Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,504 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God (9812 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Abducted Muslim Children Forcefully Converted To Christianity In Edo Idp Camp. / Boko Haram Wants To Kill Me For Converting To Christianity”–Islamic Cleric’s Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:20pm On Nov 04, 2013
frank3.16:

where did u meet Jesus and how did he look like. u must answer this questionoooo

Unfortunately, he is nowhere to be found with the answer.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:21pm On Nov 04, 2013
Elantracey: lol first of all how ws ur day

have been reading the story of ancient Owu kingdom fall. It a damn tragedy
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:24pm On Nov 04, 2013
Oduduwaboy: Religion!!!....why does man ever have to defend God? If God is up there why can't He just lovingly reveal himself to us his little ignorant children at least once in every generation of about 80 years?

@ Op ....your points are valid and i also seek same answers as you . I spent many years in the church and never once saw a miracle though the bible promised us many. Please, i was devoted to 'God ' and sincere in heart .

Please, posters should be honest, truthful and sincere in there responses . Apart from your imaginary faith , is there any other evidence you can use to convince someone born into an areligious household to believe in a God?

imaginary hope and taking over of grievance and pains......this is psychological warfare.

1 Like

Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 04, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

have been reading the story of ancient Owu kingdom fall. It a damn tragedy
hmmmm so wat did u gain 4rm d book
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by macof(m): 5:27pm On Nov 04, 2013
Elantracey: hmmmm so wat did u gain 4rm d book
historic knowledge
what do Christians gain from the bible that makes it different from reading an article about ancient Yoruba kingdoms?
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:28pm On Nov 04, 2013
nwuyag: When members of the same denomination dont agree with themselves, denominations dont agree with each other, christians in general (eg nairaland christians) also dont agree with themselves, christians dont agree with moslems. There are over 10000 diferent denominations which each denomination could have 100 different interpretations of their views of the bible. So what is the probabilty of a non theist agreeing with a sect/ a persons's idea of christianity amongst all sects and religions?
#just saying.

lol....number 4 condition as said in the OP. One church meaning there is God or different denomination meaning there is no God.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Oduduwaboy(m): 5:31pm On Nov 04, 2013
@elantracey dear .....well suffice to say i practiced the 'spirikoko ' Pentecostalism .
Am aware of all the tales and stories of old but not once did u see a lost limb grow back !
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:31pm On Nov 04, 2013
Elantracey: hmmmm so wat did u gain 4rm d book

1. Historical knowledge.
2. Ancient political structure.
3. Spirituality and the role of spiritual force among human.
4. Love&lust
5. Effect of war.
6. The curse of the Gods.
7. Poetic lamentations (this made me cry).
8. Our salvation.....in our hand.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:32pm On Nov 04, 2013
macof: historic knowledge
what do Christians gain from the bible that makes it different from reading an article about ancient Yoruba kingdoms?

Take it slow. She is one of my angel.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 04, 2013
Oduduwaboy: @elantracey dear .....well suffice to say i practiced the 'spirikoko ' Pentecostalism .
Am aware of all the tales and stories of old but not once did u see a lost limb grow back !
sorry but dat didnt ans ma question
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 04, 2013
macof: historic knowledge
dear macof u really wanna know ah guess we should go 4 a bible study one of dis days den ah wont ve to tell u
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 04, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

1. Historical knowledge.
2. Ancient political structure.
3. Spirituality and the role of spiritual force among human.
4. Love&lust
5. Effect of war.
6. The curse of the Gods.
7. Poetic lamentations (this made me cry).
8. Our salvation.....in our hand.
ah love one part ...our salvatiin is in our hands
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Oduduwaboy(m): 5:39pm On Nov 04, 2013
@elantracey ....okay am going to say it now . I wad born into CAC , strayed into student fellowships and till recently attended RCCG !

....and i can tell you am not a learner of the 'word'!
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Oduduwaboy(m): 5:48pm On Nov 04, 2013
@macof ....sorry i didnt reply in time . well i must confess am only recently making attempts to delve into the yoruba traditional religion . can you help along ?
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:51pm On Nov 04, 2013
Elantracey: ah love one part ...our salvatiin is in our hands

And you sold yours to jewish Jesus?
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 04, 2013
Oduduwaboy: @elantracey ....okay am going to say it now . I wad born into CAC , strayed into student fellowships and till recently attended RCCG !

....and i can tell you am not a learner of the 'word'!
gud at least u were not a church prostitute, did u do anytin apart 4rm warnin d bench
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Oduduwaboy(m): 5:52pm On Nov 04, 2013
A comparative study of the Bible and the written 'Ese odu - ifa 'of the yoruba Ifa religion makes the bible reads like a toddler's verses! sorry if i sound irreverent .
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:01pm On Nov 04, 2013
Elantracey: gud at least u were not a church prostitute, did u do anytin apart 4rm warnin d bench

*faint*

I did what the bible asked me to. Now my angel shooting me down with words. Gaddem
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by manutdadex(m): 6:03pm On Nov 04, 2013
rationalmind:

My thoughts exactly. The eclipse appeared and we all saw it. God could had appeared side by side with the eclipse.

if God appear jst like d eclipse, where do u think u will be? If u realy want to know God or like i av, u av to go back to him nt d same way u went previously and if u say God does nt exist...he will show is existence to you as he av me. I dont av to argue with u to proof is existence. But am pretty sure u will meet him Again!
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 04, 2013
nwuyag: When members of the same denomination dont agree with themselves, denominations dont agree with each other, christians in general (eg nairaland christians) also dont agree with themselves, christians dont agree with moslems. There are over 10000 diferent denominations which each denomination could have 100 different interpretations of their views of the bible. So what is the probabilty of a non theist agreeing with a sect/ a persons's idea of christianity amongst all sects and religions?
#just saying.

hey bro! Quite an age. were you banned?
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Oduduwaboy(m): 6:09pm On Nov 04, 2013
@ elantracey .....i sang in me local CAC church, was an 'exco ' in both secondary school and university. Even until recently i still taught a house fellowship ...and then got tired of the lies excuses for God !
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:09pm On Nov 04, 2013
manutdadex: if God appear jst like d eclipse, where do u think u will be? If u realy want to know God or like i av, u av to go back to him nt d same way u went previously and if u say God does nt exist...he will show is existence to you as he av me. I dont av to argue with u to proof is existence. But am pretty sure u will meet him Again!

moses saw God face to face and nothing happen to him. Why is his case different?
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 04, 2013
manutdadex: if God appear jst like d eclipse, where do u think u will be? If u realy want to know God or like i av, u av to go back to him nt d same way u went previously and if u say God does nt exist...he will show is existence to you as he av me. I dont av to argue with u to proof is existence. But am pretty sure u will meet him Again!

Where will I be if God appeared with the eclipse? There are at the moment at least 1.1 billion people who are atheists/agnostics in the world. Is a mere side by side appearance with the eclipse too much to save their souls?

The human brain is extremely powerful. you might think God showed his existence to you but its just your brain playing tricks on you. If God showed himself to you and its so convincing as you claim, share that experience with us. lets all see how convincing it is.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 04, 2013
Oduduwaboy: @ elantracey .....i sang in me local CAC church, was an 'exco ' in both secondary school and university. Even until recently i still taught a house fellowship ...and then got tired of the lies excuses for God !

Christians tend to feel no one can be a real christian and then become an atheist. Here is a list of former pastors who have turned atheists.

1. Gordon Douglas
2. G. Vincent Runyon
3. Teresa macbain
4. Jerry Dewitt
5. rationalmind

Just to name a few
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:39pm On Nov 04, 2013
rationalmind:

Christians tend to feel no one can be a real christian and then become an atheist. Here is a list of former pastors who have turned atheists.

1. Gordon Douglas
2. G. Vincent Runyon
3. Teresa macbain
4. Jerry Dewitt
5. rationalmind

Just to name a few

what? *faint*
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 04, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

*faint*

I did what the bible asked me to. Now my angel shooting me down with words. Gaddem
hmmmm dearie let me correct sometin first o..moses didnt see God face to face he only say his back and that was possible becos of d intimate relationship dey had...if u really really really want to see God start wit havin a relationship wit him
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 04, 2013
Oduduwaboy: @ elantracey .....i sang in me local CAC church, was an 'exco ' in both secondary school and university. Even until recently i still taught a house fellowship ...and then got tired of the lies excuses for God !
oh my dear brother...sorry 4 ma many questions o...did u ve any personal relationship wit God
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 04, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

what? *faint*

hehehehehehe grin. I was also a once a pastor na
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 04, 2013
rationalmind:

hehehehehehe grin. I was also a once a pastor na
u owned a church or u were pastorin under someone
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:20pm On Nov 04, 2013
Elantracey: hmmmm dearie let me correct sometin first o..moses didnt see God face to face he only say his back and that was possible becos of d intimate relationship dey had...if u really really really want to see God start wit havin a relationship wit him

Hey....you read only your pastor sermon. Lol.

I can see the reason you are a christian. Read the bible on your own from genesis to revelation with open mind. You will never remain the same. Lol
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 04, 2013
Elantracey: u owned a church or u were pastorin under someone

was just joking dear. Bt at least, I was once a born again, sanctified christian
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:31pm On Nov 04, 2013
rationalmind:

was just joking dear. Bt at least, I was once a born again, sanctified christian

call of duty soldier....... You need to return to those you preached to back then

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

My Favorite Hymn / Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? / Growing In The Prophetic As A Normal Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.