Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,318 members, 7,819,079 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? - Culture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? (34266 Views)

Cushitic People / Cushitic people the most beautiful people on Earth / Ilaje People(the Only Oil Producing Tribe In Yoruba Land):let Us Meet Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Go Down)

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by PAPAAFRICA: 6:28am On Oct 27, 2013
Ajuran: Please give me your theories am Interested. These are my questions. Please try to work together to make sense. I know each of you have your own afrocentric theories.

1. Where are the people from Kingdom of Kush?

2. Who were the people of Kingdom of Kush?

3. Why did they never create another kingdom, and Why did cushitic people create more Kindoms Like Ajuraan, Axum, Abyssinia, Ethiopia?
heard of the christian nubian kingdoms after meroe fell? Oh right, you did! I told you about them already!
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 6:31am On Oct 27, 2013
Ajuran: Seriously am entertaining this. But we all know that Axum burned Kush to the ground. And those people had the same culture. Why a nigerian is discussing this I will never know.

But to say that Cushitic people got their name recently when everyone knows they were called Cush for over a thousand years ago: is just sad.
1. I'm not Nigerian.
2. Again Cushite has no correlations with Kushite. They have two completely different meanings. And I don't care about anything of this bible garbage, its mostly fiction. So don't posting it to me because I don't take it seriously. I actually want historical documentation, not fiction.
3. Yes the name Cushite is a RECENT name GIVEN to Horners. Cushite is JUST a language group and only that. The language group is named after the biblical character Cush, that does not mean Horners are descendant from Cush now does it? Just like how Kushite was a name given to the Nubian by the Hebrews.

You are a confused person.
Ajuran:

Your theory slays itself. All I have to do is ask questions to make you look like a fool.

So who were the people in Kingdom of Kush? And where do Nubians fit in your story? lol

What?? Explain how how slayed my theory which is actually accepted in mainstream academia . Please Elaborate.

The people of Kush were obviously NUBIAN. Stop trolling, me and others already told you thousands of times that the people of Kush are the ancestors of modern Nubians. Again they have not always been called Kushites, they had different names and they lived in that area for a long time and still do. Nile Saharan has always been the dominate language in that area until now(which is Arabic now). Stop claiming.

You're only making yourself look like a fool, which is why many Somalis begged Fulaman to delete all your post. HA!
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 6:37am On Oct 27, 2013
LMAO THE DICTIONARY MUST BE WRONG TOO I GUESS.

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 6:39am On Oct 27, 2013
Ajuran: Please give me your theories am Interested. These are my questions. Please try to work together to make sense. I know each of you have your own afrocentric theories.
Again my [i]Afrocentric [/i]theories are accepted by mainstream people. Can't say the same for yours.

Ajuran:
1. Where are the people from Kingdom of Kush?
Northern Sudan/Upper Egypt. They lived on the Nile valley far longer than any group and that includes AA speakers. Nowhere else. Again they were NILE SAHARAN, but not Nilotic like Dinka people. You probably correlate Nile Saharans with Dinka people or those Nile Saharans from Ethiopia. -__-

Ajuran:
2. Who were the people of Kingdom of Kush?
Nubian and not horner. smiley

Ajuran:
3. Why did they never create another kingdom, and Why did cushitic people create more Kindoms Like Ajuraan, Axum, Abyssinia, Ethiopia?

http://www.anth.ucsb.edu/faculty/stsmith/research/nubia_history.html

Now give up. Nubian civilization is actually OLDER than Egyptian and that I can EASILY prove. Trust me.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by PAPAAFRICA: 6:41am On Oct 27, 2013
You lost the arguement already you culture vulture.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 6:43am On Oct 27, 2013
[img]http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1381344_Screen_Shot_2013-10-27_at_1_37_12_AM_png170894ef321a07da84d50aeaf57b0677[/img]

*sigh*

Thanks for killing your own argument again. smiley

Ethiopia was an old term for modern Nubia by the Greeks. Your source even clearly states that its an Ancient Kingdom from Nubia.

Epic fail! HA!

@PAPA AFRICA

Imma continue destroying him.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 6:43am On Oct 27, 2013
I just hope the gods of the enternet preserve this thread to make it into the vault of history.

1. If I may humbly ask, where do the Nubians fit in your story since NUBIA AND KUSH ARE used interchangeably?
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 6:45am On Oct 27, 2013
KidStranglehold: [img]http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1381344_Screen_Shot_2013-10-27_at_1_37_12_AM_png170894ef321a07da84d50aeaf57b0677[/img]

*sigh*

Thanks for killing your own argument again. smiley

Ethiopia was an old term for modern Nubia by the Greeks. Your source even clearly states that its an Ancient Kingdom from Nubia.

Epic fail! HA!

@PAPA AFRICA

Imma continue destroying him.

Lmao, I thought it was common knowledge that Axum took over and burned Kush to the ground and Axum emerged from the ashes of Kush. And Abyssinia came out of Axum, and Ethiopia came out Abbysinia.

I guess your nilosahrans were a blip on the map you made up as their so called history you made up.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by PAPAAFRICA: 6:48am On Oct 27, 2013
Lol ok I know this guy is trolling now.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 6:50am On Oct 27, 2013
PAPA AFRICA: Lol ok I know this guy is trolling now.

Wallahi am not trolling you. I thought you guys were trolling me embarassed
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 6:52am On Oct 27, 2013
Even in your wildest wettest dreams if Kush was nilosahran: what does it say if Axum burned it into the ground and for the next thousand years Kushitic people created Kingdoms like Axum, Ajuran, Islamic Sultanates, Abyssinia, Ethiopia.

Just Curious to know. Cause that basically means Kush who you believe was nilosahran never reemerged to ever threaten cushitic people (somalis,beja, oromo, afar)
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 27, 2013
Ajuran:

Lmao, I thought it was common knowledge that Axum took over and burned Kush to the ground and Axum emerged from the ashes of Kush. And Abyssinia came out of Axum, and Ethiopia came out Abbysinia.

I guess your nilosahrans were a blip on the map you made up as their so called history you made up.

Axum did not really conquer/take over Nubia/Kush, they launched a puntative expedition. There is no proof of a permanent Axumite settlement there. Their civilizations were completely different and no real Ethiopian influence was discovered in Christian Nubia pottery or architecture, or their church, or their political structure. Nada.

The Kushites were Nile Saharan. End of story.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 27, 2013
Ajuran: Even in your wildest wettest dreams if Kush was nilosahran: what does it say if Axum burned it into the ground and for the next thousand years Kushitic people created Kingdoms like Axum, Ajuran, Islamic Sultanates, Abyssinia, Ethiopia.

Just Curious to know. Cause that basically means Kush who you believe was nilosahran never reemerged to ever threaten cushitic people (somalis,beja, oromo, afar)

LOL Obviously you're just trolling right now due to your argument being completely crushed, when I already linked you to this link about past Nubian civilizations before and after Kush.
http://www.anth.ucsb.edu/faculty/stsmith/research/nubia_history.html
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 6:54am On Oct 27, 2013
KidStranglehold:

Axum did not really conquer/take over Nubia/Kush, they launched a puntative expedition. There is no proof of a permanent Axumite settlement there. Their civilizations were completely different and no real Ethiopian influence was discovered in Christian Nubia pottery or architecture, or their church, or their political structure. Nada.

The Kushites were Nile Saharan. End of story.

I wish you would talk to some nilosahrans. What race are nilosahrans, and who are there descendants.

Yes, its proven that Axum burned Kush to the ground. Thats basic fact.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 6:57am On Oct 27, 2013
AXUM, KUSH’S successor, was situated in the Ethiopian highlands, not far from where the Red Sea empties out into the Gulf of Aden . The port city for AXUM was the Red Sea port of ADULIS . AXUM traded trinkets, wine, cloth and finished iron goods with the peoples of the interior for iron ore, hides, gold and enslaved Africans. These were shipped from the port of ADULIS and traded in Arabia , Persia , Constantinople and India .

At its height, in the fourth and fifth centuries AD, the Axumite kingdom controlled much of Arabia, modern day Eritrea , Ethiopia and Sudan . AXUM was the seed that blossomed into the legendary kingdom of Ethiopia . It is said that the first Axumite (Ethiopian) king was Menelik, the son of Solomon and the Queen of Sheba. It’s believed that the original Ark of the Covenant was taken to Ethiopia by Menelik and is still kept in AXUM . The fourth century Ethiopian king, Ezana, converted to Christianity thereby making Ethiopia the first Christian nation. . .
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 7:01am On Oct 27, 2013
Ajuran:

I wish you would talk to some nilosahrans. What race are nilosahrans, and who are there descendants.

Yes, its proven that Axum burned Kush to the ground. Thats basic fact.

Nile Saharans arent technically a race, but language group, but they are not Afro Asiatic like Horners.

I already know what your problem is. And I am going to touch base on it.

You think Nile Saharans only means Nilotic like these Dinka people, who you view as slaves for some reason.

Yes Nilotic is a branch under Nile Saharan, but the Nubians are NOT Nilotic but Eastern Sudanic who are THESE PEOPLE.

Do you not know that there are Eastern Sudanic speakers in Eritrea I forgot there name.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 7:08am On Oct 27, 2013
KidStranglehold:

Nile Saharans arent technically a race, but language group, but they are not Afro Asiatic like Horners.

I already know what your problem is. And I am going to touch base on it.

You think Nile Saharans only means Nilotic like these Dinka people, who you view as slaves for some reason.

Yes Nilotic is a branch under Nile Saharan, but the Nubians are NOT Nilotic but Eastern Sudanic who are THESE PEOPLE.

Do you not know that there are Eastern Sudanic speakers in Eritrea I forgot there name.

That little boy looks like a somali/ethiopian/eritrean and his nubian: thus proving my point.

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Fulaman198(m): 7:11am On Oct 27, 2013
Ajuran:

So the guy had gold, cause he was in an area with a lot of minerals, and for being the richest man, how has he changed the world? pathetic.

With that much gold, he did nothing; thats why Cushitic history will always surpass bantu history.

We all know kingdom of Kush was cushitic like their name says, how sad you have to lie about this. Who do you think overtook them: it was Axum that burned Kush down to the ground as it was the same area of land they were fighting over.

If you believe they were milo saharan, than why did they name their kingdom after us: Kush. And how come these people who you call Nilosahran ever produced another kingdom. And where are they today. Cause we all know through language the people in ancient Egypt was cushitic people never nilosahran. Just look at the culture of somalia and ethiopia and how similar it is to ancient egypt

Mansa Musa was not even Bantu he was Mande.....
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Fulaman198(m): 7:13am On Oct 27, 2013
KidStranglehold:

*Sigh*

Again Fulaman I KNOW Fulanis had kingdoms/Empires in the modern Mali. But again I am talking about the Mali empire, repeat Mali EMPIRE! This one...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mali_Empire

Again the Mali Empire was controlled by Mandinkas. But Fulanis, Tuaregs, Sanhajas and others were a part of it.

Noted
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Fulaman198(m): 7:13am On Oct 27, 2013
PAPA AFRICA: Vassal- a holder of land by feudal tenure on conditions of homage and allegiance.

but any how you should read "Narrative of Travels and Discoveries in Northern and Central Africa" for more information on the Sokoto Emirate, the biggest Fulani jihad state. it was written by an Irish man who had become a friend of Bello throughout his travels.

A description of the second sultan Muhammed Bello:
"After breakfast the sultan sent for
me ; his residence was at no great distance. In
front of it there is a large quadrangle, into which
several of the principal streets of the city lead. We
passed through three coozees, as guardhouses,
without the least detention, and were immediately
ushered into the presence of Bello, the second sul-
tan of the Felatahs. He was seated on a small car-
pet, between two pillars supporting the roof of a
thatched house, not unlike one of our cottages.
The walls and pillars were painted blue and white, in
the Moorish taste ; and on the back wall was sketched
a fire-screen, ornamented with a coarse painting of
a flower-pot. An arm-chair, with an iron lamp
standing on it, was placed on each side of the
screen... The sultan is a noble-looking man,
forty-four years of age, although much younger
in appearance, five foot ten inches high, portly in
person, with a short curling black beard, a small
mouth, a fine forehead, a Grecian nose, and large
black eyes. He was dressed in a light blue cotton
tobi, with a white muslin turban, the shawl of
which he wore over the nose and mouth in the*
Tuarick fashion."

Thank you
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Adamskuty(m): 7:14am On Oct 27, 2013
Fulaman198:

Mali are legends but which empire was it in Mali during that time period I believe it was a mix of Mande and Fulani
what of the bornu empire fulaman? I thought they fought a long war with the british?
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 27, 2013
@Ajuran

Your map only shows Afro Asiatic languages in Africa. Just stop. The Afro Asiatic languages is Beja which is rarely even spoken in the Horn.

When will this nonsense end? undecided

And who cares what the boy looks like, he speaks Nile Saharan.

@Fulaman

Thank you.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Adamskuty(m): 7:15am On Oct 27, 2013
Quoted! Will be very useful against my somali boy
KidStranglehold:

Somalia9, don't even try to debate me on African history because I am well informed...

First off...West Africans defeated the Portuguese well before Somalis. It was the Mali empire and the Mali empire decimated the Portuguese easily with their navel power.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_the_Mali_Empire#The_Portuguese

The Portuguese got beat so badly that they had to trade instead. Didn't the Somalis have help from the Ottomans against the Portuguese, meanwhile the Mali empire did not.

1 Like

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Fulaman198(m): 7:16am On Oct 27, 2013
Adamskuty: what of the bornu empire fulaman? I thought they fought a long war with the british?

Many great empires in West Africa fought hard against the British, French and Portugese.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 7:16am On Oct 27, 2013
KidStranglehold: @Ajuran

Your map only shows Afro Asiatic languages in Africa. Just stop. The Afro Asiatic languages is Beja which is rarely even spoken in the Horn.

When will this nonsense end? undecided

And who cares what the boy looks like, he speaks Nile Saharan.

SLAYED. RIP

1 Like

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 7:17am On Oct 27, 2013
Fulaman198:

Many great empires in West Africa fought hard against the British, French and Portugese.

Apparently not hard enough considering all the blacks running around in the new world who were brought there as slaves.

-this comment deserves thumbs up
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Fulaman198(m): 7:17am On Oct 27, 2013
Ajuran:

SLAYED. RIP

You have not slayed anything. The Beja were not the Ancient Egyptians, Nubians and Merotes who are both Nilo-Saharan (Nilotics) were
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 7:18am On Oct 27, 2013
Fulaman198:

You have not slayed anything. The Beja were not the Ancient Egyptians, Nubians and Merotes who are both Nilo-Saharan (Nilotics) were

He said beja is not a cushitic language. And it is.

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Fulaman198(m): 7:18am On Oct 27, 2013
Ajuran:

Apparently not hard enough considering all the blacks running around in the new world who were brought there as slaves.

-this comment deserves thumbs up

Kind of like how the Italians defeated the Somalis? sure man. There is nothing no offense to the kind Somalis...There is nothing Somalia has accomplished that other Africans have not accomplished.

1 Like

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Adamskuty(m): 7:19am On Oct 27, 2013
Will be very useful against ajuran,my boy
Fulaman198:

You do realise that West Africa had a lot of natural resources that Europeans wanted but couldn't get their hands on in West Africa until the 19th century.....

They had to combine their forces when West African forces were dispersed. The British, French and Portugese all joined forces together to conquer nations in West Africa. There was Gold in what is today Ghana, Diamonds in what is today Sierra Leone, and Oil in what is today Nigeria. So exactly what did Somalia have (no offense to Somalis) that needed to be exploited. If these empires would have been at their peak of power, I can assure you Kingdoms like the Benin Empire, the Fulani caliphate of Maasina to Sokoto, etc. would not have been conquered.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Fulaman198(m): 7:19am On Oct 27, 2013
Ajuran:

He said beja is not a cushitic language. And it is.

And? So what? What relevance does that have to what we are discussing?
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by PAPAAFRICA: 7:19am On Oct 27, 2013
Adamskuty: what of the bornu empire fulaman? I thought they fought a long war with the british?
you should read "Narrative of Travels and Discoveries in Northern and Central Africa" for information on bornu. Clapperton was a friend of the sheik/ruler.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16)

Kegites Club? / The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria / UN Security Seat; Canada Rallies Ooni Of Ife For Support, Spends $120m. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.