Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,532 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

First love. - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / First love. (34678 Views)

YOUR FIRST LOVE: How Long Did You Date And What Caused The Breakup? / Must Your First Love Be Your True Love ? / To Marry Your First Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First love. by Hoii(m): 9:11pm On Nov 15, 2013
Mr wasak, did u actually do all that? Which kind luv b dat na? U sure u were nt jazzed? I hop u finaly got dis 'golden funke' o
Re: First love. by Olodapsing(m): 7:57am On Nov 16, 2013
wasak juz run 4 yr life wen u c me, bcoz I can kill u for doing all diz.. haha
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 10:26am On Nov 16, 2013
continues

I walked in a running manner to the bus park where I was almost sure Mt and Ykay would be. Many students were queuing for bus; I concluded my friends would be among the queue since they left the lecture hall not quite long ago. I walked to and front the queue rotating my eyes in all directions searching for any of them, this movement of mine purchased me suspicious eyes who probably felt I was up to something mischievous. When it seemed as if my search was futile and the eyes I bought were becoming too much a burden for me to bear, I chose to do the expedient.

Stooping so low to beg from strangers wasn’t any option for me, so despite the crowd of students at the bus park, I couldn’t approach anyone with my self-inflicted predicament. The distance of the park to the exit gate was just over a kilometer, and I made up my mind to trek as far as my legs could go. I brought out my ear piece from my thigh-pocket, actually the ear piece was the only property in my pocket aside my phone, I didn’t have a note for that particular lecture , since I just went there for fun, quite surprisingly I had an ‘A’ in the course. I started playing my favourite song ‘Angel of my life’ by Paul play’

So did I set out for my adventure under the scorching sun which communicated with my skin in a merciless manner. After trekking for about 1 hour 45 minute, I was drenched in my own perspiration, I found myself at the back gate of my campus, and luckily for me our hostels were located close to the gate. A sudden joy came over me which gave me a sprinting energy to complete my adventure. On getting to my room, I met my roommates arguing about the lectures they had, it was only then I remembered I had missed another lecture; I walked in silently and collapsed on my bed in fatigue.

Hardly had I settled on my bed when I heard familiar voices, laughing crazily and walking towards our room which was the last on the floor. Mt, Ykay and Id walked in, they were with their bags which meant they were just returning from lectures. I tried to feign sleeping in order to chase them away for I was too tired to start enduring their lousiness.
‘ idi.ot y where u go wey we no c u again?’ Mt asked
‘Guy I beg I wan sleep …later ‘I said turning to the other side of the bed
‘wetin happen na? We wait for u for new site we no c, na Raf use im ride carry us come back self’ Ykay added

At this, I narrated my ordeal to them, how I had left the theatre to call Funke and my search for them. They patiently listened until I got to the part where I trekked back to school. They all busted out in laughter, even my dumb roommates were not left out!!!!

to be continued soon
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 2:15pm On Nov 16, 2013
Olodapsing: wasak juz run 4 yr life wen u c me, bcoz I can kill u for doing all diz.. haha
please temper justice with mercy!!!
Re: First love. by Ghozye(f): 4:48pm On Nov 16, 2013
Z ds luv or obsession undecided

1 Like

Re: First love. by wasak(m): 6:08pm On Nov 16, 2013
continues

After the visit of my friends, I sat down and regurgitated my life, I played the past few months with Funke before me and watched it like a tape. I wondered about the pain love has caused me, I thought about Christina Milan and her film ‘love don’t cost a thing’. ‘Why did she deceive me that love costs nothing? I’ve spent time, money, and energy, to what end?’ ‘What exactly is love? I asked myself rhetorically.
I remembered the saying of my dad that excess of everything can be intoxicating, his sating was reflected in my thoughts that afternoon. The excess love I had for Funke was the root of my madness, at the same time; the excess hunger of that afternoon accorded me the opportunity to reflect on my madness which has never stared me in the face since its inception.
Despite my deep reflection which almost caused a revolution against the regime of Funke’s love in my heart, I found myself missing her even more. I lay helplessly on my bed thinking about Funke praying silently that sleep would overcome me and save me from further torture from hunger. My prayers never came true and I had no choice but to endure.
Around 5 pm when it seemed as if I would die of hunger, I rose from my bed to pay a visit to my aboki, I drank two cups of water to add a little weight to my empty stomach while I heard near silent voice in my mind ‘thank God water is free’
I had intended to bail myself out of hunger by getting a few cups of Garri from my friend, but I found myself doing something else. Obviously the need to hear Funke’s voice was more pressing than the need for food. I dialed her number once again, immediately she picked I apologized for not calling earlier. We started chatting as usual, me expressing my love for her; even hunger had to pause to listen to the purgation of emotion.
‘I never believed love exists until this moment I’m spending with u, I wouldn’t still believe love exists, but for the fact that all parts of my body could testify. If my heart could speak it’d tell you that the only source of happiness for me is the sound of Ur voice. I haven’t tasted anything but water today, yet I have I’ve recharged 200 naira on my phone to call u alone.’ I said in an emotion-filled voice’
‘are u serious?’ you’ve not eaten today,y?’ she interrupted me with an expression of shock.
‘For the past 3 days, my pocket has been empty’ I replied.
‘Then how are u getting card to call me? She asked
‘Indifference will always find an excuse, love will always find a way sweetheart’
‘I have to go now, I’ll call u later’ she finally said
‘ok I love you beyond words, bye’
‘Bye’ she hanged up.
Few minutes after she hanged up, a text message entered my phone, and it boldly appeared on the screen ‘message from unbeatable love’…Funke had never sent an sms, ‘what could this be?’ I wondered before reading !!!

to be continued soon
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 6:11pm On Nov 16, 2013
dear readers don't forget to drop ur comments. they are highly welcome as they'll help me improve. Thanks!
Re: First love. by Ghozye(f): 7:07pm On Nov 16, 2013
U've nt eatn,bt u cld get #200 worth of airtym 2 cal sm1 hu dozn't feel d same way 4 u. Hmmm,whn u get ulcer,na sorry she go tel u n nt evn wiv her own airtym.

1 Like

Re: First love. by NikKYLuv1(f): 7:08pm On Nov 16, 2013
Nice one dear

1 Like

Re: First love. by wasak(m): 7:18pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ghozye: U've nt eatn,bt u cld get #200 worth of airtym 2 cal sm1 hu dozn't feel d same way 4 u. Hmmm,whn u get ulcer,na sorry she go tel u n nt evn wiv her own airtym.
Lol.... whenever I think about those days I just can't help laughing @ myself!

1 Like

Re: First love. by wasak(m): 7:20pm On Nov 16, 2013
NikKY Luv: Nice one dear
Thank You ma!
Re: First love. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 16, 2013
Your story just made me remember soundsultan's song,NATURAL SOMETHING.

1 Like

Re: First love. by SeyiJayden(m): 8:40pm On Nov 16, 2013
zealot4me: Wasak? commandosa?
what?
Re: First love. by ayili: 9:13pm On Nov 16, 2013
wasak: dear readers don't forget to drop ur comments. they are highly welcome as they'll help me improve. Thanks!
when you write out the content of her text then i will comment

1 Like

Re: First love. by Kingblingz(m): 9:17pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ivyluvie2: Your story just made me remember soundsultan's song,NATURAL SOMETHING.
This wan don pass natural something na SPIRITUAL something be this

5 Likes

Re: First love. by Udeme288(m): 9:36pm On Nov 16, 2013
This wan no be love o....think of another description
Re: First love. by Kingblingz(m): 10:48pm On Nov 16, 2013
Udeme288: This wan no be love o....think of another description
Him dey under Spell
Re: First love. by efjay: 3:36pm On Nov 17, 2013
What a 9ce write up, I'm enjoyn ur story mr wasak.Bt u try o,doin all dis because of a girl dat doesn't even feel u?Well, wen love comes pple do tins dey are not xpected to do.Pls update fast o,I'm eager to know the contents of dat message.
Re: First love. by babysmart(f): 10:29pm On Nov 17, 2013
rily laffin my ass out ere....i can read dis story ova nd ova again....u doin a grt job trust me....nd u ve rily got us all hooked up wit dis suspense of a tin....,
Re: First love. by babysmart(f): 10:34pm On Nov 17, 2013
am dyin to knw wat d msg was about..hope it was nyc...if nt i am goin to find dat funke myself nd lock her up
Re: First love. by Nobody: 8:55am On Nov 18, 2013
U dey fall my hand oo....
Re: First love. by WorldGreatest1(m): 9:33am On Nov 18, 2013
Good job @ wasak. Ur updates arent regular. You can make it once or twice a day depending on how u want it. Just lets us be sure of the time u release an update. Chistar does his every 6:00pm. And also ur updates are way too short. I read it under 1 minute. You have got a good story just keep it up. I know it isnt easy to join words together to make a good stuff. I am also a writer but not on NL, so I understand the stress involved.

#waiting for the next lengthy update
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 9:50am On Nov 18, 2013
World Greatest1: Good job @ wasak. Ur updates arent regular. You can make it once or twice a day depending on how u want it. Just lets us be sure of the time u release an update. Chistar does his every 6:00pm. And also ur updates are way too short. I read it under 1 minute. You have got a good story just keep it up. I know it isnt easy to join words together to make a good stuff. I am also a writer but not on NL, so I understand the stress involved.

#waiting for the next lengthy update

noted bro! I started with shorter updates, when I complaints about d short updates came, I tried to increase d length. as for my. inability to update regularly it is due to epileptic power supply, although I'm a busy person,I don't mind skipping my sleep to update the story I really appreciate ur comment and I sincerely apologize for my shortcomings. Thanks
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 9:51am On Nov 18, 2013
Snowangel4: U dey fall my hand oo....
my sister make u no vex o! I go update soon
Re: First love. by wasak(m): 12:42pm On Nov 18, 2013
continues

I repeated the words contained in the text as many times as possible as if to be sure I truly understood its contents. I must have stood for over 10 minutes trying to decipher the contents of the message, for it was only when I turned around that I got to know that all my roommates were back and in the room and one of them was talking to me. I didn’t bother replying them, in a flash, I disappeared out of the room to Mt’s room, whatever made me did that was and is beyond me even till this moment. I was literally jumping the stairs due to the fact that, the joy in me didn’t permit me to run. I continued my high jump when I got to Mt’s block, I must have been on the 2nd floor when I tried to jump, one too many. I jumped probably farther than the stairs, I was probably heading for the sky, unknown to me that there were so many hurdles above, I hit my head on decking above the stairs, and I found myself back on the ground. I was trying to rise to my feet, when a sudden darkness came over me….

‘I’ll always be there for u, I love u, gudnyt’ I was repeating those words when I opened my eyes and found myself on my bed. I sat up and found Mt, Ykay and Id in the room ‘wetin carry una come here?’ I asked but got no reply. I searched for my phone but couldn’t find it, I asked who took my phone, yet my friends remained dumb. It became clear to me that something was wrong, ‘make una talk na’ I was becoming worried. Ykay broke the silence as he went on to narrate how some students walking down the stairs had found me laying unconscious on the stair case, how they rushed me outside the block and poured water on me before I opened my eyes, he went further to narrate how he and Mt had joined the crowd and found out I was the one, they brought me back to the hostel and stripped off my clothes leaving only my boxers.

‘guy u dey mad o’ Mt interrupted Ykay obviously angry, ‘y u wan kill yourself because of one girl?’
‘abeg u cook?’ I asked him trying to change the topic even though I was truly hungry as my stomach had only water since morning.
‘loverboy take ur phone, so hungry dey worry u now, when u don almost kill ursef, make we go my room go chop’
‘na u sure pass’I said rising up to my feet.
Id who had been silent all through the discussion, as we were walking out to Mt’s room, he broke his own silence in the following words;
‘if u kill yourself because of one woman, thousands go waka spit on top ur grave’.

After eating, i got back to my room and resumed my madness. the text message was still having its effect on me. I dialed Funke's number but it didn't go through. As such i set out to write her a poem :MY MADNESS FOR YOU ', for despite what happened to me on that night. it was obvious the fire of love burning in me was inextinguishable no matter the flood...for it was an immortal one ...

to be continued soon

1 Like

Re: First love. by honorbule(m): 1:55pm On Nov 18, 2013
Mhen....don't even no what to write...mayb I shld praise u for the lovely story or I shld cos u for the stupid tins u did for love...cos d kin anga wey dey boil for mi body nao ehn...
Re: First love. by Smartiegurl(f): 2:15pm On Nov 18, 2013
Wow! Still following dear and is getting more intriguing every moment. Well done
Re: First love. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 18, 2013
angryHmmmmmm....i wish to fall inlove someday >:
Re: First love. by cheesome(m): 7:10pm On Nov 18, 2013
nice write up i must say
Re: First love. by kemiola89(f): 12:24am On Nov 19, 2013
I don't want to believe this is 'LOVE' oo, if so i better not fall. Haba! To me this aren't no love but pure 'madness'. Lol!

Sorry i had to use the word "madness" na so the thing take pain me reach.

Wow! Quite a wonderful story you've got up there, keep it up. Tho' there's something about your last update... I feel you added some spice to make the story more enthralling, (just my thought, i might be wrong tho') even at that you deserve a kudos for a job well done.
Re: First love. by WorldGreatest1(m): 9:09am On Nov 19, 2013
wasak:

noted bro! I started with shorter updates, when I complaints about d short updates came, I tried to increase d length. as for my. inability to update regularly it is due to epileptic power supply, although I'm a busy person,I don't mind skipping my sleep to update the story I really appreciate ur comment and I sincerely apologize for my shortcomings. Thanks
No p bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Most Beautiful Ladies In The World / Describe Your Type Of Man: Nigerian Ladies React (Video) / Guys How Do You Respond To What Do You Want From Me ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.