Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) (64841 Views)

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by usermane(m): 11:32am On Sep 30, 2013
InesQor:

Moderator, the REAL problem is that any Islamic or Muslim-related topic that one creates in the GENERAL section (where freedom of speech is allowed, yes?) will be MOVED to the Islam section (where there is no freedom of speech, no?) and then the thread is deleted or the post is hidden.

So it is thus clear that there is no freedom of speech in the general religion section as well!

P.S. I expect you to delete this post as well as you have deleted other recent posts of mine on this thread. This is a complaints thread and you're hiding the complaints?
Truely that is my point. This section is a general one and so i believe that different religious topics could be opened here. Not all muslims have peculiar views with those in Islam for muslim section. And trust me a lot of muslims have been suppressed threadwise by the mohammedans in that section. Any nairalander knows best where his thread will be tolerated or beneficial and hence why some islam related topics opened here should not be transferred to islam for muslims. In the end, except this is done a lot of nairaland would be denied their right to express themselves. And that translate to no freedom of expression in the entire religion section or nairaland as a whole.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:33am On Sep 30, 2013
InesQor:

I really like how you're deleting my threads and deleting my posts while ignoring me entirely. Sadly, I have not broken any rules so you can't find the effrontery to ban me.

According to rule 20, I am trying to cooperate with you as a moderator and also affording respect, but the respect is not reciprocal because you are rudely ignoring my responses.

I guess that's that then.
Its funny how you expect me to verturn rules not created by me.

Islam problems are solved in their section not here.

Have a good day
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:35am On Sep 30, 2013
usermane:
Truely that is my point. This section is a general one and so i believe that different religious topics could be opened here. Not all muslims have peculiar views with those in Islam for muslim section. And trust me a lot of muslims have been suppressed threadwise by the mohammedan in that section. Any nairalander knows best where his thread will be tolerated or benefial and hence why some islam related topics opened here should not be transfer to islam for muslims. In the end, except this is done a lot of nairaland would be denied their right to express themselves. And that translate to no freedom of expression in the entire religion section or nairaland as a whole.
Open a thread in the general section for your discussion, Admin will attend to it there.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by InesQor(m): 11:37am On Sep 30, 2013
usermane:
Truely that is my point. This section is a general one and so i believe that different religious topics could be opened here. Not all muslims have peculiar views with those in Islam for muslim section. And trust me a lot of muslims have been suppressed threadwise by the mohammedan in that section. Any nairalander knows best where his thread will be tolerated or benefial and hence why some islam related topics opened here should not be transfer to islam for muslims. In the end, except this is done a lot of nairaland would be denied their right to express themselves. And that translate to no freedom of expression in the entire religion section or nairaland as a whole.

That's the point here actually.

Meanwhile if the Islam section is to be quarantined, then it should go both ways. They should also not come and make posts about other religious or irreligious beliefs or unbeliefs in the general section.

THIS IS ONLY FAIR. The QUARANTINE OF THE MUSLIM SECTION SHOULD GO BOTH WAYS.

P.S. mukina2 I can see you're reading this. I hope Seun sees it as well and something is done about it.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by usermane(m): 12:02pm On Sep 30, 2013
I will go complain in the general section. Honestly i believe to solve it all we should A : dissolve the Islam for muslim section and have one general religion section that belong to everybody. B : Or else the Islam for muslim section should accept any topic that has to do with Islam or muslims as long as the post is not abusive.
The latter option is currently in effect but so far,the moderators have demonstrate varying kinds of injustice and so the former option would be better regardless of whatever we say.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by MrTroll(m): 7:53pm On Sep 30, 2013
Pls my post was hidden in this thread www.nairaland.com/1458868
it was on the second page. Why was it hidden and can you pls release it?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by MrTroll(m): 10:39pm On Sep 30, 2013
^^^
who is responding to my complaint na.
Edit: The hidden post is just before this post
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 6:02am On Oct 01, 2013
[size=16pt]Complaint[/size]

I couldn't find the thread that was 'stickied' for frontpage recommendations. Why was the thread unstickied and would this thread serve for that purpose?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 01, 2013
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:35pm On Oct 01, 2013
aManFromMars: [size=16pt]Complaint[/size]

I couldn't find the thread that was 'stickied' for frontpage recommendations. Why was the thread unstickied and would this thread serve for that purpose?
yes to your last question.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 01, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: yes to your last question.
It is only logical that you change the title of the thread to reflect the change.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:51pm On Oct 01, 2013
aManFromMars:
It is only logical that you change the title of the thread to reflect the change.
There is no need
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by prymesolution: 7:02pm On Oct 01, 2013
Hi HumbledbYGrace,

please review this post and advice if it belongs on here. If it does, may I suggest that it be on the front page please? Thanks!

https://www.nairaland.com/1460219/pastor-shot-death-while-preaching
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Yooguyz: 8:00pm On Oct 01, 2013
HBG,
please why was my thread--derailers paradise removed or hidden?

www.nairaland.com/1461179/derailers-paradise
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 02, 2013
prymesolution: Hi HumbledbYGrace,

please review this post and advice if it belongs on here. If it does, may I suggest that it be on the front page please? Thanks!

https://www.nairaland.com/1460219/pastor-shot-death-while-preaching
yup it belongs here. pastor got smoked.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 02, 2013
Yooguyz: HBG,
please why was my thread--derailers paradise removed or hidden?

www.nairaland.com/1461179/derailers-paradise
am assuming, from looking at it of course, that it had nothing to do with the section wink
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Yooguyz: 4:32pm On Oct 02, 2013
Ajibam: you don't have right to break any rule...
Obadiah would have
realeased your jailed thread if he gave you a go ahead....
he assumed,...

@AJIBAM, i don't undastand what the above post means
Are you trying to kill my thread for Jesus?

Please kindly explain what is wrong with my thread?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Yooguyz: 4:34pm On Oct 02, 2013
obadiah777: am assuming, from looking at it of course, that it had nothing to do with the section wink
ok i get it, its just an assumption, i created for the religious section.
Please kindly unhide the thread. Thank you.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:41pm On Oct 02, 2013
Yooguyz:
ok i get it, its just an assumption, i created for the religious section.
Please kindly unhide the thread. Thank you.
The section is doing fine without that kind of a thread.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Yooguyz: 5:14pm On Oct 02, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: The section is doing fine without that kind of a thread.
what i would like to know is why specifically was the thread locked?

am begining to think you guys are discriminating against me!
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 02, 2013
Type: Complaint

By: Striktlymi

To: Mods

I have noted with dismay how a number of 'innocent' and seemingly harmless threads are 'locked down' without any reasonable explanation for their closure; while some other threads which deserve to be 'locked down' are allowed to thrive.

I have used the "report" feature to bring this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1462353/ending-end-timeno-m.uslim-make#18516966 to your notice but still the thread is granted a safe haven here in this section.

Using words recklessly like the OP did:

uchkochi: If one man called m.ohammed of a regrettable memory could be motivated by the devil to deceive multitudes called m.uslims

uchkochi:
M.ohammed's bone is rotten in Saudi Arabia,

is not something that should be condoned here in the Religion section because those words can be interpreted as being disrespectful to the Prophet and Muslims as a whole; which, if harped on by some misguided individuals, can constitute some serious security breach for nairaland.

I hereby ask, with all the respect I can muster, that the said thread be either locked down or be sent to the Islam for Muslim section where the moderators are better informed to deal with such kind of threads.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 03, 2013
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by tnature: 9:50pm On Oct 03, 2013
Hi HumbledBYGrace,

Please check on this post, it is recommended for front page. Lesson learned: Be care when doing door-to-door sales

https://www.nairaland.com/1462864/man-fires-19-rounds-jehovah

Thanks!
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:57am On Oct 04, 2013
tnature: Hi HumbledBYGrace,

Please check on this post, it is recommended for front page. Lesson learned: Be care when doing door-to-door sales

https://www.nairaland.com/1462864/man-fires-19-rounds-jehovah

Thanks!
I recommended it, let's hope it makes frontpage.

Regards.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by MrTroll(m): 11:08am On Oct 04, 2013
COMPLAINT

I want to know why the MODs here always ignore majority of the complaints in this thread? Why is this a complaint thread when complaints that are meant to be addressed are hidden or simply ignored?

Why can't they just be professional and leave personal sentiments aside? My post was hidden in a thread, i made a complaint here and even posted the link and up till now nobody has deigned to address my post.

If there's a hidden agenda here, pls you guys should be brave enough to come out and say it!
Are we children here that should be pushed around and treated with contempt?

4 Likes

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Ajibam: 11:29am On Oct 04, 2013
Mr Troll: COMPLAINT

I want to know why the MODs here always ignore majority of the complaints in this thread? Why is this a complaint thread when complaints that are meant to be addressed are hidden or simply ignored?

Why can't they just be professional and leave personal sentiments aside? My post was hidden in a thread, i made a complaint here and even posted the link and up till now nobody has deigned to address my post.

If there's a hidden agenda here, pls you guys should be brave enough to come out and say it!
Are we children here that should be pushed around and treated with contempt?
the post was unhid by Obadiah on Wednesday... so what's your point??
investigate well before talking about any personal sentiment here...
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by MrTroll(m): 11:55am On Oct 04, 2013
Ajibam:
the post was unhid by Obadiah on Wednesday... so what's your point??
investigate well before talking about any personal sentiment here...
This is not just about my complaint. Take a look at this thread and you'll see what i'm talking about. Threads deleted without warnings, posts hidden arbitrarily without explanations given, complaints ignored etc..—

Btw, thanks @Obadiah. . .
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by InesQor(m): 1:54pm On Oct 04, 2013
Moderators, why was my post at Alfa Seltzer hidden on this thread?

https://www.nairaland.com/1464993/let-dead-bury-dead

I'll like to understand why please because I just don't get it. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (96)

Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK / Anita Oyakhilome's Name Change: Here Is The Real Gist - Lailasblog / Mummy G.O.'s Son: "My Mother Not Bothered About Hellfire Memes On Social Media"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.