Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God (9808 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Abducted Muslim Children Forcefully Converted To Christianity In Edo Idp Camp. / Boko Haram Wants To Kill Me For Converting To Christianity”–Islamic Cleric’s Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:30pm On Nov 02, 2013
timothycel: My brother the condition for belief for an unbeliever is that prophecy in accordance with Corinthians 14 should convince you to believe. Beyond that its a matter of faith or do what Gideon did and put God to the test.

1 Corinthians 14:20- 25

"20 Brothers and sisters, stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be adults. 21 In the Law it is written:

“With other tongues
and through the lips of foreigners
I will speak to this people,
but even then they will not listen to me,
says the Lord.”[e]

22 Tongues, then, are a sign, not for believers but for unbelievers; prophecy, however, is not for unbelievers but for believers. 23 So if the whole church comes together and everyone speaks in tongues, and inquirers or unbelievers come in, will they not say that you are out of your mind? 24 But if an unbeliever or an inquirer comes in while everyone is prophesying, they are convicted of sin and are brought under judgment by all, 25 as the secrets of their hearts are laid bare. So they will fall down and worship God, exclaiming, “God is really among you!”

I have my conditions, if you cant tie with me....then lets forget my conversion. You and God fail me
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Tgirl4real(f): 12:30pm On Nov 02, 2013
rationalmind:

lol, we all hope to read your testimony on how you eventually threw away religious garbage and turned to an atheist

I am not foolish. That aint gonna happen in this life or in the after life. smiley
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:35pm On Nov 02, 2013
Tgirl4real:

I am not foolish. That aint gonna happen in this life or in the after life. smiley

Your husband got the power. Your brilliant baby got the intelligence. You cant change but they can change you
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by macof(m): 12:36pm On Nov 02, 2013
rationalmind:

Lol, but he allowed them kill his only son na

Yes because he knew all along that his son had resurrection power.

It's like he never died grin
There was no true sacrifice
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Mintayo(m): 12:36pm On Nov 02, 2013
obadiah777: he chooses those who are meek and humble in spirit. you are not meek and humble in spirit. it takes someone with a strong rebellious spirit to say all the things you have been saying on nairaland. a humble and meek spirit even if they are undecided in faith will never utter anything negative about God because of aa healthy fear of a possibility of the existence of God. thats a humble and meek spirit. but those who make disparaging attacks on God are definitely strongly reprobate and haughty spirits. so in essence, he chooses the meek and humble
My oga, I am humbled o, I agree completely with this sir, meek and humble... those two are the criteria.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:41pm On Nov 02, 2013
Mintayo:
My oga, I am humbled o, I agree completely with this sir, meek and humble... those two are the criteria.

So Moses was meek and humble huh? Yet God appeared to him face to face.

Maybe being humble and meek got different meaning to what I thought of
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 02, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

He is the God of Vengeance. Jew killed Jesus and he revenged for his blood.

hahaha, even though the Jews that killed Jesus were not the ones he kiled. Oh, I forgot,

Numbers 14:18 says

‘TheLord is slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love, forgiving iniquity and transgression, but he will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, to the third and the fourth generation

2 Likes

Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 02, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Lol, ohh really? I also said the same.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 02, 2013
macof:

Yes because he knew all along that his son had resurrection power.

It's like he never died grin
There was no true sacrifice

Hahaha, God also practices taqiyya
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Tgirl4real(f): 1:05pm On Nov 02, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Your husband got the power. Your brilliant baby got the intelligence. You cant change but they can change you

For ya mind.

Seriously, no intelligent person will say there is no God. He may not be able to rationalise it, but he will know for certain there is a supreme being behind the intelligence and coordination we see in this world.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:08pm On Nov 02, 2013
Tgirl4real:

For ya mind.

Seriously, no intelligent person will say there is no God. He may not be able to rationalise it, but he will know for certain there is a supreme being behind the intelligence and coordination we see in this world.

Dont you think the bold apply to God to?

We know intelligent being your statement.....God not found there
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:16pm On Nov 02, 2013
rationalmind:

Hahaha, God also practices taqiyya

Taqiyya stem from him and christians took their share of kitman from him.

1 Kings 22:23
King James Version (KJV)
23 Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:21pm On Nov 02, 2013
How can I reconvert to a religion I was never in the first place.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Ishilove: 1:22pm On Nov 02, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

1. I want to know God

As a man, I need to contact with the reality of the world through my consciousness. I am aware of the world through sense experience. I make use of the concepts abstracted from my experience of others, I draw conclusions about the world around me. So the only way I can belief in God is if he can be spotted and know with my five sense (seeing, hearing, touching, smelling, and tasting).

2. Miracle

Being thinking of hijacking a sunday service with a loaded pistol. I can just ask the whole church to pray to God for saving their pastor when I point my pistol at his forehead......dont want to go through the thick cuz I might end in jail. Lol.

Anyway since christians believe in bible and it said that through faith mountain can shift it position, we can experiment how prayer miraculously move a little stone. If truely there is God who listen and answer prayer with supreme power, then he should answer prayer warriors request and move the stone at least a metre length. OR since God can make donkey talk, I will want to see and hear my chicken saying 'folyk, why are you tempting God, pls belief'. With this I will belief in God if he display miraculous fit like those mentioned.

3. Fill with Holy Spirit

Yeah. It is said that if we dont want to eat palm oil, we might do because of yam. Holy spirit can manifest in me which will point to the existence of God. I can remember when I was still a christian.......for good 18years, I didn't fall under anointing or holy ghost touch period while my friends roll on ground like person with epilepsy. I didn't speak in tongue, God didn't whisper to my ears, I didn't see vision of hell and no spirit talking to me. My friends can fast for 21 days but I ended up in hospital when I fasted for 2 days.
Why always me? Why cant I be like others who receive sms from demon, fall under anointing, speak in tongue or hear from God. If I should believe in God, Holy spirit should manifest in me so that I can experience divinity presence like my friends.

4. One Universal Church

Different denominations and doctrines in the house of God purged me out of christianity. Obadiah was right when he called me Ashewo.....I read the bible back then and always wish to follow it but always find church doctrines contradicting both other churches pattern and bible. So when I find any contradiction, I divorce the denomination for another. The worst is the multiplying division against self in christiandom........if you want to see the bad part of your church, you need to view it from other churches. Jehovah Witness bashing catholic, catholic mocking protestant, deeper life hating c/s, celestial exposing christ embassy hypocrisy and Redeem forming holier than thou. I worshipped in almost every church is my locality.....but seem they are lying and deceiving self when watched from a separate church.
God call for one body..... When there is this one body, it can prove that yes there is someone who speak and host human race as one body in christ. With this, I can belief in christ which draw God in too.

5. Accessible Gateway

It only in nairaland I know that there is updated spiritual-tech when pastor Jo informed us demon now send text message. Back in sunday school class, we were told that God telephone number is J.E.S.U.S. I grew up to find out that you cant press J when dialing call. The doubt about God existence came through this and other deceptive gospel. When we are million mile apart, I can chat through internet provided there is network. I can ring your line, post you letter and speak physically with you by travelling down. This goes with high profile people yet we are all the creation of God.
If there is a God, I will believe in him if there is an accessible gateway through wish I can communicate with him. Telephone, email account, bbm pin, or heaven transport route leading to him can definately make me believe totally in his existence.

The above are my conditions which will make me belief in the existence of God and convert back to christian.....

Lol. These are the conditions of someone who has made up his mind not to know God.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:27pm On Nov 02, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
How can I reconvert to a religion I was never in the first place.

Only if your Gods take the war front. Christian crusade is continual.....

Looking forward to Pagan and Christian debate.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 02, 2013
Tgirl4real:

For ya mind.

Yes, ure right. There must be a supreme being behind the earthquakes, the tsunamis, and all other disasters we see in this world
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Ishilove: 1:29pm On Nov 02, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Dear John. There are more to my post as in personal warfare.....but I hold unto what doesn't kill ya makes you stronger.

Am serious about this, if the above condition can be reach, am converting.
So you are giving the Almighty God conditions?

I laugh in Sanskrit. Foly, there is nothing any one will say here that will convince you. All you need is one, just one encounter with the supernatural and you will be convinced.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 02, 2013
Ishilove:
Lol. These are the conditions of someone who has made up his mind not to know God.

The conditions of someone who has made up his mind not to know God UNTIL those conditions are fulfilled

1 Like

Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:31pm On Nov 02, 2013
Ishilove:

God know I try all my best seeking him. And you christians never help.

A good shepherd search for his lost sheep but it sheep now looking for lost shepherd. Been some years in the wild, sheep is now buffalo.....

Lol
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 02, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Taqiyya stem from him and christians took their share of kitman from him.

1 Kings 22:23
King James Version (KJV)
23 Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.

grin
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Ishilove: 1:32pm On Nov 02, 2013
obadiah777: gaddem heathen smdh tongue
Lmao!!! Buzu, one day you will be traced to your home and given the beating of your young life grin grin
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 02, 2013
Ishilove:

I laugh in Sanskrit. Foly, there is nothing any one will say here that will convince you. All you need is one, just one encounter with the supernatural and you will be convinced.

You must have had that one encounter yourself. Do you mind sharing it with us? Who knows, it may convince us as well
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Ishilove: 1:44pm On Nov 02, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

God know I try all my best seeking him. And you christians never help.

A good shepherd search for his lost sheep but it sheep now looking for lost shepherd. Been some years in the wild, sheep is now buffalo.....

Lol
It is not only buffalo. Warthog nko? Lol

'A good sheperd looks for his lost sheep' is correct, but what happens when the lost sheep refuses to heed the sheperd's call?

Foly, be sincere, have you ever genuinely really sought the face of God without putting conditions? What I see here is you wanting to know God on your own terms, and not the other way around. You seek a God you can analyse, completely understand, a God with a human face whom you can interact with on a human level. Well, the thing is there several gods who meet that criteria but not the Almighty God. What I read in your post is pride, arrogance and a stubborn heart. Until you genuinely seek Him without any conditions attached, until you go to Him with a open heart, you will not get the answers you seek.

Until then, all you are doing is child's play.

1 Like

Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Ishilove: 1:57pm On Nov 02, 2013
rationalmind:

You must have had that one encounter yourself. Do you mind sharing it with us? Who knows, it may convince us as well
The reason why I don't engage in 'my God is better than your god' debates in this section is for this simple reason: No one can be debated into the kingdom of God. People think it is about winning arguments and scoring points. That is utter bollocks.

I can share with you many of my experiences; some personal, some are the ones I have been privileged to witness, and you still won't be convinced. Why? Because it is the Holy Spirit who is responsible for producing fruit. We simply take the initiative to share Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit and leave the results to God. It is the Holy spirit that persuades and convicts the heart of the unbeliever, so I leave you to Him to work on.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:58pm On Nov 02, 2013
Ishilove:

Yes....I have that in my conditions list. #2

You've encounter this pls how can I too so that I can believe like ya?
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:03pm On Nov 02, 2013
Ishilove:
The reason why I don't engage in 'my God is better than your god' debates in this section is for this simple reason: No one can be debated into the kingdom of God. People think it is about winning arguments and scoring points. That is utter bollocks.

I can share with you many of my experiences; some personal, some are the ones I have been privileged to witness, and you still won't be convinced. Why? Because it is the Holy Spirit who is responsible for producing fruit. We simply take the initiative to share Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit and leave the results to God. It is the Holy spirit that persuades and convicts the heart of the unbeliever, so I leave you to Him to work on.

Seriously No hope again. After 18yrs, the holy spirit couldn't do a single work on me....better I work out my salvation with my own hands
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Ishilove: 2:07pm On Nov 02, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Seriously No hope again. After 18yrs, the holy spirit couldn't do a single work on me....better I work out my salvation with my own hands
Are you sure in all eighteen years He didn't work on you? He did, Foly, you were just not receptive to it.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:11pm On Nov 02, 2013
Ishilove:
Are you sure in all eighteen years He didn't work on you? He did, Foly, you were just not receptive to it.

The day I tried to be receptive at all cost I ended in hospital
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Ajibam: 2:17pm On Nov 02, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

The day I tried to be receptive at all cost I ended in hospital

lol...how?
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by macof(m): 2:18pm On Nov 02, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Only if your Gods take the war front. Christian crusade is continual.....

Looking forward to Pagan and Christian debate.

A thread should be open on this
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:31pm On Nov 02, 2013
Ishilove:
It is not only buffalo. Warthog nko? Lol

'A good sheperd looks for his lost sheep' is correct, but what happens when the lost sheep refuses to heed the sheperd's call?

Foly, be sincere, have you ever genuinely really sought the face of God without putting conditions? What I see here is you wanting to know God on your own terms, and not the other way around. You seek a God you can analyse, completely understand, a God with a human face whom you can interact with on a human level. Well, the thing is there several gods who meet that criteria but not the Almighty God. What I read in your post is pride, arrogance and a stubborn heart. Until you genuinely seek Him without any conditions attached, until you go to Him with a open heart, you will not get the answers you seek.

Until then, all you are doing is child's play.

Lol.

The shepherd is in million ways intelligent than sheep. If he really care for the sheep, he will move toward the sheep with love and compassion. A good mother dont give her child to lion for food cuz the child is wicked. Continual kindness and closiness is needed. God doesn't fit for shepherd and mother.

Am sincere with my search for God. Lot of people have claimed to have seen, heard and interacted with him but my case end in emptiness before me. There is no way as human and my reality having contact with something without having connection with my consciousness. I wont agree with your claim that I want to understand God completely. Consciousness is infinite while my brain is a finite property which process consciousness. So if I dont know or consciousness interact with God, it mean he doesn't exist. Also, am not omniscient that can know everything. Not even a professor can say he/she everything about his field. I know there is phone but I cant explain anything on phone panel board. The way the screen work is miraculous to me cuz when I opened it, it just a nylon and some plate. Despite, I know this is phone but my knowledge of it is limited to my awareness to it. Why God cant me aware of his existence? I dont seek his mysteries or powers....I just want to know him.

And once again, I am really serious about this.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:33pm On Nov 02, 2013
Ajibam:

lol...how?

I prayed, read scripture but fasting nearly kill me bro.

I was told to fast for three days but cant make it.....I saw heaven and earth in the second day of the fasting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Prelate Akpanika Emerged Through Transparent Process - Presbyterian Church / What If My Mother Is Really A Witch / Is Sex In Marriage Carnal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.