Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles (39922 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church / Tithes And Offerings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 29, 2013
Goshen360:

Biblically, YES!!!
Why did Jesus not follow the law when He was dealing with the woman caught in adultery?
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 29, 2013
Alwaystrue: @idnoble,
thanks. Please check your pm.
Thanks too for the answers. I know all questions have been answered. All we see that is left going on here is just quibbling. smiley
Thanks sis. Your words are refreshing. Three young men against i, trying to strangle tithe outta me.
If it be of God, nothing can be done over it.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Candour(m): 2:58pm On Sep 29, 2013
idnoble135:
We've talked before bro and you did not bring this up. I cant split my attention.
Could you be patient let me have the discussion with Enigma. I'd attend to you when when we are done.

Oh really? Didn't bring it up then? Are u sure?

But no problem. Whenever you're ready, I should be ready too

Cheers
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Goshen360(m): 3:00pm On Sep 29, 2013
idnoble135:
1. He spoke to him as regarding the law because the issue was basically how to get eternal life. And the young man could not get it through Jesus because He had not yet died on the cross.
2. No. Tithe is beyond a matter of the law. And so, assuming that position would be wrong.

#2 is the problem and confusion. if tithe is beyond the law, which one\tithe EXACTLY are you teaching or practicing? The one that goes BEYOND the law or the one according to the law or BOTH?
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Enigma(m): 3:02pm On Sep 29, 2013
idnoble135:
1. He spoke to him as regarding the law because the issue was basically how to get eternal life. And the young man could not get it through Jesus because He had not yet died on the cross.
2. No. Tithe is beyond a matter of the law. And so, assuming that position would be wrong.

You see why I didn't take your answer seriously the first time.

All you are saying is that 2+2 = 4 but looking for reasons why 1+3 should not also be 4!

Take your time to think about the matter --- honestly.

smiley
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Goshen360(m): 3:02pm On Sep 29, 2013
idnoble135:
Why did Jesus not follow the law when He was dealing with the woman caught in adultery?

I have edited that post. Your answer is there in the addition.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Candour(m): 3:02pm On Sep 29, 2013
idnoble135:
Thanks sis. Your words are refreshing. Three young men against i, trying to strangle tithe outta me.

grin grin

You think so highly of yourself but pls enjoy it. Its perfectly legal grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Goshen360(m): 3:03pm On Sep 29, 2013
Enigma:

All you are saying is that 2+2 = 4 but looking for reasons why 1+3 should not also be 4!

smiley

grin shocked grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Alwaystrue(f): 3:03pm On Sep 29, 2013
idnoble135:

If only everyone can apply what Jesus said to the Pharisee Nicodemus that He must be born again...of WATER and SPIRIT. Only Jesus could have said that and there are lots of things that are only discerned in the Spirit and also in the washing of water by the WORD.
Truly Jesus is Master.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 29, 2013
Candour:

Oh really? Didn't bring it up then? Are u sure?

But no problem. Whenever you're ready, I should be ready too

Cheers
thanks for understanding.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 29, 2013
Goshen360:

#2 is the problem and confusion. if tithe is beyond the law, which one\tithe EXACTLY are you teaching or practicing? The one that goes BEYOND the law or the one according to the law or BOTH?
lol... all my post should have been clear. Lets ride on.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 29, 2013
Goshen360:

I have edited that post. Your answer is there in the addition.
Kindly re post.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 29, 2013
Candour:

grin grin

You think so highly of yourself but pls enjoy it. Its perfectly legal grin
Do i? Where in my post suggests that i "think highly" of my self. Or is it a baseless post?
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 29, 2013
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Goshen360(m): 3:16pm On Sep 29, 2013
Alwaystrue:

If only everyone can apply what Jesus said to the Pharisee Nicodemus that He must be born again...of WATER and SPIRIT. Only Jesus could have said that and there are lots of things that are only discerned in the Spirit and also in the washing of water by the WORD.
Truly Jesus is Master.

I always knew you don't understand what you read at all and that's one of your problem. Lemme advise you, put on the lens of the NEW COVENANT, that started after the cross AND READ MATTHEW TO JOHN AGAIN. You might thank me one day.

Being BORN AGAIN not of incorruptible seed ...

Jesus spoke to Nichodemus but did he explain or reveal it to him? Ask Peter, the Apostle. cheesy
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 29, 2013
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 29, 2013
Enigma:

smiley
my answer is clear and honest. If you think it is dishonest, may i ask a question from the word?
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Enigma(m): 3:18pm On Sep 29, 2013
idnoble135:
my answer is clear and honest. If you think it is dishonest, may i ask a question from the word?

Ask!
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Alwaystrue(f): 3:29pm On Sep 29, 2013
cheesy

John 3:3-5
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot SEE the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot ENTER into the kingdom of God.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 29, 2013
Enigma:

Ask!
Okkkk....
Related to your earlier comment but not exactly on the topic.
In Acts 2:38, Peter spoke UNDER THE ANOINTING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT that the people must repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus to be recieve the Holy Spirit.
Apostle Paul also showed the same in Chapter 19 where the disciples had to be baptized under with the baptism of the Lord before he laid hands on them to recieve the Holy Ghost.
But in Acts 10, the people were baptized in the Holy Ghost even though they had not yet accepted Christ by confessing Him as Lord neither were they baptized with water.
If Peter said that (Acts 2:38) under the anointing of the Holy Spirit, then, is God not dishonest to have done otherwise in chapter ten?
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 29, 2013
Alwaystrue: cheesy

John 3:3-5
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot SEE the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot ENTER into the kingdom of God.

lol.... Took me a long time to understand that verse.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Alwaystrue(f): 3:39pm On Sep 29, 2013
idnoble135:
lol.... Took me a long time to understand that verse.
cheesy It hit me a few minutes ago just as I made my previous comment. Everything has just fallen into place in the revelation. Wow! thank you Jesus!
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Enigma(m): 3:42pm On Sep 29, 2013
idnoble135:
1. He spoke to him as regarding the law because the issue was basically how to get eternal life. And the young man could not get it through Jesus because He had not yet died on the cross ......

Actually, I should not let you get away with this; at the least I should again ask you to go and think about this carefully. Consider the following passages:

John 10
27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.

John 17
2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him.

John 6
53 So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves. 54 "He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Enigma(m): 3:57pm On Sep 29, 2013
idnoble135:
Okkkk....
Related to your earlier comment but not exactly on the topic.
In Acts 2:38, Peter spoke UNDER THE ANOINTING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT that the people must repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus to be recieve the Holy Spirit.

Peter did not say the people must repent and be baptised in order to receive the Holy Spirit. He urged them to repent and be baptised and assured them that they will receive the Holy Spirit.

idnoble135: Apostle Paul also showed the same in Chapter 19 where the disciples had to be baptized under with the baptism of the Lord before he laid hands on them to recieve the Holy Ghost.

I imagine you are referring to Acts 19:1-4 here. Again Paul did not say they must repent (they had even already repented) and be baptised in order to receive the Holy Spirit.

idnoble135: But in Acts 10, the people were baptized in the Holy Ghost even though they had not yet accepted Christ by confessing Him as Lord neither were they baptized with water.
If Peter said that (Acts 2:38) under the anointing of the Holy Spirit, then, is God not dishonest to have done otherwise in chapter ten?

No! What you have to understand is that the gift of the Holy Spirit in that extraordinary way is entirely at the choice and pleasure of God!

In the Cornelius example, God Himself chose to give that gentile household that particular gift to let the apostles and us know that 'there is neither Jew nor gentile' in His kingdom!

And as for the gift of the Spirit in extraordinary ways being at the choice of God, think about 1 Cor 12: 29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? 30 Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues? Do all interpret? 31 Now eagerly desire the greater gifts.

smiley
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 29, 2013
Enigma:

Actually, I should not let you get away with this; at the least I should again ask you to go and think about this carefully. Consider the following passages:

John 10
27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.

John 17
2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him.

John 6
53 So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves. 54 "He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.

Whats your point?
The law was to give life,
...the commandment, which was ordained to life... Rom 7:10
When Christ died, was when eternal life through Christ came. The law was brought to a stand still. And Christ became the only way to get eternal life. Thats why nobody could claim redemption because He had not yet die. Even He himself preached the gospel of repentance.
When He died, the disciples did not just preach the gospel of repentance but preached Christ and His resurrection from the dead.
Hian!
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Enigma(m): 4:09pm On Sep 29, 2013
Earlier, you said it took you a long time to understand a particular verse? Well, I guess and hope you will understand my post and the verses eventually.

Meanwhile, consider this: no one under the Old Testament was saved by the law. wink

smiley

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 29, 2013
@Enigma, maybe i should quote the scripture.

Then Peter said, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of the of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and ye shall recieve the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

Hope you noticed the connection? But that aside, thats not where i'm going to.
The important thing is the gift of the Holy Spirit was for those who had accepted Christ and were now God's children.

In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of
truth, the gospel of your
salvation; in whom also,
having believed, you were
sealed with the Holy Spirit of
promise

That now established.
You talking about Apostle Paul. I did not type that they had to repent to recieve the Holy Spirit. No! I said he told the disciples to be baptized with the baptism of the Lord.
Thirdly, the verse that you gave in 1 Cor does not rhyme with what we are saying. The verse talks of desiring gifts . The Holy Spirit is a gift not gifts. Therefore, that verse does not apply. Besides, how can they desire the Holy Spirit if they knew nothing about Him or Jesus? That point is invalid..
Now, the thing i'm saying here is, you said i was dishonest because a verse applied to Mark but not to Mathew. Meaning i'm using different principles.
But God using different principles here must be dishonest too. Agree?
If your answer is no, then, i'm not guilty.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 29, 2013
Enigma: Earlier, you said it took you a long time to understand a particular verse? Well, I guess and hope you will understand my post and the verses eventually.

Meanwhile, consider this: no one under the Old Testament was saved by the law. wink

smiley
I speak on only what i'm sure. I read every anti tithe thread here. Even dating as far back as the year 2010. I have about six threads saved that i'm still going to go through. I have spent over one month studying the subject and asking the God for light.
Now, i know. And what i know, and i'm sure, i speak.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by christemmbassey(m): 4:30pm On Sep 29, 2013
Goshen360:

It's called 'selective' obedience. grin He doesn't 'understand' what you saying, he just reading.

@ idnoble135,

lemme help you understand what Enigma is saying. If tithing as per Matthew 23:23 is "ETERNAL PRINCIPLE", why can't selling ALL AND THEN FOLLOW JESUS AS REQUIREMENT also be "eternal principle", because both statements was made by Christ.
bros Goshe, u wan spoil business 4 pastors, if we sell all our properties and give all d proceeds to d poor wetin u go take pay tithe?

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 29, 2013
Alwaystrue, you have a mail.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Goshen360(m): 4:33pm On Sep 29, 2013
@ Big bros Enigma,

Please stop allowing this guy deviate from the subject at hand. Like what happened in the other tithe thread on Matthew 23 exposition. These people will say, tithe predated the law and idnoble135 is saying same thing.

The question is, are they the same? Which tithe is he advocating here for Christians? He should answer or rather, you should ask him this question:
Goshen360:

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Alwaystrue(f): 4:38pm On Sep 29, 2013
Indeed Jesus is our Saviour and He has given us the grace to live in the New testament He delivered while still IN THE FLESH before He sealed it in His blood (Matt. 26:28) on the cross and also a ransom for our sin.
While in the OT, the people said they will do all and be obedient (Exodus 24:7- cool which is fleshly will and actions but could not do as they should but by God's mercies they were not consumed, In the NT, Jesus told us He will send a comforter i.e. the Holy Spirit who worketh in us to WILL and DO in US God's pleasure (Philipians 2:13) while we live in this new glorious dispensation and this was evidenced by the apostles in their writings.

And Grace as revealed in Titus 2:11-14 is saving and enabling:

11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,
12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age,
13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,
14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works

It is the grace of God in Christ that redeems us and purifies us, His special people, and makes us zealous for good works.
Thank God.

@idnoble,
Thanks I will check it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (34) (Reply)

T.B Joshua "Predicted Crash Of Russian Plane"(watch Video) / Apostle Suleman Reacts To Shoprite's Looting In Nigeria Over Xenophobia In SA / Frank Edwards And Don Moen In The Studio - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.