Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,096 members, 7,852,702 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:29 AM

Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah (21964 Views)

Jonathan Under Pressure To Sack IGP / Jonathan Under Pressure To Contest In 2015 - Gulak / Jonathan Under Pressure To Dump Tukur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by Niseamaka(m): 11:28am On Oct 20, 2013
free2ryhme: The revelation of the Aviation Ministers purchase of two armored BMWs is just another symptom of the disease complex that plagues the Nigerian polity. I hear all the attacks on the minister but you do not cure a disease or eradicate a plague by treating the symptoms. The problems with Nigeria has not been truly diagnosed. This $1.6 million scandal does not even amount to a drop in the bucket of problems that plague Nigeria. You can take some pleasure in the fact that the deal is illegal and subject to public outcry.
Before you can deal with the illegal problems in Nigeria you must deal with the institutional problems. For instance why do we even have an Aviation Ministry to begin with? That is a problem and it is legal. We see nothing wrong with it. Why do we have over 30 ministers?
Why do we have a system that makes it legal for the government to make a woman who has not produced anything to become the richest woman in the world with a net worth of $7 BILLION? That is legal and we see nothing wrong with it. She is worth $7 billion dollars yet the indigines of the communities that provided this wealth live and die in squalor. We are silent as a nation and let all this continue, but we wont to cry about a minister purchasing two cars for millions. We are dealing with symptoms and not the disease.

Stella is worth over $10 billion. She makes more money from her businesses in the oil sector than she will ever make from the aviation ministry. The vehicles was not bought by her for her personal use. It was bought by NCAA for official uses, meaning the vehicles are properties of the federal government ( aviation ministry ). The prices of the vehicles were inflated by reporters pushing a particular agenda. The real cost of those 2nd hand vehicles are not even up to a million dollars. Past leaders of the country embezzled billions of dollars and some people are making noise here b/c two 2nd hand vehicles were bought for official use.
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by ketoprofen(m): 11:29am On Oct 20, 2013
obailala:

I am a sane human being hence I cannot support corruption; especially when it directly affects the safety of my life. I am sure you will not take this same stance if 2 of your siblings lost their lives in the Dana air crash. It is not my business if corruption is the surname of Yoruba as u suggest, every tribe in Nigeria is corrupt. The real issue is the corruption and not the tribe, unfortunately, there are a lot of Nigerian breed insane people like you who see tribe as the problem and not corruption.

When crashes were happening under OBJ and FFK, I hope u guys came out in your numbers to sound this emotional?
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by ketoprofen(m): 11:33am On Oct 20, 2013
Niseamaka:

Stella is worth over $10 billion. She makes more money from her businesses in the oil sector than she will ever make from the aviation ministry. The vehicles was not bought by her for her personal use. It was bought by NCAA for official uses, meaning the vehicles are properties of the federal government ( aviation ministry ). The prices of the vehicles were inflated by reporters pushing a particular agenda. The real cost of those 2nd hand vehicles are not even up to a million dollars.

Exactly, they are not even for her private use, the cars are official.
She is gonna leave the cars when she vacates the seat
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 20, 2013
1oracle:
Voting him out is not the problem but whom do we vote in is the real problem.
simply a no nonsense man major general buhari
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by Emperor007: 11:37am On Oct 20, 2013
FreeGlobe: did she misappropriate funds? Did she embezzle funds? were the cars bought in her name? what exactly is her offence?

^^^

Ask them, their real target is to sabotage Enugu International Airport.

Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by dbride: 11:42am On Oct 20, 2013
solomon111: shut up.
What has she done wrong that hasn't be done before or being done in the APC states?
The cars are not even her personal properties.
Whoever becomes aviation minister will use them.

Another depraved mind who wasted some good money on education, he thinks a ministry headed by a particular tribe belongs to that tribe entirely to make or ruin! He so wishes the status quo to remain. Nuisance. No, your type will be 4gotten or will take a valley position when revolution zeros in, bloody or peaceful only God knows!

Does @solomon111 even understand my point? IQ, way too low but one bitter, yet good, experience will upgrade your understanding someday. Nigeria will not remain in this mess 4ever, seeing the height of depravity of minds, cleansing will come gradually or suddenly. Whichever, I pray for it and I am so positive.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by ChimaAdeoye: 11:43am On Oct 20, 2013
I hope GEJ understand it is poison chalice to fire a minister because one tribe is carrying out a media calumny on her. Every igbo minister have come under media mafia who periodically carry out a "must go" campaign on Igbo people in government. The issue isn't necessarily about the aviation minister, it is the ability of the President to do the right thing to protect every group from others that control the press.
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by Jman06(m): 11:43am On Oct 20, 2013
Dino Melaye & sahara reporters again!!?Can't he simply accept his loss?So he had to go and forge some car documents all in an attempt to discredit a performing minister?And our Southwest brothers have not yet forgiven the minister for the sack of the former NCAA boss hence all these calls for her head.Pls let's stop hating because haters don't live long.The cars were even baught for official use not for her private use.And ofcourse the minister has to protect herself b4 she gets killed by haters.
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by papparatzzi2013: 11:45am On Oct 20, 2013
Emperor_007:

^^^

Ask them, their real target is to sabotage Enugu International Airport.

What will be the gain of sabotaging Enugu international airport?

What is the correlation between a corrupt act and Enugu Int'l Airport?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by Emperor007: 11:48am On Oct 20, 2013
smartchoice: tribalist

^^^

Better be serious, huh!

Check all the people asking for the aviation minister's head, doing research that nobody ask them to do ( all from only one region SW ) just to paint her black, for official car bought by the ministry for the ministry, then tell me who's preaching tribalism.

Please shut your trap, if you can't figure that, all they want to achieve is to sabotage Enugu International Airport.

It wouldn't work.

Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by Emperor007: 11:50am On Oct 20, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

What will be the gain of sabotaging Enugu international airport?

What is the correlation between a corrupt act and Enugu Int'l Airport?

^^^

Ask those asking for the woman's head, they would perfectly correlate it for you.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by eaglechild: 12:01pm On Oct 20, 2013
The Yoruba management of associated airline should be sued for manslaughter for flying a plane that is in a questionable state.
The minister should expedite this action.

Jonathan is not sacking Stella.
The earlier you people should get it into your bigoted skulls the better.
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by zera(m): 12:04pm On Oct 20, 2013
donphilopus: What's this one saying??
Your post looks sardonic. Why should I vote for a clueless dude like GEJ?? I dislike him, right??
If you love love him, you can't be here spewing hocus pocus claiming you're supporting him

it is obvious that from your statement you are the one that is clueless............nonesense
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by pazienza(m): 12:05pm On Oct 20, 2013
KenGali:

Shut up!
As if your ilk saw the documents used for the purchase.
Obviously you can not read cause I have provided you a proper quote from suppliers which say $547,000 each excluding tax and logistics .
Better hide your empty head in shame.

The guy needs a brain transplant, his Igbo hatred has clogged his previously slow brain.
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by Italiano1: 12:06pm On Oct 20, 2013
Then some neanderthals will come here and say that the reason why this very corrupt woman is under so much intense pressure is because of Yorubas

Leaders of the Civil Liberties Organisation, Coalition Against Corrupt Leaders and Campaign for Democracy, who spoke to SUNDAY PUNCH in separate interviews, said the minister’s acceptance of the cars, amounted to receiving a bribe to neglect her duty, leading to the loss of lives in plane crashes that had occurred during her tenure.

The Executive Director of CLO, Mr. Ibuchukwu Ezike, described the minister’s action as evidence of the level to which impunity had grown among public officers because of the Federal Government’s inability to fight corruption.

Ezike demanded that Oduah be sacked and prosecuted.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 20, 2013
Stella is going no were, Enugu int'l airport all de way cry
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by eggheaders(m): 12:09pm On Oct 20, 2013
Igboid defending criminals since time immemorial. When the common thief Jim nwobodo stole common generator from national stadium. The senate presidency saga ko talk of thief like nzeribe they still award him with a red cap and a feather to crown it. Smh for this kind of humanoids.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by pazienza(m): 12:11pm On Oct 20, 2013
lt's now becoming obvious that yorubas won't give up on sabotaging Enugu international airport easily. They will fight to finish, Enugu international airport represents a threat to their region.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 20, 2013
Happy sunday.pls pray for yoruba people.they need deliverance from DNA induced tribalism and hatred.
Lila_martedi: Just came to say Happy Sunday cheesy
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by naptu2: 12:12pm On Oct 20, 2013
ketoprofen:

When crashes were happening under OBJ and FFK, I hope u guys came out in your numbers to sound this emotional?

Was there any plane crash during FFK's time as Minister of Aviation?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by Jman06(m): 12:15pm On Oct 20, 2013
kumbalo:
can I say May God manage your life the way GEJ is managing the country. Pls "like" to say amen.
Atleast he's a 100% better than Obasanjo.
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by Emperor007: 12:17pm On Oct 20, 2013
Femolacaster:
Why are you and your kinsmen making noise about your airport? Are u that backward? What has your airport gone to do SW which u are just peddling lies around? Shun sentiments and tribalism and face the real issue.

^^^

Nobody is making noise about airport.

Try to think out of the box a bit, by anticipating what people in Lagos,and entire SW would be going through, if they've been flying via Port Harcourt or Owerri airport till September 2013.

Then, you would ask the nation to apologize to the Eastern region.

Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by StOla: 12:18pm On Oct 20, 2013
ketoprofen:

First of all, no crash/crashes under FFK.

The crashes happened under Prof. Aborishade who was drafted from his crisis plagued tenure at the ministry of education to come head aviation ministry. It got so bad for him after the Bellview and Sosoliso crashes, that all Nigerians called for his removal. Infact Yorubas alluded to his surname Aborishade (he that arrives with orisha/ deity) as the cause of the crashes experienced.

The calls were so widespread and had no ethnic colouration then as it did not involve a hard working Igbo, so Aborishade was removed.

The matter here now is a case of corruption, not about frequent crashes were the culpability of a minister might be argued since they are mere political appointees. A culpability that did not matter when Aborishade was axed as requested by majority Nigerians.

Is this ethnic tone to national matters a pointer of what an Igbo presidency would look like? Would we as Nigerians criticise an Igbo Presidency, without having the clansmen cry out about envy, Yoruba, Hausa, hard working brother, best President in the history of the black race, and all other ethnic laced emotional lamentations? Would the moderate Hutus of this clan not face ostracism by their own, even shot at close range in the forehead with a double barrel gun as tribal leaders have opined on this forum?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by pazienza(m): 12:19pm On Oct 20, 2013
Italiano1: Then some neanderthals will come here and say that the reason why this very corrupt woman is under so much intense is because of Yorubas

Ok. Can you now post this stupid Ibuchukwu of man interview on punch august 25 2013, where he said that fashola's government is wicked, corrupt and dictorial, or are we still in the business of cherry picking?

How come you bigots didnt support the moronic Ibuchukwu when he was beefing your messiah Fashola? *grins*

Enugu international airports stands, Stella stays, haters are going to die.
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by IGBOSON1: 12:20pm On Oct 20, 2013
Wsdm:
What is all these now? Why should we hate anybody if he is doing a good job?

^^^Stop asking stupi/d questions! This is Nigeria the home of tribalism and pull-him-down syndrome, so hating someone that's doing a good job -esp' if they're from a certain part of the country- is par for the course!
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 20, 2013
I wonder how many bowls of amala and gbegiri is being paid to these people from southwest to open thesame threads,duplicate,triplicate,quadruplicate-----,can't even complete it,,all unneccesary threads because of one woman.e dey like that amala dey shark person for head.
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by Lordlexyy: 12:23pm On Oct 20, 2013
Wsdm:
What is all these now? Why should we hate anybody if he is doing a good job?
This is a national issue that concerns everyone. Attempt by anyone to politicised it by bringing tribal and ethnic dimension to it is absurd. Beside, aviation is such a sensitive issue that mustn't be handled with kid glove. I advise that we haste not into conclusion, that is calling outrightly for her sack, but thorough investigation be launched and anyone found culpable should be prosecuted. Personally i believe Stella has been hard working, but this alleged crime has shown that she has compromise the importance of her duty by accepting bribe from Ncaa top official for their gross incompetence and neglegence which they cover up by setting the minister up with this alleged bribery.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by pazienza(m): 12:24pm On Oct 20, 2013
St.Ola:

First of all, no crash/crashes under FFK.

The crashes happened under Prof. Aborishade who was drafted from his crisis plagued tenure at the ministry of education to come head aviation ministry. It got so bad for him after the Bellview and Sosoliso crashes, that all Nigerians called for his removal. Infact Yorubas alluded to his surname Aborishade (he that arrives with orisha/ deity) as the cause of the crashes experienced.

The calls were so widespread and had no ethnic colouration then as it did not involve a hard working Igbo, so Aborishade was removed.

The matter here now is a case of corruption, not about frequent crashes were the culpability of a minister might be argued since they are mere political appointees. A culpability that did not matter when Aborishade was axed as requested by majority Nigerians.

Is this ethnic tone to national matters a pointer of what an Igbo presidency would look like? Would we as Nigerians criticise an Igbo Presidency, without having the clansmen cry out about envy, Yoruba, Hausa, hard working brother, best President in the history of the black race, and all other ethnic laced emotional lamentations? Would the moderate Hutus of this clan not face ostracism by their own, even shot at close range in the forehead with a double barrel gun as tribal leaders have opined on this forum?

Just like the yorubas worked against the second term bid of the most corrupt civilian president naija has ever seen, okwa ya? Why wasn't yorubas pushing for his resignation or vote him out? To keep OBJ in Aso rock, these shameless people even sacrificed AD, who do you think you are deceiving?

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by naptu2: 12:24pm On Oct 20, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Your comment is political correctness per excellence. I laughed really hard.

That the price is inflated is not even in question. And you know this.
That no competitive bidding was done is not contestable. And you this too.
That it was wrong for NCAA, an independent regulatory framework, to have procured this car for Stella Oduah is not arguable. And you know this!!!

How can she be entitled to this car when monetisation policy is running?

Can she, as a minister of federal republic of Nigeria, authorize expenditure to the tune of N255 million without approval by the Federal Executive Council?

Have you not noticed how the narrative of her defence has been changing? First, Joel Obi, her personal assistant, said it was needed for her security becuase of imaginary threats to her life. Then it was meant to be a pool car for foreign dignitaries. and blah blah blah!!!!!

Guy, call for the immediate sack and prosecution of this thief. There is nothing to investigate. The pieces of evidence needed are already in public domain.

Everything you've said are issues that are in contention. Some on this thread have provided evidence that the cost was inflated, while some have provided evidence to the contrary ( you may choose to support one side or the other). The Yar'Adua administration abolished the monetisation policy for ministers (see Kingibe's statement). Everything is being contested.

That's why, in accordance with administrative law, what's required is an open and independent investigation (I do support the call that she should be suspended in the meantime).

I'm sure the members of Alu Community were sure that they had all the facts when they carried out their actions.
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by naptu2: 12:26pm On Oct 20, 2013
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by Boss13: 12:32pm On Oct 20, 2013
At this point, I am afraid to say FFK is right. We have a woman who is more interested in material things like cars, makeup and clothes than serving the public.

I think she should be sacked out rightly without any fair hearing (I know it's harsh) but if this woman is given a fair hearing all we would get to hear is how fair she is on TV.

Our media houses should be ashamed on themselves. There are some many other rot on-going in public ministries. These media houses should go and investigate and stop all this "dem say, dem say - phone switch off kind of news". I have to applaud Sahara reporters, even though many claim they spread lies, at least their investigative arm is functioning.
Re: Jonathan Under-pressure To Sack Stella Oduah by Lordlexyy: 12:33pm On Oct 20, 2013
Stella might not have been totally knowledgeable of the plot by Ncaa to cover up their negligence by bribing her. Which ever way, she fell into it and she should be prosecuted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Osun Monarchs Disassociate Themselves From Endorsing President Jonathan / Sheriff, Metuh To Stop PDP Convention / Red Cross Confirms Role In Chibok Girls Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.