Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,955 members, 7,810,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) (64845 Views)

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by MrTroll(m): 4:12pm On Sep 27, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: We have a christian chat box, which caters for all kinds of discussions christians might wanna have. Then there is a non christian chatbox, and the satanic chatbox, don't you think those are enough?

Any kind of discussion can have a thread right? And it can have any name but not 'christian chatbox' tagged to it.
I thought the name of the thread was 'Religion section chatbox-general discussions', created presumably to act as a mixed zone for everybody. I didn't see anything like 'Christian chatbox' on the title.' Correct me if i'm wrong. . .

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by truthislight: 7:16pm On Sep 27, 2013
If this is a religiouse section, it is my opinion that we can create our own thread to expound on our beliefs and create counter thread to counteract on any statement or views that we feel against or that is wrong to us, in so doing, the section will be active and vibrant and not just gathering/cluster people on a single thread.

With all too many chart box, most people login in will soon logout since most likely very few topics will be available to appeal to many.

My 2 cent.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:13pm On Sep 27, 2013
I am sorry guys we have enough chatrooms.

If we have a general chatroom things will go back to being chaotic, we cannot have that. We all do not agree on one thing, for hot topics, questions, debates or stuff that we feel we cannot share in the chatrooms then we are allowed to open threads about such which gives everyone a room to voice his/her opinion.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:51pm On Sep 27, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I am sorry guys we have enough chatrooms.

If we have a general chatroom things will go back to being chaotic, we cannot have that. We all do not agree on one thing, for hot topics, questions, debates or stuff that we feel we cannot share in the chatrooms then we are allowed to open threads about such which gives everyone a room to voice his/her opinion.

Thanks.

OK. Let me put this to test.

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:45am On Sep 28, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

OK. Let me put this to test.

Somebody deleted my request thread. Why?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:46am On Sep 28, 2013

Thanks.

HBG, I opened another thread to make a request as you suggested and somebody deleted it. What is happening. Is it a new policy here to segregate everybody and discriminate?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by MrTroll(m): 10:25am On Sep 28, 2013

Thanks.
There are a lot of things i disagree with in this post but i'm not gonna push it further.

What i want to say is that whatever you guys do should be within the rules and as unambiguous as possible. From experience, i think it will be better when you guys close threads or ban people the reasons should be clearly stated to avoid this type of back and forth complaints.
For example, if any MOD is closing a thread, he/she should make it clear why the thread is being closed on said thread before closing. This style of acting with little or no explanation thereafter leaves much to be desired. It gives an impression that we are being bossed around instead of being moderated.
I don talk finish.angry

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Ayomivic(m): 11:18am On Sep 28, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Bring your complaints here....the original thread has been tempered with and until that is solved please bear with us.

Thanks.

Unlike the old thread, this will be only for complaints, solutions and suggestions, we have chatrooms for chitchats, any offtopic will hidden.

Hi Mod, please, my post tittled Is it sin to marry in these situation" was taken from religion section to Romance section but i want it to be discussed in Religion section. I also believed that sin or no sin has nothing to do with romance.

I will be delighted if it is taken back to religion section for discussion.

thanks.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 28, 2013
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 28, 2013
Logicboy03: HBG,

Please, dey talk to your sister ooo

https://www.nairaland.com/1412636/non-christian-chatbox-sticky/19#18433663

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Ishilove: 2:59am On Sep 29, 2013
Yadayadayadayada. The thread is very dry, no one is interested in it, is that too bitter a fact to accept?? Quit picking on me, LB. You don't own the darn thread, neither are you the only non-christian on NL, so quit your infernal bitching 'cos it's getting old. Scroll up and see that Uyi commented too, but Ishilove's moniker is like honey to your fingers so you just had to pick on her.

Rubbish.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 29, 2013
Chibuebem: grin grin

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by usermane(m): 10:45am On Sep 30, 2013
Peace to you.
Am here to complain of the lack of freedom of expression in NL religion section especially the Islam for muslim section. To be frank,i am sad, i haven't been in NL for no less than 31.333 days because something unfair was done to me.
A thread i was commited to, even though i wasn't the OP, was deleted not because anyone was unruly but due to mere difference of belief. It was a real sad day for me and i will clarify.
Back last month, basilico(christian) opened the thread 'HOLY QURAN 4:3 POLYGAMY AND SEX SLAVES IN ISLAM' in the general religion section but would be moved to Islam for muslim section. On this thread i have a few decent,tolerant,civilised and educative debate with Basilico and couple of xtians without any rude or insulting remark surfacing on any page of the thread. But out from nowhere, a moderator most likely the infamous maclatunji deleted the whole thread without a reason,hence denying the thread members of finishing what we started and other nairalanders the priviledge of learning anything from the thread. Quite Unproffessional of the moderator, wasn't it?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by usermane(m): 10:49am On Sep 30, 2013
Complaining at the complaint thread in islam for muslim section is a mere waste of time as the whole section belong to the moderator and his likes who see nothing wrong my thread getting deleted but everything wrong in me complaining. And that is why i am seeking attention here. To tell the truth Seun wanted to create an Islam section but am afraid he didn't create one. He succeeded in creating a section for a particular Mohammedan sect known as the sunni or ahlul sunnah. Giving an entire section to sunni and labelling it as Islam for muslim section really suck away the coolness & piety out of Islam. The sunnies(members of ahlul sunnah) have bcome the judge,jury and executioners of this section piloting the affairs of the section as they wish. Through this, they have deleted innocent threads and posts and banned innocent posters for no justifiable reason. That section should rather be called 'sunni for ahlul sunnah' not 'Islam for muslims' because they do not acknowledge God, but merely pay lip service to HIM, discriminating against persons like me for my firm belief in GOD and his scriptures. It is true that we all agree not to insult each other 's belief or system but we are not not illiterates, we ought to tolerate constructive criticism and probing of our beliefs by others,we must be open to challenges and resort to proving ourselves right with critical,verifiable proofs rather than resorting to insults,deleting of posts/thread or banning. We must be open to new ideas and information and put ourselves in other person 's shoe.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by usermane(m): 10:50am On Sep 30, 2013
I really must commend the moderators of this section especially the OP of this thread for encouraging freedom of beliefs or opinions,even though there still room for improvement. And i really wish to appeal to you guys. Please, i beg of you,stop moving every thread that has a thing to do with quran/Islam to the so called Islam for Muslim section. Thanks a lot.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:57am On Sep 30, 2013
@ Username

I would advice you leave Muslims and their section alone hence your not a muslim, focus on God, do his work and will. Freedom of speech is not allowed there so why don't you do something constructive with your time on Nairaland?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:00am On Sep 30, 2013
usermane: I really must commend the moderators of this section especially the OP of this thread for encouraging freedom of beliefs or opinions,even though there still room for improvement. And i really wish to appeal to you guys. Please, i beg of you,stop moving every thread that has a thing to do with quran/Islam to the so called Islam for Muslim section. Thanks a lot.
Thank you but we have to do what's expected of us, muslim, islam/quran topics are meant for them @ their section, I do not want it to look like we are boy courting their threads.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by InesQor(m): 11:01am On Sep 30, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: @ Username
Freedom of speech is not allowed there so why don't you do something constructive with your time on Nairaland?

Moderator, the REAL problem is that any Islamic or Muslim-related topic that one creates in the GENERAL section (where freedom of speech is allowed, yes?) will be MOVED to the Islam section (where there is no freedom of speech, no?) and then the thread is deleted or the post is hidden.

So it is thus clear that there is no freedom of speech in the general religion section as well!

P.S. I expect you to delete this post as well as you have deleted other recent posts of mine on this thread. This is a complaints thread and you're hiding the complaints?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 30, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Thank you but we have to do what's expected of us, muslim, islam/quran topics are meant for them @ their section, I do not want it to look like we are boy courting their threads.

Boycotting
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:15am On Sep 30, 2013
Logicboy03:

Boycotting
Thank you
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by InesQor(m): 11:25am On Sep 30, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Thank you

I really like how you're deleting my threads and deleting my posts while ignoring me entirely. Sadly, I have not broken any rules so you can't find the effrontery to ban me.

According to rule 20, I am trying to cooperate with you as a moderator and also affording respect, but the respect is not reciprocal because you are rudely ignoring my responses.

I guess that's that then.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (96)

Anita Oyakhilome's Name Change: Here Is The Real Gist - Lailasblog / Mummy G.O.'s Son: "My Mother Not Bothered About Hellfire Memes On Social Media" / Bisola Johnson: T.B. Joshua Addresses Rape Accusation (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.