Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,152 members, 7,953,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:38 PM

Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me (35127 Views)

Suntai Leaves Govt. House; Packs Into House Bought For Him By His Deputy / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode / Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by Godson201333(m): 9:33am On Nov 01, 2013
jonescyras: Akii ri ole lori ope koma riwi(yoruba)
A thief caught on a palmtree will always have something to say so as to free himself!

Omo yoruba why u come waste page nah
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by Iykopee(m): 9:39am On Nov 01, 2013
Finally, stella's traducers have failed woefully to nail an innocent woman. Hahahahahhahahahah its obvious some set of people from a particular part of the country are not happy how stella has been transforming the same aviation sector they left in mess and made every oda nigerian believe dat if not them, none can make it work.

2day, d pendulum has changed it swinging positions. Stella, many r solidly behind u. those hating will die of imminent heart attack while u ride higher on ur current developmental strides in d aviation sector. Shame to haters, shame to ethnic bigots, shame to lousy loud mouthed parrots.

Kudos madam stella. U win

1 Like

Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by seangy4konji: 9:58am On Nov 01, 2013
Stealer HOEduaaa
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by bknight: 10:08am On Nov 01, 2013
**you are ignored** cool
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by Lightening: 10:34am On Nov 01, 2013
[quote author=lee007]WITH WHAT I HAVE BEEN READING FOR THE LAST FEW DAYS, NO IGBO MAN SHOULD COME HERE ON NAIRALAND AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE POOR STATE OF ANYTHING IN THIS COUNTRY, ITS VERY OBVIOUS THAT YOU PEOPLE CAN NEVER SEE BEYOUNG YOUR INCURRABLE ETHNIC BIGOTRY!

WHEN OBASANJO WAS PRESIDENT, HIS GREATEST CRITICS WERE YORUBAS, HE NEVER AW EYE TO EYE WITH TINUBU EVEN TILL DATE, THEY DISAGREE BASICALLY ON IDEOLOGY AND POLITICAL INFLUENCE AND NOTHING MORE!

ALL YOU PEOPLE FIGHT FOR IS MONEY, MONEY AND MONEY.....EVEN IN THE FACE OF GROSS CORRUPTION AND INEFFICIENCY ALL YOU CAN SEE IS WHO IS IGBO AND WHO IS NOT,I HAVE NEVER SEN A TRIBE SO BURIED IN PARANOIA LIKE THE IGBOS! EVEN BODE WENT TO JAIN IN YORUBA LAND ORCHESTRATED BY HIS FELLOW YORUBA MEN! THAT'S WHAT HONOR IS ALL OUT! SPEAKING AND STANDING WITH THE TRUTH REGARDLESS OF WHO IS INVOLVED!

THAT'S IS WHY NO IGBO MAN CAN NEVER BE NIGERIAN PRESIDENT, WHO WILL VOTE FOR YOU? THE YORUBAS YOU LOVE TO HATE OR THE HAUSA WHO CAN'T STAND YOUR BREATH?

NONSENSE! [/quote

See this frustrated crying baby. Which tribe has the most cases pending with EFCC but uses their crooked attorney skills supported with their tribalist judges to adjourn indefinitely to evade justice?

May be because your brother OBJ on death row was cleansed by the North and baptised president is giving you the illussion that Yoruba is of reckoning in Nigeria politics.

That udara fruit that you blind man stumbled on by chance, when you finish eating it, kindly stumble on another.

Isi Aki.

3 Likes

Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by danderson(f): 10:56am On Nov 01, 2013
Princess you shall live long.

Please, how soon is British Airways and Emirates landing in Enugu International Airport make i begin count Odua 2 - 0 Oduduwa

Carry go Our Pretty Princess. You sucked breast to the fullest.

2 Likes

Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by eluquenson(m): 11:35am On Nov 01, 2013
Ozichim:
Ok Mr. good and wise man; can you allow the probe committee to do their job. or you can apply to join the committee, because I know that thiefts know how to catch another thief.
We all already know the purpose for which the cars were bought. The cars were not bought just for the minister alone. They are official cars. If you had known the man that raised this issue (Femi F K); you would have killed him first before attending to the issue he brought. So we are waiting to know how they go out of limit and how they started working with different figure.
Some fellows are already laughing at the figure under investigation, since it is such a small amount. You left somebody that stole trailer load of money while pursuing somebody that stole a bag of money.

Can you imagine the bolded, sin is a sin no mata the gravity,we don't need to encourage any form of theft.
Stop this your nonsense argument you this clown
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by Bome01(m): 11:42am On Nov 01, 2013
Michaellegend: Any man that uses his teeth to cut 'shaki' from a bowl of
peppersoup with his eyes open, is not afraid of
anything ... Abraham Lincoln
Guy. . . Thats treacherous. . . Abraham Lincoln go wake up from him grave for ds ur quote. . . Shuuoooo
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by killuminati(m): 11:45am On Nov 01, 2013
sunny4life: But joel obi said dat those cars were meant to protect d minister because of threat to her life.How come d minister is now saying that those vehicles ar not meant 4 her?.........jst my observation
don't mind her pls, she's just saying the NEEDFUL
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by Bome01(m): 11:58am On Nov 01, 2013
atlwireles: The rush to judgement crowd, should always learn to allow due process, when dealing with issues like this. Stella did nothing wrong and the attempt to chase her from office has completely failed.
How much did Stealla pay u to make dis comment? #4k? Don't mind him y'all, one of dose IMT students Stealla bribed!
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by tolu4you: 12:00pm On Nov 01, 2013
needfull now means corruption, oh no! Let me check my dictionary.... In oduah voice, 'just do the needfull'
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by lastpage: 12:51pm On Nov 01, 2013
Ozichim:
Ok Mr. good and wise man; can you allow the probe committee to do their job. or you can apply to join the committee, because I know that thiefts know how to catch another thief.
We all already know the purpose for which the cars were bought. The cars were not bought just for the minister alone. They are official cars. If you had known the man that raised this issue (Femi F K); you would have killed him first before attending to the issue he brought. So we are waiting to know how they go out of limit and how they started working with different figure.
Some fellows are already laughing at the figure under investigation, since it is such a small amount. You left somebody that stole trailer load of money while pursuing somebody that stole a bag of money.

sunny4life: : But joel obi said dat those cars were meant to protect d minister because of threat to her life.How come d minister is now saying that those vehicles ar not meant 4 her?.........jst my observation

Honestly, l cant understand our Igbo brothers anymore! angry angry

Why do they always think anyone who criticizes any wrongdoing done by an Igbo person, is out to ruin them and does so out of hatred for Igbos?
Personally, l have looked myself in the mirror and asked "Do l hate Igbos, as a race"?
The answer is NO! And l can afford to tell myself the truth, in my own closet, at least no one has any knowledge or power over that.

Alright, it is okay for you to "hate Yorubas" but do you also hate yourself this much .... or how do you describe someone who will "cut of his own "Igbo-Nose", just to spite his "Yoruba-face"?

How can any sensible person say that 250Million stolen wealth of this country, is "small money"?
Even Dangotte will not smile at you if you steal just 10Million of his money, despite his wealth yet those saying this money is "chicken change" are people who can barely arrange 10Million Naira in their "home and abroad"! shocked shocked
Who puts a #150 Million Naira Bullet Proof Car in the "Pool", for everyone's use?

Why must every issues be viewed through "ethnic and tribal lenses"?
What joy does it give our Igbo brothers to defend brazen corruption, just because the thief is Igbo? ... or because one Yoruba man thief stole double that?
Where is the sense of reasoning and Logic in that argument? Have you guys No shame at all?

How did this story turn to a "Yoruba Vs. Igbo"? One of the principal actors i this saga was/is a childhood friend of mine as we attended the same Primary school in Lagos and we actually grew up in adjacent streets!, .... But he is NOT Yoruba, and it does not change my opinion or friendship with him.

How one earth can anyone with their senses intact, defend these rubbish or tell us their own I.Q is so low they cant even figure out what happened, despite all the glaring evidence and testimonies from Stella Oduah herself, and all the principal characters involved who had given evidence?
Which other court are you waiting for and are you guys so daft and moronic? I know you are not but it is just that your thinking got suddenly
get so messed-up once "tribalism" takes over.

Same goes for some of our Yoruba folks who will defend Tinubu till death, despite evidence of his criminality.
But honestly, it is senseless behaviour and those involved in these acts are a disgrace to their family name and unborn generations.

We must all come together to condemn brazen stealing of our national wealth by some Politician and their cronies who dont give a hoot about us.

How much is the filthy #4,000 they are sharing for you (or even if you are just doing it for Tribalism's sake only), from the Billions they steal?
The stealing that is denying your generation the quality of life you are supposed to be living .... or dont you realize you have only ONE LIFE to live and "generator fumes" alone, (caused by the thievery in the power sector, championed by no less than OBJ and his cronies) has reduced the life expectancy of Nigerians by at least 20-years and the sudden increase in the prevalence of cancer in the last few years in traceable to the same Generator fumes which would have been avoided if we all come together and "flog the shyte" out of these thieves (our Brothers!)?

These thieves have NO RESPECT for you and me (even if you defend them till tomorrow or take crumbs from their table).
You need to hear them when they talk about the same foolish "common man" who is here ranting and raving in their defense!

Please guys, you are doing your own generation and children a BAD FAVOR, by supporting a thief, from any tribe.
You are also destroying your own very life (maybe its not that valuable to you sha, that is what poverty causes in a humanbeing).

Let us come together and hang to dry, every thief, whether Yoruba, hausa or Igbo, a thief is a thief.
otherwise, we are on a very 'long thing'.
Somalia is a very good example o! wink
Ten years ago, if anyone told you that "bombs" will be killing Nigerians like chickens, l bet you will hiss and say "gerrout" to that person, but today, it is the reality.
If l tell you TODAY that if we dont change our attitude of supporting EVIL, based on TRIBALISM, Somalia or Yemen will be a child's play compared to what we will become in ten years from now.

Running abroad is also not becoming an option anymore, go and see how Africans/Nigerians die like flies, trying to reach Europe!

Read it here: http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/92-migrants-die-in-sahara-desert-after-failed-crossing
The white people are gradually getting fed-up of a Black man that acts like he is sub-human in thinking and reasoning.
They are ring-fencing themselves inside.
Me, am inside already so nothing to worry about but l still feel for the hundred and sixty million who are "outside" suffering and yet still defend that which causes their suffering! TRIBALISM AND CORRUPTION!

I don talk my own o.

Lastpage!

6 Likes

Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by lawbabs: 12:54pm On Nov 01, 2013
Before i throw in my comment, I must first of all say, I am not a tribalist and I respect everyone both on Nairaland and around me. So before you throw your sentimental sword, listen to the voice of reasoning within you.

I am worried about some alarmists from the East. It appears that they cry foul over corruption enquiries and investigations that involve any Easterner. The other day, an igbo group told the President they will no longer back him if he sacks Stella Oduah. This is absurdity in the highest order. I would expect them, if they are interested in protecting igbo interest, to say to Mr. President, "If Stella is found culpable, kindly remove her but replace her with an igbo person with high credibility and integrity". Why all this deadly sentiment? It amazes me.

From where I come (before you permutate, I am Yoruba man), we don't make excuses for wrong doing. In fact, it is shameful for us to have any Yoruba technocrat or public official being accused of corruption. That is why you didnt see any Yoruba group drumming up support for Patricia Eteh during her travails (She is from my State). Interestingly, I am surrounded by correct Igbo guys with high integrity but when I present issues like this to them, they simply cannot be bothered. In fact, one of my Igbo friends will say, it doesnt add value to him neither does it put food on his table. But in my honest opinion, these set of good Igbo pple should rise to the occassion and condemn this trend. When I see or hear Emeka Anyouku talks, I am always trilled and full of love and respect for him. I sometimes wish he is my uncle, so I could regularly draw wisdom from his experience. People like him should lend their voices and put things in the right perspective.

And this is not about Igbo/Yoruba imbroglio. So let no Yoruba fighter quote my statement in a bid to castigate Igbo folks.

Thanks.

Lawbabs

2 Likes

Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by Ahyordele: 1:07pm On Nov 01, 2013
I jst pray d house does justice 2 Oduah's Case cos Farouk Lawal case had bin Swept Unda d Carpet.
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by Derealme(m): 1:14pm On Nov 01, 2013
:. Nigeria Mantra has changed gear from
My Oga @ d Top

Do d Needful

Since 2 armoured cars of N225 can be NEEDFULL to Minister in Nigeria amidst ASUU strike, Insurgency in the North, Kidnapping in the South-South, increase numbers of rape victims in the South-West and rise in numbers of money ritual victim in the South-East. Almighty GOD in heaven, provide us with all our NEEDFULL regardless of how magnificent and glorious they are in face of all Haters.

Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by Pukkah: 1:17pm On Nov 01, 2013
lastpage:

If l tell you TODAY that if we dont change our attitude of supporting EVIL, based on TRIBALISM, Somalia or Yemen will be a child's play compared to what we will become in ten years from now.

Fact!

The white people are gradually getting fed-up of a Black man that acts like he is sub-human in thinking and reasoning.

Looking at the kind of reasoning being exhibited here, is he not?
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by rhymz(m): 1:42pm On Nov 01, 2013
All of a sudden known bigots of NO have turned to activist all because they want Stella's head, I dey laugh....until there is an official pronouncement on the case by the constituted authorities charged with investigating the case, no amount of journalistic embellishment by the Yoruba oligarchy will stop the Igbo from supporting Stella, this is Nigeria not the UK or China where things are done based entirely on their merit and not based on unseen powerful interests pulling strings and using subtle antics to continue their tribal hegemony of the Nigerian economy and politics.....we will play the game just as we have observed you play it.....cry all you want.

1 Like

Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by Derealme(m): 2:26pm On Nov 01, 2013
Without breaking a single law of reasoning or common sense, it's now obvious that our leaders have taken corruption to another level by pulling wool over our eyes.

Stella Oduah, from her brainpower, thought she could play smart by ordering the NCAA DG to do the Needful.
What did she mean by 'Needful'. To do the Needful to fulfill her own personal interest at the detriment of the taxpayers money. To cruise the town with 2 armoured cars at the same time.

As expectations are high to bring to book all the culprits involved in this shady dealings, the National Assembly and the committee set-up to investigate into the matter should make sure justice and fairness are restored into our judiciary system. When culprits are not brought to book and left unpunished, our government are directly for indirectly teaching the youth immoral acts that corruption is a thing you can do and go scout free without being punished. This will pave way for increase in corruption in our system.

The story so far has left us on an ambiguous stance as to whether d alleged corruption is pointing to fact that a whoopful large sum of N225 was spent to acquire the two aure car or process for acquiring them are not duely follow. But the still question remain; why N225 million Is spent on cars amidst several basic and important issues that need to be taken into consideration.

The minister said the cars were not meant for her, d NCAA DG exempt himself that he was not In-charge at NCAA when the order was given for the purchase. The PS claiming that he was not available at the time everything happened . The acting DG said he did the due
diligence but he had a mindset that they were
within the budget limit and thought since the agency had got the approval of the National Assembly there was no need for such diligence.

Now that nobody wants to claim responsibility for the cars, Who is Guilty?
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by texazzpete(m): 2:54pm On Nov 01, 2013
rhymz: All of a sudden known bigots of NO have turned to activist all because they want Stella's head, I dey laugh....until there is an official pronouncement on the case by the constituted authorities charged with investigating the case, no amount of journalistic embellishment by the Yoruba oligarchy will stop the Igbo from supporting Stella, this is Nigeria not the UK or China where things are done based entirely on their merit and not based on unseen powerful interests pulling strings and using subtle antics to continue their tribal hegemony of the Nigerian economy and politics.....we will play the game just as we have observed you play it.....cry all you want.

And to think you're the same person that had this to say a short while ago

This is exactly what breeds corruption. How can Adeboye ask people to contribute a billion naira? This country has lost morality, we have lost our sense of decency. Adeboye is a hypocrit and a smooth talking bible wielding conman, they are more interested in building magnificent edifices for boasting sake than the welfare of people.

Any man that consciously brings such amount of money to Adeboye's personal secretary should be investigated, no serious business person with decent means release such funds unless it is for serious business that will yield profit. In a country like Nigeria where we have emergency millionaires with corrupt means how many wealthy people can boast of such wealth coming from the efforts of their labour?
No need for Adeboye to be decieving people with his hypocritical gentle and humble MOG mien when he is in the business of courting corrupt money bags that are busy sucking this country dry.
Little wonder these so called MOG will never lend their voice to national issues that seek criticize or force government to be responsible.

You were the same person railing against indecency, corruption and lack of morality...and now here you are supporting the same thing because the person involved belongs to your tribe.
Even If we assume your post lambasting Adeboye had nothing to do with your observed ethnic bias, at best you come out of this looking like a hypocrite.

6 Likes

Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by funnyx(m): 2:58pm On Nov 01, 2013
texazzpete:

You were the same person railing against indecency, corruption and lack of morality...and now here you are supporting the same thing because the person involved belongs to your tribe.
Even If we assume your post lambasting Adeboye had nothing to do with your observed ethnic bias, at best you come out of this looking like a hypocrite.

Busted! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by Katsumoto: 3:22pm On Nov 01, 2013
rhymz: All of a sudden known bigots of NO have turned to activist all because they want Stella's head, I dey laugh....until there is an official pronouncement on the case by the constituted authorities charged with investigating the case, no amount of journalistic embellishment by the Yoruba oligarchy will stop the Igbo from supporting Stella, this is Nigeria not the UK or China where things are done based entirely on their merit and not based on unseen powerful interests pulling strings and using subtle antics to continue their tribal hegemony of the Nigerian economy and politics.....we will play the game just as we have observed you play it.....cry all you want.

The supporter of a thief is a thief.

At least most people know now that a majority of Ndigbo support corruption when it is being undertaken by one of their own.

Bloody hypocrites.
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by Katsumoto: 3:22pm On Nov 01, 2013
texazzpete:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by Pukkah: 3:32pm On Nov 01, 2013
texazzpete:

shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin

This is a death blow to rhymz!

The Uncovering of Mega Hyprocrisy!

He even had the guts to be sermonizing and pontificating!
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by ikwubaba: 3:45pm On Nov 01, 2013
xager: you people leave this woman alone na! wetin?

We will not leave her alon o. She cannot be using money meant for equipment and training of personnel to buy exortic cars. After plane go dey fall from sky.

Funny how people cannot link curroption to their misfortune. Fortunately, it's not only (infact usually) not the poor that flies. One day you will fall from the sky for supporting evil
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by seangy4konji: 3:55pm On Nov 01, 2013
SHE IS A HOE AND A THIEF...THEY HAVE NO SHAME AGAIN AND REMORSE IN COMMITTING THIS CRIMES TO HUMANITY....THIEVEING HOES AND BASTARDS.
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by ewosk: 5:00pm On Nov 01, 2013
hmmm...Approved!!! 255Million Naira for 2 Cars....when it is reported that the average Nigerian level below a dollar per day...Wasteful Government and Crooked in all their ways...God will help us...On other matters FG pay ASUU una get money...dis na proof to that effect...
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by lastpage: 6:07pm On Nov 01, 2013
texazzpete:

Jeezuz Christ! shocked shocked
Why did you have to dig this Up just now when he was having a field day supporting "tribal-infested corruption"?
BUSTED! BUSTED!! BUSTED!!!
It just shows rhymz as a person, lacks depth and nay modicum of decency. End of story.
Imagine what his likes will do, if they have access to the national purse! shocked shocked

Well, one more lesson we all need to learn in this[b] DIGITAL AGE:[/b]

Be careful what you say, it might come back to bite your butt when you list expected it.

I have seen people sacked for their utterances on twitter, l have seen people jailed for their rantings on FaceBook, ....
.....one day, just one day, Nairaland might just be your next undoing.
To be forewarned, is to be forearmed. wink wink

Lastpage!
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by MrAYO3: 7:47pm On Nov 01, 2013
May God help us. That car was bought 4 kidnapping purpose.
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by kolokolobi(m): 11:17pm On Nov 01, 2013
Its not funny but I laugh. Directing or delegating that the neefful be done does not mean abdiating responcibility. Can we now also say thst her directions on aviation safety for the needful to be done might also mean she does not know if they are done or not.
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by LeSaint(m): 3:12am On Nov 02, 2013
lastpage: By the way, l dont know how "old" these people arguing about that phrase "do the needful" ..are or whether they have worked in any corporate environment before or whether they are just the usual "ASUU fall-out" that dont know their left from their right?.

I have written as a "subordinate", read and in later years of "senior management", APPROVED thousands of "Memos", so l know exactly what it means and what the intention is, when you use that phrase (Approved, do the needful), to a subordinate.

1.) A Memo is put-up to address an issue (Procurement of BMW's in this case).

2.) Prior to putting it into writing, the "Boss" and his "subordinate" would "verbally" discuss and dissect the issue at stake

3.) When "all issues" have been thrashed out and "AN AGREED POSITION IS REACHED" ....(viz price, supplier, quality and quantity, mode of payment, 'egunje-level", e.t.c) .. between the "Oga" and the "Junior", the Boss would ask the subordinate to "raise a Memo to that effect, for the Boss to "approve".

4.) The subordinate writes the Memo (raises a request) and addresses it to his/her Boss.
The subordinate signs his name and signature on the left-bottom of the Memo and leaves the right-bottom of the Memo, for the Boss to sign.

5.) The Boss goes through the Memo to ensure that all important issues discussed earlier "are captured" in the Memo. If so, the Boss APPROVES the Memo by "signing his name and signature" on the space provided.

6.) In addition, the Boss MUST write "APPROVED" on the Memo
... and to give "URGENCY" to the Memo, the Boss will append "Do the Needful", implying: Based on our previous discussions and position, do GO AHEAD and TAKE ALL STEPS TO EXECUTE THE REQUIREMENTS OF THIS MEMO".

Thus, the Memo at this stage becomes a "clear and concise instruction" that must be executed by the subordinate, ASAP! ... otherwise the subordinate is liable for a "query" for dereliction of duty and disobedience! grin grin

By appending "Approved, Do the needful" on that Memo, Stella Oduah is wholly and completely responsible for its content (ofcourse, if we factor-in the fact that she is also the "beneficiary", we can understand why she added that phrase "Do the needful", to it.)

I know most of our House-members ain't that intelligent and experienced otherwise, they should just have invited a few corporate heads, dig-out their previous Memos and do same with Stella Oduah's Memos in other activities she has implemented and you would see that they all follow the same pattern of "Go ahead and implement SPEEDILY".

End of story joor.

Lastpage!

My frnd, I dont know the sector in which you worked and gained your understanding of the use of the directive, "Do the needful", but I tell you you misfired completely in your analysis. So much for show of savvy! Now, everyone, get the TRUE and contextually ACCURATE interpretation (and Oduah's intendment in her use of that term for her defence); it means, "it's ok, but follow due process as usual to implement". But the PROBLEM is that that directive is out of context when the proposal or memo contains specifics, like a vendor's name or a firm offer (quotation). In other words, it depends on what the PRAYER in the memo is. If the prayer goes like, You may wish to APPROVE the award to "x" vendor, at their "y" price, then you as the boss CANNOT say "Approved, do the needful"!!!
"Do the needful" is ONLY used for "approvals-in-principle", that is like, Nkemakolam would say Hon Min, it would be a good IDEA to buy Armoured Bimmers, and the Min would say, ok go ahead and COMMENCE the procurement PROCESS, ie, the needful! Nkemakolam would the prepare an ADVERT COPY and send out to minimum two popular national dailies, inviting interested vendors to submit quotations for Bimmers. This is the first Due Process step, and it cannot be taken without approval.
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by LeSaint(m): 3:37am On Nov 02, 2013
lastpage:

Honestly, l cant understand our Igbo brothers anymore! angry angry

Why do they always think anyone who criticizes any wrongdoing done by an Igbo person, is out to ruin them and does so out of hatred for Igbos?
Personally, l have looked myself in the mirror and asked "Do l hate Igbos, as a race"?
The answer is NO! And l can afford to tell myself the truth, in my own closet, at least no one has any knowledge or power over that.

Alright, it is okay for you to "hate Yorubas" but do you also hate yourself this much .... or how do you describe someone who will "cut of his own "Igbo-Nose", just to spite his "Yoruba-face"?

How can any sensible person say that 250Million stolen wealth of this country, is "small money"?
Even Dangotte will not smile at you if you steal just 10Million of his money, despite his wealth yet those saying this money is "chicken change" are people who can barely arrange 10Million Naira in their "home and abroad"! shocked shocked
Who puts a #150 Million Naira Bullet Proof Car in the "Pool", for everyone's use?

Why must every issues be viewed through "ethnic and tribal lenses"?
What joy does it give our Igbo brothers to defend brazen corruption, just because the thief is Igbo? ... or because one Yoruba man thief stole double that?
Where is the sense of reasoning and Logic in that argument? Have you guys No shame at all?

How did this story turn to a "Yoruba Vs. Igbo"? One of the principal actors i this saga was/is a childhood friend of mine as we attended the same Primary school in Lagos and we actually grew up in adjacent streets!, .... But he is NOT Yoruba, and it does not change my opinion or friendship with him.

How one earth can anyone with their senses intact, defend these rubbish or tell us their own I.Q is so low they cant even figure out what happened, despite all the glaring evidence and testimonies from Stella Oduah herself, and all the principal characters involved who had given evidence?
Which other court are you waiting for and are you guys so daft and moronic? I know you are not but it is just that your thinking got suddenly
get so messed-up once "tribalism" takes over.

Same goes for some of our Yoruba folks who will defend Tinubu till death, despite evidence of his criminality.
But honestly, it is senseless behaviour and those involved in these acts are a disgrace to their family name and unborn generations.

We must all come together to condemn brazen stealing of our national wealth by some Politician and their cronies who dont give a hoot about us.

How much is the filthy #4,000 they are sharing for you (or even if you are just doing it for Tribalism's sake only), from the Billions they steal?
The stealing that is denying your generation the quality of life you are supposed to be living .... or dont you realize you have only ONE LIFE to live and "generator fumes" alone, (caused by the thievery in the power sector, championed by no less than OBJ and his cronies) has reduced the life expectancy of Nigerians by at least 20-years and the sudden increase in the prevalence of cancer in the last few years in traceable to the same Generator fumes which would have been avoided if we all come together and "flog the shyte" out of these thieves (our Brothers!)?

These thieves have NO RESPECT for you and me (even if you defend them till tomorrow or take crumbs from their table).
You need to hear them when they talk about the same foolish "common man" who is here ranting and raving in their defense!

Please guys, you are doing your own generation and children a BAD FAVOR, by supporting a thief, from any tribe.
You are also destroying your own very life (maybe its not that valuable to you sha, that is what poverty causes in a humanbeing).

Let us come together and hang to dry, every thief, whether Yoruba, hausa or Igbo, a thief is a thief.
otherwise, we are on a very 'long thing'.
Somalia is a very good example o! wink
Ten years ago, if anyone told you that "bombs" will be killing Nigerians like chickens, l bet you will hiss and say "gerrout" to that person, but today, it is the reality.

Running abroad is also not becoming an option anymore, go and see how Africans/Nigerians die like flies, trying to reach Europe!

Read it here: http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/92-migrants-die-in-sahara-desert-after-failed-crossing
They are ring-fencing themselves inside.
Me, am inside already so nothing to worry about but l still feel for the hundred and sixty million who are "outside" suffering and yet still defend that which causes their suffering! TRIBALISM AND CORRUPTION!

I don talk my own o.

Lastpage!

@Lastpage, I come at you again!
You spoke well, except that you over-generalized. As and Ibo person I hope to God that the people who are blinded by such primordial sentiments like kinship or party affiliation in this matter, and indeed in other national debates are in the minority. Otherwise, it is doom alone that awaits!
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by cjrane: 3:41am On Nov 02, 2013
danderson: Princess you shall live long.

Please, how soon is British Airways and Emirates landing in Enugu International Airport make i begin count Odua 2 - 0 Oduduwa

Carry go Our Pretty Princess. You sucked breast to the fullest.

@ the bolded,
That is precisely her crime to these yoruba people.
As far as they are concerned,Why should she implement the President's promise to make AIIA to become international, which they fear might threaten Lagos airport. That is why some corrupt yoruba men sat down and planned this whole scandal with buying these cars, claiming it was being bought for the minister of aviation , framed her up with lagos media groups and almost denied her a chance to speak!

Shame on you all! The truth has finally come out and no amount of name calling and blackmail will make the minister resign in frustration according to your shameful plot. She will stay on and continue with her amazing transformation of our aviation sector. Go to your plot 2 and start saying junk about Okonjo Iweala or Allison Madueke! You shall still fail as usual!

You have failed in your evil war to stop the glorious Igbo people doing great things for our dear country Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari Sacks His Liaison Officer / Buhari Meets APC Governors Over Crises / Muhammad Abu Ali Killed By Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.