Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,959 members, 7,810,650 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) (64846 Views)

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Emusan(m): 12:15pm On Sep 24, 2013
Mod pls kindly help my remove the already closed thread by HBG titled "is there any division in Christ? God forbid!"

Shalom!
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:57pm On Sep 24, 2013
Emusan: Mod pls kindly help my remove the already closed thread by HBG titled "is there any division in Christ? God forbid!"

Shalom!
you want it removed?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 24, 2013
@Mr Troll, These are the Justifications for closing the ''meme thread''

Rule 1 says dont derail and always post on topic. How does that thread break the rule?
The thread was derailed when U dudes started posting offensive pictures and cartoons of Jesus,God and Mohammed in a supposedly relaxation thread for Atheist

Rule 2 says don't deliberately provoke a NL member etc. Which NL member was deliberately provoked?
We Theists are the NL members there were deliberately provoked

Rule 3 says don't encourage violent action etc. How does that thread encourage violent actions?
Cartoon and Offensive pictures of God and Prophets of God have caused violence in Nigeria in the past and the thread can triggered such action when stumbled upon by fanatics, as such, Violent action is encouraged by the thread

Rule 7 says don't say anything detrimental to the security. . . How does this thread threaten the security of NL?
When Violent action is triggered by the thread,such can jeopardise the security of Nairaland and effort of Seun Osewa as fanatics and security agencies may be interested in the source of such blasphemy

Rule 8 says don't post false info. I'd like to see a christian or muslim showing the false info on that thread.

Yes, the thread promotes false Information most especially in page 6 where a picture suggested Jesus declared his apostles fools for not seeing aliens taking him away......... Is that what actually transpired or a false information ?

For every 1 false info shown, i'll show 5 in threads opened by christians and then by said logic, this section will have to be closed! Afterall, christianity is false......

U are suppose to report false Information by christains to the Mod,supermod or admin instead of launching counter-Offensive-Attack also, can u proof beyond reasonable doubt that christianity is a falsehood ?

Rule 9 says don't use NL for illegal acts. This is quite hilarious.
Blashpemy of Religion is quite Illegal ; section 204 of Nigerian criminal code prohibits insults on Religion

And lest I forgot, The thread also contravened Nairaland rule No 5 which frown at posting ''DISGUTING pictures''

Rule is Rule

Nairaland Rule 1,2,3,5,7,8 and 9 have just been contravened on one single ''MEME'' Thread

N.B. Moderators Kindly considered the justifications as provided above while representing the case !!!

I am watching too and if no action were taken we shall hand you all to GOD !!!

3 Likes

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by tunapa2009(m): 1:41pm On Sep 24, 2013
Please help me to delete the letter to the church and leave letter to the church(part 1)...it is the same content(network problem)....thanks#moderator
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by MrTroll(m): 2:06pm On Sep 24, 2013
donroxy:
The thread was derailed when U dudes started posting offensive pictures and cartoons of Jesus,God and Mohammed in a supposedly relaxation thread for Atheist
Do you know what a meme is? Especially one called atheist meme? In case you don't, those pictures are the purpose of the thread. You don't get to define for atheists how to 'relax'.

We Theists are the NL members there were deliberately provoked
This is a blanket statement. By this reason, all atheists are being provoked when you say your god created us. Therefore all such threads should be closed too.

Cartoon and Offensive pictures of God and Prophets of God have caused violence in Nigeria in the past and the thread can triggered such action when stumbled upon by fanatics, as such, Violent action is encouraged by the thread
This is a classic Sliding Slope Fallacy. You have to specifically show how any picture there has said or implicitely suggested that somebody should go on a violent rampage. . . Keep your fanciful imaginations to yourself.

When Violent action is triggered by the thread,such can jeopardise the security of Nairaland and effort of Seun Osewa as fanatics and security agencies may be interested in the source of such blasphemy
define blasphemy. To be frank, i don't know if Nigeria has blasphemy laws but if they do, then it will be funny because Christians calling Jesus the sun of God is already blasphemous to Muslims who also share the same country. Hilarious isn't it? cheesy

Yes, the thread promotes false Information most especially in page 6 where a picture suggested Jesus declared his apostles fools for not seeing aliens taking him away......... Is that what actually transpired or a false information ?
well in this case, you have to show proof beyond reasonable doubt that Jesus didn't say that. Shey even the bible says that not all of Jesus deeds were written down? Who knows. . .wink

U are suppose to report false Information by christains to the Mod,supermod or admin instead of launching counter-Offensive-Attack also, can u proof beyond reasonable doubt that christianity is a falsehood ?
What do you know? I just finished reading one such thread here on NL. Check the thread i posted my last comment before this one wink. Before you do that though, lets do a simple test. All you religionists claim that your own is right and all others are wrong. So by simple logic, only one religion should be correct while all the others should be false abi? Now, pick one and pls tell the MODs to delete all others from this section. Thank you. . .

Blashpemy of Religion is quite Illegal ; section 204 of Nigerian criminal code prohibits insults on Religion
really shocked? I honestly didn't know that. Pls define blasphemy for us all and lets start the thread cleaning. . .

And lest I forgot, The thread also contravened Nairaland rule No 5 which frown at posting ''DISGUTING pictures''
Disgusting? To whom? As far i know that thread was for atheists and they were having quite some fun there. Na una come try to derail am o. . .

Rule is Rule

Nairaland Rule 1,2,3,5,7,8 and 9 have just been contravened on one single ''MEME'' Thread

N.B. Moderators Kindly considered the justifications as provided above while representing the case !!!
try harder mate. . . Your reasons are lacking wink

I am watching too and if no action were taken we shall hand you all to GOD !!!
ah!!! Pls say hi to him for me. Tell him he's owing me some explanations. . .tongue

6 Likes

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 24, 2013
Complaint

If the blasphemy is against GOD, then let God handle the case himself. Vengeance is of The Lord, I rest my case.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 24, 2013
Mr Troll: Do you know what a meme is? Especially one called atheist meme? In case you don't, those pictures are the purpose of the thread. You don't get to define for atheists how to 'relax'.

This is a blanket statement. By this reason, all atheists are being provoked when you say your god created us. Therefore all such threads should be closed too.

This is a classic Sliding Slope Fallacy. You have to specifically show how any picture there has said or implicitely suggested that somebody should go on a violent rampage. . . Keep your fanciful imaginations to yourself.

define blasphemy. To be frank, i don't know if Nigeria has blasphemy laws but if they do, then it will be funny because Christians calling Jesus the sun of God is already blasphemous to Muslims who also share the same country. Hilarious isn't it? cheesy

well in this case, you have to show proof beyond reasonable doubt that Jesus didn't say that. Shey even the bible says that not all of Jesus deeds were written down? Who knows. . .wink

What do you know? I just finished reading one such thread here on NL. Check the thread i posted my last comment before this one wink. Before you do that though, lets do a simple test. All you religionists claim that your own is right and all others are wrong. So by simple logic, only one religion should be correct while all the others should be false abi? Now, pick one and pls tell the MODs to delete all others from this section. Thank you. . .

really shocked? I honestly didn't know that. Pls define blasphemy for us all and lets start the thread cleaning. . .

Disgusting? To whom? As far i know that thread was for atheists and they were having quite some fun there. Na una come try to derail am o. . .

ah!!! Pls say hi to him for me. Tell him he's owing me some explanations. . .tongue
grin grin tongue !!!

I will like to be Civil here since this case doesn't need redundancy ........ !!!!

I have presented my case and U have presented yours ....... let us allow the admin/Mod to determine the appropriateness of our claims !!!!

Basically, Mockery should not be used in presenting your assertions on Meme-Thread but when cartoon of God,Jesus and Mohammed got involved ........that is strictly condemnable Blasphemy and Insult !!!

Atleast we tried to put forward sanity even if no action were taken in the Longrun grin !!!

2 Likes

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:08pm On Sep 24, 2013
tunapa2009: Please help me to delete the letter to the church and leave letter to the church(part 1)...it is the same content(network problem)....thanks#moderator
link please

Or use the report button to report the problem

Thanks
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by UyiIredia(m): 4:09pm On Sep 24, 2013
Ishilove:
I agree completely. The thread is an outrage. The contents of that nasty thread is nauseating and very deeply offensive to my beliefs.

Mods, something should be done ASAP about the situation

I laughed afta donroxy's and this post. Life has b*tched mmw and logicboy on this one. Recall when my contrarian posts on that thread were hidden. Now see what happened. I must say though, in all honesty, I am not riled by such memes, I see the truth and flaws in them. Neither would I use the word nauseating or deeply offensive, since it doesn't capture my feelings on such memes. That said, I'll toe the line on this one.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by UyiIredia(m): 4:16pm On Sep 24, 2013
Complaint: I strongly disagree with HBG's decision not make this thread strictly for complaints. Typically, the complaints thread has allowed for some nice level of chat and is akin to Romance boards off-topic section: I would like it to continue that way. Anyone who agrees shouls second this post.

5 Likes

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by UyiIredia(m): 4:22pm On Sep 24, 2013
aManFromMars: COMPLAINTS

If anyone has a problem with the Atheist thread, there has to be PROOF that it violates NL rules. And if any of the rules can be applied to that thread, it can also be applied to any other Christian/Satanic/Pagan thread.

I find the idea that Christians are free to castigate Atheist, Muslim, Pagan and even 'Catholic' beliefs, yet get mod protection when theirs are placed under scrutiny just repulsive.

Also, note that most Christians are more uncomfortable with @Obadiah's 'heresies' than any atheist meme.

Be careful how you apply those rules. smiley

Nairaland Christians HARDLY save on few occassions castigate using memes that specifically denigrate atheism and atheists, not to mention I have not seen a Christian meme thread castigating atheism or deism. The same can't be said of atheists especially wrt the fact that a meme thread was created for that sole purpose. In fact, barring any dicussion over those memes as mmw did to me. You should be happy the thread lasted as long as it did under 3 Christian mods with 2 conservatives amongst.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by UyiIredia(m): 4:42pm On Sep 24, 2013
Mr Troll: Do you know what a meme is? Especially one called atheist meme? In case you don't, those pictures are the purpose of the thread. You don't get to define for atheists how to 'relax'.

Saved.

This is laughable.

'This is a blanket statement. By this reason, all atheists are being provoked when you say your god created us. Therefore all such threads should be closed too.'

You aren't on Richard Dawkins site or The Thinking Atheist discussion board. This is the RELIGION board and read the intro, it says share your beliefs (not unbeliefs) in higher powers here. That atheists have been allowed leeway on this board is credit to the site, it isn't your right. If you find it offensive request for a seperate board, since your atheism is supposedly not a belief talkless of a religion. You must always, till requistote measures are taken, be the irony that whilst claiming you have nothing to fo with religion always hop about the religion board.

4 Likes

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:27pm On Sep 24, 2013
I want to complain that some people are derailing this complaint thread.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 24, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Saved.

This is laughable.

'This is a blanket statement. By this reason, all atheists are being provoked when you say your god created us. Therefore all such threads should be closed too.'

You aren't on Richard Dawkins site or The Thinking Atheist discussion board. This is the RELIGION board and read the intro, it says share your beliefs (not unbeliefs) in higher powers here. That atheists have been allowed leeway on this board is credit to the site, it isn't your right. If you find it offensive request for a seperate board, since your atheism is supposedly not a belief talkless of a religion. You must always, till requistote measures are taken, be the irony that whilst claiming you have nothing to fo with religion always hop about the religion board.

Lmao.....trying to engage in a logical debate? This is truly laughable.

Facts for you
-atheists can have beliefs. Atheism is not a belief, however there are atheistic religions eg buddhism, atheistic satanism. I am an atheist and a humanist.
-Seun himself has an atheist thread on the religion section. To claim that it is some kind of leeway that atheists can post here is the highest form of disrespect (towards Seun) and ignorance
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 24, 2013
Logicboy03:
Lmao.....trying to engage in a logical debate? This is truly laughable.

Facts for you
-atheists can have beliefs. Atheism is not a belief, however there are atheistic religions eg buddhism, atheistic satanism. I am an atheist and a humanist.
-Seun himself has an atheist thread on the religion section. To claim that it is some kind of leeway that atheists can post here is the highest form of disrespect (towards Seun) and ignorance
Oo Lenu bi Kettle ... MechieOnu Gi there !!!

Mods, Really, should Atheists result to denigration of our revered personalities ?

HumbleByGrace ..... Whatzup,U re silent on this one .... Oginni now ?

shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (96)

Anita Oyakhilome's Name Change: Here Is The Real Gist - Lailasblog / Mummy G.O.'s Son: "My Mother Not Bothered About Hellfire Memes On Social Media" / Bisola Johnson: T.B. Joshua Addresses Rape Accusation (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.