Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,942 members, 7,838,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah (21942 Views)

Jonathan Under Pressure To Sack IGP / Jonathan Under Pressure To Contest In 2015 - Gulak / Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Tukur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by pazienza(m): 12:35pm On Oct 20, 2013
Lordlexyy: This is a national issue that concerns everyone. Attempt by anyone to politicised it by bringing tribal and ethnic dimension to it is absurd. Beside, aviation is such a sensitive issue that mustn't be handled with kid glove. I advise that we haste not into conclusion, that is calling outrightly for her sack, but thorough investigation be launched and anyone found culpable should be prosecuted. Personally i believe Stella has been hard working, but this alleged crime has shown that she has compromise the importance of her duty by accepting bribe from Ncaa top official for their gross incompetence and neglegence which they cover up by setting the minister up with this alleged bribery.

Nigeria is not a nation, had never been, and can never be, Ndiigbo via the stupid Ironsi learnt that lesson the bitter way. Nigeria is a jungle, it's all tribes for themselves, it has always been that way, winner takes it all and the loser looks so small. Don't think anyone is deceived by this absurd and ridiculous attempt to paint naija as a nation, when the yorubas inherited the economy and the govt parastatals of this country with the fall of the east, and the north inherited the political power, none of them remembered it was supposed to be a country, rather they quickly filled up the whole space available with their people.

Don't come here to tell me nonsense, Naija is an orphan, Stella must ride on her to get us our own share of the national cake, there is nothing you hypocrites can do about that.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by pazienza(m): 12:35pm On Oct 20, 2013
Lordlexyy: This is a national issue that concerns everyone. Attempt by anyone to politicised it by bringing tribal and ethnic dimension to it is absurd. Beside, aviation is such a sensitive issue that mustn't be handled with kid glove. I advise that we haste not into conclusion, that is calling outrightly for her sack, but thorough investigation be launched and anyone found culpable should be prosecuted. Personally i believe Stella has been hard working, but this alleged crime has shown that she has compromise the importance of her duty by accepting bribe from Ncaa top official for their gross incompetence and neglegence which they cover up by setting the minister up with this alleged bribery.
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by pazienza(m): 12:38pm On Oct 20, 2013
Lordlexyy: Stella might not have been totally knowledgeable of the plot by Ncaa to cover up their negligence by bribing her. Which ever way, she fell into it and she should be prosecuted.

If only wishes were horses, i don't think just only stella will resign, i think you will also wish GEJ resign, and Enugu international airport closed. If only wishes were horses.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by Italiano1: 12:38pm On Oct 20, 2013
pazienza:

Ok. Can you now post this stupid Ibuchukwu of man interview on punch august 25 2013, where he said that fashola's government is wicked, corrupt and dictorial, or are we still in the business of cherry picking?

What is the correlation between the thrash you posted up there and the subject of this thread? Why are you purposely trying to deflect from the topic of the thread?

If you are incapable of debating without name-calling or bringing up irrelevancies, can you please shut it so that more knowledgeable people can comment

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by EzePromoe: 12:39pm On Oct 20, 2013
berem: Meaning?
You wanted her sacked, as well as the president himself, so that APC can have her wish.
Now you guys stand a chance to re-install FFK as your chosen candidate sad
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by Donjazzy12(m): 12:42pm On Oct 20, 2013
Eze Promoe:
You wanted her sacked, as well as the president himself, so that APC can have her wish.
SABOTEUR OF THE MASSES! Is it FFK that asked her to purchase those vehicles? Please grow up!
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by pazienza(m): 12:46pm On Oct 20, 2013
Italiano1:

What is the correlation between the thrash you posted up there and the subject of this thread? Why are you purposely trying to deflect from the topic of the thread?

If you are incapable of debating without name-calling or bringing up irrelevancies, can you please shut it so that more knowledgeable people can comment

The correlation is that you are a hypocrite, if you aren't you would have opened a thread on other ibuchukwu interviews, but those interviews didn't serve your purpose, so you stayed away from them, you reek of insincerity and hypocrisy.

Of course, Ibuchukwu is silly, if he is not, he would have seen the bigger picture here, he didn't, he deserves two bullet holes on his fore head, group survival is far more important than a silly man messianic tendency, Igboland can do with less people like him, in Nigerian jungle.
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by amobii: 12:52pm On Oct 20, 2013
Well, the last time i heard my president (GEJ) on last month presidential media chat, i lost my hope in leadership and politics in Nigeria.When the president was ask about corruption, his reply was funny and pathetic, he replied "sometimes some people term common stealing as corruption" well please don't quote me here its on youtube, if you want to know more the check you tube. So in a nutshell what do you expect from that type of president and government no check and balance, if opposition asked them question they always take it personal as if nobody should ask any question how are the things being done, some government official have started complaining that Nigeria is broke or FG is broke, when asked again he could not give a figure to counter the question, just talked about the bell he rang at NYSE that he was allowed to ring the bell because something is happening in Nigeria, even Obama confirmed that, Loool. So if you are expecting heaven to fall, about this Minister, i don't think he has that balls.
He needs to be more honest and sincere about his government, well posterity will judge everyone.
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by donphilopus: 1:00pm On Oct 20, 2013
zera:

it is obvious that from your statement you are the one that is clueless............nonesense
I don't want to dignify you with a response, all I will tell you is that you are a Nitwit...
Stewpeed
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by Niseamaka(m): 1:00pm On Oct 20, 2013
pazienza:

Nigeria is not a nation, had never been, and can never be, Ndiigbo via the stupid Ironsi learnt that lesson the bitter way. Nigeria is a jungle, it's all tribes for themselves, it has always been that way, winner takes it all and the loser looks so small. Don't think anyone is deceived by this absurd and ridiculous attempt to paint naija as a nation, when the yorubas inherited the economy and the govt parastatals of this country with the fall of the east, and the north inherited the political power, none of them remembered it was supposed to be a country, rather they quickly filled up the whole space available with their people.

Don't come here to tell me nonsense, Naija is an orphan, Stella must ride on her to get us our own share of the national cake, there is nothing you hypocrites can do about that.

Tell them. If Jonathan can make Onitsha sea port an accomplished reality, I will come down to 9ja and campaign with my own funds for his re-election in 2015.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by JingoOAU(m): 1:01pm On Oct 20, 2013
Some fools here on nairaland doesn't know the difference between a ministry and Agency.

A ministry is under the direct supervision of the minister with the help of the permanent secertary. An Agency is an autonomous organisation set up to proffer solutions to technical issues. Agencies are autonomous of the ministry and the head of the agencies are answerable to the president and not the minister.

Stella Oduah didn't appoint the DG of NCAA because the agency is autnomous to the ministry Stella presided over. The minister of aviation is only charged to supervise and monitor the agencies under the ministry.

The constitution doesn't empower any minister whatsoever to lobby or force the agency under its supervision to dole out some money for its use. NCAA is a self-financing agency with no federal allocations. NCAA only depend on the 5% it get from the tickets airlines sold.

If the minister needs anything whatsoever to aid her performance, she should have face her Ministry instead of cajoling and forcing NCAA to do just dat for her.

And for those useless fools defending the indefensible, I can mention some other ministers who have held or are still holding much more important and life threatening ministries, but no scandal have been traced to them even now or before. Okonjo iweala, Dora Akunyili, Oby Ezekwesili, Barrth Nnaji, etc

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by StOla: 1:01pm On Oct 20, 2013
pazienza:

Just like the yorubas worked against the second term bid of the most corrupt civilian president naija has ever seen, okwa ya? Why wasn't yorubas pushing for his resignation or vote him out? To keep OBJ in Aso rock, these shameless people even sacrificed AD, who do you think you are deceiving?

The Yorubas worked to give OBJ a second term in office against a known Military dictator turned democrat called Buhari. While being very disciplined, Buhari it was, who said the North shouldn't have allowed the South and Christians assume power in Nigeria, as a mission of his own campaign.

Do you expect a right thinking Southerner/Christian to vote for such a candidate whose campaign then was solely on religion and North/South divide even if he was known to be more disciplined than the lot?

The same corrupt civilian President Naija has ever seen, an assertion borne of the Igbo superior mentality, was the one who set up the EFCC and ICPC. He was the one who reinforced the Federal Character principle in Government. He was the one who managed to work with the right human capital to get us a debt relief and had a foreign exchange reserve balance of $60b plus when he left office.

He was the one who sacked every indicted public appointee of his, even ensuring they were prosecuted. He used his office to ensure all the corrupt Senate Presidents were removed constitutionally on explicit cases of corruption - Okadigbo and Wabara.

Obasanjo was not spineless!

Leading to the said 2003 elections, he had the success of the GSM revolutuon - a mere policy without investment from government, as a re-election joker. This same Telecoms revolution today employs millions of Nigerians both directly or indirectly irrespective of tribe or geographical location. It was opportunistic, but it happened in his tenure.
The same OBJ put us in space.

This is but a fraction, but let your Jonathan beat those, then we can reassess OBJ's greatness and anti-corruption record, however opportunistic, in the annals of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by dbride: 1:01pm On Oct 20, 2013
Niseamaka:

Stella is worth over $10 billion. She makes more money from her businesses in the oil sector than she will ever make from the aviation ministry. The vehicles was not bought by her for her personal use. It was bought by NCAA for official uses, meaning the vehicles are properties of the federal government ( aviation ministry ). The prices of the vehicles were inflated by reporters pushing a particular agenda. The real cost of those 2nd hand vehicles are not even up to a million dollars. Past leaders of the country embezzled billions of dollars and some people are making noise here b/c two 2nd hand vehicles were bought for official use.

The wise and intelligent ones amongst us, ndigbo, have read all reports and evidence, etc. and we know for a fact that Stella is dead wrong allowing those cars to be purchased. Please desist from portraying all igbos as insensitive, corrupt, having very low IQ, can do anything and everything just for money and above all half baked. I hope you understand this because majority of us have so far shown here that we are not exposed and lack the ability to hold forth top position with apologies to people like Oby Ezekwesili, Ngo Iweala, Dora Akunyili, late Chinua Achebe who even rejected national award for moral reasons, and so many others.

Ndigbo, lead with a difference and stand vindicated and respected. It is low self esteem that would make a man so clannish even when common sense says NOT THIS TIME!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by LBT: 1:01pm On Oct 20, 2013
donphilopus: Must she wait for the president to sack her??
Which I believe the president will never do.

If after series of criticism against her in the aviation sector, she didn't resign and she was not sacked, i don't believe she would be sacked because of this BMW allegation.

The president himself promotes corruption in this country, if he could grant his Ex boss (former Governor of Bayelsa state) Pardon, it means he would do nothing to Oduah.

They are all bunch of corrupt leaders, the clueless dude must be voted out of Office come 2015
let GEJ sack stella and also put Nigeria economy on the right track or GEJ will never win 2015 even if he is allowed to contest; and to his people always saying their will be blood, its their bloods because people are easily getting tired of GEJ administration which will make people take up alms if his people or supporters do so first, no ethnic group have the monopoly of violence because its going to be an eye for an eye. Most Nigerian are getting tired because the country is broke but GEJ and his accomplices are hiding the fact.
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by emperorchedda(m): 1:03pm On Oct 20, 2013
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 20, 2013
Eze Promoe:
was it Buhari and Tinubu that told her to buy exotic bullet proof cars at inflated price? I don't know why you are blaming this on APC. Yes,she deserves to be giving a fair hearing. If she's found guilty,she she and her accomplices should be sacked! Don't try to support corruption because she is your sister. angry
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by donphilopus: 1:06pm On Oct 20, 2013
LBT: let GEJ sack stella and also put Nigeria economy on the right track or GEJ will never win 2015 even if he is allowed to contest; and to his people always saying their will be blood, its their bloods because people are easily getting tired of GEJ administration which will make people take up alms if his people or supporters do so first, no ethnic group have the monopoly of violence because its going to be an eye for an eye. Most Nigerian are getting tired because the country is broke but GEJ and his accomplices are hiding the fact.
True Talk
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by Italiano1: 1:07pm On Oct 20, 2013
pazienza:

The correlation is that you are a hypocrite, if you aren't you would have opened a thread on other ibuchukwu interviews, but those interviews didn't serve your purpose, so you stayed away from them, you reek of insincerity and hypocrisy.

Of course, Ibuchukwu is silly, if he is not, he would have seen the bigger picture here, he didn't, he deserves two bullet hole on his fore head, group survival is far more important than a silly man messianic tendency, Igboland can do with less people like him, in Nigerian jungle.

Why have you come to these ridiculous conclusions?

I am not the OP on this thread, I merely responded to his post. The newspaper report that he quoted included comments from Mr Ibuchukwu, I quoted his comments to show that not all Ibos are intrinsically corrupt as the evidence on NL is showing. He has categorically asked for this corrupt woman to be arrested and prosecuted- that is a good thing! Of course you will refer to him as silly because he has stated something totally different to your own views- is that the Biafran approach to opposing views?

Now coming to your question on why I didnt "open a thread on his other interviews"

a) I did not open this one, neither have I opened any thread on NL

b) Just because I agree with him now does not automatically mean I will infinitely do so, I never said he is a perfect human being. Unlike your towns and villages, in Yorubaland, independent and critical thinking is encouraged as opposed to the herd mentality that prevails in alaibo.

Like a poster said earlier, Yorubas were instrumental in the removal of Dr Aborishade when he was the Minister of Aviation because he was under performing. Yorubas never supported Obasanjo, we never supported Diya.

If you have a conscience, you will know that Stella Oduah is a very corrupt woman but because she is ibo, you come to NL to defend what is a blatant misappropriation of funds. It would have made a lot of sense to me if all of those defending this woman are direct beneficiaries from her looting operations but the fact is that none of you get a farthing from her but just out of Igbo pride you are defending the indefensible. You go and analyse that instead of following me around.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by Ngwakwe: 1:10pm On Oct 20, 2013
Can you explain what you mean by immoral?

Like subjecting her life to danger like Dora Akunyelu did to her bodyguards who were killed like chickens? Remember what saved Dora was the car and nothing more.

Don't ever form your opinion based on bandwagonism or opposition gossips.

The NCAA/ FAAN has confirmed that the cars were budgeted for and from the so-called documents released, due process were followed.

What again is your question, The Price? Can you remember, the price of 10.2MW for N and one kilometre of road for N1,000,000,000.

The bottom line is, she is being witch-hunted by majority of South Westerners because of their ulterior motives. I have worked in six multi-national companies and some indigenous oil companies in Nigeria and have a first hand knowledge of what the SWerterners do and are still doing till this day.

Afam, don't listen to jargon, just apply wisdom to see the invisible handwriting.

Afam4eva:
These are the questions i've been asking that no one seems to be answering. Granted the cost of those cars seem exorbitant but we have to know for sure that it was not budgeted for just like the millions budgeted everyday for the president's food. There's a difference between morality and criminality. What Oduah has done may be needful immoral but it may be backed up by law.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by igala1(m): 1:13pm On Oct 20, 2013
1oracle:
Voting him out is not the problem but whom do we vote in is the real problem.

Oshiomole, Fashola, Donald Duke, Tambuwal, Sanusi, the list is endless
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by naptu2: 1:13pm On Oct 20, 2013
berem: was it Buhari and Tinubu that told her to buy exotic bullet proof cars at inflated price? I don't know why you are blaming this on APC. Yes,she deserves to be giving a fair hearing. If she's found guilty,she she and her accomplices should be sacked! Don't try to support corruption because she is your sister. angry

+100
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by FreeGlobe(f): 1:15pm On Oct 20, 2013
berem: was it Buhari and Tinubu that told her to buy exotic bullet proof cars at inflated price? I don't know why you are blaming this on APC. Yes,she deserves to be giving a fair hearing. If she's found guilty,she she and her accomplices should be sacked! Don't try to support corruption because she is your sister. angry
how did she inflate the price? did she order the cars herself. what of APC leaders that spent 600 million on SUV's without any murmur? Abeg enter house.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by Afam4eva(m): 1:15pm On Oct 20, 2013
Ngwakwe: Can you explain what you mean by immoral?

Like subjecting her life to danger like Dora Akunyelu did to her bodyguards who were killed like chickens? Remember what saved Dora was the car and nothing more.

Don't ever form your opinion based on bandwagonism or opposition gossips.

The NCAA/ FAAN has confirmed that the cars were budgeted for and from the so-called documents released, due process were followed.

What again is your question, The Price? Can you remember, the price of 10.2MW for N and one kilometre of road for N1,000,000,000.

The bottom line is, she is being witch-hunt by the South Westerners because of their ulterior motives. I have worked in six multi-national companies and some indigenous oil companies in Nigeria and have a first hand knowledge of what the SWerterners do and are still doing till this day.

Afam, don't listen to jargon, just apply wisdom to see the invisible handwriting.

Whether she's being witch-hunted by anyone shouldn't suffice. We should judge this case based on it's merits or demerits. Let her be given a fair hearing and if it's found that she's guilty then she has to pay for it. Though i'm hoping she comes out innocent.
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by naptu2: 1:17pm On Oct 20, 2013
Afam4eva:
Whether she's being witch-hunted by anyone shouldn't suffice. We should judge this case based on it's merits or demerits. Let her be given a fair hearing and if it's found that she's guilty then she has to pay for it. Though i'm hoping she comes out innocent.

+100
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by EzePromoe: 1:17pm On Oct 20, 2013
dbride:

......and are you sad? If so, why; if not, why? Happy sunday, notwithstanding.
Thanks. I'm not sad because I know Stella is going nowhere
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by FreeGlobe(f): 1:18pm On Oct 20, 2013
Tinubu spent 1billon on a days birthday celebration contributed from public coffers without any press.
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 20, 2013
Jingo-OAU:
Some fools here on nairaland doesn't know the difference between a ministry and Agency.

A ministry is under the direct supervision of the minister with the help of the permanent secertary. An Agency is an autonomous organisation set up to proffer solutions to technical issues. Agencies are autonomous of the ministry and the head of the agencies are answerable to the president and not the minister.

Stella Oduah didn't appoint the DG of NCAA because the agency is autnomous to the ministry Stella presided over. The minister of aviation is only charged to supervise and monitor the agencies under the ministry.

The constitution doesn't empower any minister whatsoever to lobby or force the agency under its supervision to dole out some money for its use. NCAA is a self-financing agency with no federal allocations. NCAA only depend on the 5% it get from the tickets airlines sold.

If the minister needs anything whatsoever to aid her performance, she should have face her Ministry instead of cajoling and forcing NCAA to do just dat for her.

And for those useless fools defending the indefensible, I can mention some other ministers who have held or are still holding much more important and life threatening ministries, but no scandal have been traced to them even now or before. Okonjo iweala, Dora Akunyili, Oby Ezekwesili, Barrth Nnaji, etc

May God bless you.
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by Ngwakwe: 1:20pm On Oct 20, 2013
She don't have any question to answer and will not face any stupid inquiry because of smokescreen by the opposition and Haters.

Afam4eva:
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 20, 2013
FreeGlobe: Tinubu spent 1billon on a days birthday celebration contributed from public coffers without any press.

Stella BMW Oduah is working hard to break all records.
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by Italiano1: 1:21pm On Oct 20, 2013
FreeGlobe: Tinubu spent 1billon on a days birthday celebration contributed from public coffers without any press.

Evidence or shut up

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by true2god: 1:21pm On Oct 20, 2013
pazienza:

Awolowo perfectly understood the fact that Nigeria is a jungle where evry tribe try to outplay each other to get undue advantage that y he said 'Nigeria is a mere geographical expression' and not a nation. My yoruba friends perfectly understand the game and my Igbo brothers seem to be late-comers in this tribal game. It is better late than never.

Awolowo, being the finance minister then, embarked on Indigization policy when he fully knew that the pple of the south south and south east cannot participate cos their territory had just been ravaged by war. The reconstruction policy of the Gowon administration led to the massive infrastructral development in Lagos instead of re-building process in the war ravaged east as earlier advocated, courtesy of the real genius Awolowo.

So that evry tribe in Nigeria is canvassing for the benefit of their region. The fact is that the Enugu airport will neva get an intl status under a yoruba minister cos it will surey affect many small businesses in Lagos such as taxi, hotel, warehousing (and even toutings and other informal busineses) which are controlled by yorubas.

So the outcry for the woman's removal is understandable.
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by Afam4eva(m): 1:22pm On Oct 20, 2013
@Ngakwe
Lest i forget, by immoral, i mean that there are actions that are just not right. For intance, if there's a law that the first male child in every family should be killed by the government. It can be termed and immoral act but is not illegal because the constitution gives the government that power. We have always clamored against the astronomical spending on overhead in government ranging from the president's feeding allowances to the allowances of the senators and house of reps members and in as much as these actions are immoral cos a lot of Nigerian are living in squalor while our leaders are living large, they cannot be prosecuted for it cos the constitution gives them that right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

APC Women And Youth For South East Rally At Owerri, Imo State. PICTORIAL. / Mojisola Adeyeye: I Was Shocked When Lawmakers Demanded Bribe, Threatened Me / Supreme Court To Rule On Kano Election January 20. Replaces Ailing Justice Okoro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.