Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,736 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! (11187 Views)

Which Of The Sexes Are Mostly Deluded In There Thinking? / Women, If You Think You Are Equal To Men Try This / Battle of the Sexes - Males vs. Females (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by lonelypal(m): 2:43pm On Jun 30, 2008
michelin89:

1. That's why you are lonely! tongue

haha dnt be too sure of ma I.D grin grin

[quote author=michelin89 link=topic=146743.msg2440020#msg2440020 date=1214832335

2. It's a man's world because women think that to have what it takes, you have to be like a man. You see them doing silly things only men used to do. I remember when I was young I rarely saw female smokers, drunkards, drug addicts. All these habits were generally the men's.
quite amazing u agree with me women want to be like men, why? not really because they want to have what it takes, i see it as competition cos they dnt wanna depend on men for virtually evrything they need, thats y u see women Engineers, Doctors, etc, by so doing they have acknowlegded the fact that its a world dominated by men and they call the shortz!, still struggling to beat that up till eternity grin
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Soin: 2:44pm On Jun 30, 2008
When I say equal I am referring to the weight of their abilities. if it's true that both men and women were created by the same god and that they are both equal before him, I believe that if he has gifted man with an ability he must have gifted the woman with another one, as important as that given to the man, to complement.

That's what I understand by equality. But I am not a xtian but I do have eyes to observe around. And what I have seen is that as much as we try to deny it men and women are different, they aren't the same (typical mistake: being the same is very different from being equal).
I didn't see this. Either you edited, either I skipped it.

If you want to take this religiously, I don't think God created male and female as equals. He created the woman to complete the man. It's somewhere in the Bible. We're equal in the eyes of God ,  I see that as we'll be judged equally. But on human terms, it's the complete opposite.

Equality to me means 'on the same level'. Fine, men (at a certain age) are less mature than women of the same age. Or we comprehend issues easily or tic tac. I can understand that. But it doesn't necessarily mean we're equal. We complement eachother on some levels but we're completely different, ability wise or whatever wise.
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by smooooooth: 2:45pm On Jun 30, 2008
i think the poster was going i the rigth direction before the detour, anyway women have given a new meaning to female rights in present times, they want to be men, act think, talk and llive like them, thats impossible, they ask for too much liberation and power that will keep men under them and make them the bosses, and that in my opinion is wrong, cos even god did not design it t hat way,
women should accept that they are weaker and second only to men, that way all things will run smooooooooooothly.
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Gamine(f): 2:46pm On Jun 30, 2008
Everywhere i turn to on TV are men pretending to be women
men wanting to be women.

Thank God he made me a Woman!
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 30, 2008
lonelypal:

quite amazing u agree with me women want to be like men, why? not really because they want to have what it takes, i see it as competition because they dnt want to depend on men for virtually evrything they need, thats y u see women Engineers, Doctors, etc, by so doing they have acknowlegded the fact that its a world dominated by men and they call the shortz!, still struggling to beat that up till eternity grin

I beg to differ, a man is not a natural engineer or doctor. That's an acquired ability and nothing stops a woman from acquiring it too.

Don't mix up natural abilities with acquired one. Thanks! smiley wink
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Soin: 2:48pm On Jun 30, 2008
smooooooth:

i think the poster was going i the rigth direction before the detour, anyway women have given a new meaning to female rights in present times, they want to be men, act think, talk and llive like them, thats impossible, they ask for too much liberation and power that will keep men under them and make them the bosses, and that in my opinion is wrong, because even god did not design it t hat way,
women should accept that they are weaker and second only to men, that way all things will run smooooooooooothly.
I don't think we're second to men. Definitely not. This is quite a touchy subject. Hard to bring it down to writing. >< Anyway, I am not and will never be under any man. But I openly admit that we're weaker in most areas and we have to accept it.
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by smooooooth: 2:49pm On Jun 30, 2008
Gamine:

Thank God he made me a Woman!
wait till you carry belle, and its due to deliver the baby,
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 30, 2008
smooooooth:

i think the poster was going i the rigth direction before the detour, anyway women have given a new meaning to female rights in present times, they want to be men, act think, talk and llive like them, thats impossible, they ask for too much liberation and power that will keep men under them and make them the bosses, and that in my opinion is wrong, because even god did not design it t hat way,

See your mouth. Sorry I went astray, but you know I aint a chauvinist! tongue grin
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Seastone(f): 2:51pm On Jun 30, 2008
What happened that day, the woman or man woke up and thought that they were unequal to each other.
The unleached a war on each other based on strength defying MOTHERnature in every way.
The woman lost
But now she is back and now she wants to be equal
Define equal, and who told you that your not?
Man and Woman live simultaneously, ying and yang, without one the other can not be!
So their should be question about equality!
Man and woman need to find unity!

Before Christianity came,   what was your position?
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by lonelypal(m): 2:51pm On Jun 30, 2008
syren:

@lonely pal
to clarify your point could you give a reason why women couldn't survive without men. just curious undecided

Am sure u know there are several reasons why women cant survive without men, but basically it all entails the composition of the human phisionomy, which women have a lower percentage of, Biology, History has proved this
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Gamine(f): 2:52pm On Jun 30, 2008
@Seastone.
its hard to understand what you posted.

@Smooooth,
i sorry 4 u
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Soin: 2:52pm On Jun 30, 2008
What is civilized about you when you fail to wake up from your stuck up mentality? I created this thread to invite people like you to focus on the general abilities of both sexes and here you are spitting crap. Just because we are naturally weaker, you have come to conclude that we must be subordinate to men. What an arrant nonsense.

If you haven't understood the purpose of this thread, then kindly keep your fingers to yourself.
I definitely want to see where I talked about being subordinate to men. Assuming much? If you invited 'people like me' to this thread, how about some patience and ACTUALLY trying to show me your point rather than opening your mouth and spitting bull? Hmm?
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by syren: 2:53pm On Jun 30, 2008
lonelypal:

Am sure u know there are several reasons why women can't survive without men, but basically it all entails the composition of the human phisionomy, which women have a lower percentage of, Biology, History has proved this

So your talking about women as a whole gender and not indivuduals?
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 30, 2008
Soin:

I didn't see this. Either you edited, either I skipped it.

If you want to take this religiously, I don't think God created male and female as equals. He created the woman to complete the man. It's somewhere in the Bible. We're equal in the eyes of God , I see that as we'll be judged equally. But on human terms, it's the complete opposite.

Equality to me means 'on the same level'. Fine, men (at a certain age) are less mature than women of the same age. Or we comprehend issues easily or tic tac. I can understand that. But it doesn't necessarily mean we're equal. We complement eachother on some levels but we're completely different, ability wise or whatever wise.

1. If a woman must complete a man, then it's obvious she has something a man doesn't have. Can you still call her an inferior?
2. Yes, on the same level of abilities. If we were to use a scale, it would be 50-50. Nature is balanced.

Soin:

I don't think we're second to men. Definitely not. This is quite a touchy subject. Hard to bring it down to writing. >< Anyway, I am not and will never be under any man. But I openly admit that we're weaker in most areas and we have to accept it.

The same way men are weak in others. A man can't do everything and you know it!
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Gamine(f): 2:56pm On Jun 30, 2008
Your ass is grass if you think, Men are at the top of the racking food chain!
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by smooooooth: 2:57pm On Jun 30, 2008
michelin89:

See your mouth. Sorry I went astray, but you know I aint a chauvinist! tongue grin

sexist!

Soin:

see what i am talking about.

you go old, b4 you will learn.thank god you at least acknowledge you are weak, probably in sense too.
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 30, 2008
Soin:

I definitely want to see where I talked about being subordinate to men. Assuming much? If you invited 'people like me' to this thread, how about some patience and ACTUALLY trying to show me your point rather than opening your mouth and spitting bull? Hmm?

Ok! I ask for forgiveness. I have read your posts. It seems we failed to see each other's points right from time. wink
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by lonelypal(m): 2:59pm On Jun 30, 2008
grin grin grin grin
michelin89:

I beg to differ, a man is not a natural engineer or doctor. That's an acquired ability and nothing stops a woman from acquiring it too.

Don't mix up natural abilities with acquired one. Thanks! smiley wink

and frm where did man aqcuire those abiltities? God came in form of a woman to teach man right? plsssssssss!

syren:

So your talking about women as a whole gender and not indivuduals?

Definitely yes, the poster wasnt talkin about any of the two as individuals either

Definitely yes,
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Soin: 3:01pm On Jun 30, 2008
michelin89:

1. If a woman must complete a man, then it's obvious she has something a man doesn't have. Can you still call her an inferior?
2. Yes, on the same level of abilities. If we were to use a scale, it would be 50-50. Nature is balanced.

The same way men are weak in others. A man can't do everything and you know it!
1. Completing someone doesn't scream equality. It doesn't mean you're inferior either. You can bring 30 % to the table. Note that this is only generalizing.

2. I wouldn't call nature balanced. And if we were to use a scale, I'm pretty much sure men are weighing more. Like you stated earlier, just look around. Observe.
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 30, 2008
lonelypal:

grin grin grin grin
and frm where did man aqcuire those abiltities? God came in form of a woman to teach man right? plsssssssss!

Definitely yes, the poster wasnt talkin about any of the two as individuals either

Definitely yes,

1. You'll end up lonely! grin

2. So are you saying that the ability to become a doctor, engineer is innate in men, but not in women? So I guess you guys don't even read your books, after all, you already have the natural endowment to become one!
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Gamine(f): 3:04pm On Jun 30, 2008
Natural Ability Ko!

Too many guys i know wouldnt touch engineering even if offered on a platinum platter
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jun 30, 2008
Soin:

1. Completing someone doesn't scream equality. It doesn't mean you're inferior either. You can bring 30 % to the table. Note that this is only generalizing.

2. I wouldn't call nature balanced. And if we were to use a scale, I'm pretty much sure men are weighing more. Like you stated earlier, just look around. Observe.

The reason why you think men's abilities would weigh more is because by looking around, men seem to be in charge everywhere. Maybe now it's like that but when we also start realizing we can do equal (not the same) great things, we'd also have our own share or achievments.
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by syren: 3:06pm On Jun 30, 2008
@ lonelypal

women don't want to be like men, we just want to be able to excel in whichever area we please. If men want to be hairdressers or cooks does that mean they want to be women?
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Soin: 3:07pm On Jun 30, 2008
smooooooth:

sexist!

see what i am talking about.

you go old, before you will learn.thank god you at least acknowledge you are weak, probably in sense too.

How about calming down and posting something that has got sense? Yeah? What do you mean by 'You go old, before you'll learn'? Are you asking for my age or what? ><

Anyway, not admitting that you're in a certain way weaker than men is ignorant. That's as much as I'll say to you.
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by smooooooth: 3:09pm On Jun 30, 2008
natural abilities does not follow any sex preference, women can be anything they want to be, just like men, only that men inherited the superior place from god, and thats the way its going to be, noboday can change that, if you like knack your head for wall.
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 30, 2008
Soin:

How about calming down and posting something that has got sense? Yeah? What do you mean by 'You go old, before you'll learn'? Are you asking for my age or what? ><

Anyway, not admitting that you're in a certain way weaker than men is ignorant. That's as much as I'll say to you.

Why do you keep looking at the issue from this side alone? Why not also consider men's weakness? You make it seem, men are strong enough to be alone: if so, of what help are we and how can we complete them, when they seem to have it all?

Don't be one sided.
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Soin: 3:11pm On Jun 30, 2008
michelin89:

The reason why you think men's abilities would weigh more is because by looking around, men seem to be in charge everywhere. Maybe now it's like that but when we also start realizing we can do equal (not the same) great things, we'd also have our own share or achievments.
Exactly! We're talking of the present.  I am not an ', ist'. I always analyse things. Maybe in the future, women will get stronger, as you say. But for now, from what I've noticed at my early age, men outweigh women. I'm not saying it's right. I'm only stating the obvious (for me).
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 30, 2008
smooooooth:

natural abilities does not follow any sex preference, women can be anything they want to be, just like only, only that men inherited the superior place from god, and thats the way its going to be, noboday can change that, if you like knack your head for wall.

I will knack it if it serves to make you agree with my point. After I'll go to the nearest hospital to get me treated. My ideas are worth some stitches! cheesy
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by smooooooth: 3:12pm On Jun 30, 2008
michelin89:

I will knack it if it serves to make you agree with my point. After I'll go to the nearest hospital to get me treated. My ideas are worth some stitches! cheesy

hehehehe, ok, ok,i agree, no need to attempt suicide.
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Soin: 3:13pm On Jun 30, 2008
michelin89:

Why do you keep looking at the issue from this side alone? Why not also consider men's weakness? You make it seem, men are strong enough to be alone: if so, of what help are we and how can we complete them, when they seem to have it all?

Don't be one sided.
Men are weak. Some men don't know how to cook, they don't know how to do family chores, they suck at sewing, yadi yada. They definitely don't have it all, far from that. But I still don't think it's 50 - 50. At least, so far, I haven't seen why it should be balanced.
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by smooooooth: 3:14pm On Jun 30, 2008
Soin:

Men are weak. Some men don't know how to cook, they don't know how to do family chores, they suck at sewing, yadi yada. They definitely don't have it all, far from that. But I still don't think it's 50 - 50. At least, so far, I haven't seen why it should be balanced.
thats why they are men, the are meant to sit on their fat ass, why you do all the chores naaa!haba, be a woman and take it.
Re: The Sexes Are Equal: Not The Same Abilities, But Equal Weight! by Soin: 3:16pm On Jun 30, 2008
smooooooth:

thats why they are men, the are meant to sit on their fat ass, why you do all the chores naaa!haba, be a woman and take it.
>< I don't understand. Why do I do all the chores? I am not a family woman. At least not yet. I'm a student. What should I take? O_o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Broke Up With My Girlfriend Cause I Caught Her Doing This / One Word To Describe These Girls Photo / Guys What Will You Do If This Guy Slaps Your Lovely Girlfriend(picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.