Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God (9839 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Abducted Muslim Children Forcefully Converted To Christianity In Edo Idp Camp. / Boko Haram Wants To Kill Me For Converting To Christianity”–Islamic Cleric’s Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:48pm On Nov 01, 2013
rationalmind:

Why send us to hell when he chose not to choose us

Obadiah God chose what he want. He rejected us for hell just like Esau
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 01, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Lol, for no reason at all? What a loony God
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Tgirl4real(f): 7:05pm On Nov 01, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

I did that with some house fellowship in school. We prayed for about 1 hour but didn't see anything like God while I suffer lot of pains on my kneel.

I want answer once and for all....not endless prayer and hope

Ohh!

May be u guys were just doing gymnastics and not really praying. grin

1 Like

Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 01, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

And am satanist?

Jeremiah 29:13
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Meaning pls.
you are definitely something. i dont know what it is but you are something alright. why do you seek the lord anyway ? arent you happy with your atheism ? its not fulfilling you ? grin
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:29pm On Nov 01, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Ohh!

May be u guys were just doing gymnastics and not really praying. grin

lol. I remember they were Deeper life members. It was like am in training field as they shake me around. I later knelt down for some to split on my damn face.... Gaddem

And when I want something, I mean it and very determined. I turn by back when im failed and embrace when I get good result. From onset, the results were failure.... Smh
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 01, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

rationalmind:

Lol, for no reason at all? What a loony God
he chooses those who are meek and humble in spirit. you are not meek and humble in spirit. it takes someone with a strong rebellious spirit to say all the things you have been saying on nairaland. a humble and meek spirit even if they are undecided in faith will never utter anything negative about God because of aa healthy fear of a possibility of the existence of God. thats a humble and meek spirit. but those who make disparaging attacks on God are definitely strongly reprobate and haughty spirits. so in essence, he chooses the meek and humble
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Tgirl4real(f): 7:38pm On Nov 01, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

lol. I remember they were Deeper life members. It was like am in training field as they shake me around. I later knelt down for some to split on my damn face.... Gaddem

And when I want something, I mean it and very determined. I turn by back when im failed and embrace when I get good result. From onset, the results were failure.... Smh

U see...u are seeking God in the wrong place and in the wrong way. You have head knowledge of scriptures, mix it with faith in your heart and you will be saved.

Then, start living righteously according to God's word. Turn away from your old ways and embrace God whole hearted. You can't miss it. wink

It's as simple as it comes, no ambiguity.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Tgirl4real(f): 7:39pm On Nov 01, 2013
obadiah777: he chooses those who are meek and humble in spirit. you are not meek and humble in spirit. it takes someone with a strong rebellious spirit to say all the things you have been saying on nairaland. a humble and meek spirit even if they are undecided in faith will never utter anything negative about God because of aa healthy fear of a possibility of the existence of God. thats a humble and meek spirit. but those who make disparaging attacks on God are definitely strongly reprobate and haughty spirits. so in essence, he chooses the meek and humble

I agree.

1 Like

Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by UyiIredia(m): 7:44pm On Nov 01, 2013
My disbelief in the Christian God happens to involve 3 critical aspects: 1) the contradiction of mercy-killing Jesus and eternal damnation (amongst other acts) to forgive with an all-loving God 2) the application of reasonable doubt to supernatural claims of the Bible where such is unhesitantly applied by Christians with respect to other religions eg Hinduism which they disbelieve 3) the moral ineptitude or high-handedness seen in the church and tge attendant lesson the Christianity is no guarantee for good morality. As such I think it very unlikely I'll return to the religion, though not impossible. Interesting so see this from FOLYKAZE.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by UyiIredia(m): 7:45pm On Nov 01, 2013
My disbelief in the Christian God happens to involve 3 critical aspects: 1) the contradiction of mercy-killing Jesus and eternal damnation (amongst other acts) to forgive with an all-loving God 2) the application of reasonable doubt to supernatural claims of the Bible where such is unhesitantly applied by Christians with respect to other religions eg Hinduism which they disbelieve 3) the moral ineptitude or high-handedness seen in the church and tge attendant lesson the Christianity is no guarantee for good morality. As such I think it very unlikely I'll return to the religion, though not impossible. Interesting so see this from FOLYKAZE_I mean coming out_this is something I intend to do later on.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 01, 2013
obadiah777: he chooses those who are meek and humble in spirit. you are not meek and humble in spirit. it takes someone with a strong rebellious spirit to say all the things you have been saying on nairaland. a humble and meek spirit even if they are undecided in faith will never utter anything negative about God because of aa healthy fear of a possibility of the existence of God. thats a humble and meek spirit. but those who make disparaging attacks on God are definitely strongly reprobate and haughty spirits. so in essence, he chooses the meek and humble

If we have a rebellious spirit, its all his fault. He left no evidence other than ridiculous and ludicrous books. He could had appeared during the match between chelsea and man city as those satanists appeared. He could appear side by side with the eclipse about occurring on sunday. He could even appear on my phone as I'm typing this.

Just as you can see, he is doing absolutely nothing to make us less rebellious. Like I said, its all his fault.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:47pm On Nov 01, 2013
obadiah777: you are definitely something. i dont know what it is but you are something alright. why do you seek the lord anyway ? arent you happy with your atheism ? its not fulfilling you ? grin

Lol. I love seeking enlightenment cuz it life and making myself available for people cuz I respect them.

In my world, there is no real happiness..... Lol

Since I convert to Islam and stem down to Atheism, it has been a great war....am winning some and defeated at another battle field. It got to a point, suicide is the option but you know.....man fight till end. Lets forget that chief.

Even though I worship matchbox, it will fulfill me when I put enough work into it. But am optimist.....there are some truth in everything. If christianity can show up again, am good moving with it.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 01, 2013
rationalmind:

If we have a rebellious spirit, its all his fault. He left no evidence other than ridiculous and ludicrous books. He could had appeared during the match between chelsea and man city as those satanists appeared. He could appear side by side with the eclipse about occurring on sunday. He could even appear on my phone as I'm typing this.

Just as you can see, he is doing absolutely nothing to make us less rebellious. Like I said, its all his fault.
yup. a very haughty spirit. i can see why he is avoiding you
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 01, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Lol. I love seeking enlightenment cuz it life and making myself available for people cuz I respect them.

In my world, there is no real happiness..... Lol

Since I convert to Islam and stem down to Atheism, it has been a great war....am winning some and defeated at another battle field. It got to a point, suicide is the option but you know.....man fight till end. Lets forget that chief.

Even though I worship matchbox, it will fulfill me when I put enough work into it. But am optimist.....there are some truth in everything. If christianity can show up again, am good moving with it.
well your problem is instant gratification. God will not appear to you on your terms. he will appear to you on his own terms. his terms are tedious to those looking for instant gratification. you will have to show sincerity and dedication for a while. you have to humble your spirit. study the words. and then he may just appear to you through the words in the bible and through your dreams. its not an easy task and you have a miniscule amount of time. the window of opportunity to prove yourself is very slim. you have to take it now or never. the choice is yours. you gotta calm your haughty spirit

1 Like

Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 01, 2013
obadiah777: yup. a very haughty spirit. i can see why he is avoiding you

Lol, I'm also avoiding him
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 01, 2013
obadiah777: well your problem is instant gratification. God will not appear to you on your terms. he will appear to you on his own terms. his terms are tedious to those looking for instant gratification. you will have to show sincerity and dedication for a while. you have to humble your spirit. study the words. and then he may just appear to you through the words in the bible and through your dreams. its not an easy task and you have a miniscule amount of time. the window of opportunity to prove yourself is very slim. you have to take it now or never. the choice is yours. you gotta calm your haughty spirit

I studied his word with an humble spirit for 23 years and he never appeared to me. He doesn't appear to anyone other than through their own hallucinations or illusions.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:08pm On Nov 01, 2013
Uyi Iredia: My disbelief in the Christian God happens to involve 3 critical aspects: 1) the contradiction of mercy-killing Jesus and eternal damnation (amongst other acts) to forgive with an all-loving God

Christianity has been destroyed by those who read meaning to the scripture. I had this argument of hell with elders in Kingdom hall last year.....it was different thing entirely from other pentecostal churches. They dont believe person will burn eternally and they back their points greatly.

But according to Ifa, I believe there is cause and effect. Which is said that kosi asegbe meaning there is no cause without effect. But there is nothing like hell or eternal heaven here.

I think this problem of hell is with sects.... Obadiah makes me feel like bombing churches or closing all churches down if I had the power cuz I cant just see God who is thirsty with blood of innocent souls.

2) the application of reasonable doubt to supernatural claims of the Bible where such is unhesitantly applied by Christians with respect to other religions eg Hinduism which they disbelieve

I believe somethings are beyond our understanding for now. Man got to keep investigating. What push me back on supernatural claim was failed miracle fit. I tempted lot of pastors and seem most were acting.

3) the moral ineptitude or high-handedness seen in the church and tge attendant lesson the Christianity is no guarantee for good morality. As such I think it very unlikely I'll return to the religion, though not impossible.

lol. Same but sometime I think that attach to individuality. Last year, the compassion, hospitality and love from a JW purged me out of Islam. My parents cast me out even they are christians but this people embrace me...... There is fire but can serve double purpose....use for good and evil. I think same apply for christianity.

Interesting so see this from FOLYKAZE_I mean coming out_this is something I intend to do later on.

lol. My walk into yoruba spirituality expose me to lot. Imagine babalawo telling me to stop bashing Abrahamic faith. He explained some Odu that brief christianity, Islam, white enslavement and black rule in the future. He said nobody is wrong just the angle we see things. I didn't get chance of writing what he was saying on my note as the man was just giving me tips....not ready to go deep as am not initiated. As he said, everything is in stream and stages.

No knowledge is lost....I respect your intelligence mister.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:14pm On Nov 01, 2013
Tgirl4real:

U see...u are seeking God in the wrong place and in the wrong way. You have head knowledge of scriptures, mix it with faith in your heart and you will be saved.

Then, start living righteously according to God's word. Turn away from your old ways and embrace God whole hearted. You can't miss it. wink

It's as simple as it comes, no ambiguity.

here is my game.....'when am prison, I dont care but I love time limit even though it 100years'.

If I had faith for 18yrs and it yield to no exposure of reality.....it better to move on with my knowledge than hoping till eternity.

Let God prove himself once and for all
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:16pm On Nov 01, 2013
obadiah777: well your problem is instant gratification. God will not appear to you on your terms. he will appear to you on his own terms. his terms are tedious to those looking for instant gratification. you will have to show sincerity and dedication for a while. you have to humble your spirit. study the words. and then he may just appear to you through the words in the bible and through your dreams. its not an easy task and you have a miniscule amount of time. the window of opportunity to prove yourself is very slim. you have to take it now or never. the choice is yours. you gotta calm your haughty spirit

lol.

Let him show us his terms.....
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:19pm On Nov 01, 2013
rationalmind: I've got conditions too.

Let him bring these people back to life.

Charles darwin, Albert Einstein, Sir Isaac Newton and Galileo.

lol..... Why not adding your ancestors? This Oyinbo saint mentality ehn. Happy halloween.....lol
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 01, 2013
rationalmind:

Lol, I'm also avoiding him
well then you are both on the same page grin grin
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Alwaystrue(f): 8:25pm On Nov 01, 2013
@OP,
LOL. Obviously for you to want to consider it means you are not even sure of your current stand in atheism. One of the reasons that makes people revert to atheism is because they did not truly believe Jesus Christ or they looked away from Him and focused on thingsor people around them. For you not to fall, you need to keep focusing on Jesus. In short responses to your questions:

1. Slightly change your perception of what you are seeing, hearing, touching, smelling, and tasting. Just like you cannot see the wind or air yet you know it is there, same way you need to have a little more faith and patience to understand that looking is not same as seeing, feeling is not same as touching, perceiving is not same as smelling, tasting is not same as savouring and hearing is not same as listening.

2. Imagine the miracle of the air you breathe and let that air cease for a minute then you will understand that your life itself is a miracle. Putting a ringing alarm clock beside a dead person will not raise him up yet you sleep and this wakes you up. You want to see miracles? When you look, seee...Seek Him in truth and let Him handle the rest.
Miracles happen and that is why they are miracles. They come when truly necessary else it will becomes just a normal thing to you if you see them so often.

3. Lol. Very funny statement. May be if you were just patient a little more and exhibited more patience, you would have been embarrased with the body rolls and touch since they are so important to you.

4. The church of Christ is one. Factions happened as far back as the time of Paul so much that Paul said was he crucufied for us or were we baptised in his name. It would surprise you to know that many who uphold the words of Apostle Paul (for he was a minister) today as their whole bible, over the words of Jesus Christ, would have denied and abused him if he were to live again in this age for even he like Jesus had so much contradictions from people.
That is why Jesus is our source and we understand Him by the Holy Spirit and also gain lots of insights from the words of His ministers both in the letters in the bible and in true current day ministers sermons as well whose words tie to the word of God.
In Revelation Jesus spoke of the various issues of churches in different locations so the church is constantly growing and developing. Jesus Christ is the foundation. Others that build on the foundation need to be careful what they build. Some build hay, some silver, some gold but the day will prove it.

5. The accessible gateway to God is through Jesus Christ His son in praise, worship and so many other means.

Today, make up your mind that you want to return to God and tell Him to reveal Himself to you and watch a miracle unfold before your eyes.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 01, 2013
rationalmind:

I studied his word with an humble spirit for 23 years and he never appeared to me. He doesn't appear to anyone other than through their own hallucinations or illusions.
[b]one thing to understand is that there was famine of the word ( meaning there was a period in time when he did not absolutely appear to anyone. this he would do until the last days. in the last days is when he would start appearing to the sincere. ) so if you have been studying his word for 23 years, what you were studying was not the depth of his word but the level he would allow anybody on earth to get past. the book was sealed till the last days. and the reason for that is so that while in darkness he wants to see those who are humble and righteous in action. once the book is opened then he would invite the meek and humble. i suspect that you were one of these christians who think just because they study the word, that means they are with God. you do know religious christians are the most wicked people around right ? lol. so all those 23 years was an opening to this point in time in history we are in. but you are not long suffering enough. these are the days when the lord is appearing to people but you allowed yourself to fall out before that point. what is 23 years compared to an eternity of enjoying in heaven ? 23 years is nothing. you were getting purged but you dropped out before you got fully purged. [/b]
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 01, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

lol.

Let him show us his terms.....
let him show you his terms ? ahhh pride. do your part and then he would do his. wink
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:35pm On Nov 01, 2013
obadiah777: let him show you his terms ? ahhh pride. do your part and then he would do his. wink

I did that for good 18years man. When is he doing his?
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Ajibam: 8:39pm On Nov 01, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

you thought you did it but you did not!!

which church are you going before self?
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 01, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

you sowed seeds for 18 years and then quit before harvest season ? you do know 1 day to the lord is 1000 years to man right ? and you do know the seeds you are sowing you will benefit forever if you had waited to harvest, not only in this lifetime but in subsequent lifetimes. you dont just live once. you live forever, albeit spaces in between to rest in the spirit world. reincarnation.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 01, 2013
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 01, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

lol..... Why not adding your ancestors? This Oyinbo saint mentality ehn. Happy halloween.....lol

Lol, like sango and obatala and orunmila. I wouldn't mind if he brought those ones back to life as well
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Ajibam: 8:42pm On Nov 01, 2013
another thing is that,he will do his own when you are ready to do yours truly..

you are just like a Pharisee looking for a sign...the signs are around you but you don't see it cause of the veil that is covering our eye..
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Ajibam: 8:43pm On Nov 01, 2013
obadiah777: you sowed seeds for 18 years and then quit before harvest season ? you do know 1 day to the lord is 1000 years to man right ? and you do know the seeds you are sowing you will benefit forever if you had waited to harvest, not only in this lifetime but in subsequent lifetimes. you dont just live once. you live forever, albeit spaces in between to rest in the spirit world. reincarnation.

damn...hope someone haven't harvested it.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 01, 2013
Ajibam: another thing is that,he will do his own when you are ready to do yours truly..

you are just like a Pharisee looking for a sign...the signs are around you but you don't see it cause of the veil that is covering our eye..
well said lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

The Three Kinds Of Destiny / Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Prays For Buhari's Recovery (Photos) / Share Your Testimony About Holy Ghost Baptism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.