Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,875 members, 7,813,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (380) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454111 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iluvmybishop: 11:43am On Jul 25, 2014
Well I was in south Africa around march and I came back in April......well their visa is not bad too......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iluvmybishop: 11:49am On Jul 25, 2014
Anyway how nija visa looks is d least of our millions of problems embarassedGod bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by LoveDecay(m): 11:51am On Jul 25, 2014
juntod:

Sorry to say: This is so wrong bro. Religion should not be emphasized as the main reason for choosing a particular school.

You did not just say that , did u ! i never said religion should be her main reason but, it should be amongst the reason's cos it's obvious not so, and like the other poster said, acceptance rate to christian schools is way to high, don't know about that. All the universities i see here have pretty high acceptance rates - have not heard of any, MSU, GeorgeWash, or UCLA's - eastern michigan - a public school which keeps popping up has an ass whopping 70% acceptance rates and over 70K student, and students still get visa's approved - so acceptance rates is not a factor - it's PROGRAM FIT . shocked

About the atheist thing, the logic is flawed - wont make sense to send an atheist to interview people who are 99% christain/muslim , and going by your argument - which states if he was an atheist (meaning he would not be comfortable with giving a devout christian/muslim a visa).

During my visa interview , v.o asked why my school - and the first thing that came out of my mouth was i had chosen CUA based on three criteria of which the first was religion - the v.o nodded in approval. Suffice to say i got admission for my MA. at 2 university and i chose the christian school because i prefer it, i aint gon lie ! cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iluvmybishop: 11:56am On Jul 25, 2014
LoveDecay:

You did not just say that , did u ! i never said religion should be her main reason but, it should be amongst the reason's cos it's obvious not so, and like the other poster said, acceptance rate to christian schools is way to high, don't know about that.

About the atheist thing, the logic is flawed - wont make sense to send an atheist to interview people who are 99% christain/muslim , and going by your argument - which states if he was an atheist (meaning he would not be comfortable with giving a devout christian/muslim a visa).

During my visa interview , v.o asked why my school - and the first thing that came out of my mouth was i had chosen CUA based on three criteria of which the first was religion - the v.o nodded in approval. Suffice to say i got admission for my MA. at 2 university and i chose the christian school because i prefer it, i aint gon lie ! cool

definitely bro but wot works for u might not work for another.....but which ever way and wot ever bin said,just make sure it sounds convincing to d Vo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 12:03pm On Jul 25, 2014
Amefrica:

I have to totally concur! cheesy I'd prefer the word 'sexy'

Chinese visa is not looking bad either grin ilu Awon chinko cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 12:04pm On Jul 25, 2014
LoveDecay:

You did not just say that , did u ! i never said religion should be her main reason but, it should be amongst the reason's cos it's obvious not so, and like the other poster said, acceptance rate to christian schools is way to high, don't know about that.

As for the Bolded above, you clearly stated that she should start by quoting the obvious. Isn't that the same as main reason? See your quote below.

LoveDecay:
a little search revealed faulkner is a christian school, why dont u start by stating the obvious cos thats whats on the v.o mind christians frm christian backgrounds going to christians schools cos thier christians - so u start , am i christian and i want to go to faulkner cos i feel more comfortable and will adapt faster amongst christian..

As per the one below, why can't atheists conduct interviews if christians/muslims are allowed to interview atheists? nobody gives a f.uck about your religion when it comes to job offer. It is even a crime to ask an applicant his/her religion or race. When writing an American resume (CV), you do not put religion. Check any application form in America if you will find religion.

LoveDecay:

As for the below, I never said anything about acceptance rate. Quote the other poster not me.

LoveDecay:
and like the other poster said, acceptance rate to christian schools is way to high, don't know about that. All the universities i see here have pretty high acceptance rates - have not heard of any, MSU, GeorgeWash, or UCLA's - eastern michigan - a public school which keeps popping up has an Bottom whopping 70% acceptance rates and over 70K student, and students still get visa's approved - so acceptance rates is not a factor - it's PROGRAM FIT . shocked

Note: The fact that you had a patient VO doesn't mean others will be so lucky. The first point should be academic reasons and if the VO doesn't cut you short by then, you can give other reasons.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 12:07pm On Jul 25, 2014
juntod:
As for the Bolded above, you clearly stated that she should start by quoting the obvious. Isn't that the same as main reason? See your quote below.
As per the one below, why can't atheists conduct interviews if christians/muslims are allowed to interview atheists? nobody gives a f.uck about your religion when it comes to job offer. It is even a crime to ask an applicant his/her religion or race. When writing an American resume (CV), you do not put religion. Check any application form in America if you will find religion.
Note: The fact that you had a patient VO doesn't mean others will be so lucky. The first point should be academic reasons and if the VO doesn't cut you short by then, you can give other reasons.

So true!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bbdd: 12:18pm On Jul 25, 2014
LoveDecay:

You did not just say that , did u ! i never said religion should be her main reason but, it should be amongst the reason's cos it's obvious not so, and like the other poster said, acceptance rate to christian schools is way to high, don't know about that. All the universities i see here have pretty high acceptance rates - have not heard of any, MSU, GeorgeWash, or UCLA's - eastern michigan - a public school which keeps popping up has an ass whopping 70% acceptance rates and over 70K student, and students still get visa's approved - so acceptance rates is not a factor - it's PROGRAM FIT . shocked

Americans don't ask for religious orientation when dispatching civil servants.
You think its nigeria that religion is everything?
I can bet that some VOs are atheist. The argument is pointless it's like saying only Muslim Americans will be sent to Saudi embassy
It's just for her own good. You never know.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 25, 2014
honeyad:

Chinese visa is not looking bad either grin ilu Awon chinko cheesy

Hahahaha! Their VISA don't last ..remember chinko stuffs don't last! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 12:22pm On Jul 25, 2014
Amefrica:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by anselmvictor(m): 12:23pm On Jul 25, 2014
Yea, but not I am going to train him. My company really needs me in the US office to share knowledge with him and ensure he fully understands the HSE policies, procedures and processes within the group.
Honestly I have read and heard about visa denials but didnt just expect mine. I had all documents to prove my case but the VO didn't ask to see any of them.

So sorry bro. But everything about your transcript was wrong.
A newly appointed HSE officer wants you to go and train him abroad? No na
All hope is not lost. We can still work on this. [/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by LoveDecay(m): 12:34pm On Jul 25, 2014
juntod:

As for the below, I never said anything about acceptance rate. Quote the other poster not me.

Slit my wrist's already ..... dude all the v.o i saw were friendly. All the candidates i noticed had issue's, mostly read thier reason's like it was coming out of a book, were rude, like the guy who kept correcting the v.o, or had odd stories - like the guys who said he worked in a nominal dept. (where did that come from !).

If you read my transcript, i had issue's to - i forgot my academic reason had to ask the v.o for a sec to collect myself and i still did not remember my academic reason.

Please note - for the guy who said academic reason is the blah blah , you dont go to school to get a degree only, exposure, social experience, networking - these guys know it .. i read this thread several times and the academic reason was cliche to me and that was the reason i placed it at the bottom of my "3 criteria for choosing cua - 1 was religion 2 was location and 3 was academic .

I did not even cleary or in concise form, tell him my academic reason (i just blurted out - cua emphasis on theory and practical) (was that !)

But by all means , if academic reason is the only point you can think/ the only thing you can gain or experience for going to the U.S for an education by all means tell the v.o.

Glory to Jesus - Honor to Mary !
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feexo: 12:36pm On Jul 25, 2014
Peeps, is that yellow card stuff important?

Lovedecay, Genxris and Steve4ever, congratulations!

Graviton & Amefrica, how preparations now?

Calmdown, where you @ bro? Remember we are traveling together for next two weeks ooo...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 12:38pm On Jul 25, 2014
cool cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 12:41pm On Jul 25, 2014
Feexo: Peeps, is that yellow card stuff important?

Calmdown, where you @ bro? Remember we are traveling together for next two weeks ooo...

We dey push am small small — God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by LoveDecay(m): 12:41pm On Jul 25, 2014

Oboy, which one be yellow card !

Oyinbo no giv me yellow card ooh, na jus white sheet of paper with dhl addy for from and blah blah blah by proxy for back.

Guy, please share what you have.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 25, 2014

Boss mi! Preparations? Slow and steady nii oo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 12:51pm On Jul 25, 2014
LoveDecay:

Oyinbo no giv me yellow card ooh, na jus white sheet of paper with dhl addy for from and blah blah blah by proxy for back.

Dude, calm down. The yellow card has nothing to do with your visa retrieval.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 25, 2014
LoveDecay:

grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 1:07pm On Jul 25, 2014

contact your school if its recommended
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 1:11pm On Jul 25, 2014
LoveDecay:

"3 criteria for choosing cua - 1 was religion 2 was location and 3 was academic .

You have added location as a reason again. That is very misleading. Many people have been denied on that basis. On the day of my interview, the VO asked a lady this question " So, if this particular school wasn't in Houston, are you saying you wouldn't have chosen it?"

We don't advise people here based on our personal experience only. What worked for you may not work for others.

This is the last response you will get from me about this.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 1:12pm On Jul 25, 2014
Naija, my beautiful country — I still love Nigeria nonetheless! grin

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aekmanweb(m): 1:15pm On Jul 25, 2014
domex007:

The next available date for lag is 18th aug.. But you can keep checking the portal, I heard earlier dates pop up especially @ midnight and early morning..
Good luck bro..
I done turn vigilante insurance, stay up frm 1am till 4am refreshing, no early date comes up. Na God go do am sha!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by donpapachi(m): 1:59pm On Jul 25, 2014
Amefrica:

grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 2:14pm On Jul 25, 2014
Amefrica:

Hehehe... Na their visa last pass.. Over 1billion people.. Nobody get your time if your visa even expire sef lol..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 25, 2014
@lovedecay
Please don't peddle nonsensical half truths on this thread.
Many would be students read this thread for info.
Because you got your visa you're suddenly an expert?

Whatever you did worked for you just don't make it seem like the norm so you don't deceive other people.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 25, 2014
ebdib: @lovedecay
Please don't peddle nonsensical half truths on this thread.
Many would be students read this thread for info.
Because you got your visa you're suddenly an expert?

Whatever you did worked for you just don't make it seem like the norm so you don't deceive other people.
hahahahahahahaha
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 25, 2014
honeyad:

Hehehe... Na their visa last pass.. Over 1billion people.. Nobody get your time if your visa even expire sef lol..
Who told you that? That's untrue. They do deport Nigerians but before then, the Nigerians must do youth service. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ferguson1: 2:38pm On Jul 25, 2014
House please how many months statement of account is one expected to go to the embassy with?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ridimic1: 2:39pm On Jul 25, 2014
pls who kn of a good sch that doesnt require gre.....

spring applicants oya ooo smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 2:43pm On Jul 25, 2014
Joenice: Who told you that? That's untrue. They do deport Nigerians but before then, you must do youth service. cheesy

If they are really keen in deporting, They should have deported all the igbo guys selling hot jollof rice at night in guangzhou grin na real youth service o..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 2:45pm On Jul 25, 2014
ridimic1: pls who kn of a good sch that doesnt require gre.....

spring applicants oya ooo smiley

Why u scared of gre? Even if the school doesn't require you to write it.. Some VO would not grant you visa if u cannot present a standardized test to proof you are a real student.. My advice try write the test.. There's enough time for the spring semester

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.