death is a price everyone has to pay and the timing...no one can tell.

I'm not wishing death for him or anyone

Just that everyone must realize that no one knows when and should live a life of service especially if people have entrusted you to make this happen for them

By God's grace, Mimiko will live long and I wish him well as long as he's led the people of the state justly to the best of his ability
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by Memyselfu2009(m): 7:30am On Sep 14, 2013
I woke up this morning with a lovely smile one my face I quickly grap my phone the first page I enter is nairaland.com why reason re so many Nigeria has many tribes but the major tribe the hausas ibos and yorubas and two major reason religion the Christians nd Muslims even thought the county in not on.peace right now we at nairaland.com leave in peace we prove to the world nd to nigeria that we can all stay together an leave in peace and harmony or comment are either funny caring encouraging our picture re mostly funny. People comment from every ethnic group and mostly might what they say we all insult our rich politician and insult the corrupt Nigeria
If the whole Nigeria would be like those in nairaland there would be lasting peace in our beloved country NIgeria
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by lomprico(m): 7:33am On Sep 14, 2013
olowodaran: young man it is not by force to comment if you don't know anything, there were massive transformation during agagu administration ranging from bore holes to road construction, he is beta dan late adefarati who ruled before him and mimiko who ruled after him and still ruling, his wife funke agagu also help by donating to orphanages, money, rice, g.Oil etc. Agagu is good. Am from ondo state and the man did well. R.I.P agagu
U must be one of his hitmen, agagu killed many people during d elections in ondo state. I was in ondo at dat time n saw all d killings of labour party supporters. And mind u all d socalled boreholes were fake, none is working at all. They called water tankers to fill d tanks few days b4 d comissioning no borehole was drilled! And to him I say 'Good riddance to bad rubbish'!

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by tomzman: 7:33am On Sep 14, 2013
Eh yah! Well, what else is there to say than for him to RIP. I pray god grant his family the fortitude to bear the loss.
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by stevSKY(m): 7:34am On Sep 14, 2013
simpleseyi: One more down, many more to go. All those who are sucking the masses blood will go six feet under. Jonathan's half brother, Dame Sheppopotamus's adopted mother, IBB's deputy-Augustus Aikhomu, IBB's pilfering wife- Maryam Babangida, Stella Obasanjo, Gen Owoye Azazi, Patrick Yakowa, Fashola's father, Tinubu's mother (my grandmother is 107 and still playing basketball and karate), Sunday Afolabi (he died in prison when Obasanjo locked him up for embezzling National identity Card's money), Jesus-on-Earth - imPatient Jonathan - oh, sorry she woke up after about a week.

Agagu looted Ondo's state treasury while he was the state governor and even national treasury while he was federal minister, now he has transferred the loot to his children who probably were looting with him too. God has seen that we are too weak to fight for ourselves and he, GOD the almighty has started fighting for the poor masses. If you think that I should not speak bad of the dead, please tell me some good things I can say about Sanni Abacha or about Jonathan's jobless mother that "donated" buildings to the university or about Obasanjo that took bribe from Halliburton and converter Nigeria's treasury to his personal account or about James Ibori the Guinness Book prison record breaker (He, his wife, his mistress(another man's wife), his wife's sister and his lawyer all in jail) or Alao Akala or Gbenga Daniel or Rev. Fr. Moses Adasu who was a catholic priest, he became Benue state governor and rose to be richer than the state and thereafter borrowed his state some money because he loved his state or the immediate past Bayelsa state governor Timipre Sylva who bought/built 48 houses in Nigeria excluding the ones abroad in his 48 months rule as governor (another Guinness record) or the Jonathan Goodluck that uses one million naira to eat per meal but shut down all universities for several days now. What good can I say about these looters when they eventually kick the bucket or kick the drum.
[color=#990000][/color]. ....... Lolxxxxxxx Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̅ d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣ reLy vex •̸ϞƔ broda..... Well Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̅ nt far frm †ђξ truth ......
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 14, 2013
why are ondo state former governors dying? just thinking
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by markucluj: 7:42am On Sep 14, 2013
RIP
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by drdams: 7:42am On Sep 14, 2013
Vanity upon Vanity??

Useless world!!!
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by olasha1(m): 7:42am On Sep 14, 2013
musiwa1j: May his soul rest in peace. we would miss him.

I never remember bad times. Only the good times. I never hold hurt. My heart is alway full of love for people. we would miss him.

Karo Ogire lost someone.

thank you on behalf of all yoruba people.
Sory ooo on behalf of u $ all ur family..adnt even think all ur family wil accede dis ur self sent msg...how many yoruba pipu will miss a dead PDP polithiefcian?
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by PStacks(m): 7:47am On Sep 14, 2013
Ehyaaa so so Sad.

May his soul rest Easy mehn!
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by toprealman: 7:49am On Sep 14, 2013
MizEmerald: A friend updated it also that he slumped and died and she told me to believe it as if she was there,I still want to remain a doubting Thomas,Agagu with his sexy lips.
Oldagedophile.

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by matrixme(m): 7:50am On Sep 14, 2013
As an indigene, I'll say that perhaps since the time of Adefarati, Ondo state has not been blessed with good, self-sacrificial leaders. The political atmosphere is full of deceit, back stab and slander. I know Agagu's legacies as solar boreholes that have overgrown with weeds now (at least the ones I've seen lately) and some 'plastic' primary school buildings that he claimed would be cooler in daytime. I'll have to commend him in the area of agriculture anyway, but overall, I wouldn't still say he was the greatest governor Ondo state has produced. During his second tenure, forensic evidences from the court revealed that Mike Tyson, Joseph Ayo Babalola among other calendar figures voted in the election. I heard palm kernel thumbprints were discovered too. Well, he's history now, just like many others before him. At least, that should teach the present-day politicians in their self-made fortresses of their non-invincibility. Memento Mori is the latin word for remember you will die! We need to carve this words at the gates of every government house all over the federation.

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by simpleseyi: 7:53am On Sep 14, 2013
D.trader:
.Wow, what a suprise.Used to see him in Church in U. I some times ago

Yes, he is a church-goer and a serial looter. Going to church did not make him remember the 10 commandments. He keeps breaking them all like Moses that broke the 10 commandments. He even donated part of the loot to the church thereby contaminating God's money with blood money.

2 Likes

Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by Ryda(m): 7:53am On Sep 14, 2013
Alxmyr: Agagu slumps, dies at 65

A former Governor of Ondo State, Dr Olusegun Agagu, is dead. He was aged 65.

Agagu, who returned from the US on Thursday, reportedly slumped in Ikoyi, where he was having a meeting with Ondo indigenes, on Friday evening.

Agagu’s former Chief Press Secretary, Yemi Olowolabi, said the former governor was not sick and had just returned from a 20-day trip abroad.

Olowolabi, who worked with him for more than four years, described his former boss as “a great man, a first-class intellectual and an astute administrator.”

Ondo State Governor, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, described the death of his predecessor as shocking, adding that Ondo has lost a colossus, whose vacuum would be difficult to fill.

Mimiko said, “He would be remembered as a consummate politician and lecturer, who imparted knowledge to many people across the world.”

Former Governor of Ogun State, Segun Osoba, told Saturday PUNCH on telephone that Agagu was very respectful.

He said, “I got to know him when he was deputy to former governor of old Ondo State, Bamidele Olomilua. He carried himself with dignity. He was loyal to Olomilua during the days of the Social Democratic Party. Agagu should rest in peace.”

In his reaction, former governor of Oyo State, Adebayo Alao-Akala, described Agagu’s death as shocking.

He said, “It is sad. He came back from abroad yesterday with his wife. They were having a meeting with Ondo State people. Alex Akinyele was there. He slumped. It is shocking, devastating. We will all miss him. I can’t believe he will just die.”

Agagu’s schoolmate at the University of Ibadan, Senator Olu Alabi, who is a former Governing Board Chairman, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, said, “We were together in UI. We co-funded United Nigerian Congress Party and the Peoples Democratic Party. I don’t know what to tell his wife, Funke.”

Member, PDP Board of Trustees, Chief Ebenezer Babatope, said: “This is tragic news. I’m shattered. He never held grudges.”

Director of Publicity, Ondo PDP, Mr Ayodele Fadaka, who broke down in tears over the phone, described the death of the late geologist as great loss to Ondo and Nigeria.

It was gathered that he ate lunch at home in Ikoyi before heading for a meeting on Lagos mainland, where he slumped.

Subsequently, he was rushed to a private hospital in Yaba but he was transferred to Military Hospital, Ikoyi, where he was pronounced dead.

His corpse was still at the military hospital as at the time of filing this report.

http://www.punchng.com/news/agagu-slumps-dies-at-65/

May his soul rest in peace.

Hhmmmm nice title "slumps and dies"

were you there when he slumped? Did u take photos?
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by nairaarea: 7:54am On Sep 14, 2013
RIP
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 14, 2013
I'm not surprised sha.

He once slumped dat way b4 cos he's what we call a "Fish".

That Man can drink shayo!

Sha, rest i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ peace!
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by ceeethru(m): 7:54am On Sep 14, 2013
any nigeria politician when die, na hell fire straight den for dey go roast corn. Evil set of tins.

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by saintdeby(m): 7:59am On Sep 14, 2013
simpleseyi: One more down, many more to go. All those who are sucking the masses blood will go six feet under. Jonathan's half brother, Dame Sheppopotamus's adopted mother, IBB's deputy-Augustus Aikhomu, IBB's pilfering wife- Maryam Babangida, Stella Obasanjo, Gen Owoye Azazi, Patrick Yakowa, Fashola's father, Tinubu's mother (my grandmother is 107 and still playing basketball and karate), Sunday Afolabi (he died in prison when Obasanjo locked him up for embezzling National identity Card's money), Jesus-on-Earth - imPatient Jonathan - oh, sorry she woke up after about a week.

Agagu looted Ondo's state treasury while he was the state governor and even national treasury while he was federal minister, now he has transferred the loot to his children who probably were looting with him too. God has seen that we are too weak to fight for ourselves and he, GOD the almighty has started fighting for the poor masses. If you think that I should not speak bad of the dead, please tell me some good things I can say about Sanni Abacha or about Jonathan's jobless mother that "donated" buildings to the university or about Obasanjo that took bribe from Halliburton and converter Nigeria's treasury to his personal account or about James Ibori the Guinness Book prison record breaker (He, his wife, his mistress(another man's wife), his wife's sister and his lawyer all in jail) or Alao Akala or Gbenga Daniel or Rev. Fr. Moses Adasu who was a catholic priest, he became Benue state governor and rose to be richer than the state and thereafter borrowed his state some money because he loved his state or the immediate past Bayelsa state governor Timipre Sylva who bought/built 48 houses in Nigeria excluding the ones abroad in his 48 months rule as governor (another Guinness record) or the Jonathan Goodluck that uses one million naira to eat per meal but shut down all universities for several days now. What good can I say about these looters when they eventually kick the bucket or kick the drum.
all of dem go rest in pieces not in peace in d grave coz they ve sucked our treasury and future of dis contry called 9ja finish, may God Almighty punish dem for their bad leadership & corruption. AMEN

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by Oyinda2013(f): 8:04am On Sep 14, 2013
RIP
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by mployer(m): 8:05am On Sep 14, 2013
Rolly83: He was born in 1948 and graduated from UI in 1971!Is this really possible.
@23? Very possible!
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by onyxo76(m): 8:06am On Sep 14, 2013
RIP to Ex Ondo state Governor Agagu. it shows that no matter your position, whatever wealth you may possess, we all have a common destination-DEATH.Where will you end up when it is your time to give account to God Almighty? May God be merciful to us all.
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by papindinho(m): 8:09am On Sep 14, 2013
R.I.P Agagu.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

ESN Kills Reverend Emeka Merenu In Imo State (Pictures) / El-Zakzaky: 'I Lived Next To The Senate President & Never In Detention' / Obasanjo Affected By Gbenga's Rumoured Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.