Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

A Special Message For Unmarried Women - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Special Message For Unmarried Women (34162 Views)

Why Nigerian Unmarried Women Will Increase In No / 7 Things Unmarried Women Do Not Deserve / Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by lekpalicious(f): 2:49pm On Oct 07, 2013
Truckpusher: All the feminists in Nairaland will have a field day taking jabs at guys that dare to come here and say otherwise grin grin

As for me , i'll just pass with my two hands in my pockets watching frustration take a deep final plunge into oblivion. cheesy

Abeg ,make una no beat me eh, i dey waka pass jeje grin
What has feminism have to do with this? I really do not understand some men really. So if a man beats you and you don't like it FEMINISM. If a man cheats and you don't like it Feminism. Wow

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Joshthefirst(m): 2:51pm On Oct 07, 2013
Ishilove:
So u have four toes?
grin grin grin
Chai

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 07, 2013
bukatyne:

Then she owes no one nothing.

She is any individual walking the earth just like any random Adam out there.

Random Adam?

I laugh in Spanish

May God not give you a Random man.

Say Amen
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 07, 2013
Mz Vox: My fellow unmarried women, it’s not that I have a
vendetta against you; I just want to address some of the things you do,
which I think are supremely silly. Yes, I’m ranting about the unmarried
women today. This post is targeted at, but not limited to desperate
unmarried women.

I know that marriage has always been an important thing for many women,
but the race for it today is becoming so bad, it’s almost diabolic. Yes,
many women are doing all sorts of infernal things to get stay married.
Young woman that wants to get married, pause a bit and ask yourself this
important question: why do I want to get married?

I ask you to do this because your reason for getting married may very
well determine the kind of man you hook up with. If you want to be happy
in your union, you’ll carefully and prayerfully choose a spouse. But if
you want to be married because all your friends are, or because your
family thinks so or because society says your clock is ticking, you may
very well end up making the wrong choice. Such as a man that abuses
you-be it physically, verbally, emotionally or psychologically.
No matter what you say, there are always signs of an abuser, whether
he’s a budding or full-blown practitioner of the punching, verbal or
emotional slicing arts.

When a man makes you stay on a video chat for 24 hours, just so that he
can see where you are at all times, he’s an abuser. Please don’t tell me
that “he’s just a bit jealous” or “you know men are like that”….that’s
not “a bit” of jealousy and not all men are like that!

When a man makes you take pictures of yourself and send it to him 24
hours a day, so he knows where and who you’re with, my sister you’re in
bondage…..only that your master hasn’t paid your purchase price. Any man
that makes you do this, under the guise that his heart has been broken
by the previous women in his life and therefore, you need to earn his
trust, is a confirmed wizard. He needs Jesus and you need a copy of the
Slavery Abolition Act of 1833.

When a man flings objects at you during an argument, throws and breaks
his phone against the wall and says “Look what you made me do,” he will
one day throw you and blame you for it. You’d better run away and from
that far distance, text him the number of a psychiatrist and enrol him
for an anger management course.

When a man tells you that once you get married, because his mother did
it, you too will pound yam for him while you’re nine months pregnant,
wash his car, feed your three children and drop them off at school,
clean the house, do the family laundry, go shopping etc. without help of
any sort, I’ll only say this: are you familiar with the letters R.U.N?

When you’re in a relationship with a man who arbitrarily picks up your
phone, deletes some male contacts, text messages, grills you whenever
you pick a call from a man, logs into your Facebook account and abuses
and warns off all the men who say nice things to you, tells you which
friends to keep and the ones to dismiss, and short of getting you a
bodyguard, monitors your movements in every way possible, I’d like to
inform you that that man is not man who loves you, but a monitirung,
familiar spirit. The earlier you’re delivered from him, the better for
you.

Having said that, I’d like to add that some of this kind of men can
smell desperation and know that there’s little or nothing you can or
would want to do to them.
So my advice to you dear prospective bride, is build your self-esteem,
be proud of who you are, be picky (yes, contrary to popular opinion, you
don’t have to drag the bottom of the barrel), and know that you deserve
a good man. Take your time; because once you make your choice, you’re
stuck with him. Don’t be in haste- for where the hare gets to by
running, the tortoise will arrive there by walking.

#‎IThinkI 'mDoneRantingForToday

You r only being pessimistic and discouraging 2 urself & other unmarried ladies. A marriage that'll crash or b in abuse 'll surely crash or b in abuse. Av u ever heard dat there's no perfect marriage in d world? So why givin urself unnecessary burden of tryng 2 pick a non-abusive partner wch can incidentally jeopardise ur chances of gettin married. Look, there's so surplus of women in d society compare to men.Becos of this, there's no time 4 men to try to kill demselvs over a single lady. Once a lady tries to cajole his man too much, he walks away and picks another lady. I've seen many ladies in thier 40s and 50s now who r regrettin refusin to get married to one man or d other during thier young age. All over d world, marriage is considered 'endurance' and not 'enjoyment'. Why not go into one 2day hoping to manage & endure it while u put ur trust in God instead of suffering urself waiting for a perfect angel. You may regret it later in life if u allow men pass u cos u craving 4 mr. perfect. Just an advice!

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by UjSizzle(f): 2:55pm On Oct 07, 2013
eddiebruk:

So in essence the women should fix themselves first before considering settling down with a man, because 70% of relationship issues are actually started by a woman, a man barely has the time to be doing all these policing and all that, plus a man cannot marry a woman whom he finds fault in while they were dating, only a woman can do that with hopes of him changing, and when he doesnt seems to be she makes it look like an issue and there you have a cause for some serious situation
I'm starting to think you a misogynist undecided

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by hollypagan: 2:55pm On Oct 07, 2013
Red_Card: And Rita Dominic will be feeling proud after reading this write up. I hope Madam Ogugua88 has read it as well. Marriage is a matter of choice......getting a child is all that matters. Now all the old single ladies.......start consoling yourselves and hustle for children.
why callng Rita Dominic on this matter surpose i propose her tommorrow after all i am a good man
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 07, 2013
uj_sizzle:
I'm starting to think you a MISOGYNIST undecided

@Bolded
This is the only thing I have learnt from you Freedom Seeking Spinsters today.
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by wasak(m): 3:02pm On Oct 07, 2013
grin I was passing buy before finally deciding to drop a comment @ okija juju, redbenson ً, truck pusher...I c u guys....
men and women are equal. Yes! a guy has no right to control his wife!!! yes
It is not compulsory she cooks for her husband!!!! yes!
women aren't slaves!!!! yes
......,...........,................................+--+--*******++++++++++++
like I said earlier I was just passing by... wish me safe journey pls!!!!!

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by CleftEvents: 3:06pm On Oct 07, 2013
Some ladies are not ready to work sha,they just want ready made. Am not saying dat u shud accept rubbish but with dis kind of attitude u will remain single and divorce will be on d increase. If U don't want to end up tasting all d guys then note dat Marriage/relationship is all about give and take/compromise. No guy will beat u if u do d right thing(pls am not supporting abusers) just do d right thing and be ready to always give and give at all times.

Also I will beg u to stop spreading dis attitude because its not everybody dat can extract d right message from it,some girls/ladies will only pick d wrong ideas and start sending defiant signals to their partners.

Remember our mothers were able to sustain their relationships/marriage because they were submissive,try it,it doesn't hurt. It will save a lot of proceedings in court due to divorce. We always quote d bible but it seems ladies of dis days skip dat part.

And for d guys out there,wots happening,u guys shud step up,some of u need to change your attitudes towards us. Remember one only accepts defeat by punching and if u know u are too powerful pls try punching men like u. People respect u more because of d way u treat your wife and I have found out dat spiritually u gain more by treating her right because u get an additional person to pray for u,remember d saying dat whoever finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from d LORD. Or would u like it if u find your father beating your mother or another man beating your sister all in d seek of marriage. Give your woman her space if dats wot she wants. Always give and give until she gets tired of receiving believe me if u do dat u will be among d happiest men, a lady's attitude towards u is a reflection of how u treat her.
God Bless.

2 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by bukatyne(f): 3:06pm On Oct 07, 2013
ariseandshine:

Random Adam?

I laugh in Spanish

May God not give you a Random man.

Say Amen

Dude, follow the trail
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Truckpusher(m): 3:06pm On Oct 07, 2013
Unfortunately most of these she-boons typing trash here right now is being ravaged by theses same guys they love to hate but love to get into their inner pockets......what a confused set of people....smh

Has anyone noticed that ladies do say one thing and go for/accept something entirely different and out place when it comes to their bf or husbands

Naturally you ladies will complain and yell like hell ,but as soon as the guy shows up with plenty good attitude ,gifts ,probably some crocodile tears you'll be all over the unrepentant he-goat and the next thing he does is to plunge his pipe into those hollow cylinders with no alignment and the rest is history.......give him three months he goes back to status quo...smh.

95% of ladies are like this and will remain this way because the society,the govt and the culture of masculine highhandedness is simply tolerated by all and sundry irrespective of who ends up as a victim.
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 07, 2013
uj_sizzle:
You want a wise woman. That's normal. But i think you're all over the place. You are yet to state where you disagree with the OP or if you even understood her post. You have just spent the past few minutes discussing everything she hasn't talked about.

Okay now let me get my points across to you

1. the OP said and i quote "" When a man makes you stay on a video chat for 24 hours, just so that he can see where you are at all times, he’s an abuser"" This is not true, we all know that this actually is what a female partner is capable of doing, there is no normal working class man that would be so jobless as to do things like this, and also if a man does this while you guys are still dating then you should be wise enough to call it a quit before marriage thereby averting the ABUSE as the OP labelled it.

2. She also made mention of ""When a man makes you take pictures of yourself and send it to him 24 hours a day, so he knows where and who you’re with, my sister you’re in bondage"" This also is done by ladies mostly, but yes some guys still do things like this but the chances are very slim, and i can tell you that i dont even have time for that, because i am the kind of person that can get any information about my gf's were-about without even calling her phone, both parties should be transparent, if you are not doing anything bad why is this a big deal for you to do....?

3. And also she said ""When a man flings objects at you during an argument, throws and breaks his phone against the wall and says “Look what you made me do,” he will one day throw you and blame you for it. You’d better run away and from that far distance"" I have a friend who is in 9ja, Last year December he bought his 6th Blackberry because his GF was an example of this, she slams his phone on the concrete whenever she sees his conversation with a female, and he doesnt do anything about it, this is not something in general with men, it is ones personal altitude and a woman is supposed to know that her man has such temper ans so should learn how to handle issues with him if she wants to consider him as her husband for life.

4. When a man tells you that once you get married, because his mother did it, you too will pound yam for him while you’re nine months pregnant, wash his car, feed your three children and drop them off at school, clean the house, do the family laundry, go shopping etc.

I will say it is very obvious that as a woman if such thing is happening to you, then you didnt start well with the man, every lady and her man are supposed to know what they are capable of doing at any particular time, as for me, i do not even wait for any lady to prepare me food before i eat, i can pretty much vacuum my house by myself and make my bed, i can even remember making breakfast sometimes before she wakes up from bed, so it is how you start that determines what happens when you are married, but nowadays so many ladies do not set these Standards, all they want is a man with a comfortable home where they can just relax and enjoy the rest of their life, without setting these standards, and when things doesnt go the way they want, they will label the man as being an Abusive husband. ask yourself, how many men are ABUSIVE out there and how have you handled the few you have come across...?
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by crackhaus: 3:07pm On Oct 07, 2013
lekpalicious:
[s]For me personally i will rather be unmarried and single than be desperate enough to marry someone who is an abuser/serial cheater. It's not worth it. IMO
[/s]
I know you don't mean this.
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by bukatyne(f): 3:07pm On Oct 07, 2013
Cleft Events: Some ladies are not ready to work sha,they just want ready made. Am not saying dat u shud accept rubbish but with dis kind of attitude u will remain single and divorce will be on d increase. If U don't want to end up tasting all d guys then note dat Marriage/relationship is all about give and take/compromise. No guy will beat u if u do d right thing(pls am not supporting abusers) just do d right thing and be ready to always give and give at all times.

Also I will beg u to stop spreading dis attitude because its not everybody dat can extract d right message from it,some girls/ladies will only pick d wrong ideas and start sending defiant signals to their partners.

Remember our mothers were able to sustain their relationships/marriage because they were submissive,try it,it doesn't hurt. It will save a lot of proceedings in court due to divorce. We always quote d bible but it seems ladies of dis days skip dat part.

And for d guys out there,wots happening,u guys shud step up,some of u need to change your attitudes towards us. Remember one only accepts defeat by punching and if u know u are too powerful pls try punching men like u. People respect u more because of d way u treat your wife and I have found out dat spiritually u gain more by treating her right because u get an additional person to pray for u,remember d saying dat whoever finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from d LORD. Or would u like it if u find your father beating your mother or another man beating your sister all in d seek of marriage. Give your woman her space if dats wot she wants. Always give and give until she gets tired of receiving believe me if u do dat u will be among d happiest men, a lady's attitude towards u is a reflection of how u treat her.
God Bless.

Are you sure you read the OP at all?

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by princeonx: 3:09pm On Oct 07, 2013
Okija_juju:

Well...

Point is I'm tired of all these women always trying to define what the ideal man is as if their fake hair and make-up wearing asses are ideal...

Women:: If you know that you wanna get married, then you better go out there and hunt down the man for you and marry him.. There is no right or wrong in things like this. What worked for the OP will/may not work for you. The Ideal man for Adaobi will/may not be the ideal man for Ogugua.. Stop listening to all these women who think they got men/relationships all figured out..

!

Lol! More like

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by demelza: 3:11pm On Oct 07, 2013
ariseandshine:

@Bolded
You have been throwing the word spinster as if its a bad thing. Whats wrong in wanting freedom?
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Policewoman(f): 3:11pm On Oct 07, 2013
Any advise for us the married ones? cool
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by pinkshell(f): 3:12pm On Oct 07, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
Society isn't makin easier for single ladies.

Wen u are rich n unmarried dey term it as pride.

Society az made it seem lik addin a 'MRS' to ur name is wat makes life fulfilling.

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Aklofs: 3:12pm On Oct 07, 2013
Roseey0: They all know,but can't help it, they say they are in love and love is blind.
I only pray for them.
Is d@ y u paint ur whole face in ur DP?
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 07, 2013
Policewoman: Any advise for us the married ones? cool

If your marriage is loving and successful, then you should be the one giving advice. We're discussing unmarried women after all.

2 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by dabrake(m): 3:15pm On Oct 07, 2013
Cleft Events: Some ladies are not ready to work sha,they just want ready made. Am not saying dat u shud accept rubbish but with dis kind of attitude u will remain single and divorce will be on d increase. If U don't want to end up tasting all d guys then note dat Marriage/relationship is all about give and take/compromise. No guy will beat u if u do d right thing(pls am not supporting abusers) just do d right thing and be ready to always give and give at all times.

God Bless.

Alright, 1 like from me. I agree with this post especially the highlighted part. Guys wey go soon marry, read this post again and again and again.
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Truckpusher(m): 3:15pm On Oct 07, 2013
lekpalicious: What has feminism have to do with this? I really do not understand some men really. So if a man beats you and you don't like it FEMINISM. If a man cheats and you don't like it Feminism. Wow
That comment was simply a relative one and should not be taken out of contest by your overzealous self jare.......abi i call your name join am ni? undecided tongue cheesy
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Rogo: 3:17pm On Oct 07, 2013
Remember we are African not American. U cant change the Nigeria man with these statement
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 07, 2013
pinkshell: [color=#000099][/color]
Society isn't makin easier for single ladies.

Wen u are rich n unmarried dey term it as pride.

Society az made it seem lik addin a 'MRS' to ur name is wat makes life fulfilling.

As your papa name sweet you to answer am continue, it is when they call for Family reunion and people are contributing that is when you will shed tears when someone from the crowd ask you to shut up and go and marry

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by lekpalicious(f): 3:19pm On Oct 07, 2013
Lmao at some of the comments. This has nothing to do with whether a woman should cook or be submissive etc. When you get married and you love your spouse you will do everything to make them happy. Cooking etc is not the problem here. The problem is the desperation of unmarried women.

I think probably only women will understand this as we have seen this happen a lot and the outcome. Why get into a marriage that will make you unhappy? perhaps divorced or even dead. Makes no sense to me.

It seems the men who do all of the above are taking offense to this topic because i really do not see what the whole bruhaha is about.

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 07, 2013
@tjololade:
So is not true what the Bible said?... Im asking

I don't think the Bible intends for any woman to remain married when her husband is subjecting her to physical abuse and/or cheating.

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 07, 2013
demelza: You have been throwing the word spinster as if its a bad thing. Whats wrong in wanting freedom?

Why should you be a spinster at 30 years when over 10 guys have shown interest?
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by lekpalicious(f): 3:20pm On Oct 07, 2013
Truckpusher: That comment was simply a relative one and should not be taken out of contest by your overzealous self jare.......abi i call your name join am ni? undecided tongue cheesy
Lmao no vex
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by UjSizzle(f): 3:23pm On Oct 07, 2013
ariseandshine:

@Bolded
Oh good. Let me teach you the American pronounciation too:
mi-saw-ji-nist

British
mai-so-gi-nist

Can't use the normal consonant and vowel sounds grin

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by dabrake(m): 3:24pm On Oct 07, 2013
ariseandshine:

**DIES**

I need spinsters. You know, you give me kids, nurture them thill they are grown and then I pay you off.
#GodBlessTheSpinsters
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by demelza: 3:24pm On Oct 07, 2013
ariseandshine:

What if those 10 guys exhibit traits mentioned by the Op? And who says you must be married before 30?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

She Treats Me Like An Option, Maybe I Am. / What If A Girl You Don't Like Loves You And Stalks You? / Edet Okon Asim Impregnates 15-Year-Old Girl, In Abortion Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.