Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,722 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! (11186 Views)

Which Of The Sexes Are Mostly Deluded In There Thinking? / Women, If You Think You Are Equal To Men Try This / Battle of the Sexes - Males vs. Females (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by jekkad: 11:42pm On Jun 30, 2008
LAKANYE~:

ALL MEN NEED TO GATHER TOGETHER TO "FIGHT" THIS WOMEN ON THIS ISSUE OF EQUALITY, AND PUT THEM IN THEIR PLACE.

lmao  grin grin  fight the feminists , im not one  grin grin grin grin
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by onyinye2(f): 11:43pm On Jun 30, 2008
LAKANYE~:

ALL MEN NEED TO GATHER TOGETHER TO "FIGHT" THIS WOMEN ON THIS ISSUE OF EQUALITY, AND PUT THEM IN THEIR PLACE.

can you please elaborate on the bolded area??
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by syren: 11:48pm On Jun 30, 2008
CH3COO:

syren, there is nothing confusing to me about what I posted.  I know you can do better than "you're confused"

Wanting equal rights is fighting against things women have been denied in the past, like the right to vote or the right to equal salaries. Is paying for dinner on a date a right? well it is one I already have sha, if I want to pay for a meal I can and will  cool
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by LAKANYE(m): 11:50pm On Jun 30, 2008
onyinye2:

can you please elaborate on the bolded area??

ONYINYE2,
I knew you to be one of the smartest females on NAIRALAND, I don't think you need further explanations on "MEN PUTTING WOMEN IN THEIR RIGHTFUL PLACE"
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by CH3COO(m): 11:51pm On Jun 30, 2008
syren
So equality shouldn't be uniformly distributed?  It should only apply when looking at the bigger picture, like work and voting.  How can you press for equality and still shout out exceptions. Some feminists just don't know what they want.
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by onyinye2(f): 11:53pm On Jun 30, 2008
@ Lakanye

thanks for the complement but i must ask you, where is a woman's rightful place?? i would really like to know what your response is.
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by beebop(f): 11:55pm On Jun 30, 2008
what is that place? the kitchen?

where women can sit docilely waiting for their man to come back from wherever and give them the STDs they picked up on the way home
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by jekkad: 11:55pm On Jun 30, 2008
onyinye2:

@ Lakanye

thanks for the complement but i must ask you, where is a woman's rightful place?? i would really like to know what your response is.

where else onyinye ?if not by her husband as a submissive wife undecided undecided
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by CH3COO(m): 11:56pm On Jun 30, 2008
Lakanye answer the question.  Stop dodging and weaving like a boxer.
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by beebop(f): 11:57pm On Jun 30, 2008
please this submissive wife bullshit has got to stop. submissive wife = doormat.

what's wrong with mutual respect and sharing?
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by onyinye2(f): 11:57pm On Jun 30, 2008
@beebop

LMFAO!!! oh gawd that is classic one right there. cheesy cheesy cheesy

@jekad

i was hoping for a new response but i guess i got to face reality. why must a wife be submissive to please her husband??
submissive is another word for slave. undecided
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by syren: 11:57pm On Jun 30, 2008
CH3COO:

So equality shouldn't be uniformly distributed?  It should only apply when looking at the bigger picture, like work and voting.  

I've already explained myself, i have no problem sharing household responsibilities, paying for meals, weddings or whatever else you want to think of. Men feel the need to control everything so if you don't want women's help don't complain if we don't help. If you want I will give. What is so hard in compromising these days?
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by jekkad: 11:58pm On Jun 30, 2008
beebop:

please this submissive wife bullshit has got to stop. submissive wife = doormat.

what's wrong with mutual respect and sharing?

nope honestly im not a feminist,u being submissive does not mean your hubby wont respect u,no matter what d wives d need to respect their husbands and their husbands need to respect the wives
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by beauteous(f): 11:58pm On Jun 30, 2008
beebop:

Whats wrong with mutual respect and sharing?
seconded!!
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by CH3COO(m): 11:58pm On Jun 30, 2008
And syren, she's not arguing about equal rights.  Maybe some of her arguments are about equal rights, but I have no problem with equal rights.  Women deserve it and are human beings too.  The discussion is about equality of the sexes.  That's a well-patented mistruth
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by jekkad: 12:00am On Jul 01, 2008
onyinye2:

@beebop

LMFAO!!! oh gawd that is classic one right there. cheesy cheesy cheesy

@jekad

i was hoping for a new response but i guess i got to face reality. why must a wife be submissive to please her husband??
submissive is another word for slave. undecided

being submissive does not mean that you're a slave atall,u peeps just look at it as if its a crime

im submissive to my hubby in certain areas but it does not mean im a slave

one person has to come down for d other one,if not when two people trying to to be d head stay in a house that marriage is headed for destruction
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by CH3COO(m): 12:01am On Jul 01, 2008
syren:

I've already explained myself, i have no problem sharing household responsibilities, paying for meals, weddings or whatever else you want to think of. Men feel the need to control everything so if you don't want women's help don't complain if we don't help. If you want I will give. What is so hard in compromising these days?
Just becaue you will do these things doesn't mean the others will too.  Feminists by mouth and feminists at heart are distinct.  Feminism has failed to work in all societies.
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by TOH(f): 12:01am On Jul 01, 2008
mutually respect for what?

You greedy hussies dont deserve any respect whatsoever.

If any guy treats you like trash, just know you deserve it.

Want respect yet you want to be a leech on someone's wallet

Better stop fooling yourselves

Bunch of clowns, I tell you. Clown sef use better makeup
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by onyinye2(f): 12:01am On Jul 01, 2008
im not saying that a woman should you know take care of her husband. that she should do. but my point is why do the so called men want there wives to be basically their second mom??
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by onyinye2(f): 12:02am On Jul 01, 2008
CH3COO:

Just becaue you will do these things doesn't mean the others will too. Feminists by mouth and feminists at heart are distinct. Feminism has failed to work in all societies.

egotistic males work in society?? undecided
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by jekkad: 12:03am On Jul 01, 2008
onyinye2:

im not saying that a woman should you know take care of her husband. that she should do. but my point is why do the so called men want there wives to be basically their second mom??

ask them why they want it so,we all know men r babies so once in a while they need some good loving grin
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by CH3COO(m): 12:03am On Jul 01, 2008
TOH:

You greedy hussies don't deserve any respect whatsoever.

Lol!!! grin This one is for that jennifer of a thief. and I won't be shocked if you start hurling your classic insults now
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by LAKANYE(m): 12:03am On Jul 01, 2008
DID SOMEONE JUST ASKED ME A QUESTION??
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Mesmerize(f): 12:04am On Jul 01, 2008
Hmmmmmmmmm. .
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by CH3COO(m): 12:05am On Jul 01, 2008
onyinye2:

egotistic males work in society?? undecided
It worked (if you ask me), but it wasn't exactly the best way.  That's why we have a change, right?
Not saying it's the best option.
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by jekkad: 12:05am On Jul 01, 2008
someone is asking for jennys trouble,but them no go get am,cos im enjoying dis thread  grin
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by syren: 12:05am On Jul 01, 2008
CH3COO:

And syren, she's not arguing about equal rights.  Maybe some of her arguments are about equal rights, but I have no problem with equal rights.  Women deserve it and are human beings too.  The discussion is about equality of the sexes.  That's a well-patented mistruth

Well in that case   Like I've said b4 women are not the same as men. We are not inferior neither are we superior. In marriage and marriage only I accept that the husband is the head of the home but both spouses are just as important as eachother.
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by LAKANYE(m): 12:06am On Jul 01, 2008
WOMEN KNOWS THEIR RIGHTFUL PLACE BETTER THAN ANY OTHER SPECIE, AND THAT IS WHY THEY ALWAYS ASPIRE TO GET MARRIED BEFORE ITS TOO LATE FOR THEM. grin grin grin IT'S NEVER TOO LATE FOR ANY MAN.
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by onyinye2(f): 12:06am On Jul 01, 2008
jek_kad:

ask them why they want it so,we all know men r babies so once in a while they need some good loving grin

men are past babies, they are spoiled. from birth they were treated as "mommy's lil man" so now they want that same treatment now. but from their wives.
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by jekkad: 12:07am On Jul 01, 2008
TOH:

You greedy hussies don't deserve any respect whatsoever.

y don't u take this to the thread where it belongs

u peeps like making a mountain out of a mole hill,d fact that some peeps said that they take their spouse's money does not mean they really do it u know?this is internet and anybody can claim to be what he/she isnt
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by jekkad: 12:07am On Jul 01, 2008
onyinye2:

men are past babies, they are spoiled. from birth they were treated as "mommy's little man" so now they want that same treatment now. but from their wives.

then give it to them,for peace to reign grin grin grin
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by beebop(f): 12:08am On Jul 01, 2008
dictionary.com
submissive  
1. inclined or ready to submit; unresistingly or humbly obedient: submissive servants.

methinks this word is way overused. I only go to church in nigeria but I remember one time the pastor was talking about traits of a submissive wife and he yelled that a submissive wife should wake up at 4am to cook her husband's lunch before she goes to work and come back and wash his feet.

he was referring to a family where the parents  are joint breadwinners. my response was to make a bored face and continue daydreaming

Now, it's reasonable to understand that there are certain tasks in a family that the woman is socialized to perform and vice-versa, but when two people are joint breadwinners is it not reasonable to understand that the tasks should be evenly shared?

I'm not married, but I do have a boyfriend who cooks and cleans (and even bakes for me) and even though we most likely won't get married, i don't think that he's going to change if and when he does

then again he isn't nigerian

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

What's Your Opinion About Taking Showers With Your BF/GF? / Secret To Delaying Your Ejaculation For As Long As You Want. / Broke Up With My Girlfriend Cause I Caught Her Doing This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.