Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

A Special Message For Unmarried Women - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Special Message For Unmarried Women (34160 Views)

Why Nigerian Unmarried Women Will Increase In No / 7 Things Unmarried Women Do Not Deserve / Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by bukatyne(f): 2:30pm On Oct 07, 2013
Okija_juju:

My darling.. The point is that there is no ideal anything/anywhere..

No couple can honestly come out and say they didnt compromise on one thing or the other in their considerations before marrying their partners. NONE!! Comma must dey.. If you have a 100% partner, then I dont see what the fvck you are doing online.. You should be with that person 24/7 protecting them from people like this OP who are out there hunting for 100% perfect partnners to snatch or marry.. grin

[b]If my sister brings home a partner (that I dont like), heres gonna be my advice to her; My darling sister.. You know I love you and would always look out for your interest. This I promise you will not change. Like Daddy use to say, Marriage is between 2 people. There is no perfect man or woman on earth. Thats why I told mum that I could never be married to her, because I would kill her.. lol. But look at how peaceful and happy a relationship herself and daddy have. Thats why I would advice you to go remove the love from your eyes and the butterfliles from your tummy and keep in one corner and properly assess, inspect, examine, analyse, research, inquire, probe, scrutinize and evaluate this man you want to marry.. Like I told mum, so will I tell you.. I can never marry your husband if I were a Woman because of XYZ reasons.. However, thats just me and I cant hold you to my standard. If you can go and do this honestly and truthfully and still come back to tell me that this is what you want to do, then I will give you my unreserved blessing with a clause that says: Should later down the line you feel like you have made a mistake, then please feel free to use the DIVORCE option after another careful examination of your situation and the implications of your decision.. I will also be here to accept you with open arms, because that what Family are there for.. [/b]

Oh so you will advice your darling sister to scrutinize?

That is what the OP is doing.

There is no perfect man or woman; there is however that person that is ideal for you. There are some things I cannot cope with and some I can 'manage' and vice versa for a guy too.

I might be able to cope with being disorganized but can't stand a bad cook; a guy might manage a bad cook as far as she doesn't nag; another man might not care for all of the above as far as she is good in bed; another man might not like s.ex and does not give a damn if she is a one time woman.

My point, there is a man/woman ideal for you. She or he will NOT be perfect but you both will be willing to make things work out for the best.

Like they say, she is not perfect but we are perfect in each other.... grin

3 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 07, 2013
ariseandshine:

If I may ask, why was EVE created?

EVE was created for many reasons although the reasons, some of which includes

As man's companion
As man's helper
To help man multiply and bring forth more children
Because man(ADAM) was lonely and needed someone to cure him of his loneliness

But EVE wasn't created for her to be a slave. Marriage means TWO becoming ONE. Your wife is your partner, your best friend. Both of you are one, abusing her, making her carry an 8 month-old pregnancy and yet work in extreme conditions is devilish and not biblical. If you really love your wife/woman, harm to her, will be the least on your mind if you really have a conscience

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 07, 2013
uj_sizzle:
I hope you also have plans for keeping your relationship alive too. Marriage is a two-way thing and not just a woman's responsibility.
As much as you want her to spice it up, she also wants you to surprise her...be spontaneous. Don't do that and someday she'll start to feel she's probably trying too hard to keep you interested, and may come to resent you for that.
No amount of work should keep you too busy for your marriage.

All i actually need from my lady is that feeling that she is there, sometimes i find her too inquisitive, but then she always knows when and how to present the issues, and that is all i need, not some Nagging women who brings up issues anytime and anywhere they like
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by ghettodreamz(m): 2:34pm On Oct 07, 2013
Make I go join them for back seat.

I de expect this thread to enter 20th page soon.

All the single ladies.. Oya make una come comment nah.. grin
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Allenkee: 2:34pm On Oct 07, 2013
You people shouldn't persuade or empower young ladies to go out there and challenge their husbands oooh, if you do na koko go full them faces the following day.
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Okijajuju1(m): 2:35pm On Oct 07, 2013
bukatyne:

Oh so you will advice your darling sister to scrutinize?

That is what the OP is doing.

There is no perfect man or woman; there is however that person that is ideal for you. There are some things I cannot cope with and some I can 'manage' and vice versa for a guy too.

I might be able to cope with being disorganized but can't stand a bad cook; a guy might manage a bad cook as far as she doesn't nag; another man might not care for all of the above as far as she is good in bed; another man might not like s.ex and does not give a damn if she is a one time woman.

My point, there is a man/woman ideal for you. She or he will NOT be perfect but you both will be willing to make things work out for the best.

Like they say, she is not perfect but we are perfect in each other.... grin

The Op made it look like a Man that gets angry and throws things against a wall is not the ideal man for any woman to marry.. Or that a Man that insists that his wife pounds yam for him to eat when she is pregnant is not that Ideal man.. grin

Like seriously?!

The OP just made out all of Our Grandfathers and Great Grandfathers to be Bad Husbands grin

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 07, 2013
lekpalicious:
Did you read the topic? Where did it mention anything about women waiting for rich husbands or wanting submissive husbands. Smdh Some people are always quick to comment at any topic. You have missed the boat completely.

Please refer back to my earlier post about what the topic is about. This topic is about unmarried women being so desperate they go for men they normally won't have settled for such as cheaters, abusers etc.

What is so hard to understand? Would you like your sisters or daughters to be so desperate that they settle with such men. About those Aunties yes those are desperate women indeed. Old or young. A desperate women is a desperate women.

They become so desperate because they failed or are failing to use the chances when they have them, they will tell you they need a submissive husband, but deep down in their heart that is not truly what they want, what they actually want is an already made man. and because of this they get old without being in a steady relationship and thereby become desperate for just any man that comes her way with the fear of living the rest of her life with a Lonely Old congos
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by bukatyne(f): 2:36pm On Oct 07, 2013
ariseandshine:

If I may ask, why was EVE created?

Eve as a wife is different from Eve as a woman just how Adam as a husband is different from Adam as a man

Which Eve are you referring to?
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by UjSizzle(f): 2:37pm On Oct 07, 2013
eddiebruk:

A woman don't just get married to a man he sees some few days ago, they first start from dating, and while dating, the woman is supposed to have learned and understand what her man is capable of doing, and how she should go about it, if after dating a man for 2-3years before marriage and a woman is still having issues dealing with how to tackle problems with her husband, then she has missed it somewhere failing to realize that they shouldn't have been married in the first place.
Some men are good at pretending, and there's the love bug. She may stay with him because she thinks he can be 'fixed' but some people no matter how much we love them can't be fixed. She'd be doing herself a favour by walking away. That brings us back to the Societal factor--Pressure. A desperate woman will still marry him anyway cos she's probably thought to herself "If i don't marry him, who knows when next a man will take interest in me". That's why we need women to have more confidence and pride in themselves...and yes 'fix' themselves too.
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by bukatyne(f): 2:37pm On Oct 07, 2013
eddiebruk:

They become so desperate because they failed or are failing to use the chances when they have them, they will tell you they need a submissive husband, but deep down in their heart that is not truly what they want, what they actually want is an already made man. and because of this they get old without being in a steady relationship and thereby become desperate for just any man that comes her way with the fear of living the rest of her life with a Lonely Old congos

What has submission got to do with been 'made'?

You seem to really be mixing up issues

2 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 07, 2013
bukatyne:

Eve as a wife is different from Eve as a woman just how Adam as a husband is different from Adam as a man

Which Eve are you referring to?

Eve the woman.
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by dbride: 2:38pm On Oct 07, 2013
carujmonella:

You've said it all. Women are their own nemesis. They have made marriage their ultimate goal and it's sad. If they have certain goals set out and they pursue that goal, and become successful in life, MEN will troop their way. Nobody hates a GOOD thing

Rather some women will be pursuing marriage instead pursuing career success that will guarantee MEN their way

Not so easy, only if that career success comes with HUMILITY no man will look your way for marriage
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Okijajuju1(m): 2:38pm On Oct 07, 2013
If you 25 years old and you still walkin around talkin bout niggas aint shit you need to get a handle on yo mutha fuckin life and take some responsibility bitch. What you mean to say is all the niggas you Bleep wit aint shit. You need to figure out what it is about your pussy that keep attractin aint shit niggas. - Katt Williams
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by b03liberty(m): 2:38pm On Oct 07, 2013
carujmonella:

You've said it all. Women are their own nemesis. They have made marriage their ultimate goal and it's sad. If they have certain goals set out and they pursue that goal, and become successful in life, MEN will troop their way. Nobody hates a GOOD thing

Rather some women will be pursuing marriage instead pursuing career success that will guarantee MEN their way
Not totaly agree with you. Everytin has its own time..Intelligent women are more concern of dia home b4 any proffession
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by crackhaus: 2:38pm On Oct 07, 2013
dabrake: LMAO. Who is even looking for a wife? Money over everything oh.

All I need from a woman is to sign a contract with her. She will bear me 2 kids, train them till they are 5 and then I pay her off. I am happy, she is happy, everybody are happy.
Instead of money over everything, it should be your happiness and sanity over everything.

Instead of paying her off, offer her the choice of remaining a loving, loyal, dedicated and trustworthy wife or taking a walk without the kids.

But your head dey there sha!
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by dbride: 2:40pm On Oct 07, 2013
carujmonella:

Not so sure, only if that career success comes with HUMILITY no man will look your way for marriage.
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by bukatyne(f): 2:40pm On Oct 07, 2013
Okija_juju:

The Op made it look like a Man that gets angry and throws things against a wall is not the ideal man for any woman to marry.. Or that a Man that insists that his wife pounds yam for him to eat when she is pregnant is not that Ideal man.. grin

Like seriously?!

The OP just made out all of Our Grandfathers and Great Grandfathers to be Bad Husbands grin

Well well, whatever rocks each persons' boat grin

Some women do not like soft husbands...

We all know that they were not model husbands anyways....

Only few (extremely few) women will pray to marry men like their grandfathers

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by helensharpay(f): 2:40pm On Oct 07, 2013
eddiebruk: Orisirisi topic, now you will see all the Ada beke's and Olosho popping up to commend the OP, like someone said, so many women are single today because of their pride to be submissive to their husbands, Marriage is not a competition of who owns the best things, some are not married but they are happy, and only their Pillows knows how much pains they feel each night. Nobody should quote me sha
thanks nah true talk b dat
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 07, 2013
bukatyne:

What has submission got to do with been 'made'?

You seem to really be mixing up issues

You are the one mixing up issues, in essence what that statement means is that Girls LIE just to get into a favorable relationship and when things doesn't work out the way they planned, they will then label the husband as being too controlling
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by UjSizzle(f): 2:41pm On Oct 07, 2013
eddiebruk:

All i actually need from my lady is that feeling that she is there, sometimes i find her too inquisitive, but then she always knows when and how to present the issues, and that is all i need, not some Nagging women who brings up issues anytime and anywhere they like
You want a wise woman. That's normal. But i think you're all over the place. You are yet to state where you disagree with the OP or if you even understood her post. You have just spent the past few minutes discussing everything she hasn't talked about.

2 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Charles12000: 2:41pm On Oct 07, 2013
which kind vessing be this,abeg take am easy oh.passing sharp sharp with speed
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by bukatyne(f): 2:42pm On Oct 07, 2013
ariseandshine:

Eve the woman.

Then she owes no one nothing.

She is any individual walking the earth just like any random Adam out there.
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by dabrake(m): 2:43pm On Oct 07, 2013
crackhaus:
Instead of money over everything, it should be your happiness and sanity over everything.

Instead of paying her off, offer her the choice of remaining a loving, loyal, dedicated and trustworthy wife or taking a walk without the kids.

But your head dey there sha!

My guy, you dey talk your own oh. Why should I? They come with hell lots of trouble. All the emotional pain arsenal don cause me never do?
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 07, 2013
dbride:

Not so easy, only if that career success comes with HUMILITY no man will look your way for marriage

True that. I love a woman's inner beauty(character of which humility is among). You didn't read my first post on this thread or else you wouldn't have missed the below words of mine

carujmonella:
Most important ladies should fight for is to be successful and men will troop to come marry you. No wise man wants a liability. Men love working class independent ladies that can hold things down on their own, foot their bills while still being a GOOD wife. MOST IMPORTANTLY, Be SUCCESSFUL(be gainfully employed, earning cool cash), have a nice character, don't look down on men that comes your way, dress nicely and men won't be hard to get. It's that simple
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 07, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Some men are good at pretending, and there's the love bug. She may stay with him because she thinks he can be 'fixed' but some people no matter how much we love them can't be fixed. She'd be doing herself a favour by walking away. That brings us back to the Societal factor--Pressure. A desperate woman will still marry him anyway cos she's probably thought to herself "If i don't marry him, who knows when next a man will take interest in me". That's why we need women to have more confidence and pride in themselves...and yes 'fix' themselves too.

So in essence the women should fix themselves first before considering settling down with a man, because 70% of relationship issues are actually started by a woman, a man barely has the time to be doing all these policing and all that, plus a man cannot marry a woman whom he finds fault in while they were dating, only a woman can do that with hopes of him changing, and when he doesnt seems to be she makes it look like an issue and there you have a cause for some serious situation
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by dabrake(m): 2:44pm On Oct 07, 2013
Okija_juju:

Like seriously?!

Hey okija, are you just knowing that?? grin grin grin grin They've been telling us this for over a year now.
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Truckpusher(m): 2:45pm On Oct 07, 2013
All the feminists in Nairaland will have a field day taking jabs at guys that dare to come here and say otherwise grin grin

As for me , i'll just pass with my two hands in my pockets watching frustration take a deep final plunge into oblivion. cheesy

Abeg ,make una no beat me eh, i dey waka pass jeje grin
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Ishilove: 2:45pm On Oct 07, 2013
Akin-David:
just passing
----oooO----
----(----)----
-----\--(--
------\_)-
-----------Oooo ---
-----------(--- -)---
------------)-- /----
------------(_/ - BY
So u have four toes?

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by lekpalicious(f): 2:47pm On Oct 07, 2013
crackhaus:
I can't say anything about the men on this site except myself.

I take it only fake and phony women would disagree with the OP abi, and what is this truth you speak of?
Oh well, what you should know is that there are only a few men, and when I say few, I mean really few men who display such behaviour.
I mean, when I should be busy with my job and my hustle, na to dey stalk my girl with incessant IMs and asking for nude pictures or monitoring her every move, or whatever else the OP tried to convince you people of that will be my problem?

The whole thing does not even make sense because I am yet to have a friend, relative or acquaintance who does any of that.
But I wonder why you sef like the post when it's obvious you are already taken as with all the other ladies here who claim to have the best bf in the world.

I'm going back to my back seat now to observe, thank you for calling me out.
Just because you are taken does it mean we should sit down and fold our hands because what the op has said it's true.

There are many kinds of desperate women(some may have caused their own downfall). The ones who were waiting for the perfect guy(rich, good looking etc unfortunately a lot of them are players) so she may have refused a lot of marriage proposals and now thinks she is running out of time so will just settle with any man.

There ones who stayed in a relationship for many years and ended up ditched and now they feel they are too old and are desperate for any man to marry( I know a girl who dated a guy for 10years and he left her and 6months later got married to someone else). Honestly if a man does not marry you by a certain time, he will never ever marry you.

Thirdly unfortunately some women have bad luck in relationships, always get the wrong guys, so they keep dating but the men never propose so she gets so old that she now is desperate for any man.

There are all kinds of desperate women(it may have been their fault or not why they are unmarried) but they share the same desperation and are willing to settle.

Lastly i think sometimes some women need to be more open minded. Sometimes we are struck on the idea that the man we must marry must be of this tribe or Nationality but if it is not happening and you feel your "clock" is ticking then give other "men" a chance.
For me personally i will rather be unmarried and single and be desperate enough to marry someone who is an abuser/serial cheater. It's not worth it. IMO
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Catchfire1: 2:47pm On Oct 07, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Your fada. angry

I hear someone's biological clock ticking and tocking grin

It will soon turn to alarm kiss
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by naptu2: 2:48pm On Oct 07, 2013
Ishilove:
So u have four toes?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Charles12000: 2:49pm On Oct 07, 2013
bukatyne:

Then she owes no one nothing.

She is any individual walking the earth just like any random Adam out there.
how do you mean

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Reasons Why Men Love To Date Beautiful Women / She Treats Me Like An Option, Maybe I Am. / What If A Girl You Don't Like Loves You And Stalks You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.