Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,983 members, 7,810,740 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) (64848 Views)

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by UyiIredia(m): 1:33pm On Sep 25, 2013
Ishilove:
Sorry, it won't happen. The directive that this thread be strictly for complaints was given by the Commander-in-Chief of Nairaland himself, Mr Oluwaseun Osewa, GFON, NMI, OATT, CMP, BUMP angry

If we join hands we could convince him otherwise.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:46pm On Sep 25, 2013
Uyi....angry

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by truthislight: 6:34pm On Sep 25, 2013
wink

Uyi Iredia:

If we join hands we could convince him otherwise.

lol. grin again ? Smh.

since that was removed, the mods are having their peace, no one is making them feel inadequate.

I dont think that was helping reasonable discussion/debate on threads here but rather petty gossiping almost became the order of the day.

HumbledbYGrace: Uyi....angry

Na so. grin

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by MrTroll(m): 7:21pm On Sep 25, 2013
COMPLAINT
MODs why was my previous complaint addressing @Uyi's lies against me hidden while the initial false accusation he made allowed to stand? Is there a rational explanation for this?

Are complaints meant to be handled or dismissed off hand?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Tgirl4real(f): 7:26pm On Sep 25, 2013
Na so so chat box every where. Na only chatting una dey do for here? sad
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by RayMcBlue(m): 7:37pm On Sep 25, 2013
MODS, I think it's high time you start hiding all topics that will serve no purpose to anyone like the one below:

https://www.nairaland.com/1453871/christian-lesbian-chatbox#18361651

People can't just post rubbish. Goto the phone section, it has become a junk section because of the amount of irrelevant threads littering the first page.

The same is about to happen to religious section, in fact, it's already happening, unless you take appropriate measures to curtail this. Thank you.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:26pm On Sep 25, 2013
Anuoluwap: IF THIS THREAD IS NOT LOCKED THEN NAIRALAND IS DISGUSTING...IS NAIRALAND SETUP AS AN ATTACK AGAINST CHRISTIANITY? WHY ALL THIS ABSURDITY? www.nairaland.com/1453871/christian-lesbian-chatbox#18362797
Dear bear in mind that this is not a christianity section, its a religion section which means its meant to cater all sorts of religion, anything under the sun that is worshipped has a room here.

Christianity is not a religion but a way of life, let not small things cloud your judgement.

There is so much to do on Nairaland than bother about such, soul winning is still our ultimate goal, correct with love not bashing.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Tgirl4real(f): 10:05pm On Sep 25, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Dear bear in mind that this is not a christianity section, its a religion section which means its meant to cater all sorts of religion, anything under the sun that is worshipped has a room here.

Christianity is not a religion but a way of life, let not small things cloud your judgement.

There is so much to do on Nairaland than bother about such, soul winning is still our ultimate goal, correct with love not bashing.

HBG is born again. lol
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 7:03am On Sep 26, 2013
Hi Mods,I can't create a new topic,the message i get is 'server overwhelmed' since yesterday..Please try and fix it..Thank You
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by UyiIredia(m): 7:53am On Sep 26, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Uyi....angry

SMH.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HezronLorraine(m): 11:30am On Sep 26, 2013
HBGhaddaffi.You never announced you've Re-dedicated your life to Christ.Powerful Speech up theregrin

2 Likes

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:45pm On Sep 26, 2013
Complaints.

My complaints here are hidden without explanations

My threads are locked without any reason given: https://www.nairaland.com/1454555/religion-section-chatbox-general-discussions
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by MrTroll(m): 12:52pm On Sep 26, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Complaints.

My threads are locked without any reason given: https://www.nairaland.com/1454555/religion-section-chatbox-general-discussions
What is happening here? Is there an embargo on creating chat threads?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by MrTroll(m): 12:54pm On Sep 26, 2013
Mr Troll: COMPLAINT
MODs why was my previous complaint addressing @Uyi's lies against me hidden while the initial false accusation he made allowed to stand? Is there a rational explanation for this?

Are complaints meant to be handled or dismissed off hand?
undecided
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 26, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Dear bear in mind that this is not a christianity section, its a religion section which means its meant to cater all sorts of religion, anything under the sun that is worshipped has a room here.

HBG, am sorry to say this but your statement is not valid and doesnt hold any water..she is complaining about a thread that goes against her religion(it is evident that christainity doesnt support gays or lesbianism) and like what Ray said the religion section is being dumped with trash so do something about it..if you allow that thread to stand, will you also allow - A PHEDOPHILE CHRISTAIN THREAD or a BESTAILITY CHRISTAIN THREAD to stand as well? I await your answer so that i will knw when this religion section will be turned to crap section by your own sentimental doing..
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:57am On Sep 27, 2013
joel lala:

HBG, am sorry to say this but your statement is not valid and doesnt hold any water..she is complaining about a thread that goes against her religion(it is evident that christainity doesnt support gays or lesbianism) and like what Ray said the religion section is being dumped with trash so do something about it..if you allow that thread to stand, will you also allow - A PHEDOPHILE CHRISTAIN THREAD or a BESTAILITY CHRISTAIN THREAD to stand as well? I await your answer so that i will knw when this religion section will be turned to crap section by your own sentimental doing..
I understand, I was like her when this kinda thing happened but I grew a thick skin on it.

Btw the thread has been moved to the sexuality section.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:59am On Sep 27, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Complaints.

How many pages in a day did we have in the former complaints thread just on the case of chatrooms?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:00am On Sep 27, 2013
Mr Troll: undecided
Links please
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 27, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I understand, I was like her when this kinda thing happened but I grew a thick skin on it.

Btw the thread has been moved to the sexuality section.

I applaud your swift response and thank you for your actions..but we should always remember that it is not all about ourself rather we should always guide and protect fellow christains who might not be as strong as yourself in the faith from the deception of the evil one..once again i thank you.#am out of here#
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:51am On Sep 27, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: How many pages in a day did we have in the former complaints thread just on the case of chatrooms?

I don't see what that has to do with locking legitimate threads. There is currently no limit to the number of pages a thread may have, so that is no valid excuse.

Please unlock my thread so that I can chat with others as there is currently no where else we can all meet and freely chat together here. Thanks.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HezronLorraine(m): 12:50pm On Sep 27, 2013
HBG is WorkinChristians are happy.Religion section is moving.

UP HBG,Religion Section O ni baje oh.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 27, 2013
Type: Complaint

By: Striktlymi

To: Mods/Obinoscopy/Supermods/seun

Re: Direction of the complaint thread

Hi,

I have been watching with growing interest the nature of the new complaints thread and from my review, I've had cause to believe that there have been some positive changes to the new thread as against the latter part of the old one.

The new move to keep out 'chit chats' and 'off-topic' posts from this thread is a welcome development because it has helped bring about some level of sanity to the section and a renewed sense of purpose and meaning, as to what a complaints thread should look like.

However, I believe also that this thread should not be for complaints alone, as the thread subject currently suggests. It should also allow for some level of 'horizontal' and 'vertical' interactions.

By the bold I mean that members should be allowed to make comments on each others posts or/and comment on posts made by mods in a bid to help the section move forward and probably help sought out any ish that may arise.

For example, Alfa has brought up an ish which I would like to contribute on but can't because any post I make that is not a complaint can be regarded as an 'off-topic' post because the subject of the thread strictly forbids any post that is not a complaint. Even questions asked by members can be regarded as off-topic posts based on the thread subject.

I suggest that the thread subject be modified to suit the following needs:

1) Members complaints.
2) Questions members may have.
3) Contributions that can benefit the section as a whole.

while the mods ensure that this thread is not used for chit-chats.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by MrTroll(m): 3:49pm On Sep 27, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Links please
never mind. . .It was on this complaints thread but now it has been hidden so i can't find it again.

On the new chat thread created, i don't see how the reason/rhetoric question you posed to Alfa properly addressed why the new chat thread was locked. Its not like he asked for it to be stickied or so. . .we are free to create chat threads, no?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:07pm On Sep 27, 2013
Mr Troll: never mind. . .It was on this complaints thread but now it has been hidden so i can't find it again.

On the new chat thread created, i don't see how the reason/rhetoric question you posed to Alfa properly addressed why the new chat thread was locked. Its not like he asked for it to be stickied or so. . .we are free to create chat threads, no?
We have a christian chat box, which caters for all kinds of discussions christians might wanna have. Then there is a non christian chatbox, and the satanic chatbox, don't you think those are enough?

Any kind of discussion can have a thread right? And it can have any name but not 'christian chatbox' tagged to it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (96)

Anita Oyakhilome's Name Change: Here Is The Real Gist - Lailasblog / Mummy G.O.'s Son: "My Mother Not Bothered About Hellfire Memes On Social Media" / Bisola Johnson: T.B. Joshua Addresses Rape Accusation (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.